[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just watched The Room for the first time. What was the room

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: TheRoom.jpg (489KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
TheRoom.jpg
489KB, 1000x1500px
I just watched The Room for the first time.

What was the room that the title refers to? Their living room?
>>
There was actually a huge marketing error that no one seems to talk about.
The intended title for the movie is The Roof, because a lot of the movie takes place on the roof of the apartment. Somewhere along the way, the 'f' was replaced with an 'm' because of some typo.
Just throwing that out there.
>>
>>85275345

The room you're in watching it, when your entire worldview changes after watching this kino.
>>
>>85275345
>Tommy Wiseau esoterically addressed several fan questions in a special Q&A feature filmed for the DVD release. Among these are "Why is it called 'The Room'?" (to which Wiseau replies that the title is meant to evoke a safe place for viewers) and "Why is everyone playing football in tuxedos and standing only three feet apart?" (which Wiseau doesn't answer except to say that football is fun and that playing it without protective gear is a challenge).
>>
File: 1498498301651.jpg (29KB, 654x372px) Image search: [Google]
1498498301651.jpg
29KB, 654x372px
>>85275345
Are you me?
>>
>>85275345

Why are you trying to make sense of what Tommy Wiseau does?
>>
>>85275345
It could be very deceiving honestly, you look at this poster with Tommy Wiseau's weird serious face in there and it's called "The Room", makes you think of so many things and the movie ends up being about a guy that's so nice and everyone loves him and he gets cucked by his best friend and then kills himself
>>
>>85275622
Yeah, i thought it was about a murderer who locked his victims inside a room or something when i first saw the poster
>>
the room... for improvement
>>
>>85275394
Up until The Disaster Artist trailer came out I always thought that those scenes were filmed on an actual rooftop. The lighting there is so perfect.
>>
>>85275514
>"Why is everyone playing football in tuxedos and standing only three feet apart?" (which Wiseau doesn't answer except to say that football is fun and that playing it without protective gear is a challenge).

Why is Tommy Wiseau so fucking weirdly charming?
>>
o hi marc
>>
>>85275732

he is honest
>>
>>85275345
The idea was that the entire movie would take place in just one room. The concept was abandoned during production but he kept the title.

Sorta fits the movie, as it introduces seemingly important characters and subplots and then immediately abandons them.
>>
>>85275345
Everyone in the room knows Lisa's cheating on him.
>>
>>85275732
my favorite part as well. Got an irl chuckle out of me.
>>
>>85275732
>tfw you will never be blessed by Tommy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnWcshrc7So
>>
>>85276118
Thanks caveman
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.