[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the best horror films of the 90s?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

What are the best horror films of the 90s?
>>
>>85273143
Scream easily.

Though I have a fondness for I Know What You Did Last Summer and Urban Legend.
>>
>>85273199
>born in 84
>>
>>85273143

>Scream
>Candyman
>Silence of the Lambs
>Misery
>Jacob's Ladder
>Army of Darkness
>The Exorcist III
>Audition
>Night of the Living Dead
>Not The Blair Witch Project, because it sucked and is unwatchable today

Can't think of any that I missed. I really liked Hellraiser 3 and 4, but I know they're not that great nor are they everyone's cup of tea.
>>
>>85275329
Adding:

Scream 2
The Faculty
Event Horizon
Wes Craven's New Nightmare
>>
File: Trancers II.jpg (1MB, 1521x2158px) Image search: [Google]
Trancers II.jpg
1MB, 1521x2158px
>>85273143
Not sure if the Trancers franchise is more horror or sci-fi, but either way.
>>
>>85275329
BWP is still great
>>
>>85276104
>The Faculty
lord no
>>
>>85273143
Candyman and In The Mouth of Madness.
>>85275329
This is solid
>>
>>85276201
its sci-fi
first two are classic
>>
>>85276215
Only if you rewatched with the interweb theory in your mind that the two dudes were fucking with her to kill her...thou, the ghost kids kinda fuck that theory right in the ass.
>>
Does Tremors count as horror?
>>
>>85276249
I like it because it's total wish fulfillment.

>ywn save your town from an alien invasion with your friends and win over your crush
>>
>>85276215

Back in the day, I didn't like it. I still don't. It had a similar concept to The Haunting (1963) in that, they try to scare you with what you don't see. I'm of the opinion that The Haunting did that way better. I'm supposed to be scared of rocks and ghosts shaking their tent? No way. It only got good in the last 6-10 minutes or so and then it ends. It set that trend. You see it in Paranormal Activity and all its shitty sequels, too. Film finally gets going, then boom - it ends. The sequel is better.
>>
>>85276395
>The sequel is better

Which one?
>>
>>85276442

The 2nd one. There's a different cut of it out there. The theatrical cut a shit. A fan trimmed out the dumb parts and made it cohesive. It's kind of like apples and oranges, though, since 2 isn't found footage.
>>
>>85276565
I've actually been meaning to rewatch Book of Shadows. The concept is pretty good but it was obviously rushed and sort of incomprehensible in parts.
>>
File: frighteners_ver1.jpg (52KB, 508x755px) Image search: [Google]
frighteners_ver1.jpg
52KB, 508x755px
Don't forget to rate and leave a comment below
>>
>>85276667

The fan cut erases all the bullshit. It doesn't necessarily fix some of the mediocre acting, but it makes it undeniably better.
>>
>>85276752
Cool, I'll check out the edit then.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.