[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Arrival kino or meme-o?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Arrival,_Soundtrack.jpg (66KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
Arrival,_Soundtrack.jpg
66KB, 320x320px
>>
it was shit
>>
>>85272784
I liked it. Had a different idea of Alien encounter and time manipulation was an ok twist.
>>
Best film I've seen in 2 years and I'm not meming at all
>>
I was shit and I havn't even seen it, most american alien arrival films are

PURE SHIT

Muh ALIUMS

Muh MiliTERRY

Yeah whatever
>>
>>85272799
>>85272806
I liked that it was mostly whites cast and it addressed that the only real purpose for women is having children.
>>
Arrival is practically capeshit. The film was made so middlebrow viewers like you can tip your film buff hats and be tricked into feeling like you're a somehow more discerning viewer, appreciating the medium on a level beyond the plebes, but it's normiecore schlock all the same. This film was Nolan level spoonfeeding trash, Villeneuve just hasn't gotten to the point where his name has become unfashionable yet.
>>
i really enjoyed the movie, but the trope of "military ONLY cares about weapons" is so fucking tiring, especially because they always act in the most retarded manner possible
>>
>>85272784
It's pretty dumb. You can use image and analogy to communicate.
>image of the solar system → image of alien ship in solar system → alien ship on earth → ?
Retarded ayy lmaos dont even know how to use graphics.
>>
I wanted Michael Stuhlbarg to have a bigger role. Actually I wanted him to be the lead. I think it sucks that hacks like Jeremy Renner have an infinitely better career than him and get the lead role and he has to shuffle in the fucking background
>>
>>85273016
I dont even know who that is. Is he a nigger? Niggers shouldnt play lead roles
>>
>>85273096
he was the Jew military guy who pulled a gun on Amy Adams in the last scene
>>
>>85272784

It was literally too kino for most of the plebs here so they all banded together to hate it.
>>
>>85272798
this
>>
File: 1381408135764.jpg (103KB, 960x638px) Image search: [Google]
1381408135764.jpg
103KB, 960x638px
Story of Your Life has been hailed as the best scifi short story ever by the expanse creators, who tend to know their scifi shit.
The short story is pretty good for a short story.
The movie is pretty shit for a long movie, plus some things just dont translate to screen well and leave it with a hugefuckton of plotholes and other bullshit that makes any good science fiction fan, hard or star wars fantasy, turn in their graves

tl;dr: not worth paying money for, only watch if youve got NOTHING else to do
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.