[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rome Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9

I am really enjoying this show but I am having trouble determining the timeline. Two episodes can be continuous and then the following episode takes place two years later (Caesar's campaign in Egypt and Africa). I am currently in the episode where Titus is a hitman and Vorenus is bogged down by the duties of a magistrate. In this episode, Cassius scheme to dethrone Caesar has come to life but how long has Caesar been the ruler?

Also just general Rome Thread
>>
>>85263032
BUMP
>>
>>85263032
bump
>>
where does one buy trve roman bread in the current year?
>>
Read a biography of Caesar or something of the sort if you want to understand the events, the show is good but it jumps around too much.
>>
PROSTITUTES AND UNCLEAN TRADESMEN
>>
Third series, fucking when?
>>
>>85263032

It's a good show, but it becomes a better show if you know the life of Julius Caesar, because you have a much better idea of the political context and the timeline.

Like >>85264558 says.
>>
Ave general.
>>
So, its ever explained how does one become a "Console of Rome"?
>>
>>85264558
>Read a biography of Caesar
I don't want to read about fucking corn
>>
>>85263032
Why does HBO throw so much money into GoT but cant make a show about the Roman Republic till the ascension of Augustus? That shit has more intense twist turns, wars, characters and stories for literally 50 seasons. Most of the concept work is already done for the creators, so why are they not making an awesome rome show again?
>>
File: roman-meal-sandwich-001.jpg (175KB, 768x339px) Image search: [Google]
roman-meal-sandwich-001.jpg
175KB, 768x339px
>>85264418
Available in patrician grocery stores nationwide.
>>
>>85264993
Are you fucking stupid anon?
>>
>>85264993
It would require genuine effort, and because it's based in history it would have to hold up to scrutiny as opposed to some hack and his YA fantasy books.
>>
File: GAIUS JULIUS CAESAR.webm (943KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
GAIUS JULIUS CAESAR.webm
943KB, 640x360px
>>85264418
>>85264711
GAIUS
JULIUS
CEASAR
>>
>>85263032
I'm still pissed they cancelled it. Stop making threads senpai, I just can't.
>>
MOCKERY OF ALL JEWS AND THEIR ONE GOD SHALL BE KEPT TO AN APPROPRIATE MINIMUM WHILE PRINCE JEW IS IN ROME
>>
I doesnt even have to be Rome for me really, I just want some more comfy alpha James Purefoy playing someone like Anthony again
>>
File: 1470243781963.jpg (72KB, 686x686px) Image search: [Google]
1470243781963.jpg
72KB, 686x686px
>>85263032

>we'll never get a show about the five good emperors
>any show about rome will be caesar, spartacus, jesus or the jews
>>
>>85265234
>Is that a threat?
>It's not a threat, I assure you, snows always melt

Literally came at this scene
>>
>>85263032
Sadly it gets even worse in season two when they have to fit like 10-15 years into one season. At least in season one they manage to let the show have a natural flow.
>>
>>85265674
>we'll never get a show about the degradation and eventual collapse of the Western Roman Empire.
>>
>>85265674
>What is I, Claudius
>>
File: I_Claudius_titles.jpg (228KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
I_Claudius_titles.jpg
228KB, 500x375px
is I, Claudius still worth watching? Just finished the book and really enjoyed it
>>
>>85265234
Purefoy, McKidd, Stevenson, the guy that played posca, the guy that played the horse jew. This show was full of comfy actors. Even the women were mostly good (except for the shit between octavia and servilia).
>>
File: GW369H360.jpg (79KB, 369x360px) Image search: [Google]
GW369H360.jpg
79KB, 369x360px
>YOU KNOW, THE PEOPLE ARE NOT SO LIBERAL WITH THEIR WIVES AS YOU.
>THEY SHALL SAY YOU WEAR KEKOLDS HORNS; THEY SHALL SAY YOUR WIFE BETRAYED YOU WITH A LOW-BORN PLEBE ON MY STAFF. YOU WILL BE A FIGURE OF FUN. THE PROLES WILL LAUGH AT YOU IN THE STREET. YOUR SOLDIERS WILL MOCK YOU BEHIND YOUR BACK.
kino af
>>
File: 1446001385524.jpg (275KB, 1000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1446001385524.jpg
275KB, 1000x1333px
>>85265057
Are you? I just gave reference to material which is about 400 years 509 BC at the declaration of the Roman Republic by Brutus, there is a lot of filler and politics there, if needing action the setting maybe done later on at the refounding of rome under Camillus in 390 BC, who is literally called the Second Founding Father of Rome because he returned from exile to defeat the Gauls who had beseiged rome and held it to ransom and the infamous 'Vae Victis' was derived from.

Then there is the Samnite Wars, from defeats the Romans learn, they become unstoppable as they win subsequent wars against the Etruscans and Samnites, then there is the Phyrric Wars, the political intrigue with Greeks city states in Magna Graecia (Southern Italy) trade with intrigue the Neutral and sometimes allied Carthaginians, political rivalries, fights, succession, rise of heroes, death of many, especially in the Caudine Forks, there there is a ton of other stuff like the creation of Via Appia a strategic piece of road to defend Capua.

These are relevant foundations from where fiction can be written and created, 'creativity' in general is commonly bankrupt because its all about populist nonsense i guess...
>>
>>85265988
Yeah i think you are stupid anon. The plebs dont give a shjt about any of that. As ,long as tbey get epic scenes and strong women theyre happy, thats whats selling these days.
>>
>>85266132
Fuck you nigga, I know jews control that shit, I am just saying that the discourse like that is exactly what generates adherents. The days of the neilsen targeted TV is dying.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.