/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just marathoned this movie.... What did I think of it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: Sunshine-007.jpg (327KB, 1920x806px) Image search: [Google]
Sunshine-007.jpg
327KB, 1920x806px
I just marathoned this movie....
What did I think of it?
>>
>>85263016
>watch one movie
>marathon
>>
You thought that it was a GOAT premise but the ending let it down. But not as much as everyone says and it's still worth a watch
>>
>>85263059
summer is almost over lads
>>
>>85263103
I had actually heard no reviews either way about it
>>
>>85263103
I feel like I'm th only one who is absolutely okay with the final act
>>
>>85263016
It was shit

Where my hollow sun bros at?

This is now a /pol/ thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_UUonfkXsc
>>
I've never been able to watch this movie.

Always puts me to sleep about 10 minutes in.
>>
>>85263138
I just didn't get it, how did the guy get superpowers because he sure as fuck would need them to survive a full solar blast without shields plus all that other shit they did to him plus all that time alone
>>
One of the best science fiction films ever, slightly let down by the slasher third act, but still absolutely stunning.

Also one of the greatest movie soundtracks of all time.

And a multicultural cast done right, ofcourse a space mission to save the planet is going to employ the best and brightest, without any politics involved.

https://youtu.be/NQXVzg2PiZw?t=40s
>>
>>85263138
>I feel like I'm the only one who would be absolutely okay with only the travel to sun cold-shouldering that other ship
FTFY
>>
>>85263119
back to plebbit with you
>>
>>85263260
This was a big dilemma for the crew, plenty of them were ok with leaving the other ship alone
>>
File: 62129.jpg (770KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
62129.jpg
770KB, 1440x900px
>people think Pinbacker actually survived the radiation and it was him who was running around slashing people

heh, plebfilter confirmed
>>
I thought it was a bloody white knuckle ride,
And the visuals were brilliant when they hit the mark i.e. any shot which wasn't wasn't a zoom out of the space ships
>>
>>85263016
Watched this yesterday. Thought it was pretty good. I think it catches a lot of flak for not being a movie it was never intended to be.

The idea that as they get closer to the sun the hard sci-fi setting/reality/characters start to break down in the presence of Sol/God is an interesting idea and makes the movie unique.
>>
>>85263222
Most of the science in the movie is pleb tier garbage, like that oxygen garden. Redditors think "plants make oxygen from CO2 and sunlight! how smart of them for including that and how smart of me for noticing!"

And then you look into how oxygen is actually stored/used in space missions and you'll also see how everything has a failsafe anyway (which that garden didn't and they nearly suffocated near the end).

If you appreciate the science aspect of the movie you are a bonafide retard.
>>
>>85263999
>thinks being a good science fiction film is dependent on how much a film copies from his 3rd grade biology book

Neck yourself
>>
I liked it, the atmosphere and tension was good. I didn't love or hate the third act though I liked the very end a lot. Also Cillian is cute. Cute!
>>
>>85264275
He is, isn't he. Especially when reaching out to almost touch the sun.
>>
>>85263016

The plot was fucking retarded and most of the science was junk but it looked fantastic and had great acting and soundtrack. Overall you rated it a 6/10.
>>
>>85263016
is that the movie where the sun is really bright?
i think i saw it in the theater back then lol
>>
Plebfilter
One of the best scifi movies in the past decade
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.