[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

British Comedy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 293
Thread images: 44

What are some quintessential British comedy shows you need to watch if you're into the genre? Can be sitcoms, panel shows, certain comedians or stand-up DVD's, anything. List what you think is some of the best of British Comedy.

Pic related.
Spaced was a slightly underrated and overlooked sitcom but it's absolutely brilliant in my mind. Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Edgar Wright trio's early work, before the Cornetto Trilogy. It's surreal, full of references and just brilliantly written. Maybe not the best of the best, but something you should definitely watch if you're into British Comedy.
>>
File: 70157495.jpg (62KB, 665x375px) Image search: [Google]
70157495.jpg
62KB, 665x375px
E S S E N T I A L
>>
>>85258893
Blackadder is absolutely top-tier. Fawlty Towers is pretty excellent. Father Ted has some fantastic episodes, if you count the Irish as British. Holy Grail, Life of Brian should both be watched if just for how influential they were.
>>
File: alanpartridge-lovelystuff.jpg (197KB, 620x827px) Image search: [Google]
alanpartridge-lovelystuff.jpg
197KB, 620x827px
>>
As someone who was a teenager here in the UK when The Inbetweeners was running, I think it's the most hilarious and relatable teen comedy of all time.
>>
Monty Python's Flying Circus
>>
File: absolutely-fabulous.jpg (48KB, 300x380px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely-fabulous.jpg
48KB, 300x380px
>>85258893
the actress who played the daughter in this show got me hooked into it. Was hoping she'd turn from a nerdy and homely schoolgirl into a minx.
>>
The Fast Show
Shooting Stars
Time Trumpet
Broken News
The Office
Extras
>>
>>85258941
Black Books is essential. I'm such a pathetic nerd that I actually looked up where they filmed the shop's outside and I went there when I visited London.
Also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=936YFY1jAUk

>>85259096
Great list. Blackadder and Fawlty Towers are absolute classics.
Anything by Monty Python should be regarded as quintessential basically.

The weird thing is that I could never get into Father Ted and I have no idea why. It's written by Graham Linehan who also wrote Black Books and The IT Crowd and I loved those, so I see no reason why I shouldn't like Father Ted.
I'll have to give it another try some day.

>>85259111
I don't really like Alan Partridge but can't argue that he was quite big and influential in his time. Steve Coogan is good though. I really enjoy him and Rob Brydon in The Trip. The format is so dull and simple (tour a country for a week and go to restaurants) yet somehow it's a brilliant piece of understated comedy, and everyone should give it a go.

>>85259178
>I think it's the most hilarious and relatable teen comedy of all time.
The Inbetweeners was nothing short of a masterpiece. It's such a complete and honest observation on growing up as a teenager. I was already past that stage when it aired so for me it was more like a nostalgia trip. It just perfectly encapsulated that feeling of being a teenage boy. Shitty but kinda okay friends, terrible experiences with picking up girls, trying to get alcohol, camping...there was so much more. It was just eerie how well it documented the average unpopular teenage boy's school years, while also embellishing a lot for comic effect obviously.
>>
File: the-benny-hill-show.jpg (39KB, 625x386px) Image search: [Google]
the-benny-hill-show.jpg
39KB, 625x386px
>>85258893
>>
>>85258893
Most of it's way too dry for my tastes (Alan Partridge needs to be set on fire), but if you liked Spaced, try out Black Books.
>>
>>85258893
Monty Python's Life of Brian
Monty Python's Holy Grail
Black Adder
Mr Bean
Office
>>
>ctrl+f4
>no hugh and laurie show
>>
>>85259348
Saffy was cute af the first two seasons. She got significantly less cute as time went by unfortunately. Her weird asian friend stayed pretty boneable at least.
>>
>>85259546
>Time Trumpet
A hidden gem, but if you're not from Britain I think it'll mostly fall flat.
>>
File: IMG_0125.jpg (51KB, 519x324px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0125.jpg
51KB, 519x324px
Brasseye
>>
>>85259647
Ladies and Gentlemen.
I present to you, the americans list of british comedy.
>>
>>85259727
>hugh and laurie show
>>
File: TropeJeff_2744.jpg (18KB, 350x196px) Image search: [Google]
TropeJeff_2744.jpg
18KB, 350x196px
>no mention of Peep Show yet.

It's the absolute GOAT
>>
The Thick of It
Peep Show
The Day Today
Brass Eye
Never Mind the Buzzcocks (only with Mark Lamarr and Simon Amstell as hosts, everything afterward is shite)
The Office (UK)
Extras
Fawlty Towers

I also love Stewart Lee's stand-up shows but he is definitely not for everyone. If you give him a go just bear in mind the smugness is all part of the act
>>
>>85258893
Red Dwarf
Only Fools and Horses
Blackadder
Fawlty Towers
I'm Alan Partridge
Till Death Us Do Part
Drop The Dead Donkey
Steptoe and Son
Father Ted
Rab C. Nesbitt
The League of Gentlemen
One Foot in the Grave
Dad's Army
Porridge
Bottom
Desmond's
The Young Ones
The Vicar of Dibley
Spaced
The Thick of It
Yes Minister
The Office
Rising Damp
Garth Marenghi's Darkplace
Men Behaving Badly
Phoenix Nights
Black Books
The Fast Show
Peep Show
Green Wing
PhoneShop
>>
>>85258941
what's so great about Black Books? Honest question, only caught snippets of episodes flicking through channels but it never drew me in

>>85259779
still my favourite pun in all of television
>>
Peep Show, Green Wing, The Office, and Brass Eye are all great. Not really into panel shows, but recently I've been obsessed with 8 out of 10 Cats does Countdown.
>>
Nathan Barley.
>>
File: IMG_0126.jpg (81KB, 900x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0126.jpg
81KB, 900x450px
Was fonejacker pleb tier?
>>
>>85260142
nah it was ok
>>
>>85260142
Facejacker was better desu
>>
File: bouncing tit.gif (932KB, 258x258px) Image search: [Google]
bouncing tit.gif
932KB, 258x258px
>>85258893
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhYWmLfk7yc
>>
>>85259889
Pretty good list.

An often overlooked one is Look Around You, a spoof documentary/learning from home VHS thing. Completely surreal but brilliant. Stick to S1 though, they changed the format in S2 so much it ruined the simplicity of the original in my opinion.

Also worth checking out is Garth Merenghi's Darkplace. I can't even describe it in words. Mock 80's hospital drama action horror thriller with intentional terrible acting and effects. Matt Berry and Richard Ayoade are great in it.

>>85259962
>Not really into panel shows, but recently I've been obsessed with 8 out of 10 Cats does Countdown.
I like some panel shows but there's something about Cats Does Countdown that's just really good. With the right guests you get good banter, some silly stunts and mascot stuff, some genuinely funny moments from Dictionary Corner. I think the joy comes from being able to play along at home while you watch it for the comedy. I think that show's going to run for a long, long time.
>>
Wait... wait... wait?

British comedy? is there such a thing? the british are a nation of semi-arabic bores, the last time the place was fun was when millions of American GIs were based there during WW2
>>
>>85260488
Funny guy.
>>
>>85259908
>>85260367
>Garth Merenghi's Darkplace
This so much. One of my all-time favourites and it's a shame nobody watched it at the time and it only got six episodes. Then again, all of them are brilliant and the mostly improvised "making of" stuff is great as well. But man, just the intro should be enough to convince you you're in for a great time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up--onUM2vk
>>
>>85260596
He's just doing it for the (you)s. I'll let you have one instead just to piss him off :^ )
>>
>>85260488
We are NOT semi-arabic!

we're semi paki which is even worse
>>
>>85259638
>Alan Partridge needs to be set on fire

The fuck

Who doesn't like Alan Partridge? I literally can't not laugh when I watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7rTk8Vihe0
>>
Post comedy, not politics.

A lot of the shows mentioned in this thread are early 2000's, 90's or even further back. Is there any great British comedy in the last few years you would count as "quintessential"?
>>
>>85260225
God that era of dance music was just the best
>>
>>85261108
British sitcoms are severely lacking these days.
>>
>>85261108
Not really. The Thick of It is reasonably recent, but still not that recent.

The problem is that most comedy has ended up being panel shows because they're cheap, or utter TRASH """""sitcoms""""" commissioned by fuckwits at the BBC.

If there's an opposite of a golden age, it's what we're in right now.
>>
>>85260729
The funeral scene is still one of my favourite bits in any comedy show. Just the cuts back and forth between Dagless firing the gun, with Thornton laughing in the background and him holding a flamethrower.
>>
>>85261108
In recent years I quite like Toast Of London and Count Arthur Strong. Fleabag was alright also
>>
Adam and Joe Show
Limmy's Show

>>85261166
Definitely. I've liked Limmy, Alan Partridge's Mid Morning Matters, Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle, but there's just not been much else that's good in the last few years. Need to watch Toast of London though. I think all the good comedy here's mainly in stand-up, on the internet or in podcasts nowadays.
I'd like a new Chris Morris TV show but I suppose we'll just have to settle for a film every decade.
>>
>>85260142

Nah, it was good.
>>
>>85258893
Fawlty towers
Only fools and horses
Blackadder
>>
>>85261108

Some of my modern favourites have been, surpringly, BBC Three offerings:
Josh
Cuckoo
Siblings
Fleabag
>>
>>85259821

JEFF?
>>
>>85261567
People Just Do Nothing and Uncle are alright too. They're both BBC3
>>
>>85258893
An idiot abroad
>>
>>85260142

Flippin idiot
>>
File: tune_mate.jpg (62KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
tune_mate.jpg
62KB, 640x640px
>>85260225

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjmbBIIjF7E

Here have a real banger
>>
>>85258893

IT'S BEEN 18 YEARS SINCE PHANTOM MENACE TIM, LET GO
>>
File: merch.jpg (30KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
merch.jpg
30KB, 480x360px
The Office
Extras

watched both of those shows so much i probably know every line by heart forever.
It's a shame Ricky and Steve hate each other know. Does anyone know what happened between them?
Steve has to play mutants in capeshit now and Ricky does terrible netflix movies.
>>
>>85260225
>get recommended sneaker pimps spin spin sugar garage remix

Takes me back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqfIvPQ8Dgo
>>
>>85261145
>>85261166
Agreed. I love panel shows but they're slowly taking over and we hardly get any new sitcoms and the ones we do get are BBC Three nonsense, aimed at the younger crowd.

>>85261426
Toast of London is a gem and I really love it. Not quite quintessential though. Still hoping for a new series.

>>85261567
I can't stand Josh Widdecombe and I thought Cuckoo was just alright. Haven't seen the others yet.

>>85261108
I'm honestly struggling. Even if it's just comedy in a broader sense (so not just sitcoms, but other stuff as well) I can't think of anything that quite deserves to be up there with the oldies. There's a decent amount of good stuff happening but it's not Fawlty Towers.
I think Peep Show is a good contender though. That show has a chance at being remembered for a long time in the future.
>>
>>85261825
*now
>>
>>85261108
Peep Show finished a couple of years ago and that's GOAT
>>
>>85261825
Never knew they fell out. Just assumed they were doing their own thing now.

It is weird though. The Office and Extras were godly and I might be close to your level of knowing every line by heart. But the stuff afterwards was dreadful. Derek was shit.
And like you said, now Ricky is in shitty American movies like the Muppets or The Invention of Lying or some shit. What happened there? He should go back and do more of the good stuff he started out with.
>>
>>85261701

Christ that takes me back to when I just started going to clubs/pubs
>>
File: porridge-barker_2916034b.jpg (102KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
porridge-barker_2916034b.jpg
102KB, 620x387px
Porridge is probably the best written sitcom of all time. Only Fools and Horses has the best episodes amongst the list of GOATs, including #1 with Jolly Boys' Outing.
>>
The Day Today and Brass Eye
>>
>>85261836
>I can't stand Josh Widdecombe

I seen him live a couple of years ago and thought he was pretty funny. Each to their own I suppose.
>>
>>85261742

I wonder what he'd think of TFA, probably fucking hate it because it was a cheap rehash
>>
File: ap.jpg (24KB, 397x536px) Image search: [Google]
ap.jpg
24KB, 397x536px
>>85259638
>Alan Partridge needs to be set on fire

Alan Partridge on Anon – ‘He is a total wazzock and I cannot stand him’.
>>
>>85261836
Peep show is for faggots
>>
>>85262390
>cont'd

NO WAY YOU BIG SPASTIC YOU'RE A MENTALIST
>>
>>85262418
>this is what autists actually think
>>
>>85262189
Porridge is one of my favourites, can watch episodes multiple times without getting bored.
>>
>>85261603
> unironically watching BBC3
They relegated that shit to online for a reason.

>>85259638
> not liking Alan Partridge
What an absolute fucking cunt you are.

Alan Partridge is the greatest comedy in the last thirty years. And I'm not memeing.
>>
>ctrl+F
>No results

Two comedy gods at their absolute best.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (148KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
148KB, 1024x768px
>>85259638
>farmer detected

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxSbTlH0K4w
>>
>>85262445
Both main characters participate in homosexual actions
One is ugly as fuck, the other is the biggest pussy since jada plinkett-smith
>>
File: coupling.jpg (78KB, 333x250px) Image search: [Google]
coupling.jpg
78KB, 333x250px
I remember this one being decent, although I think it only ran a couple seasons.

There was also a Nick Frost led sketch show in the late 00's that was pretty decent for a season, I keep meaning to go back and rewatch.

And of course there was that one with the two guys working at the zoo.
>>
>>85262578
Why would a Briton unironically use the word 'season'?
>>
>>85262578
yes! great show, at least until jeff (was that his name?) left
>>
>ITT thread bongs recommending shows bongs have watched to bongs
>>
The Inbetweeners

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UKhCvHqxtEU
>>
>>85262272
Never seen him do stand-up, that could change my opinion, it's happened before. But on panel shows and on The Last Leg he's unbearable to me. He constantly tries to get a laugh and seeing him constantly failing to get one makes me cringe so much.
>>
>>85262625
Fucking hell Sherlock Holmes has graced us with his presence.
>>
The Queen of Sheba is on GOLD right now aka the goat episode of any comedy
>>
KMKYWAP is kino

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D49d75blINA
>>
>>85261742
Does anybody remember... there was this road comedy from right around the same time as Phantom Menace, and the premise was a bunch of kids taking their cancer bff to see the "new star wars", like as a Make-A-Wish thing for the dying kid. He just wants to see the new star wars before he dies, it's going to be amazing, etc. And the ending is, they get into theatre, house lights go down, roll credits (or something thereabout).

I think it actually came out before Phantom Menace, but I didn't see it until a couple years later. And in hindsight, all I could think was "Wow, that ending is dark as fuck. They made a dying kid spend some of his last hours watching Phantom Menace."
>>
File: onlyfools.jpg (47KB, 620x374px) Image search: [Google]
onlyfools.jpg
47KB, 620x374px
Only Fools and Horses is 100% the best British sitcom, even if it should have ended when they became millionaires.

Jolly Boys Outing
Touch of Glass
Chain Gang
To Hull and Back
The Russians Are Coming
Danger UXD

To name just the episodes I remember the names of. Most shows would end when one of the main actors dies, instead John Sullivan created the masterpiece that is Strained Relations and most of the list I mentioned above. He was even good enough to use a Simply Red song in one episode and make it work.
>>
Why is Asling Bea funnier than most male comedians. Does she secretly have a cock?
>>
Loads of good picks so far. All a bit obvious though. I'll recommend 15 Storeys High.

>>85262779
She has beta orbiter writers.
>>
>>85262762
40 year old detected
>>
>>85262612
>Why would a Briton unironically use the word 'season'?
They probably wouldn't, but I'm a 'merican (fuck yeah!). Got my brit tv groove on while working in london. Watched a fair bit of it, on account of the weather being shit.
>>
>>85262779
maybe its because you watch mock the week, everyone is shit on that show
>>
File: 2143260[1].jpg (41KB, 665x375px) Image search: [Google]
2143260[1].jpg
41KB, 665x375px
Keeping Up Appearances is absolute gold.
This isn't a comprehensive list but you definitely must also watch:
>Red Dwarf
>Father Ted
>Blackadder
>Fawlty Towers
>A Bit of Fry and Laurie
>That Mitchell and Webb Look
>Black Books
>The Two Ronnies
>Peep Show
>The Young Ones
>The Thick of It
>The Office
>>
>>85258893
Spaced is fucking shit.

>HURR DURR DOES ANYONE REMEMBER 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY
>THAT IS A CRAZY THING YOU DID
>LOL, HULL RHYMES WITH HELL
>ENGLAND IS FUCKING DULL ISN'T IT GUYS, TEA AND CRUMPETS.

Yes I'm mad. On another note, no cartoonist (artist/ writer etc.) is that well adjusted whilst living off their own projects.

Green Wing, Brass Eye, Father Ted, Alan Partridge, Garth Marenghi's Darkplace and Vic Reeves Big Night Out, are the only god tier Brit-kino comedies.

Peep show is too derivative to be in that league.
>>
File: so what is it.webm (449KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
so what is it.webm
449KB, 576x432px
>>85262762
Only Fools and Horses and Red Dwarf are my two favourite British comedies of all time tbqh.
>>
File: DCN2jTMWsAMOzYs.jpg (57KB, 700x748px) Image search: [Google]
DCN2jTMWsAMOzYs.jpg
57KB, 700x748px
>>85262820
>He hasn't watched every episode a dozen times on UK Gold
>>
>>85262829
I only watch 8 out of 10 cats because everything else is censored big black cock cancer
>>
>Uncle
S01 was meh
S02 was good
S03 was sjw-ish (I was not sure if they were poking fun at it or not, but the way the characters changed over the season I had to drop it).

>>85262578
Seasons 2&3 are good.
>>
>tfw I see a moronic post and I don't reply to it directly
>>
File: DCYmdwQWsAEnjUV.jpg (61KB, 640x852px) Image search: [Google]
DCYmdwQWsAEnjUV.jpg
61KB, 640x852px
>>85262849
>Vic Reeves Big Night Out

Can't wait for the one off special later in the year, especially as Matt Berry is involved.
>>
>>85262853
>the feeling when they finally make it
>>
>>85262849
>Spaced is fucking shit.

Well let's not start saying things we might regret.
>>
>>85259820
lold so hard my chest hurts
>>
>>85262954
this
>>
>>85262929
wait this is confirmed?
>>
>>85262578
Coupling was great. It was sold as the British equivalent to Friends but I think it's much better. The characters and writing are brilliant, Didn't run for long but not a bad episode in it. I wish Steven Moffat would go back to writing comedy.

>>85262567
You're an idiot. It's a depressing look at two old friends flat-sharing, both approaching middle-age without having really achieved anything. And their unsuccessful attempts at trying to get what they think they need to be happy (for Mark it's finding "the one", for Jez it's getting into the music industry), only for it all to fall flat on their face as they realise it's all futile and they will always be in this state. It's all masked with good comedy, good writing and the unique gimmick of it being a POV sitcom where you hear the characters' thoughts.
Someone was asking for "quintessential British comedy" and I think Peep Show might be a good contender. Like the other anon said, out of all the recent British sitcoms I think Peep Show will be remembered most in future generations.
>>
>>85262828
Fair enough. I'm glad to see you liked our television, and yes, British weather is that shit.
>>
>>85262434
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJnvG-cqDTw

Was the new season of The Trip any good?
>>
File: DDevu1QXUAARQ8c.jpg (123KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
DDevu1QXUAARQ8c.jpg
123KB, 1024x768px
>>85262979
Yep. Bob's tweeted out a few things, including that photo and pic related, it's been filmed already.
>>
>>85262689

Ah I've not watched panel shows in years. They all seemed to become really unwatchable, almost like comedic echo chambers, if that makes sense.
>>
>>85262853
>Red Dwarf
I'm a little bitter about Red Dwarf. Loved it when it first aired, but in recent years I tried to go back and rewatch and realized it had a laugh track... an OBNOXIOUS laugh track. One of those "once you hear it, you cannot unhear it" things. Now I find it completely unwatchable.
>>
>>85263077
I kind of feel the same way about it, but dem Ace Rimmer eps are pure gold.
>>
>>85262954
>>85262975
How can anyone have that opinion about Spaced? It's okay if it's not for you I guess, but he seemed really angry. The surrealism and references might not be for everyone, but those aren't even the best things about Spaced.

>>85262929
So happy with this. Some anon told me about it in a different thread but I had no idea Matt Berry was also gonna be involved. This will be great!
>>
>>85263054
Nice! Literally the only thing on British tv I can look forward to.
>>
>>85262929

Fucking dancer! I hadn't heard about that.
>>
>>85259607
No. 1, no doubt.
>>
Vic and Bob did Phoenix Nights both first and better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f5vKZEG8UY
>>
>>85263077
I'm pretty Red Dwarf has always been filmed in front of a live audience, apart from series VII I believe.
>>
>>85262728
I know there was an American movie called Fanboys which had that as the main premise but that came out in around 2010 or something.
>>
>>85263021
>British equivalent to Friends but I think it's much better
TBF that's not saying much. Friends was agonizingly bad for most of its run, in addition to being maybe the least-accurate portrayal of life in NYC ever on television (and THAT is saying a great deal).

>>85263044
>I'm glad to see you liked our television
To clarify, I liked your comedy television. Your reality tv might be even worse than ours. We did have a short-lived drinking game based around one of the dating shows that we called "Take a drink every time someone says 'snog'", but we had to stop after the first alcohol-related hospital visit.
>>
File: DAdBs36WAAEc_Uy.jpg (96KB, 1024x482px) Image search: [Google]
DAdBs36WAAEc_Uy.jpg
96KB, 1024x482px
>>85263164
>>85263170
>>85263172
>>
>>85263381
>Your reality tv might be even worse than ours.

Why are you even going near reality television?
>>
Inside no. 9 might be the best comedy currently on telly. I emplore you to watch it, it's extremely high quality television.

Reece Shearsmith and Steve Pemberton at the top of their game. It's dark comedy, but it's really good. Every episode has a completely different setting and a new ensemble cast (with quite a lot of big names in there actually), so it gets to do all kinds of different things. The line between humour and horror is so wonderfully realised in this show and I can't decide whether I come back for the comedy or the stories, settings and brutal twists.

It gets low ratings but the BBC thankfully keep recommissioning it. It might not be for everyone and it's certainly not mainstream, but I'm happy the BBC knows they've got gold on their hands and appreciate the quality of a programme over the quantity of its viewers.
>>
>>85259761
>>85259348
Don't insult my waifu, she was perfect, but then she got all anorexic later on. Her sister (in real life, she used to do cooking and travel shows) used to be ridiculously hot but it looks like they got on diet/drugs together.
>>
>>85262849

It was weird watching it when it originally aired on channel 4 and thinking "huh it's okay i guess", then a few years later finding out that Americans were jizzing over it
>>
>>85263429
i hear you've been recommending this show quie often. i'm inclined to check it out. how does it compare to league of gentlemen?
>>
>>85263381
>British equivalent to Friends but I think it's much better
Yeah, I worded that in that way to avoid bringing on any hate on me from Friends fans. Everybody seems to love that show but I completely agree with you. It's overrated, and I just never understood why it got so massively popular.
Coupling was an infinitely better show about a group of friends in their early-30's and their relationship/sexual exploits.
>>
>>85263381
my problem with british comedy shows (or any comedy shows i guess) is that the fucking laughing tracks ruin my viewing experience. that's why i can't get into the big comedy classics like seinfeld, frasier or black books and blackadder. some british comedies don't use laughing tracks like office, peep show, extras, and i can only enjoy those.
>>
File: DFE4dwDW0AQLzMe.jpg (232KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DFE4dwDW0AQLzMe.jpg
232KB, 1080x1080px
Vic is in Corrie.
>>
>>85263164
I don't like Spaced because it's Family Guy tier "Let's just chuck together a bunch of zany characters and name-check some pop culture references under the guise of a running narrative and hope it works."

It's for teenagers with bad taste or those who haven't yet seen The Young Ones.

>>85262975
I repeat, Spaced is fucking shit.

>>85262929
Wow, that's great, excited to see that. Matt Berry is a perfect addition too. (Although this GOAT scene already qualifies him as one of the best.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqDbb7-dn9A

>>85263454
I'm convinced the only reason Americans like it, is because all of the notoriously hard-to-digest dry British values that demand natural storytelling abilities are replaced with observational comedy that is as shallow as the average Rolling Stone magazine analysis yet has the exotic nature of still being foreign.
>>
>>85263701
Vic is embarrassingly unfunny in most situations. He is good alongside Bob, and that's all - and even then, in the later eps of Shooting Stars he was terrible.
>>
>>85263573
Coupling was great until Jeff left.
>>
>>85261108
Bluestone 42 was pretty fucking good.
>>
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xsidfr_lizzie-sarah_shortfilms

As if this isn't the #1 choice
>>
>>85263545
>i hear you've been recommending this show quie often.
That sounded oddly threatening. But yes, I recommend it each time I see a thread about comedy. Simply because I want more people to experience it. It's really one-of-a-kind, but it's truly magnificent. I can't recommend it enough.

It retains some vibes from The League of Gentlemen. It's still surreal and dark whilst also being funny. But somehow when Shearsmith and Pemberton do a project alone you get something more magical. Like I said, each episode is in a completely different setting and they seem to love playing around with that and putting dark comedy and horror in various places and situations, always ending with a huge twist that changes the entire episode for you.
If you like The League of Gentlemen, you'll like this.
>>
>>85263829
not that anon but you've swayed me, my evening's viewing is sorted, thanks
>>
>>85258893
Tyres was the best part.
>>
>>85263933
I just wish I could control these FUCKING MOOD SWINGS
>>
>>85263425
>Why are you even going near reality television?
Sorry, thought I mentioned. The weather in london was shit. Like, a lot. And I was there for months. There's a great deal to be said for killing time down at the pub, but a liver can only take so much abuse (I'm half irish, but I have strong suspicions it's not the half with the liver in it).

>>85263573
>I just never understood why it got so massively popular
I think at the time, the general snarkiness was kinda "fresh" and "new". I guess? That's the best I've got. Always found that gang more annoying than charming. And it's aged like milk.
>>
>>85263767
Thought he was pretty good in that sitcom he did with that geordie comedian who I can't remember the name of.
>>
>>85263767
Are you American?
I've found Vic's sort of restrained absurdism is hard for some to figure out, if he's just not your cup of tea I get it though.
>>
File: thickofit.jpg (141KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
thickofit.jpg
141KB, 1280x720px
The GOAT
>>
>>85263995
>Sorry, thought I mentioned. The weather in london was shit. Like, a lot. And I was there for months. There's a great deal to be said for killing time down at the pub, but a liver can only take so much abuse (I'm half irish, but I have strong suspicions it's not the half with the liver in it).

London is home to some of the best art galleries and museums in the world, which are free to enter, you uncultured plebeian.
>>
>>85263897
Great to hear anon. I kinda envy you for being able to watch it all for the first time. That said, I can keep re-watching it and I still love every episode.
>>
Peep Show, Thick of It and Brass Eye are the essentials.

Ignore any faggot memers who recommend you Black Books or IT crowd. They're both fucking atrocious.
>>
>>85264126
Hey, c'mon. I'm not a monster, of course I took in some culture. But we're talking about being in a place for months for work, not a week's vacation. And it wasn't my first time there, I'd already seen a lot of the high profile stuff like that Shit We Stole From Egypt exhibit.
>>
>>85263429

I've only caught two episodes of this by accident and liked them both. I'll need to check out the rest.
>>
File: stillgame-rwF1r2hswio1_500.jpg (40KB, 500x563px) Image search: [Google]
stillgame-rwF1r2hswio1_500.jpg
40KB, 500x563px
Not seen Still Game mentioned yet. That's kept consistently good.
>>
>>85262615
>>85263776
I'd completely forgotten that Jeff left! That was only for the last series right? I don't remember that one as much, probably because Jeff wasn't in it. Brave move to try and do another series without him in it.
Still, the first three series were great. I liked how they managed to have a cast of six characters who all intermingled with each other brilliantly.
>>
>>85263767
Actually I agree with this

Bob is naturally far funnier than Vic, as proven with his podcast that he doesn't do with Vic, but Vic is just not funny any more. A Vic Reeves podcast would be utterly appalling and we all know it
>>
>>85259889
Seen Stewart Lee live 3 times. I couldn't recommend watching his t.v. series comedy vehicle anymore. It's better when they drop the sketches so start from season two. It's bite sized pieces of his stand up with faux interviews inbetween.
>>
>>85264334
I was all over this, great telly. Heard they did another series or two recently after years of hiatus, but I haven't had the chance to watch them yet. Are they still as good?

>>85264274
I struggled with The IT Crowd at first, and that horrible laugh track. I dropped it and some months later picked it up from the second series and the difference in quality was almost palpable. The writing was much better, the characters were a lot more bearable, and the inclusion of Matt Berry was a great decision. If people haven't watched The IT Crowd before, I recommend they start at series 2 and just skip the first series.
>>
Has anybody seen Cardinal Burns?
I've literally seen nothing of it other than this clip, but the clip cracks me the fuck up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQqyZ-cOeo4
>>
>>85263767
>>85264460
I only really ever see them together. I've seen Bob on WILTY and he's amazing. Only time I've seen Vic alone I think was on Cats does Countdown, doing Dictionary Corner. I liked him in that though, got a definite Shooting Stars vibe from him.
Is there stuff Vic does on his own? I'd like to watch/listen to that and see if he's really that unfunny on his own.
>>
File: Papa Lazarou.jpg (15KB, 308x387px) Image search: [Google]
Papa Lazarou.jpg
15KB, 308x387px
OOHHHHHH YOU'RE MY WIFE NOW
>>
>ctrl+f
>no Teachers

What the fuck, guys?
>>
>>85264646
The circumference of my neck is 18 inches
>>
>>85258893
>Has anybody seen Cardinal Burns?
>I've literally seen nothing of it other than this clip, but the clip cracks me the fuck up
>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQqyZ-cOeo4

Also excellent live show
>>
>>85259821
Peep Show is beyond comedy. It's pure kino.
>>
>>85264867
EGREGIOUS AM I?

FOUL FUCKING MOUTHED?
>>
>>85264903
> that harmonica
Holy shit.
>>
File: crabtree.jpg (172KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
crabtree.jpg
172KB, 1600x900px
How has no one mentioned this yet?
>>
>>85259096

I think Fawlty Towers is the funniest sitcom ever created, and it's still funny 40 years later - the visit from the Germans is about as hard as I've ever laughed.

Absolutely Fabulous was funny in the 1990s, but not sure it would translate to people under 30 in The Current Year. If you thought the recent movie was funny, then you'll love the show.
>>
>>85264508
>Heard they did another series or two recently after years of hiatus, but I haven't had the chance to watch them yet. Are they still as good?

Yeah there was a new series last year. It was pretty good. I believe there's one later this year too.
>>
>>85263829
kek, i'm sorry if it sounded threatening. that wasn't my intention at all.
you definitely sold me on this show. thanks m8.
>>
>>85263021
>You're an idiot. It's a depressing look at two old friends flat-sharing, both approaching middle-age without having really achieved anything. And their unsuccessful attempts at trying to get what they think they need to be happy (for Mark it's finding "the one", for Jez it's getting into the music industry), only for it all to fall flat on their face as they realise it's all futile and they will always be in this state. It's all masked with good comedy, good writing and the unique gimmick of it being a POV sitcom where you hear the characters' thoughts.
Amazingly worded. Couldn't agree more. I remember when the final series aired and people wanted a happy ending for Mark and Jez, but I think the ending was perfect. Back on the couch and sofa, unhappy and disappointed, the realisation dawning on them that they will probably be like this forever.
>>
Dad's Army is a national treasure.
>>
Don't see these mentioned much:
One foot in the grave
Open all hours
Are you being served?
Dads Army
>>
>>85259908
that about sums it up desu
>>
>>85265269

The recent film was comfy
>>
>>85265301
I always confuse One Foot in the Grave with As Time Goes By for some reason. And it's unfair because One Foot in the Grave was hilarious and As Time Goes By just...wasn't. They acted like it was a sitcom but it was never funny. It was more like a very low-stakes drama.
>>
>>85265441
I'm antsy about watching that. I was surprised at the amazing cast and the likeliness to the original cast they managed to create. But I don't want it to be bad and possibly tarnish my memories of Dad's Army.
>>
>>85265180
Glad I was able to get you to watch it. You're in for a treat, anon.
>>
>>85259908
>Father Ted
>>
>Spaced
>Underrated

what fucking planet are you on
>>
>>85264903
I only saw the first series of Cardinal Burns (didn't know there was a second) but it was pretty good.
>>
>>85265566

It's actually alright. It's basically just the same as the originals. So if you liked that then you'll like the film.
>>
>>85265916
This will always take the biscuit:

https://youtu.be/jZDoYz773r4
>>
>>85258893
Yes Minister and Fawlty Towers are literally the only intelligent British comedies out there
>>
>>85264903
Just saw this recommended after the sketch and it's definitely worth watching:
https://youtu.be/KAHG2zxX_rE
>>
File: IMG_9112.jpg (591KB, 2835x1596px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9112.jpg
591KB, 2835x1596px
>>85265755
i'd like to return the favour and recommend you something as well.
Flowers, a black comedy with tragic elements. one of the best shows i've seen last year. one guy from the mighty boosh plays a depressed and suicidal author, his wife is olivia colman. it's the most 4chan comedy i've seen. the son is an autist, the daughter a NEET and there's an asian drawfag that keeps presenting some pereverted hentai pictures. very hilarious and feelsy show, i've really never seen anything like it.
i think you'll like it if you enjoy black humour like the league of gentlemen
>>
Desmond's deserves more love
>>
>>85260091
Underrated show. One of Julian Barratt's best roles.
Other massively overlooked shows;
Comic Strip Presents
The Thin Blue Line

Comic Strip Presents: Bad News/More Bad News is the British equivalent to This Is Spinal Tap and I'd say marginally better at the documentary spoof as well as being funnier. Tap's got the better original songs mind you.
>>
>>85261586
>AS IN...JEFF!?
>>
>>85266253
Flowers just basically proved all those people who said Julian was the more grounded of the two, were bullshitting. He's just as odd as Noel, it's just a more sombre kind of weirdness

Also what the fuck is up with these new captchas? Either those BS 'Until there's none less' ones, where you end up having to click ten squares, or 5 street sign captchas in a row.
>>
>>85266307
>le Jamaican guy
>>
>>85266511
>not loving all those black stereotypes
>>
File: smugzombie.jpg (154KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
smugzombie.jpg
154KB, 1920x1080px
>>85264118
>HE'S A FUCKING BALACLAVA
>>
>>85266573
Like what?
>>
>>85266766
>try-hard black guy trying to prove he can be educated
>first generation uncle who doesn't want to change his lifestyle
>nagging and strict black mother
>ignorant guy
>sister struggling with her identity

there's tonnes of stuff about black imigration mate
>>
>>85266253
I'd never heard of Flowers. It seems right up my alley going by your description. I'll definitely check it out, thanks!

>>85266501
>Also what the fuck is up with these new captchas? Either those BS 'Until there's none less' ones, where you end up having to click ten squares, or 5 street sign captchas in a row.
I was like you once, until a kind anon told me this:
>go to settings at the bottom of the screen
>click on Quotes and Replying (top choice)
>tick the box "Legacy CAPTCHA

There, now you just have to type out two simple words. Those clicking captchas were really getting out of hand recently. You had to do click on half of the tiles and do like five different ones in a row sometimes.
>>
>no mention of Royle Family
One of my favourite shows growing up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hawI12KB40M

Best sketch shows?
Fast Show
Harry and Friends/Paul
Armstrong & Miller
The Two Ronnies
Trigger Happy TV
Spitting Image
>>
>>85259607
Why is Benny so underrated?
>>
>>85266854
Might check it out actually. What was that one where the black man and white man are next door neighbours. Got away with some things I don't know.
>>
File: WE DONT LIKE IT WHEN YOU SCORE.jpg (206KB, 1045x585px) Image search: [Google]
WE DONT LIKE IT WHEN YOU SCORE.jpg
206KB, 1045x585px
Burninstoun
>>
>>85267223
Love Thy Neighbour
>>
>>85267029
Armstrong and Miller is one of my favourite sketch shows.

I got a bit tired of the WW2 pilots after a while, but their other recurring sketches were great.
Like when a sketch is just some kind of situation, all seems normal, no joke or punchline yet. Characters eventually leave the room
>Kill them.....

Also the one where Armstrong is in the attic, slowly preparing a watermelon for masturbation, then his wife calls to him from downstairs
>Bill! Bill! President Kennedy has just been shot! Where are you? What are you doing?
I just love that brilliant comedy spin on the whole "Do you remember where you were/what you were doing when you first heard (insert celebrity name) died?"

This is my favourite though. I know it's just a sketch about linguistic barriers but the way Armstrong slowly and increasingly starts losing his shit always makes me laugh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9Y25Q5q5QE
>>
>>85264502
I could watch faux interviews between Morris and Lee every day
>>
>>85267407
>I got a bit tired of the WW2 pilots after a while
The prosthetic leg one is still great though
>>
File: game-on-large-poster-950[1].jpg (162KB, 950x534px) Image search: [Google]
game-on-large-poster-950[1].jpg
162KB, 950x534px
>Ctrl+F
>0/0

plebs, the lot of you
also gimme gimme gimme
>>
>>85265969
I'd never heard of Cardinal Burns before but that sketch convinced me to check out the series.
>>
>>85267223
It used to be on London Live late night all the time. Worth checking out for comfy times
>>
>>85267407
You've just listed both of my absolute favourite sketches of theirs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nu1LPOt3vq0

>>85267595
Never knew Matt wasn't in the first series.
Samantha Janus though. ITV showed a load of old pantomimes over Christmas years ago and one had her as Cinderella. Cranked a couple out over that.
>>
>>85258893
>an amerifatso thinks British comedy is a 'genre'
Fuck me
>>
>>85259178
>As someone who was a teenager here in the UK when The Inbetweeners was running, I think it's the most hilarious and relatable teen comedy of all time.

I watched the series when they aired and it was 10ish, I understood the humour but they seemed like nonces. Then when I hit my teenage years I realised how scary the similarities were. The Inbetweeners is a blue print to British teenage life.
>>
>>85259607
My grandad met him and said he was an utter cunt
>>
>>85267813
>The Inbetweeners is a blue print to British teenage life
It's like people say, Skins is how everyone imagines their teenage years were, the Inbetweeners is how they actually were.
>>
>>85259570
>This video is blocked in your country on copyright grounds
>I live in the UK

Makes me think.
>>
>>85267280
ELEVEN!
>>
Do any Brits remember Jimmy Carr's commercial breakdown?
>>
File: whisky.gif (498KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
whisky.gif
498KB, 500x282px
>alt+f4
>no snuff box
>>
>>85267713
Great taste, anon. That car sketch was also brilliant.
I don't usually like recurring sketches and enjoy one-off sketches more, but Armstrong and Miller had some great recurring ones like the ones where Miller plays a suave, Bond-type character and everyone's enthralled by him. Then he turns his head, revealing a ponytail and everyone gets sick and disgusted.
Or the tv commercial thing where you see someone explain to the camera how their life went to shit after divorce/gambling/drug addiction/severe depression or whatever and then:
>And that's when I became a teacher!
>>
>>85267963
Commercial breakdown? You mean the tax evasion, or what are you talking about?
>>
Campus
How not to live your life
>>
File: 249692104_1280x720.jpg (119KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
249692104_1280x720.jpg
119KB, 1280x720px
>>85268171
https://youtu.be/X9loo68PH8I

Can't find full episodes online anywhere.

>Last rerun was aired 8 years ago on TV
>>
>>85268098
I was going to post the teachers one too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKL7Qem0k8U
One of my favourite recurring character sketches.
Paul Whitehouse doesn't get the credit he deserves these days.
>>
>>85268262
I must've missed that. Fuck me, Jimmy Carr presents everything these days, and in those days.

Was it any good? All that clip shows is funny commercials from foreign countries and then a quip from Jimmy.
>>
>>85268648
Use to watch it when I was 9ish, I enjoyed it. Used to watch it real late at night or record it and watch it early in the morning while eating cereal. Some used to creep me out, a lot were about sex etc
>>
>Ctrl-f
>Ideal
>0 results

get fucked
>>
>>85268824
I think I watched the first series of that. It wasn't bad but I never had the urge to watch the rest of it.
Skimming through wikipedia I see that it got 7 series though, that's almost unheard of. Does it get better each series or something? Worth watching if I thought S1 was "okay"?

Also:
>Guest Stars
>Sean Lock (as Natalie/Nathaniel, Brian's transgender partner)

Well this I have to see.
>>
File: goodguys.jpg (20KB, 555x352px) Image search: [Google]
goodguys.jpg
20KB, 555x352px
Operation Good Guys
>>
File: 14215146456583.jpg (71KB, 500x440px) Image search: [Google]
14215146456583.jpg
71KB, 500x440px
>>85264961
Did someone say "kino"?

Who is the best peep-fu and why is it Dobby?
>>
>>85269129
Dobby was great at first because she was the cute and dorky girl, and more importantly, actually obtainable for Mark.
But in later series she turns into a hipstery, "drugs in the weekends" type of girl. Final series she's a fucking live blogger or some shit.

She was best girl for a while, but now I'd rather go with Big Suze for her adorably posh ignorance of the world. Or Mark's sister.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (47KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
47KB, 1280x720px
>>85269322
>adorably posh ignorance of the world.
We call 'em chebs.
My mate's ex could've been the spitting image of her had she avoided getting fat. Real shame.
>>
>>85269032
It is very much worth watching, as the seasons progress it just gets more bizarre and hilarious
>>
>>85269322
>Or Mark's sister.
I thought I was the only one
>>
>>85260367
>Garth Merenghi's Darkplace

Yes, yes, yes! And check out the commentary tracks as well, they're all done in character.
>>
>>85267851
Well, Benny was right, although he could've been a bit less rude about it.
>>
File: the mighty boosh.jpg (55KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
the mighty boosh.jpg
55KB, 1366x768px
How the FUCK has The Mighty Boosh not been mentioned yet?
>>
>>85258893
Probably been said but Peep Show. Watch it now.
>>
>>85269570
Nah man, she's fit. And those huge eyes.

>>85269129
As for the other girls:
April's great. Basically like Dobby before she went to shit. Cute, nerdy, self-conscious. It's a shame she fell in the familiar trap of marrying a knobhead.
Nancy is a good contender for best girl even if she doesn't give much of a shit about Jez. Amazing body, into kinky stuff, peak physical condition.
Gail the lesbian restaurant manager was shit.
Elena on the other hand is beautiful but like so many of the girls ended up misleading Jez.
Zahra's just not that interesting or good-looking.
Toni, the neighbour from the first couple series was terrible. No idea why Mark and Jez had the hots for her.
Megan from the last series was a shit character, but Cariad Lloyd who plays her is kinda hot.

Have I missed anyone? I think there were some one-off girls, but no one that could hold the title of best girl.
Obviously Sophie is worst girl. By a long shot.
>>
>>85259570
>Finding the Inbetweeners in any way relatable
You must have had some shitty friends growing up.
>>
>>85269847
It really is amazing, one of my all-time favourites that I can keep watching again and again.
I already mentioned the documentary here >>85260729
I assume that's what you're referring to with commentary tracks? Or am I missing something? Please tell me there's more stuff out there I haven't seen or heard.
>>
>>85261503
>Only Fools and Horses
Trash slapstick tier 'humour' at best
>>
>229 posts
>ctrl-f "Smoking Room"
>no hits

You had one job, /tv/.
>>
>>85261503
>Only fools and horses

He fell...
>>
>>85270164

they do audio commentary tracks over all of the episodes, in character

available on the dvds, but also somewhere somewhere out there in torrent country
>>
Bruiser had it's moments
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0EAz9Wv4uc
>>
Leaf here
I enjoy Monty Python, IT Crowd, Red Dwarf, and Little Britain.
Does Episodes count as british or american?
Tried getting into Black Books, but it's not very funny.
And no, I'm not leddit
>>
>>85270110
There were basically four of us, we weren't particularly popular and we hung out at each other's houses when parents were away and got drunk, tried to get alcohol while underage, went camping once, had a terrible time trying to get off with girls etc. A lot of the stuff the characters go through is stuff many teenage boys go through.

Sounds to me more like you didn't have any good friends if you never did that kinda stuff as a teenager together with your mates.

Obviously my friends weren't copy-paste examples of the characters in The Inbetweeners, but they are relatable. When you were a teenage boy growing up, you all knew a Jay type character who would always lie about cool shit he did, girls he fucked etc, and you all knew that it was all bullshit he made up to hide his insecurities. You all knew a Neil type character who was thick as shit. You all knew someone who's sister or mother was hot.
>>
>>85270616
also, Fawlty Towers, of course, but that usually goes hand in hand with Monty Python
>>
>>85270500
Fuck me mate, I never knew. Thanks so much! I'm off to "buy a DVD".
>>
>>85270015
Shouldn't you be in bed?
>>
>>85270616
You like Little Britain but couldn't get into Black Books? Poor taste anon. The rest is good though.

Episodes is a weird one because it's British/American. Over here it was seen as a British sitcom with Matt LeBlanc in it, but I heard that in the US it was marketed as "Joey/Matt LeBlanc's new comedy show!"
Also I really liked it. Enjoyed the juxtaposition of UK and US culture. Two British writers suddenly living in Hollywood and having to deal with how things are run in that industry. I watched the first three series I think, but apparently it's still going. Might catch up to it, it's pretty funny.
>>
>>85270637
It just struck me as odd that anyone would find it nostalgic in relation to their teenage life. It's just so gritty to me, like, my friends and I (same ones I had all throughout hs) wouldn't treat each other quite as shittily as the Inbetweeners do. It's like they're not even friends half the time, smashing plates in each other's hpuses, hiliating each other in really under the belt ways, shiwimg little concern for each other, etc etc. Plus things like basically everyone in school being a cunt (? Wtf??), speaking to your parents like shit being portrayed as normal (???), etc.
>>
>>85270878
>>85270878
Sorry for horrendous typos, phoneposter here without auto-c.
>>
>>85270873
Well I did watch most of BB on netflix last year, but one day I just stopped for some reason. I may finish it some day. I did laugh some times. Any recs? These are shows I knew of because they aired on TV here (MP, FT, LB, ITC), or I found them on netflix (Episodes, BB).
>>
>>85262829
When some unknown guy mentioned covfefe and the audience cheered and laughed just cause he mentioned it, I knew that show really went downhill
>>
>>85270878
>>85270987
Well yeah, that's the one part I didn't completely relate to. My friends weren't dicks to each other in the way The Inbetweeners often are. There was always some banter of course, but nothing as bad as in the show.

But how can you watch The Inbetweeners and not relate to the mishaps of growing up? Going clubbing for the first time, trying it on with girls, trying to buy alcohol, house parties, all that stuff.
>>
>>85271096
>I knew that show really went downhill
It took you a while. It's been shit for years now. There were some okay episodes even after Frankie Boyle left, but the last 4 series or so have been shit.
The people they get on these days are completely unknown. Mock the Week's become a joke. No decent comedian would even want to be associated with it these days.
>>
Shows I really enjoy are:
Still Game
Little Britain
Fawlty Towers
Monty Python
Alan Partridge
The Inbetweeners
The Thick Of It
Limmy's Show!
Also Father Ted even though that's Irish
>>
>>85271290
Well, only towards the end of my teenage years (around 18?) did I start going to parties. I was never big on stuff like alcohol and, without devolving this too much into lgbt territory, I'm in the closet, which impacts your social life more than you'd imagine (e.g. Your surprising disinterest in girls when literally everyone thinks you're straight, the way this affects your banter/interactions, etc). Being pretty anti-social, I only had/have a few very close friends and outside if parties and such, never interacted much with others.
>>
>>85270065
what about the girl who raped Mark (Jez's stepsis I think)?
>>
>>85270637
Also, watched HIGNFY a few years ago on youtube, and I like that show, especially the Angus era, and the Boris Johnson and Brian Blessed episodes. There are so many episodes, are there any that are as funny as the BJ episodes?
>>
>>85271474
meant to quote my first post
>>85270616
>>
>>85271382
Totally agree. It's been a long while since I've watched it but when I got back to it, the more recent episodes just weren't funny at all. That and the fact that Stephen Fry left QI put me off panel shows forever.
>>
>>85269847
>>85270500
I'm having some serious trouble finding those audio commentaries for Darkplace anywhere online. Don't suppose a passing anon has a link? Or a nudge in the right direction?
>>
>>85271645
You'd be surprised how naturally Toksvig took over. QI feels like the same old show.
>>
>>85258941
fpbp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RedqjMy62HQ
>>
>>85271474
Not that guy but my favourite HIGNFY episode is the one hosted by Shatner

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xsvaeo
>>
Oh my god,I've got some fucking jaffa cakes in my coat pocket
>>
File: CS8759528[3].jpg (36KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
CS8759528[3].jpg
36KB, 615x409px
>>85259546
>Shooting Stars
Vic & Bob are both pure legends, and all their own shows and appearances on panel shows are gold. Shooting stars is probably my favourite, but The Smell of Reeves & Mortimer is a close second.
>>
>>85261108
The last BBC-produced original comedy programme that I'm aware of and that's actually funny and not at all political is the 2008-2014 radio sitcom Cabin Pressure, starring the Beneficial Cucumber.

https://soundcloud.com/larkofthesky/cabin-pressure-s01-e01-abu-dhabi
>>
>>85272584
dude on the right looks like Kevin Spacey and Martin Freeman's love child
>>
>>85272584
We have to start a petition or something to bring Shooting Stars back, it was a crime against comedy, cancelling that show.
Hopefully with that huge tour they're on and that TV special we're getting later in the year, Vic and Bob's popularity will get another nice boost and the BBC might start considering giving them back Shooting Stars, or at least some other show to do together on telly.
>>
>>85272710
People just do nothing is pretty good and non political
>>
>>85272584
>That feeling when you were watching TV at Christmas as a tiny kid and this comes on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOONa89DDvU

The songs at the start are honestly my earliest memory.
>>
This is the epitome of british comedy

https://youtu.be/NRoNDRXlbdo
>>
>>85267280
The opening sketch of the first episode is perfect.

https://youtu.be/6cOeuSfif1o
>>
>>85267522
I was sad when Morris left but however the fuck you spell his name was just as good if not better
>>
>>85272009
demonoid files/details/575866/

not sure how well it's seeded

>>85270508
wew
>>
>>85272710
My fucking man. Cabin Pressure is one the best sitcoms ever written and I'm a huge fan. But I never see anyone discussing it.

The characters are great, the writing is out of this world, and the voice actors are amazing at their job. Seriously, I can't think of any other sitcom that is so consistent in being hilarious. And the plots are so masterfully woven from beginning to end, no piece of dialogue unnecessary, it all fits perfectly together. The guy that wrote it, John Finnemore, should be so much more famous than he is.
I does other stuff for radio as well and it's all good, but if this man started writing for tv he would rake in the money. One of the most talented comedy writers I've discovered in recent years.
>>
>>85262836
>>That Mitchell and Webb Look
You should check out the radio series it was based on, That Mitchell and Webb Sound

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_KlckKFFc0
>>
>>85272904
leaf here. I need subtitles for this shit. Can't understand a word they're saying
>>
Why does no one mention that peter kay thing
>>
>>85263314
Bang Bang is a very underrated show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Csrx6cKslNc
>>
>>85272971
Mate, that's amazing, thanks a million. Now I get to rewatch Darkplace for the 12th time, but now with audio commentary I never even knew existed.
>>
File: Best.jpg (22KB, 226x320px) Image search: [Google]
Best.jpg
22KB, 226x320px
>ctrl-F Thick of It
>6 results

my niggas
>>
>>85264118
Not even the GOAT government sitcom, both Men From The Ministry and Yes, Minister are better, though I doubt you'd agree if you like that. MftM is a must-hear for any Carry On / farce fans though.
>>
>>85264546
That was a really good parody, not hugely funny but very accurate asside from the fake O'Brien looking more like Tudor. There are 2 episodes with seeds, so I'd guess nobody has seen it, but I'll be checking them out because I love The Crystal Maze.
>>
>>85272971
>>85273163
That said, it does appear to have 0 seeds and isn't downloading at all. Ah well, thanks anyway. Might as well just buy the DVD, it's like a fiver.
>>
>>85273449
I'm not from the UK so I never grew up watching The Crystal Maze but I've heard it mentioned. Isn't that more like a children's tv show where they solve puzzles and complete tasks rather than a comedy?
>>
>>85273469
Yeah, it was an old torrent.
If it's that cheap you might as well.
I always wanted a copy of this show, but they never released a Region 1 version. Oh well.
>>
The armado ianucci show. This thread is full of fucking plebs.
>>
>>85273688
Don't suppose you have a different link I could try anyway?

>>85273713
This guy speaks the truth. Very underrated and brilliant sketch show.
>>
>>85273517
It's a game show where they do challenges and if they win they get a holiday or something like that, it's very high budget and suitable for the whole family, mostly the contestants were adults but there were a couple of specials with teenagers/kids.

And I'm just saying that while it was an accurate recreation of The Crystal Maze, I take it this is a comedy show, and other than the initial joke of "The Post Office has a The Crystal Maze in the basement", there's no real comedy in it, just a very accurate recreation of the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrDUdOgpNsI
>>
>>85273777
thepiratebay

torrent/4692361/Garth_Marenghi_s_Darkplace_-_DVD_rip_-_XviD_-_with_extras

>I've included all extras
The description doesn't mention it, but I guess it's worth a shot.
>>
>>85261239
>Thornton's standing still doing nothing one shot
>Firing a shotgun the next

Darkplace is pure genius.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO-ZGP68-3w
>>
>>85274086
>"In a lot of ways she was like a candle in the wind."
>"Unreliable."
>>
>>85273955
I just downloaded it and it doesn't have commentary.
sry brah
>>
>>85260091
I watched this show at age 22 and again at age 25, and it's sad how much more I relate to Dan Ashcroft. Great show
>>
>>85274138
Hi, I've come to apply for the doctor's job. I can assure you my credentials are top-notch, I've just graduated from Harvard College Yale. I aced every semester, and I got an 'A'.
>>
>>85273955
>>85274158
Yeah, I already tried that one. Thanks anyway.
I might scour the net a bit more before I give in though, it's got to be out there somewhere
>>
>>85267595
Game On has aged surprisingly well.
>>
Garth Merenghi's Darkplace is a gift to the world.
>>
>>85272895
PEANUTS
>>
>>85274392
I found a few NZB's that had it, but no torrents.

Hope you find it anon.
>>
I guess I can add How Not to Live Your Life and Scrotal Recall.
Thread posts: 293
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.