[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Casting DOOM

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: TaD.jpg (503KB, 1160x669px) Image search: [Google]
TaD.jpg
503KB, 1160x669px
With these pretty unexpected news dropping today, what say we have a good ol'fashioned casting thread? I'll go left field and say... Toby Stephens. Watch Black Sails to see what I'm talking about.

>inb4 /co/
/co/ kicked me out.
>>
File: 4136.jpg (49KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
4136.jpg
49KB, 300x300px
>>85253988
There's only one man who could play the Doom Guy, the one and only Casper Van Dien
>>
>>85253988
he is a gypsy so it must be someone from that background
>>
>>85254082
*half gypsy. Werner is most probably a native Latverian. Besides, any Balkan-Looking actor can pass for a normal gypsy. The ones stealing kids and selling their organs don't deserve representation. Not to mention Doom was always drawn as a handsome white dude. Just find an ethnic/Med-Looking guy.
>>
>>85253988
>Toby Stephens
Nope. Not aristocratic enough

If we are going for gypsies, then it will be Ricardo Quaresma

The best choice would be, unironnically, the guy who played Roose Bolton on GOT

Another good choice, for us to see Doom's human side, would be Colin Firth
>>
>>85254988
>Ricardo Quaresma
Can the man even act? I'm all for accuracy and all, but there are white/Med-looking Roma folks. There's no need to go with the trailer trash. Besides, Doom was always drawn as a handsome white guy.

As for the rest, Firth doesn't have the gravitas for it. I love him, but Doom he ain't. Stephens has both the aristocratic elegance, and can play the gruff guy. Plus, he has a pretty deep voice.

Stannis would be good, all things considered. Joaquin Phoenix as well.I'm mostly opposed to Mads though. The man is from the Scandinavian countries. Doom needs a white-looking Med with a Balkan face.
>>
>>85255190
>Can the man even act?
In the pitch he can, but I was kidding

Stephens is too rough for Doom. If you want someone with true aristocratic elegance, deep voice and looking like Toby stephens, but more sophisticated, go for Iain Glen

Anyway, I would go for Firth. He can get the gravitas necessary. Phoenix is a meme, and Stannis would be too distant from humanity, even more than Doom
>>
>>85255325
>Iain Glen
I can see it with a hair dye and some contacts. Doom is one of the few characters with brown eyes and hair. Problem is, he's whiter than bread,and folks are gonna cause a ruckus. But eh, I doubt they'll be that many. They could even mix the Ultimate & 616 origins and justify it.

As for Doom, it depends on the time. When he was young he was a pretty-boy. After the mask thing, we've never really seen him.He's been depicted with ashaved head full of scars or his normal face with just a small little scratch.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.