[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

American Gods

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0290.jpg (642KB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0290.jpg
642KB, 1200x1800px
Did people actually enjoy this?
>>
>>85250631
It was half fine wine, half spoiled milk. Wasting 3 out of 8 episodes on the dead bitch and the bullshit Anansi intro to ep 2 were awful decisions.
>>
>>85250676
They're only bad episodes if you don't really enjoy the show/book.The show is about mythology. Mythology at it's heart is compilations of stories that can be wildly unrelated but their subtext serve the greater narrative. Dedicating long scenes or even full episodes to short stories is what the show is. It gives the show a mythological and religious undertone. Saying their awful decisions is like saying the entire show is awful. It proves that you only watch for normie shit like McShane talking.

As for the Laura episode it was a perfect justification for her character as well as setting up an interesting character. Finding her insufferable is the point but any normal person would also have empathy for her. She was clearly depressed during life and believed in nothing, and after death she has started to believe in something and has found some meaning in life(death). Hating episodes of a show because you find someone annoying is retarded.
Just stop watching or stop claiming you enjoy shows that are well written when you only enjoy the normie parts.
>>
>>85250964
I don't mind episodes being dedicated to short stories. I mind episodes being dedicated to a shitty character. Bilquis scenes, the gay Ifrit, the old lady being taken by Jaquel etc. were all fine parts of the show that enhanced it. Hell, the first Laura episode was also pretty good.
>>
I'm glad it wasn't Sandman, let's leave it at that
>>
You know there would be a 4 chan god and reddit god. Probably a pepe god as well.
>>
>>85250676
the only bad laura episode was the one where they went back to ye ol' emerald isles. the anansi intro in episode 2 was more of an introduction, because he's a somewhat important minor character, and having him just show up in episode 8 as he did would be out of place. they kind of have to do a slow roll as they introduce characters and plot points.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.