[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the moral of the story in Taxi Driver?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: taxi driver.jpg (176KB, 630x1200px) Image search: [Google]
taxi driver.jpg
176KB, 630x1200px
What was the moral of the story in Taxi Driver?
>>
Pimpin' ain't easy, but somebody got to do it.
>>
>>85248234
Don't be autistic.
>>
>>85248234
travis is a cowboy and the taxi is his horse. that's the key to everything
>>
>>85248270
unironically this
>>
Travis is secretly racist
>>
>>85248347
How someone can be secretly racist?
>>
>>85248270
That makes sense. While watching I was seeing a lot of resemblance in him to the autismos of this modern era.
>>
>>85248436
They don't tell anyone I guess. He didn't seem that racist though.
>>
>>85248234
Don't be a cunt just because everyone around you is a cunt. There's always a chance to do good in the world
>>
DUDE TAXIS LMAOOOO
>>
I think we are supposed to regard Travis as not a role model. But this fails, he is a great guy
>>
>>85249385
that's a retarded morale though and will only get you pushed over or killed.
If everyone around you is a cunt you should tripple down being a cunt and destroy their cuntiness until they are no cunts anymore.
>>
911 was an inside job
the movie was redpilled as fuck
>>
>there has to be a moral/underlying 'message' in a piece of art
>art is about figuring out 'the point' and 'getting it', like a puzzle
These are Reddit mentalities that you should rid yourself of
>>
>>85249439
Travis almost did exactly with Palantine. He thought for sure he would die, but he decided that he'd rather go out saving a kid from the shitty world than showing NYC that some people will stand up and fight back against the current flow of society.
>>
>>85249516
I didn't say either of those things.
>>
>>85248347
>Travis is secretly racist
"Secretly"? What's secret about it? He does that whole monologue when the candidate and campaign manager are in his car that basically reveals him to be the primordial manifestation of /pol.
>>
>>85248234
When losing your mind, try to do some good. It just might work in your favour.
>>
Loneliness and alienation can fuck up a man pretty hard.
>>
Havent watched in a while, but I think at the end he is driving the taxi and looks in the rearview mirror then a sharp not plays. Is that supposed to signal that he died after rescuing the girl? A dream sequence doesn't sit quite right with test rest of the film. Still great even if.
>>
>>85250007
He's alive at the end of the film. According to some commentary track, the sharp note is meant to show that Travis is capable of doing this kind of thing again
>>
>>85249816
Why didn't he just move out of the city and find a place with people he could better relate to?
>>
>>85250128
Thanks for the reply man even though my question was riddled with errors. God I hate phoneposting.
>>
Travis developed delusions of self righteousness because he was shunned by a degenerate society. He thought he cound find purpose with people like betsy or the poltitian but found out they would just shun him out just as hard.

Stopping the store robery is the start of his thinking 'im special, i can do the things no one else can' then he fixates himself on someone who he thinks is worth saving. Jodie fosters character. Someone who only listens to him because she is naive and travis doesnt treat her like total shit.

The moral is that people will do whatever they need to feel some sort of self worth and validation in the world. No matter how crazy fucked up and lonely you get you still care how everyone else perceives you. That you are important.
>>
>>85248234
Why the credits on that poster so weird? Some of them are boxed, others list the character the actor is playing and then Cybill Shepherd's name is fucking huge and bold. Who decides how to format that shit? Is it all contractual?
>>
>>85250591
I don't think he cared so much about how others perceived him. Otherwise he wouldn't have attempted to kill himself. He wouldn't have been perceived as a hero if he ended up dead by his own hand.
>>
>>85250591
>Stopping the store robery is the start of his thinking 'im special, i can do the things no one else can' then he fixates himself on someone who he thinks is worth saving. Jodie fosters character. Someone who only listens to him because she is naive and travis doesnt treat her like total shit.
Basically this. Taxi Driver is a thinly-disguised capeshit origin story.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.