[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I saw this last night. It is amazing movie but still not his

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 5

File: andrei-rublyov.15176.jpg (466KB, 1600x2400px) Image search: [Google]
andrei-rublyov.15176.jpg
466KB, 1600x2400px
I saw this last night.
It is amazing movie but still not his best work.
You can see the ideas in it carried in his other works especially in Solaris nature scenes.
I love Tarkovsky.
>>
>>85242003
While everyone claiming the story is based based on this icon painters life once can see it is nothing short of internal pain of Tarkovsky just flooding the screen,this was his way of saying he was just as lost as that kid when who got to actually make a movie with big budget.
>>
>>85242220
It takes balls of steel to actually make this scene,going against animal protection people and against his symbolism of horse being the beacon of live throughout his own cinematography.
>>
>>85242426
It still represents life while its being terrorized and injured.
>>
>>85242426
>tarko
>symbolism
u wot now
>>
>>85242476
he loves his hoses what can I tell you

>>85242473
probably,I just laughed in disbelieve when I saw the scene.
>>
>>85242003
>especially in solaris nature scenes
??
all of his movies involve slow scanning of scenes dubbed with philosophical questions, i need to rewatch his movies but i remember ivan's childhood and the mirror the most. I liked Ivan's childhood a lot because although it used many conventions it was also quite intense and is more culturally relevant with some of the brutalities of war and children. the ending is also one of my faves,

dismal the way ivan and his sister are gleefully playing and running, as the camera follows with his sister falling behind. Showing why he survived so long and she didn't with the dreadful music playing
the mirror is more memorable for the techniques involved. Pure stream of consciousness seamlessly transferred to film, although a bit cryptic
iirc tarkovsky was a huge fan of bresson, and sought to emulate him in some ways, without any strict intentions of imbued sense. It's mostly about feeling rather than thinking, despite tarkovsky's convoluted dialogues. He is basically a complete opposite of the calculable, cerebral kubrick

both are overrated imo
>>
File: 6.png (2MB, 1920x808px) Image search: [Google]
6.png
2MB, 1920x808px
>>85242836
These nature scenes,picture is from Solaris and he had at least two of the same in Andrei Rublev,philosophical conversations are just the apex and carrier of as the anime lovers would say "main ark".

As for your opinions they are just that,yours.
>>
I thought it was painfully boring and without substance, garbage that urbanites eat up because they have no life experiences outside of synthetic culture.
>>
>>85244397
you are probably retarded but dont worry its fine
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.