[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Saigon... shit. I'm still only in Saigon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

Saigon... shit. I'm still only in Saigon
>>
You see Willard... things can get... confused out there
>>
File: no hard feelings.png (2MB, 1812x817px) Image search: [Google]
no hard feelings.png
2MB, 1812x817px
what was this guy's problem?
>>
>>85240971
Apocalypse Now is unironically my favorite film of all time, am I a pleb?
>>
>>85241314
absolutely not, AN is a time-tested classic that's almost flawless
>>
>>85240971
I thought this was a days of future past thread when I clicked on it desu senpai
>>
Charlie don't surf!
>>
>>85241314

No. Just because plebs pretend to like Taxi Driver and Apocalypse Now, it doesn't mean they are bad films. But that's only the case if you're the kind of person who legitimately values such a film and pays attention when watching it, who actually gets engaged in it and thinks about it while watching it, instead of spending half the runtime staring at your fucking phone looking at tumblr and unfunny facebook meme compilations.
>>
>>85242054
I love it so much I wish I was born in time to experience Vietnam
>>
Does the french bit add anything? I'm pretty sure I'll fast forward through it if I watch it again.
>>
>>85242386
no, always watch the theatrical
>>
What happened to the dog, lads?
>>
Never get off the boat...
>>
>>85242498
He swam away
>>
File: 1499828583072.png (66KB, 523x346px) Image search: [Google]
1499828583072.png
66KB, 523x346px
>>85242267
>I wish I was born in time to experience Vietnam
>>
THIS IS THE END
>>
>>85240971
Hey, i cant believe! im still in saigon!
https://youtu.be/WpSGF7Y-K3c?t=7000
>>
During my time in the Vietnam war I saw women get raped and my best friend get shot beside me and eaten by myself. I took heroin by the adam’s apple and was sexually assaulted by a band of gorillas. Every day I woke up in a trench with a needle in my throat and a gorilla up my ass each day I shot the head off a filthy communist jew I hope they burn in whichever religion they come from. Praise Satan. Everyday I watch reynads stream I had served 97% of my military time and I knew I was going to die soon. Then I saw it. The code TEMPO and the side of his screen. I used it to get 3% off my time in Vietnam and was shipped back to Reynad's basement where I was safe and the only thing up my ass was Reynad's buttplugs. I knew I was happy now I have PTSD and terminal diabetes cancer I know that I have I have pleased the immortal lord Reynad, and thats all that matters...
>>
>>85241263

Just give him some fuel.
>>
I actually prefer the redux version. I am the only one
>>
>>85242498
They or the gooks probably ate it. No joke
>>
>>85242386
>>85242443

I think the french part is my favorite part of the movie, together with the whole boat ride/exposition on kurtz

French part showed us that the US were very cocky going into the war, and ignored advice the french had to offer. It also shows that vietcongs got efficient in fighting western armies long before the americans came.

It slows down the movie a bit. But, by god do I love it.
>>
This is the end, beautiful friend...
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmqFePmpKNA
>>
>>85243012
no, there is no reason to watch the theatrical version when redux exists

>inb4 b-b-but it b-becomes to long
go back to watching capeshit if you seriously think this
>>
File: alright son let it rip.jpg (104KB, 1280x724px) Image search: [Google]
alright son let it rip.jpg
104KB, 1280x724px
>>
File: downey wide eyes.gif (167KB, 279x240px) Image search: [Google]
downey wide eyes.gif
167KB, 279x240px
>>85242267
>I wish I was born in time to experience Vietnam
>>
>>85242386
I like the French part for how it almost feels like they're in a place haunted by ghosts and for the historical themes it has but you can skip it. It's almost better if seen on its own. But it's def not as terrible as a lot of other things in Redux.
>>
>>85242267

you would have shit your pants you fucking little bitch
>>
How's the book?
>>
>>85243586
Much, much better
The only good scenes in the movie are the ones ripped straight from the book
>>
>>85243664

One more question: any difference between UK and US publishing of the book?
>>
File: nice shot Bill.jpg (83KB, 1280x645px) Image search: [Google]
nice shot Bill.jpg
83KB, 1280x645px
>>
>>85240971
I was about to watch the movie for the first time when I saw this thread.
I have Redux with me, should I watch it or the theatrical cut?
>>
>>85242917
D-did you b-b-become legendary?
>>
>>85244075

Both.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.