[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yeah I'm Mad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: Dunkirk.jpg (246KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Dunkirk.jpg
246KB, 1500x1500px
I love Nolan. 4 of my top 10 films of all time are Nolan films, so when I went to the theater for an opening night showing for Dunkirk yeah I had high expectations. After seeing the RT score I thought for sure this would be kino

The film is literally British Propaganda

Every single character is British. Literally the only person who's not British is a French boy who steals the dog-tag from a dead Englishman to get on a boat. Yes that's right, the army holding the line against the Wehrmacht so that the British army can form neat queues in the sand is given barely a passing mention. Of course thats all assuming you could count anyone in this movie as a "character" at all. Not a single one has any more depth than a single defining characteristic. There's patriotic guy, PTSD guy, ace pilot guy, posh officer guy, French coward guy, and of course bland audience self-insert guy. One note characters can be made to work if they're acted well and given interesting situations to work with but there just aren't any.

I actually look back worse on Nolan's other films knowing that he's a big enough hack to crap out something like this. I should have listened /tv/. I should have listened
>>
>Every single character is British.

It's a film about British soldiers in WWII, you fucking stupid person.

>fucking stupid people will be the death of us all
>>
>>85239369

You're mad that a movie about the evacuation of the British army was about the British army?
>>
File: _1.png (229KB, 734x1110px) Image search: [Google]
_1.png
229KB, 734x1110px
What did you expect?
>>
>>85239369
>Jamal is mad because his ancestors never made an actual contribution to the world

The truth hurts
>>
>>85239369
So, it is the same storyline, or is it actually different stories?

Is a motorboat as fast as a spitfire?
>>
This is bait to make people who wan't to believe its real hate people who feel this way even more. Don't be an idiot.
>>
>>85239369
>the army holding the line against the Wehrmacht so that the British army can form neat queues in the sand

Guess that had to do it somewhere, lord knows they weren't doing it in the Ardennes.
>>
>>85239369
>4 of my top 10 films of all time are Nolan films
opinion discarded, Dunkirk is the only worthwhile film Nolan has made.
>>
>>85241965
Different stories that take place over different timespans.
>>
>>85242040
i just watched it. its 7/10 pretty average.
>>
>>85239369
>4 of my top 10 films of all time are Nolan films
>dismisses Dunkirk as propaganga
You have to go back
>>
>>85239369
Your literally the type of moron that I'd here saying the movie wasn't diverse enough
>>
Das some nice bait mane.
>>
I'm seeing the IMAX 15/70mm later. What am I in for?
>>
>>85244477
Dubs, with some trips on the side
>>
>>85244477
You're in for the best cinema experience of recent times, maybe even ever.
>>
>>85244477
a decent movie you won't even remember next week
>>
>>85245909
I'm pretty sure /tv/ will talk about this film for years and years.
Interstellar was released 3 years ago and we still have daily Interstellar threads, and that film was not even that good.
>>
File: 2341.jpg (38KB, 500x375px)
2341.jpg
38KB, 500x375px
You literally see the french army holding off the germans in the first five minutes.

You literally see the british officer guy berating the fact that no french people are being rescued.

You literally see british soldiers refusing access to french soldiers.

You literally see a french kid saving a whole ship full of british soldiers.
>>
>>85239369
>I love Nolan. 4 of my top 10 films of all time are Nolan films

This is obviously bait. And terrible bait at that.
>>
How dumb is /tv/ that they would fall for this bait.
>>
>>85239369

How strong is american cringe in this one?

Is it watchable for average euro?
>>
>>85247035
What? It's a british production with a full white brit cast and a british director, zero americans in it.
>>
>>85239369
Literally his best film.
>>
File: 1469661407153.png (1MB, 1022x574px) Image search: [Google]
1469661407153.png
1MB, 1022x574px
The pacing and development of the events in the movie were all over the place. Made it feel like some sort of avant garde student film.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.