[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this so good compared to every other Marvel movie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

Why is this so good compared to every other Marvel movie?
>>
>>85236678
Because it isn't sterilized like the rest of the franchise
>>
It had muslim terrorists, and therefore had a semblance of reality. Marvel would NEVER do that again.
>>
They were actually trying. Although it's not that great, the 3rd act is really weak.
>>
It didn't have to adhere to the current formula.
>>
>>85236678

Disney didn't make it
>>
I HATE Iron Man with every shred of feeling in my soul
>>
>>85236678
It was different from most other superhero movies we had. Aside from the first two spiderman movies--which have a different feel themselves--superhero movies were pretty bad. This one made people take a second look.
>>
>>85236678
Because it was made before liking superhero movies became a thing, you see the whole "gamer nerd" shit was getting bigger and sadly the popularity of the first iron man made the execs think "hey wait a minute....what if we combine the dorks that go to the movies with comic book and gaming dorks? THATS SO MUCH MORE MONEY AHAHAHHAHAH"

And thats how we got here, dont worry soon the whole capeshit will die its just the nature of things.
>>
It's gotten old enough that /tv/ is allowed to enjoy it again.
>>
>>85236678
It focused on being a functional movie that stands on its own, not a cross-promotional tool for the rest of the "cinematic universe". I shouldn't have to watch 15 Avengers movies for Spider-Man's narrative to wok.
>>
the idea wasnt tired yet...also the whole cinemática universe was just a pipe dream in that time
>>
>>85236678

It was before the Marvel "Cinematic Universe" became a thing. After iron man 1 proved successful, each following film they made became less and less about making an entertaining movie, and setting up a universe so they could rack in as much money as possible.
>>
It isn't
You're just an adult child parroting things from other adult children who know nothing about film beyond a surface level upvote groupthink ideal
>>
>>85236678
It doesn't make everything pretty
>>
>>85236678
The entire prisoner sequence would NEVER been done had it been made today. It would have had quips on quips just to make sure it never got too dark
>>
File: ironman_vs_ironmonger.jpg (38KB, 450x278px) Image search: [Google]
ironman_vs_ironmonger.jpg
38KB, 450x278px
>>85236678
because it ripped off the cool action scenes from Robocop 1 and 2. The others seem to be "original"
>>
>>85236678
Because after Avengers success Feige got a mandate built into every movie to make it like that, just make Whedon's quirky ''''''''humour'''''' the main component, and as we can see after 20 movies they are pretty much became a parody.
>>
they shot without a complete script and Favreau would workshop scenes with the actors, which meant you got to see guys like RDJ and Jeff Bridges just riff with each other and say one-liners, which is the real appeal of the movie. it has such a unique laid-back tone for a superhero action blockbuster.

later Marvel productions would be more like TV writers' rooms with Kevin Feige as showrunner. they got it down to a formula, which took away any spark the first Iron Man had, and the humor became pandering and forced.

worth noting Marvel Studios was still at Paramount back then too
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.