[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come Wonder Woman did so well in the US, but had a pretty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot_1.jpg (36KB, 348x414px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.jpg
36KB, 348x414px
How come Wonder Woman did so well in the US, but had a pretty average box office internationally (for a superhero movie)? It broke out huge domestically, but it doesn't seem to be that big of a phenomenon in foreign markets.
>>
Wonder Woman as a character is far more iconic (and frankly just more appealing) in western culture than she is elsewhere.
>>
>>85226617

foreign markets are redpilled on the HFRK
>>
Coz WW is mostly beloved american character. Outside, it is nowhere near as known as Spiderman, Batman, Iron Man or Superman or few others.
Also way too much 'glorious american freedom' feeling in her image. All these stars and stripes + blue/red/white colors with gold accents. This is just too much for rest of the world. Even Capitan American isn't that american.
Last reason is, SJW got pretty much no power outside USA, so 'strong female characters' are not demanded by rest of the world
>>
Yeah I never understand why Americans like Wonder Woman superman and batman are better heros not of the same league. Why was there a league anyway

T. Sexist Asian.
>>
>>85227711
Why not like WW? She's a good counter to Batman and Superman. She's usually not portrayed as an sjw or a dyke. She's a good character and the movie did her justice.
>>
>>85226703
>Wonder Woman as a character is far more iconic (and frankly just more appealing) in western culture than she is elsewhere.
But /tv/ told me everyone loved Black Widow and WW was a forgotten relic that no one would even know/give a shit about.
>>
>>85228451
Her only modern value is as a "feminist icon" otherwise she's literally fucking who
obviously the territory with the biggest interest in the character as a "feminist icon" was the one where the movie was most successful
>>
>>85228451
>But /tv/ told me everyone loved Black Widow

Nobody has ever said that and you know it
>>
File: Ww.jpg (41KB, 298x415px) Image search: [Google]
Ww.jpg
41KB, 298x415px
>>85228514
What's funny is that people seem to forget she was made by a white man to satisfy his sexual hangups
>>
>>85226617
I want to know how many people went to see it solely to make a statement.
>>
there is something fishy going on with this movie. I saw it the other day and was appalled at how awful it was. there is no way this is getting by on its own merit. I simply cannot believe that many people genuinely liked it. It wasn't even good by normie standards.
>>
>>85232706
says you freak?
>>
>>85230890
>>85232706
this. it's feminist propaganda not a movie
>>
People always talk shit about how america is racist and sexist and shit but desu its one of the most progressive countries
>>
so out of the top 10 WW it ranks 9th
>>
>>85233092
This is because those accusations are actually an attack. The more a people give in to attacks, the more their enemies will redouble the effort.

There is no point at which the accusations of racism, sexism, homophobia, religious intolerance, etc will stop. The only way it ends is if the attackers themselves are punished or destroyed.
>>
>>85226617
Because MoS, BvS and SS hurt the international creed of the DCEU more in the world that it did on the states, the success of WW is going to play in favor of JL thou.
So expect another run of /tv/ getting btfo
>>
>>85233188
Don't kill their new narrative brah, let them have something.
>>
>>85228631

This.

Original WW comics were just one big bondage fetish.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.