[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Stand-up comedian starts talking about their girlfriend.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: frog.jpg (34KB, 593x640px) Image search: [Google]
frog.jpg
34KB, 593x640px
>Stand-up comedian starts talking about their girlfriend.
>>
File: 1495535650902.jpg (86KB, 486x589px) Image search: [Google]
1495535650902.jpg
86KB, 486x589px
>"i-its perfectly normal"
>>
So your problem is that you can't relate to that, since you lead a perfect, conflict-free relationship with your's? Lucky you.
>>
>>85225148
can't have an imperfect relationship full of conflict if you're a kissless, hugless, handholdless, friendless virgin
>>
>>85225022
Anyone else find it hard to watch standup these days? I think podcasts are much funnier.
>>
File: 1499436149740.jpg (140KB, 862x853px) Image search: [Google]
1499436149740.jpg
140KB, 862x853px
>stand-up comedian starts talking about having sex with their partner
>>
>>85225022
>Stand-up comedian starts talking
>>
File: 1499212708683.jpg (165KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
1499212708683.jpg
165KB, 728x546px
>comedian stands up
>>
>>85225338
The only podcasts I like listening to are sketch comedy ones and Comedy Bang Bang which is usually full of stand-up comedians anyway.
I tend to prefer stand-up comedy because they are (unless it's a bad comedian) tightly rehearsed and choreographed pieces. Each line, pause and movement is specifically chosen to heighten the joke and the connection with the audience. Podcasts tend to be more off the cuff and can have a lot more misfires compared to a well-rehearsed stand-up set. It's like the difference between seeing a live improv show and seeing a scripted, well-rehearsed comedic play.
They can both be great but my tastes leave me preferring stand-up a little bit more.

Why do you think podcasts are funnier?
>>
>>85225755
Pretty much the opposite reasons why you like standup lol. I prefer the more loose conversational nature of podcasts rather than hearing a comedian do rehearsed bits.
>>
>>85225792
That's a good reason.
In fact, the best stand-up comedy for me is when it's so well rehearsed and delivered that it doesn't feel rehearsed and feels completely natural.
I'd rather watch improv that is just bad ideas created on the spur of the moment than watch bad stand-up that sounds too faked.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.