[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Breaking Bad sucks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 11

I started watching Breaking Bad when it first came out, and at the time I thought it was pretty cool. However, I recently started watching The Sopranos and it made me realize how fucking terrible Breaking Bad is. I'm at the point now where I can legitimately say I dislike the show. It's filled with shitty characters, retarded plots and the emotional weight of almost every situation is ruined by the happy-go-lucky vibe emenating from every pour, due in no small part to Jessie "Yeah bitch" Pinkman who clearly exists only for the purpose of attracting the younger crowd knowing that nobody gives a fuck about a geriatric cancer patient.

The Sopranos did everything Breaking Bad did, but better, and pretty much 10 years earlier. It had actual believable characters and scenarios, and the entire show was basically about Tony's evolving psyche and how it impacts everyone around him. Breaking Bad took this formula, removed the intelligence and kept the drugs and guns. It is simply a shittier show that doesn't even begin to approach the masterful quality of The Sopranos.
>>
>>85217480
The Sopranos is boring as fuck.
>>
>>85217516
>The Sopranos is boring as fuck.
To a retard with the intellectual capacity of a cashew, yes.
>>
Sopranos is vastly superior in every aspect and has endless rewatches value. Breaking bad has none.
>>
>>85217516
>DUDE WHERE ARE THE 'SPLOSIONS AND QUIPPY GRAPEFRUITS LMAO
these are the people we share a board with
point at them. point at them and laugh
>>
>hey guys I posted a contrarian opinion on /tv/
>can I get my membership badge now please? I really don't want to leave when Summer ends :(
>>
File: 1497220716015.gif (647KB, 188x253px) Image search: [Google]
1497220716015.gif
647KB, 188x253px
>>85217607
Ironically, it's only the summer children who would argue that preferring The Sopranos is a contrarian opinion.
>>
>>85217529
>one needs intelligence to watch a bunch of Jersey gumbas act whop as fuck
it's boring. Should have ended after one season tops.
>>
>>85217638
>Implying I'm not talking about the faggot who stated that The Sopranos is boring as fuck
>Implying I'm not talking about the OP claiming Breaking Bad sucks

please don't be retarded around me
>>
BB is ok, generally good, with elements of greatness in Cranston's performance, but it's way overrated and nowhere near the best. It was a very confused meandering series, in tone, theme, content. The grounded first season was a solid character study, but soon after became disjointed. Jesse offered nothing.
>>
>>
>>85217684
>one needs intelligence to watch a bunch of Jersey gumbas act whop as fuck
Apparently so, because that's literally not at all what the show is about other than in a completely aesthetic sense.
>>
Haven't seen the sopranos, but I do agree that breaking bad sucked. It was code geass levels of ridiculously stupid trainwreck.
>>
it went to shit once he got fired from being a teacher. After that, it went from 'normal guy juggles a normal boring life as he makes drugs on the side' to 'drug overlord does epic things that are epic with little to no consequences'
>>
sorry OPbut if u dont think this is the most bad a** s**t youve ever heard... your probbly not a real redditor
>>
>>85217695
>please don't be retarded around me
Do you even realize why what you just said is actually retarded?
>>
>>85217480
the only characters worth staying for in BB are Walt, Hank and Fring. all the others are annoying as fuck, Skylar is a complete bitch and Walt Jrs inability to string a sentence together absolutely murders every scene hes in. there are some very cool action scenes like the machine gun in the trunk and him smashing that nugget off the ground and exploding the shit out of the drug dealers den but aside from stuff like that, its just boring as hell. also, what the fuck was that fly episode?
>>
File: 1500496998170.gif (913KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1500496998170.gif
913KB, 500x375px
>>85217480
Breaking Bad is interesting only if you are tethered to white suburbanite living. It is this same ridiculous notion that turns this guy's domesticated family issues as plot crisis. Its just dumb. Guy makes a million or so in meth, murders people and is still peeing his pants over cutting the grass better than his neighbors. It was an interesting pilot, but the creators turned into I Love Lucy sells drugs.

I'd write more, but the Mexican cartels that use twin brother luchadores as hit men are after me
>>
>>85217871
+ Walts whole arc and character development is two dimensional as fuck and he really is just a normal nerd who gradually turns into a murder nerd who blows things up
>>
>>85217861
LOL I'M NOT EVEN NEAR TO YOU BECAUSE I'M ON THE INTERNET XD

GOOD ONE m9
>>
File: 1500562292619.gif (1MB, 195x229px) Image search: [Google]
1500562292619.gif
1MB, 195x229px
>>85217991
>>
>>85217927
>the Mexican cartels that use twin brother luchadores as hit men are after me
God that was fucking retarded.
>>
>>85217480
>>85217638
This. It's unanimously agreed upon that The Sopranos is better than BB by just about anyone over the age of 20 or so or anyone who's watched enough TV in their lives to have seen both, however I wouldn't say it outright 'sucks', even though it is a little derivative and not as well done as it could've been done like The Sopranos. But trust me, these revelations will happen a lot more with the more of the older HBO series you watch. To me there'll probably never be a cop/crime show as good as The Wire and Oz takes a steaming hot shit over every other prison show and most other shows in general tbqh.
>>
>>85218161
>The Wire
I really need to give this one another chance. I watched an episode or two and just couldn't get into it. I meant to keep watching but eventually just forgot about it. All I hear are great things.
>>
>>85217480

Sopranos is better but I enjoyed Braking Bad more.

Samo goes for a Wire which was superb but I loved Shield more, especially the ending.
>>
>>85217516
This. The middle seasons are like 80% carmela or his daughter crying over bullshit. I had to fast forward through those parts.
>>
File: 3a7.jpg (77KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
3a7.jpg
77KB, 680x680px
>>85218404
>fast forwarding through a TV show, let alone one where character development is important
>>
>>85218468
Dude I never fast forward but the amount of that stuff in sopranos was just too much. I guess it was for the wimmin viewers who like to feel emotions.
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
11KB, 480x360px
Sopranos is a good show once you get passed the story arcs of Tony's nagging wife, cunty mother, piece of shit sister, retarded therapist, and faggot son

Then, all you have to do is stomach his idiot crew, retarded Hirsch story, the new scumbag plot each season (Ralphie, Richie, Vito, and Tony)

But hey.....thesea two theya sucka each others a cocks
>>
>>85218626
Everything you just named is literally what makes the show interesting. What exactly isn't entertaining about scumbags and his faggot son being a faggot?
>>
>>85218404
>middle seasons are like 80% carmela

>Owww......whatsa matta wit a me a?
> forgivea me a....i want to bang da bosses a wife a
> dat sweet 50 year old Carmela ass....OWW!
In his defense, Furio showed how big of a pussy Chrissy was
>>
>>85218626
>>85218404
>>85218582
I literally, unironically feel nothing but pity for you.
>>
>>85218678
>Everything you just named is literally what makes the show interestin
You literally like literal soap operas.
Literally watch Days of Our Lives, you literal faggot
>>
>>85218778
the first guy wasnt me faggot
>>
>Sopranos was my first high quality TV drama
>can't find anything to fill the void
Mad Men/The Wire are pretty great but don't really come close. The Young Pope was an entire new thing and definitley one of the best shows in nu-television.
>>
The Wire
Generation Kill
Deadwood
Treme

Actually are better series than Sopranos.
Breaking Bad wasn't even better than The Shield.

What makes these two kino memes so popular is the nostalgia of mass appeal to wide commercial audience.....like pop music. Pop music isn't good art on its own, its just widely accepted amalgamations of what everyone identifies as music.
>>
>>85218923
He shares your shitty opinion, so he shares my pity
>>
>>85217480

>BB isn't as good as Sopranos, therefore it sucks

Wow no middleground huh?
>>
>>85219282
>>85219282
You literally forgot to use literally in a sentencd
>>
>>85218742

UP IN THE CLUB
>>
The plots in Breaking Bad are so contrived and unrealistic. Its an entertaining show, and Bryan Cranston gives an amazing performance, but its not art...

Sopranos is art.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.