[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

>BUT DUDE LONG TAKES ARE FOR PATRICIANS
You can have long quiet scenes that are both good and bad. Just because its long doesnt automatically make it good fucking hell.

>DUDE THOSE SCENES MAKE US APPRECIATE TECHNOLOGY AND SHIT
A competent director would have directed those scenes in a way that doesn't put a hyperactive 5 year old to sleep. It's just shitty film making, no excuse.

>IT JUST DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH LASER GUNS AND SJW PANDERING FOR YOU LIKING
Fuck off. Before Sunrise was litterally just two people walking around a city, talking and it wasn't boring for a second. You know why? BECAUSE IT HAD A COMPETENT DIRECTOR!

>DUDE BUT THE AENDING WAS PRETTY LSD TRIPPIN LMAO
So it's confirmed the drugs have destroyed your brains. 2001 fans are literally DUDE WEED LMAO tier

Star wars is better
>>
oh look, it's this thread again
>>
File: me2.jpg (21KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
me2.jpg
21KB, 400x400px
>>85209845
thanks
>>
>>85209874
Read the filename.
>>
>>85209959

how about you just state your honest opinion and ask honest questions? what would you like to talk about Anon, I would love to discuss this film with you
>>
File: 1406824464160[1].jpg (41KB, 500x599px) Image search: [Google]
1406824464160[1].jpg
41KB, 500x599px
>>85210122
>what would you like to talk about Anon
That's the problem, I don't know what to talk about.
>>
File: ZHANE.jpg (45KB, 846x805px)
ZHANE.jpg
45KB, 846x805px
>>85210247
Its ok brah, we'll make it.

In the meantime, here's an explanation from Kubrick himself

Playboy: What was the metaphysical message of 2001?

Kubrick: It’s not a message that I ever intend to convey in words. 2001 is a nonverbal experience; out of two hours and 19 minutes of film, there are only a little less than 40 minutes of dialog. I tried to create a visual experience, one that bypasses verbalized pigeonholing and directly penetrates the subconscious with an emotional and philosophic content. To convolute McLuhan, in 2001 the message is the medium. I intended the film to be an intensely subjective experience that reaches the viewer at an inner level of consciousness, just as music does; to “explain” a Beethoven symphony would be to emasculate it by erecting an artificial barrier between conception and appreciation. You’re free to speculate as you wish about the philosophical and allegorical meaning of the film — and such speculation is one indication that it has succeeded in gripping the audience at a deep level — but I don’t want to spell out a verbal road map for 2001 that every viewer will feel obligated to pursue or else fear he’s missed the point. I think that if 2001 succeeds at all, it is in reaching a wide spectrum of people who would not often give a thought to man’s destiny, his role in the cosmos and his relationship to higher forms of life. But even in the case of someone who is highly intelligent, certain ideas found in 2001 would, if presented as abstractions, fall rather lifelessly and be automatically assigned to pat intellectual categories; experienced in a moving visual and emotional context, however, they can resonate within the deepest fibers of one’s being.
>>
>>85209845
I admire your dedication to making this thread every day
>>
>>85209845
There is no discussion cuz we agree with you
>>
>>85210958
Pleb.
>>
>>85209845
>this fucking thread again
>>
File: 1474470117340.png (126KB, 564x538px) Image search: [Google]
1474470117340.png
126KB, 564x538px
>>85209874
>>85209914
>>85209959
>>85210122
>>85210247
>>85210247
>>85210530
>>85210706
>>85210958
>>85211030
>>85211065
I don't blame op a single bit for this. Not even a little. It's the tards I'm replying to. Like how fucking stupid.
>OMG THIS THREAD AGAIN, just let me bump it real quick.
Like you fucking idiots ever hear about self-moderation. Retard ops thread would have been dead by now if not for you even bigger retards. Even the faggots saging are just as bad. Give retard op or retard posters more shit to reply to. I'm just making this post to call you fucking idiots before this thread reaches 300 replies for the dozenth time you fucking retards. Hopefully you dumb fucks get a brain. You deserve /tv/ to be shit you really do you dumb fuckers. Just reply to every copypasta shitpost thread you dumb animals. Then you complain about R*ddit being any worse.
>>
>>85211163
Read the filename, brainlet.
>>
>>85211163
Way to miss the point of the thread entirely. Discussion is at it's best when people are arguing/e. There's nothing to say when everyone's in agreement, so baiting people in to argue starts off legitimate discussion
>>
File: 1455037304764.jpg (247KB, 1444x1198px) Image search: [Google]
1455037304764.jpg
247KB, 1444x1198px
The fact that so many people still name Stanley Kubrick as the greatest or most significant or most influential director ever only tells you how far film still is from becoming a serious art.

Contemporary film makers never spoke highly of Kubrick, and for good reason. They could never figure out why his movies should be regarded more highly than their own. They knew that Kubrick was simply lucky to become a folk phenomenon (thanks to the Space Race, which had nothing to do with his film making merits). That phenomenon kept alive interest in his (mediocre) films to this day.

Kubrick sold a lot of copies of his films not because he was the greatest director but simply because his films were easy to sell to the masses they had no difficult content, they had no technical innovations, they had no creative depth. He shot a bunch of catchy 3-minute scenes with some decent cinematography. If somebody had not invented the Space Race in 1957, you would not have wasted your time reading this post about such a trivial director.
>>
>>85211163
tl;dr
>>
>>85211309
Fuck off, Steven Spielberg has said the film completely floored him, and still does. There is one quote from him where he allowed that he still doesn't fully understand it. George Lucas was in film school when 2001 was released, it humbled him, and HE doesn't claim to fully understand it. James Cameron said in an interview that 2001 revealed to him a whole new realm of what filmmaking was capable of doing. You can find expressions of awe about 2001 specifically, and Stanley Kubrick generally, from dozens of directors including guys like Francis Ford Coppola, Martin Scorsese, Ridley Scott, Francois Truffaut, Christopher Nolan, and even (IIRC) Frank Capra. You could also fill a small library with all the Ph.D. thesis papers that 2001 inspired.

Your bait is fucking retarded.
>>
I feel bad for people that couldn't enjoy 2001
>>
>>85211309
>Reddit spacing
Typical
>>
>>85211309
http://www.scaruffi.com/vol1/beatles.html
>>
>>85210706
Thanks
>>
>>85211309
I'm no great defender of Kubrick, but if you think originality exists in any form of culture you're just naive. What's interesting about a film - any film - is how a particular filmmaker uses said tropes and techniques in order to discuss and put forward concepts and ideas.

I'm only reacting to the image posted, not the text, which I haven't read.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.