[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We Kubrick Now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (107KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
107KB, 1280x720px
>With Dunkirk, Christopher Nolan has finally hit the heights of Kubrick
>But Dunkirk is different. With it, Nolan has – at last – put himself in the Kubrick league. Will he be able to do it again and again, like the master? Only time will tell – but, at 46, it’s on his side.
>But with Dunkirk , Nolan may at last be able to walk the Kubrick walk.
Thoughts ?
https://www.theguardian.com/film/filmblog/2017/jul/19/dunkirk-christopher-nolan-kubrick

/ourguy/
>>
alright, the hypes too much desu
>>
>>85199000
Checked. The hype is real.
>>
>>85198986
I'm newbie. Can you tell me what the comparison means?
>>
File: 1494889729599.jpg (61KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1494889729599.jpg
61KB, 640x640px
>>85198986
>Only time will tell – but, at 46, it’s on his side.
We all know they are gonna kill him before he talks about faking 9-11 just like they killed Kubrick for leaks about faking the moon landing.
>>
>>85199000

nice full house

pumped for Dunkirk
>>
>>85199115
that article was comparing it with path of glory which was imo a very good movie about not the glorification of war but the glory from the war....

anyway less pride in violence and more in the appreciation of the humanity i guess
>>
>tfw bought a ticket to see it on 11:30 am on friday in 70mm
>first movie i'll see in theater in over a decade
>>
>>85199160
>that pic
Wouldn't have that saved on my hd senpai
>>
>>85199000
Definitely overhyped. I thought it was 'okay' and I got more out of Interstellar
>>
>>85199263
same, driving an hour to see it in 70
>>
>>85199263
>>85199584
dumb fags wait for yify
>>
dunkirk is kino but his other works aren't even close to the levels of kubrickkino
>>
>>85199631
the experience is not the same
I'm thinking of maybe seeing it in cinemas too
>>
Dunkirk is a very good film but it is not comparable to any of Kubrick's movies. I saw it last Saturday and was impressed at how much Nolan has matured as a director.
>>
Hmm got an IMAX 70mm showing within driving distance, might have to check it out because of all the hype
>>
>>85198986
fuck off Nolan
>>
Kubrick is nothing compared to our guy Nolan. I can't even think of many good films to Kubricks name.
>>
>>85201404
kek
>>
File: sick.png (898KB, 960x665px) Image search: [Google]
sick.png
898KB, 960x665px
>>85199631
>>
just came back from watching the movie
i will say that you should aim to watch it at the theatres or at least some kind of environment with a fair bit of surround sound.
the atmosphere is definitely the strong point.
>>
>>85201893

>it's a nolan movie is only good in a movie theater episode
>>
>>85203115
And this is bad why?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.