[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Shape Of Water

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 6

why are there no threads about this?

your thoughts on guillermos next adventure?
>>
>FISHSTICKED
>>
>>85198718
>the white godly man is evil
>most likely hellboy prequel
>already a hellboy reboot in the works

this movie doesn't need to exist
>>
>>85198718
There was a thread earlier today where the OP actually included the trailer to produce a higher quality thread. The movie looks kinda dumb desu.
>>
>>85198842
if anything i just want to see it for the cinematography and editing. the first 30 seconds of the trailer had me stunned
>>
>>85198718
she looks like a scrawny version of carrie brownstein
>>
>tfw no mute gf
>>
>>85198842
Well obviously it's not an ACTUAL Hellboy prequel, but it's definitely Del Toro throwing a hissy fit that they wouldn't fund Hellboy 3.
>>
Looks like BioShock
>>
>>85199851
Don't do this Cure for Wellness shit all over again. Everything with a tank of water isn't Bioshock.
>>
>>85199931
Well, in his defense, it also has the ~1940s music and aesthetic, but that's where the similarities end. Story is, although not very original, nothing similar to BioShock.
>>
>>85198875
Doesn't that summarize all the whole of his work?
>>
>>85198718
all the white girls secretly worship the BFC
>>
File: ShapeofProtein.jpg (438KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ShapeofProtein.jpg
438KB, 800x1200px
>god of the Amazon
So this is a stealth Creature from the Black Lagoon movie, right? Could this be a Dark Universe script that Universal rejected?
>>85199178
Also very obviously this, but I'm glad. An Abe movie is undoubtedly coming soon, tho.
>>
>>85199931
It's an underwater 1950s themed flick of course it's Bioshock you fucking retard
>>
>>85199931
The atmosphere is pretty much the same
>>
>>85200570
Not that anon, but bullshit. If it were, there'd be advertisements and neon signs and shit everywhere.
>>
I think it looks delightful. There's a kind of whimsy in the trailer that isn't present in most of his movies. Usually they're pretty grim, or, in Hellboy's case, too campy for me to enjoy.
>>
>>85199931

Well to be fair the literal meaning of "bio" is water.
>>
>soppy shite about an autistic cleaning lady
>90% of the plot is in the trailer
>del Taco will NEVER EVER make a proper Lovecraft flick
>>
>>85201515
it's not due to lack of effort on his part,for whatever reason studios don't want to fund it.
>>
File: BPRD.jpg (332KB, 1000x677px) Image search: [Google]
BPRD.jpg
332KB, 1000x677px
>>85198718
when?
>>
>>85198718
It has a Bioshock vibe
>>
>>85199931
>Everything with a tank of water isn't Bioshock.

kek
>>
Frankly, I think this is looking pretty great. Especially because it's a hellboy prequel, but it isn't obvious to everyone else - it didn't have some hamfisted reference.
>>
The atmosphere looks amazing, but I'm not quite understanding the genre. Is it a romantic fantasy drama? Do they fuck in the end and have Abe? Is it horror/suspense?
>>
>>85203639
Every film with a greyish color palette and tanks of water is Bioshock. No excuses.
>>
trailer gives it a romantic drama vibe. it has the that cute english woman i only know from submarine, but i like milfs plus she's playing a mute which makes it more interesting. damn children of a lesser god, hoshi no kinka, and babel for developing this deaf/mute girl fetish.
>>
I thought this was gonna be Universal's Creature from the black lagoon for a while

can't wait for fish sex
>>
>>85203062
Is that Dick Chain-ey?
>>
I'm 99.2% sure that that thing is Abe. It's even the same actor ffs.
>>
It's almost self plagiarism if it's not the same creature. It's like he did "Infernokid" or "Devilboy".
>>
I can already see the fan fictions on retardlr about this.
>>
del Toro has only made one good film in his entire career.

I'm sick of getting burned by his films.
>>
My gf just saw this and said it made her cry.

Guess I need to take her to see this.
>>
Your girlfriend likes the BFC and you'll never satisfy her sexually.
>>
>>85204175
A new fetish has been born.
>>
>>85198718
>It's like a film you already saw, but with Abe Sapiens
meh
>>
>>85203930

> It's even the same actor

That's just because del toro likes that guy to do his prosthetic makeup monsters, he was also the faun and the pale man in pans labyrinth.
>>
>>85198718

Looks pretty cute, I'll probably watch it.
>>
>>85204228
no
>>
>>85198718
This heavily feels like a prequel to hellboy. Wouldn't be surprised.
>>
File: a-cure.jpg (465KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
a-cure.jpg
465KB, 1024x768px
>>85199931
>Cure for Wellness

dehaan really rocked the grungy lesbian look
>>
>>85204160
>del Toro has only made one good film in his entire career.

Pan's labyrinth.
And only because the girl was cute, he's still a hack.
>>
>>85207323

Drinks and devil's Backbone are good as well.
>>
>>85207861

And Hellboy 2
>>
>>85198718
this looks an awful lot like that stupid fucking pig movie on netflix
>>
>>85201297
Dear blog, I hate this fucking meme.
>>
>>85198842
The hellboy reboot doesn't need to exist. If del Toro wants to make more films in the universe he brought to screen, he should be allowed to.
>>
>>85198718

Looks like a Jeunet rip off.

Looks like the second film this year about people in tanks of water that looks like Bioshock.

Looks like all Del Toro movies;

10/10 Production Design

3/10 Everything else

I expect a 90% on RT and critics fellating it and general audiences not giving a shit.
>>
>>85198718
So he touched her to communicate right? Just like and sapien does?
The black lagoon like monster eats eggs right like abe sapien?
A secret organisation is in develepmont to handle unknown creatures?
They eventually run away and have a child that is probably recovered from the same secret organisation?
Seriously this movie would have a "twist" that it was all a prequel to hellboy if del toro wasn't DROPPED from hellboy duties. I can't wait for the fat Mexican to talk about how it was more a love letter from creature from the black lagoon and not the first scene from hellboy 3.
At least now he can actually flesh out the story and change the ending.
>>
>>85198718
Sally is a cute. CUTE!
>>
>>85208235

I should have specified - Amelie and City Of Lost Children Jeunet specifically.

>>85207919

People mentioned that Okja felt like a Jeunet film too.

This also has a Bioshock feel, as did the similar looking A Cure For Wellness (which was directed by Gore Verbinski, who came very close to filming a Bioshock movie, but it was cancelled just afer they finished pre-production).
>>
File: hell, boy.jpg (76KB, 922x584px) Image search: [Google]
hell, boy.jpg
76KB, 922x584px
>>85198718
>why are there no threads about this?
It's for women.
I'm actually glad trailers give away most of the plot these days, so we can tell it's mostly a beauty and beast tier plot, with an imperfect beauty for maximum self-inserting.
Too bad, style was there.
>>
>>85198718
Is that Abe in that tank?
>>
>>85203905
No that's the superhero known as cockknocker.
>>
>>85208271
This. Sally Hawkins is a cutie-patootie, and I'll watch anything interesting that she happens to be in. Never expected a GDT movie from her, but that makes it all even better.
>>
>>85203062
They're rebooting Hellboy and it should lead to a BPRD cinematic universe. But Del Taco won't be involved and it'll have nothing to do with what he did.

>tfw no apocalyptic ending
>tfw no Bruce Campbell as Lobster Johnson
>>
Friendly reminder that the trailer spoiled the whole movie, even the ending.
>>
>>85209580
Friendly reminder that science says you're a wanker

https://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/news/spoiler-alert-spoilers-make-you-enjoy-stories-more
>>
>>85209580
All these movies are literally Free Willy ripoff, there's at least one that comes out every year and it's always the same shit.
>>
>>85209654
Friendly reminder that science defends whatever they get paid to defend: trannies being a-okay for example.
>>
>>85209747
Friendly reminder that science only specifies what "is", it's retarded morons or people who rely on retarded morons that call things "good" or "bad".
>>
>>85209888
thats not very friendly
>>
>>85209834
Friendly reminder that scientists decide beforehand what their goal is and then interpret and twist the obtained data until it fits them.

Additional friendly reminder that the reason research data gets afterwards checked by independent committees and declared invalid is because of malpractices like the one I mentioned.
>>
FISHED
>>
>>85198718
>this could be called Creature from the Black Lagoon
>Del Toro could be in charge of the Universal Monsters instead of Kurtzman
>there’ll never be a cinematic Universal Monsters universe with Del Toro serving as the Feige equivalent producing films with an unparalleled horror aesthetic and strong emotional core
>>
OCEAN MAN
>>
>>85208235
>I expect a 90% on RT
No Del Taco movie reached 90% in over a decade.
>>
File: IMG_1405.jpg (43KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1405.jpg
43KB, 620x372px
there's too much retardation in this thread and not enough sally hawkins
>>
>>85209958
Can confirm with my shitty biology bachelors. Thank God I escaped into med school.
>>
Seriously though, why would they show the villain dying in the trailer?
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.