[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Projectors

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: FB8J3YJFCEILZ8Q.MEDIUM[1].jpg (25KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
FB8J3YJFCEILZ8Q.MEDIUM[1].jpg
25KB, 620x465px
Does anyone on /tv/ have a projector in their living room or bedroom? How do you like it?
>>
>>85198033
PROJECTORS ARE SHIT FOR CASUAL VIEWING

YOU GOTTA BLACK OUT THE ROOM OR THE CONTRAST GOES TO HELL

JUST GET A GIANT SCREEN TV SO YOU DONT HAVE TO LIVE IN A CAVE TO WATCH SOMETHING
>>
>>85198185
My parents have a projector in their basement in a room with no windows, we use it for movies and sports they also have a tv upstairs that they use most of the time. I agree that its a bad idea if you don't have this ideal set up and just use it in your apartment, but relax
>>
>>85198263
>or in their living room or bedroom? How do yo
>>
>>85198185
I think the assumption would be a person has a television they use for normal viewing, and the projector is there for special occasions.
>>
I use the ones at work to game on sometimes which is fun. Home projectors that are quiet and have a good picture are pretty expensive. Those $300 ones are gonna suck for watching movies, unless you just have a really big room and you want the novelty or something.
>>
>>85198346
>Those $300 ones are gonna suck for watching movies, unless you just have a really big room and you want the novelty or something.
I used to have a crappy projector in my room and I would say the novelty is worth it. There's just something about it.
>>
>>85198302
In the living room, I probably use the projector more than them
>>
Holy shit, a thread I'm genuinely interested in. I rock a BenQ HT1075 and a Silver Ticket 120" screen (in addition to a 7.1 speaker setup but that's another story) with some home-made blackout curtains that the missus made, and it's a thing of beauty. Provided you're able to get the room dark enough, pair it with some good audio and get a quality projector (as others have pointed out, most anything below $600-700 isn't going to be anything to write home about unless buying used), I'd say it has the potential to completely change the way you look at movies and TV (because yes, they're still excellent for watching TV), haven't regretted buying it for a second.
>>
>>85198033
OLED with motion processing set to off is the only way to view kino at home.

OLED = Pure emissive light
LED = LCD shutter with LED backlight
LCD = Gameboy color shit

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>85198734
>what is DLP
Of course, the tech used in IMAX with laser has it topped but nobody's implementing that at home yet. This is assuming that your eyes aren't suspect to the rainbow effect though, in which case OLED is damn solid, but you can't get those dope screen projection-level screen sizes with that.
>>
>>85198346
>>85198382
my roommate had a low-mid range projector and it was really fun to watch movies with a group of friends. only 1280x800 and i think it was a business projector (not home theatre) but it was still great. didn't even have a screen, just used the wall.
>>
>>85198801
All I see is RGB edge flickering when watching a small DLP projector.

My eyes are too kino.
>>
It was great. Really made it enjoyable to watch movies. Eventually the bulb started burning out and it lost a lot of its brightness. Id say it was worth it though.
>>
File: imax_0101.jpg (50KB, 425x359px) Image search: [Google]
imax_0101.jpg
50KB, 425x359px
EVEN A 4K PROJECTOR IN A 2 STORY HIGH DEDICATED THEATER ROOM IS A GLIB FACSIMILE OF THE REAL THING

ONLY A PLEB WOULD EVEN BOTHER
>>
Had one in highschool bedroom. Dad got it from a neighbor who was moving, quite a nice model, for the time. Bought some blackout curtains to darken my room and a white bristol board to pick up the image. I think the comfiness of sitting on my bed watching movies on a 60" screen is part of the reason I got into film. TY based neighbor.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.