[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Films you did a 180 on after 2nd viewing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: trash.jpg (70KB, 940x494px) Image search: [Google]
trash.jpg
70KB, 940x494px
I'll start. Watched it first time at a film festival in a really great orchestra hall with a very engaged, absolutely huge crowd. Good experience, loved the film. On 2nd viewing after it's actual release, watched it in a more modest theater without the crowd factor and realized I'd been duped by spotlights and Ingrid Bergman posters the way capeshit fans get duped by quips and references. Sound mix was fucked for the opening song. The songs themselves seemed vapid and trash when I actually paid attention to them, and that feeling slowly extended to the entire film as a whole. Opinion flipped completely and as one anon perfectly summed it up a few days ago, to me this thing is nothing but dishonesty in motion.

Note: THIS IS NOT A LA LA LAND THREAD. POST YOUR OWN EXPERIENCES.

Summer break tardlets not welcome
>>
Parents showed me Chinatown as a teenager and it bored the shit out of me. Revisited it in college after developing a taste for older films. It's a flawless film and now one of my absolute
favorites
>>
>>85195873

I love Chinatown. Favorite movie ending line too.
>>
>>85195730
I watched The Terminator sometime after having watched Commando and Total Recall, which I loved, and absolutely hated it. I don't remember all of why I disliked it, but part of it was Arnie playing a villain.

I later caught the movie on TV and realized it's genius. The Terminator is very close to a perfect movie.
>>
>>85196729

When I was like 4 and didn't understand how vfx worked I saw T2 judgment day and thought arnold died when he got lowered into the lava. Straight up thought one of my fav action heroes was dead and got so sad.
>>
>>85195730
Hated Freddy Got Fingered when I first saw it and now I think it's one of the best comedies of the 2000s.
>>
>>85196896
Tom Green is seriously one of the most influential comedians of the internet age.
>>
Hated Kubrick, thought he was boring. Loved Spielberg.

20 years later, my opinion is the exact opposite. I had no idea what Kubrick was doing.

Also, read "Easy Riders Raging Bulls" about the 1970s in Hollywood and you'll really lose all respect for Stevie.
>>
I hated Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas when I was a straight-edge teen, loved it later after I had done acid and all that.
>>
First time I watched pic related I was in utter shock that it had won best picture. I thought it was literally the worst film I had seen all year. When I saw the critical reaction to it i was totally floored. It genuinley felt like I was in the Twilight Zone or some shit, I just fucking hated it.
My family wanted to watch it and I didnt want to be a dick and decline to join them so I watched it again and suddenly everything that was praised about it made sense.
Whereas before I found the slavemasters cartoonishly evil for reasons I honestly cant even recall I appreciated the different aspects of slavery that Steve McQueen explored through them. The long takes of Northrups suffering (particularly when he was paritally hung) hit me with all their intended power, and the emotions that i once felt were hollow exploded brightly in both the films moments of joy and sadness.
Three things about it still sucked for me though. Brad Pitts little speech was really awkward and he moved his head around way too fucking much to seem like a human was talking. It was weird how well spoken like 90% of the slaves were. Obviously that makes sense for Solomon since we know he is educated but the vast vast majority of slaves were dumb as rocks because how the fuck would they ever learn anything? It was so strange how they spoke, especially in contrast to the slave masters (except for Cumberbatch) who just spoke normally. Lastly, as deserved as i now believe this films best picture win is, one oscar it did not deserve was best supporting actress. Lupita Nyongo was absolutely unwatcheable and her big oscar bait scene begging for soap actually had me in stiches the first time i watched it and i was barely concealing my laughter at how horrible she was in that scene the second time around. To anyone who disagress with me on Nyongo just watch her scene again. Any high school kid whose been to after school theater practice once can pull off that scene, and im sure most could do it better.
>>
File: 12 Years a Slave.jpg (650KB, 1400x2100px) Image search: [Google]
12 Years a Slave.jpg
650KB, 1400x2100px
>>85199238
>first time i watched pic related
and of course i forgot the pic related
here it is
>>
hearing yall talk about how you like smoking aces made me hate it even more
>>
The Informant! - hated it at first because i expected an Anchorman-esque type of movie about a loud and outrageously inappropriate corporate employee from seeing the trailer plus that's what was hot at the time. rewatched it later and really loved the dry humour and understated absurdity of the main character and his story.
>>
>>85198818
HAHAHAHAHHAHA
>>
Empire Strikes Back. It was great when I was little, but now I realize it was the original Marvel-tier cash grab. They took a movie with a cohesive story and an actual ending and then made a sequel for no reason other than money.

>remember the villain from the first one? well you didn't actually SEE him die, it was just implied, so guess what he's back!
>remember the death star? well now they're building another one!

And the icing on the cake was the cliffhanger ending. Don't get me wrong, the plot twist was great and nobody saw it coming, but the fact that Luke slinks away at the end without having resolved anything with Vader or the new Death Star and basically guarantees that you have to watch ANOTHER sequel to see how it all plays out was a slap in the face.
>>
I did a full 360.
The first time I saw inglorious basterds I was not feeling it. The ending threw me for a loop, and I couldn't get over it being like an alternate reality thing.
2nd time I liked it and fell for the it's a commentary on subjective views of violence meme.
3rd time I realized how jewy it was and that tarantino is a hack.
>>
>dancing
>gosling

How exactly did you ever think this movie isn't total trash?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.