[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sopranos analysis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: paulie-nuts.jpg (238KB, 650x400px) Image search: [Google]
paulie-nuts.jpg
238KB, 650x400px
An anon in an earlier thread said that the Sorpanos is the purest exemplification of the transition from the late 90s to the 2000s in the USA and how that change had an affect upon the young male psyche and their baby boomer counterparts. Can someone expand upon this, it seems interesting but I really don't understand it.
>>
That's the type of braindead bullshit only a young millennial who wasn't even conscious during the 90s would come up with.

The sopranos was about how organized crime represented cultural regression going all the way back to the shift from BC to AD.
>>
>>85194768
>The sopranos was about how organized crime represented cultural regression going all the way back to the shift from BC to AD.
It did tackle social issues. Take for example Tony talking to Dr. Melfi about Dr. Cusamano or the Columbus day episode. It wasn't JUST about crime.
>>
File: carm!.jpg (58KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
carm!.jpg
58KB, 1280x720px
>Carm! CAAARM! CAAAAAARM!
>*breathes heavily from mouth*
>gabagool
>*wheezes*
>where's the gabagool?
>*starts crying*
>it was right here. RIght HERE!
>*voice trails off*
>on the counter. last night
*dozes off while standing and suddenly wakes up in a panic*
>Carm!
>>
>>85196052
Meant for >>85195525
>>
>>85196159
tony only says gabagool 4 times in the entire series. and when he's yelling at carmella, he usually says her full name. hth.
>>
>>85196159
You get him mixed up with Silvio
>>
>>85196465
Ova here
>>
Imagine thinking Breaking Bad was better than The Sopranos
>>
>>85198537
imagine thinking the shield is better than the wire
>>
>>85198952
no
>>
>>85194768
I don't have what you're looking for, nor am i articulate or perceptive enough to help you analyse The Sopranos. What I can offer is a website where someone analyzes, in a somewhat in-depth manner, the episodes up to mid season 5.

https://sopranosautopsy.com/

>>85198952
you can't make me
>>
>>85194768
It was, but we didnt know it at the time, and I dont believe thats what David Chase was going for when he was making it.

It transitioned the 90s-mid 2000s culture perfectly and when its final season aired it ended right before the explosion of the smartphone era and social media explosion.
>>
>>85198952
So I just got done watching the first episode of The Wire and I was blown away! There is a scene where D'angelo is explaining chess to the other kids and teaching them about all the pieces. I don't know if anyone else picked up on this, but when he was telling them about pawns, he actually meant THEY were the pawns! What an amazing allegory!

I've never seen such brilliant writing and I can easily say just by having watched the first episode that this is the best show ever made!

Also the acting is phenomenal! Idris Elba and Dominic West do a great job with their Baltimore accents.
>>
Post the vito pic
>>
File: S03E13.png (423KB, 720x418px) Image search: [Google]
S03E13.png
423KB, 720x418px
>>85199649
So I just got done watching this episode of The Sopranos and I was blown away! There is a scene where Omar's daughter is explaining chess to Jackie Jr. and teaching him about all the pieces. I don't know if anyone else picked up on this, but when she was telling him about pawns, she actually meant that MOBSTERS were the pawns and the MOB BOSS is the king! What an amazing allegory!

I've never seen such brilliant writing and I can easily say just by having watched this episode that this is the best show ever made!

Also the acting is phenomenal! James Gandolfini does a great job pronouncing difficult words such as capicola and capocollo.
>>
File: my arch nemesis.jpg (413KB, 1278x717px) Image search: [Google]
my arch nemesis.jpg
413KB, 1278x717px
>>85199745
why does it work so well
>>
>>85199808
>Battle of Gabagool.jpg
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.