[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I'M STRONG >I CAN KICK! What did he mean by this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

>I'M STRONG
>I CAN KICK!
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>85188689
Dave's show on July 28 was an hour-long disaster: The opening act tested new sound effects, all of which bombed. Next was the Top Ten list, which wasn't ready. Then Myrtle Young, the Potato Chip lady. Then an awkward interview with Ally Sheedy, promoting her film "Maid to Order." Then an attempted call to James "The Drifter" Baggett, but Dave got an airport by mistake. The Top Ten still wasn't ready.

By this point Dave was already on edge from the screw-ups and odd guests. Then came Glover. From a 1992 broadcast of NPR's "All Things Considered" in which movie director Trent Harris explained how his new feature film, "Ruben and Ed," came to be:

"[Glover] said, 'Come on over to my place. I've got something I want to show you.' So I go over to the place he lives in Hollywood. It's a big tower with an elevator in it, so I pushed the elevator button, and I'm waiting in the lobby and the doors open up, and this creature steps out of the elevator in striped bellbottoms, platform shoes, strange hair, double-knit tight polyester shirt, thick glasses, and then he started to giggle, and I realized that it was Crispin and he said, 'Wouldn't it be funny to do a film about this character. Wouldn't he be a great character to write a movie about?' And I said, 'No.' I mean, it's a frightening image to see Rubin Farr for the first time. But then this -- he was invited to go on the David Letterman show, and he said, 'Wouldn't it be interesting if I went on as Rubin Farr?' And I said, 'No.'"
>>
>>85188689
>>85189165

But Glover went ahead and appeared on "Late Night" as Rubin Farr, the character he'd later play in Harris's film. And what was Harris's first reaction to seeing Glover on with Dave? "I literally had to get in the closet. I started to watch the thing, and then I found myself standing up on the couch going, 'No, no, no,' and then I got in the closet and closed the door, hoping that somehow it would stop."

Dave was not amused. After all that had preceded Glover's appearance that night, his mood had already darkened, and Glover's character was first met with bemusement but then disdain, the kick the final straw.

After Glover's segment, Dave discussed the mess with Paul, asked again for the Top Ten (still not ready), and called James again, this time successfully. By the end of the show, Dave thanked his guests, Glover's name conspicuously absent.

There is a podcast with "Morty" Letterman's producer at the time out on the interwebs, that verifies that they had no clue what Crispin was up to that night. After Dave walked off and they went to commercial, Morty kicked Crispin out, while Crispin pleaded "Andy Kaufman, man. Andy Kaufman!" And Morty told him that Andy, Dave, and the writing staff worked on his bits weeks, sometimes months, before he made his appearances, and Dave really, really hates surprises.
>>
Is that you, john wayne?
>>
File: 6513.jpg (72KB, 350x527px) Image search: [Google]
6513.jpg
72KB, 350x527px
Did we ever figure out what it is and how it is done?
>>
>>85189230
rubin farr also makes an appearance in crispin's video for clowny clown clown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1rTglvW3ZI
>>
>>85189165
>>85189230
>>85189325

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABcEKe7z6_I
>>
File: QRRT3.png (15KB, 552x163px) Image search: [Google]
QRRT3.png
15KB, 552x163px
>>85188689
>untitled project

what is this??
>>
>>85189524
NIGGERVILLE
>>
>>85189306
Is that Raziel?
>>
>>85189325
This really is something to behold. Even Tim and Eric couldn't make something this inept and bizarre and off putting.
>>
File: 1214133342270.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1214133342270.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
>>85189230
>Crispin pleaded "Andy Kaufman, man. Andy Kaufman!"
>>
>>85189694
the song was co-written by the band Barnes and Barnes, who featured bill mumy(lost n space, babylon 5)

Barnes and Barnes had a monr hit id the US in the early 80s with the song Fish Heads, the video of which was directed by Bill Paxton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-K2DZojWi0
>>
>>85189306
Darth Malak?
>>
>>85188689
he was fucked up on acid.
>>
>>85191048
He's always fucked up on acid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e7Fha9e6q4
>>
>>85188689

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCaxKq5KFQM
>>
>>85188689

Letterman is one of the few people I've seen on television who cannot hide their assholeness. At all.
>>
>>85192410
He was completely justified in that situation. Plus that's what made him great. Jimmy Fallon is too nice. Dave was genuine and never hid his disdain if a guest wasn't interesting to him.
>>
>>85189306
kain refused the sacrifice
>>
>>85189745
Based Crispin
>>
>>85192562

Johnny Carson did it better.
>>
>>85192879
I prefer Letterman. Underneath his gruff exterior he actually has a heart. Carson just seemed like a genuinely mean-spirited, miserable man.
>>
File: ROAR, MY NIGGA.png (479KB, 1354x928px) Image search: [Google]
ROAR, MY NIGGA.png
479KB, 1354x928px
>>85189306
WHAT IS IT
WHERE IS IT
HOW WILL IT AFFECT ME

FUCK THAT SHIT
I NEED THAT SHIT'S BOUND TO BE THE DEATH OF ME
FUCK BUYING IT I'M TAKING IT AND SHARING IT WITH NOBODY
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.