[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TCM yay or nah?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

What's /tv/'s thoughts on TCM? I think they have a pretty great selection of movies, and they're one of the only cable channels left dedicated to showing older lesser known films.
>>
TCM is great. I remember they showed Freaks and other silent films when I was a kid. They had a whole weekend dedicated to Charlie Chaplin and talked about his impact too and showed his movies
>>
>>85180919
Love this channel. I'm an absolute pleb when it comes to movies I have watched so I can always find something I've never seen/heard of on there.
>>
I miss comfy king Robert Osborne.
>>
Very strong yay
>no commercial interruptions during the movie
>no censorship for movie content
>classic and obscure movie choices (actually shows b/w and silent films sometimes)
>weird cult or B-films at late night sometimes
>certain films get historical trivia/context introductions

IFC and Sundance have commercials which makes viewing almost unwatchable. FXM censors stuff, and only shows Fox properties (though you occasionally get some classic stuff). The only other movie channel that's almost as good as TCM is Audience, which tends to have more modern selections, and repeats stuff more often.
>>
>>85180919
Yay. I'm a fan of the TCM Undergrounds.
>>
Two thumbs way up.
>>
>>85181540
Forgot to add because of movie lengths and time gaps, sometimes they show old movie trailers, short films, clasic studio promotional reels, and actor or director profiles. They really are the best.
>>
>>85180919
Literally the kino channel
>>
They're great but they just play fucking anything metro goldywn? I caught Gymkata of all things on there a week ago and as much as I like it, I find it a stretch that anyone would call that a classic movie?
>>
>>85183116
Didn't it air on TCM Underground? That's a good program for playing shit like Gymkata.
>>
>>85184026
Maybe that's what I watching and didn't notice. I just flipped to it on a hotel TV.
>>
This one in latin america sucks, the nanny, alf, married with children and xena and some 90s and 80s movies from time to time they're not even that old i thought i'd get movies like from the 20s 30s etc.
>>
Absolutely fantastic network, i watch about 5 films a week through their iOS app. Always have a queue of about 20 films at any given time, and since they work in concert w/ Filmstruck, they've been getting some of their films as well. They have a lotta early Hitch right now.
>>
There's literally no negatives
>>
While I appreciate the effort, I never really watch the newer Mankeweicz and others' intros, only because I like to go into films very, very clean, almost completely unaware of any particulars.
>>
>>85180919
There is no reason anyone should be opposed to this channel.
>>
>>85180919
Big yay for me.

>uncut, unedited, and commercial free
>all films presented in original aspect ratio

TCM holds a special place in my heart too
>be young kid with only basic cable and restricted internet access
>discover accidentally that TCM has uncensored movies
>go online and look at their monthly schedule for any movies rated TV-MA
>pray that they have something I can beat off to

I still fondly remember coming home from school and ripping my dick off to the recording I had of Coffy. Also that time they had a block of Russ Meyer films and countless other movies.

My only nay is that their HD channel is only on I think two providers and even then they are mostly just higher bitrate upscales.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.