[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What films have you watched recently? Just finished Hiroshima

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

File: xdfds.jpg (270KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
xdfds.jpg
270KB, 1200x800px
What films have you watched recently?

Just finished Hiroshima Mon Amour
Shadows of Forgotten Ancestors
Grand Illusion
The Hour-Glass Sanatorium
On the Silver Globe
and The Ballad of Narayama (1958 version)
>>
Othello (1951)
Top Hat (1935)
The Big Parade (1925)
The Freshman (1925)
Sparrows (1926)

Did you like Hiroshima Mon Amour? Personally I didn't care for it. Last Year at Marienbad was really good though.
>>
I have Hiroshima on my backlog for years. Is it good or pseudo artistic drivel like most of french films?
>>
>>85164100
Both
>>
Silence
Hacksaw Ridge
The Age of Adaline
Hunt for the Wilderpeople
Last Life in the Universe
Green Room

Hunt for the Wilderpeople, Green Room, and Last Life in the Universe were probably the best of those.
>>
ching chang chong
*ching chong piano keys play, you know the jinglew*
>>
Finally watched Seven Samurai.
Post WWII Japanese kino.
Loved it.
>>
>>85164041
Yeah I really enjoyed it, the sad longing is palpable
Emmanuelle Riva is gorgeous and did an amazing job, she expresses the tortured intensity of love so well in her face
amazing dialogue and intelligent and interesting theme, beautifully moody cinematography and scenes

fucking awesome film, I can see some people not liking it due to simplicity but that makes it a more tight interesting film

>>85164100
good movie
>>
File: Yawning2.jpg (310KB, 849x565px) Image search: [Google]
Yawning2.jpg
310KB, 849x565px
>>85163492
>>85164041

>Watching films made before 1972
>>
>>85164100
It's good for a French movie. There are better French films out there though. Check out Max Ophuls.
>>
>>85164458
>watching films from '72

Star Wars didn't come out until '77. If you watch anything made before that then you're a hipster reddit faggot who should kill yourself.
>>
American Psycho
The Machinist
Warrior
The Game
Adaptation

I liked The Game a lot, Warrior was good
>>
File: good cat.jpg (222KB, 1283x550px) Image search: [Google]
good cat.jpg
222KB, 1283x550px
Spiderman trilogy (Raimi)
Shin Godzilla
Made in Britain
Third Part of the Night
Umberto D
West Side Story
La Ciociara
China Girl
Bad Boy Bubby
>>
File: 1penis.jpg (128KB, 600x1250px) Image search: [Google]
1penis.jpg
128KB, 600x1250px
>>85163492
>Arrebato (1979)
dropped it 3/4 in, it's shit
>Kairo (2001)
loved it, very nice spooky movie without fancy special effects or jumpscares, just an interesting story
>Oslo, August 31st (2011)
the guy is literally me, the part when he says "i'm 34, i can't start from scratch" really hit close to home, i'm much younger than him and i feel this way, very sad movie
>Silence (2016)
it was good, i recently found out about this movie, although if Scorsese was trying to make me feel about jesuits he failed miserably, the japanese were right in every aspect
>Life (2017)
very bad Alien ripoff
>Possession (1981)
Adjani is a fucking qt, and a very good actress too, i didn't know anything about the movie so the part with the monster really took me by surprise, very good shit
>>
>>85163492
For me, it's
ইন্ডিয়ানা জোন্স অ্যান্ড দ্য টেম্প্ল অফ ডুম
إمبراطورية الشمس
رنگ ارغوانی
拯救大兵瑞恩
And 丁丁歷險記, the 2011 release
>>
>>85165030
>the guy is literally me, the part when he says "i'm 34, i can't start from scratch" really hit close to home, i'm much younger than him and i feel this way, very sad movie
im not much younger than him :/
>>
>>85165030
>i'm much younger than him and i feel this way
Go fuck yourself, you're no too old to start from scratch, you're just too fucking lazy.
>>
>>85165102
the dream is over dude
>>
>>85163492
HAven't a clue what those films are.

I finally got round to that Fate of The Furious last night though. Really good addition to series, would highly recommend.
>>
>The Night of the Hunter
Pretty good but definitely overrated. Has some very dark stuff mixed with some dumb comedy. Nice work with the shadows and good performances from the kids.
>Force Majeure
Heavy handed and overrated. Also I didn't laugh at all but cringed instead. Interesting shots and performances but not subtle enough.
>Una mujer fantástica
Very good and beautiful film. Excellent debut for Daniela. It had potential to show a lot more.
>Sangre
Intriguing. I liked the importance and the message behind the setting. Much more subtle than what you think at first and very strong ending. Felt just a tad bit confusing due to the messy editing.
>>
>>85163492
>films
Those are flicks my plebeian friend
>>
>>85163492

>I Believe In You
A quaint British movie exploring prisoner probation.
>L'argent
Tolstoy novel turned into a very disjointed movie about things snowballing, worth watching though.
>Young Frankenstein
fun bits that get tedious after a while
>The Talented Mr Ripley
A 3 hour chick flick mystery warning sub-par men not to deceive women for personal gain.
>Detective Story
Seems like a vehicle for Kirk's acting career, so there's some great acting, I just can't bring myself to get past the first 15 minutes.
>Bronson
Loud and obnoxious. Little self-awareness from a big guy.
>>
>>85163492
Owl and the Sparrow - decent. Predictable but enjoyable romance story, great scenery.
A lot of Ozu. Banshun's ending was a really heartbreaker. Some of the visuals are humorous once you find out that he was subverting the US's post WW2 media censorship/pro-american propaganda laws.
>>
>Le Feu Follet
I loved Oslo August 31st and both films were based on the same novel so I knew I had to watch Le Feu Follet as a follow-up. Both made me feel like complete shit. I probably shouldn't have watched them until I'm more stable.

>Through a Glass, Darkly
Also made me feel like shit, especially that last scene about love and God.

>In the Mood for Love
Only got 40 minutes in before I had to stop but I'm liking it so far.
>>
The Void
Trainspotting 2
Everybody Wants Some
A Better Tomorrow
Mildred Pierce
>>
Citizen Kane
Sullivan's Travels
Roman Holiday
All About Eve
City Lights
Dodsworth
Easy Living

I've just been getting into Classic Hollywood these past few months, there's still tons more on my queue
>>
>Taste of Cherry (1997)
Pretty boring in every conceivable way, but I don't regret watching it. I feel like I ended up projecting a lot into a mostly silent and to the point protagonist.
>Gueros (2014)
Sweet, slice of life, road trip film. Pretty light on the plot and social commentary, but hardly devoid of it either. I enjoy it lightly poking fun at student protesters and all similar marxist movement in general. They're almost always romanticized to the point of absurdity.
>In the mood for love (2000)
Looked extremely beautiful. Loved the cinematography, framing, costumes, all that good shit. Surprisingly funny at times. Felt for the characters. Might appreciate it more on a rewatch.
>Catch 22 (1977)
10/10, I can't even tell you how many times I watched by this point. One of my favorites.
>Tom at the Farm (2013)
Closest Dolan came to not being a pretentious hack. Still pretty shit though. Potentially interesting plot wasted on what I'm forced to assume is Dolan's fetishistic roleplaying.
>La Dolce Vita (1960)
Ashamed to admit this is the first time I watched it. Great film. Extremely beautiful and rich. Cinematography, acting, plot, themes... 10/10.
>>
>>85166246
>all these for the first time
back2reddit
>>
>>85166327
>Cinematography, acting, plot, themes... 10/10.
Zoinks!!
>>
>>85166411
What did he mean by this?
>>
Uncle Buck
>>
>>85166462
Great film. Extremely beautiful and rich. Cinematography, acting, plot, themes... 10/10.
>>
>>85166355
no u
>>
>>85166246
>Oscarbait
>>
>>85166478
Meant to quote >>85166462
>>
Ching Chang 2: Revenge of the Cheng Chung Chong
>>
>>85165225

>31574862
>>
>>85163492
Did you like On the Silver Globe OP?
I've watched it recently too but didn't really enjoy it, though the costumes were neat.
>>
>>85163492
>On the Silver Globe
What a disappointment. And I don't mean the missing scenes, the narration actually lent the film a certain charm that I thought worked in its favor. What I mean is, the most interesting part of the story is almost completely skimmed over: how the new civilization on that planet began. It all just suddenly happens and falls into place, then we follow the much less interesting Marek character. When rock music started playing during the crucifixion I knew the film was completely empty. 4/10 at best, in my opinion, and I really wanted to like it.
>>
File: tipuje fedore.gif (2MB, 331x248px) Image search: [Google]
tipuje fedore.gif
2MB, 331x248px
>OP
>>
>>85164041
Last Year at Marienbad shouldn't work but it does, and it's beautiful
>>
File: pepe jew 911.jpg (44KB, 506x298px) Image search: [Google]
pepe jew 911.jpg
44KB, 506x298px
tfw you say "reddit" to people who are proud of their taste in movies and the entire thread devolves into shitflinging
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.