[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm not seeing Dunkirk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6

File: bn 12.39.11 AM.png (683KB, 1070x868px) Image search: [Google]
bn 12.39.11 AM.png
683KB, 1070x868px
Jeremy said it's boring and dull in many moments, and there isn't any character development. Sounds to me like a Transformer like movie, but it's getting praised like Boyhood. Do NOT see this movie. Let it flop.
>>
>>85161991
>character development
>in a movie that takes place over a fucking day
>>
>>85161991
EH WHAT UP LIKE OKAY MARVEL MOVIES ARE REALLLY LIKE REALLY COOL BECAUSE LIKE I GREW UP WITH THE COMICS WELL OKAY NOT THE COMICS BUT I DID SEE SPIDERMAN CARTOON ONE TIME WHILE I WAS TOUCHING MY BUTT HOLE SO AS YOU COULD TELL I'M A BIG FAN OF BATMAN SO WHEN I SAW BATMAN V SUPERMAN IT HAD A LOT OF POW POW POW AND IT WAS LIKE VROOM VROOM VROOM AND I WAS JUST LIKE NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER AND WOAH WOAH WOAH THIS MOVIE IS HELLA FRICKIN EPIC I LOVE RICK AND MORTY GOLLY GEE DAMN WOAH

SO I GIVE GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 3 A THUMBS UP

HELLA FRICKIN EPIC
>>
>>85162019
maybe over the course of the day a main character can learn to overcome something? Maybe he's afraid of the water but learns to overcome it because when he was a child he almost drown (shown in a flashback) or something like that?

I mean, give us (the audience) something to become emotionally engaged too.
>>
Get some real friends
>>
I saw it, pretty intense with Zimmers score,and HOW TF do you get backstories in the middle of the war," oh my wife's at home with our baby" who the fuck says that while getting gunned down the whole time, the whole time they're trying to SURVIVE and get off the bloody beach. This movie immerses you into the war not the characters
>>
>>85162034
He shits on Marvel movies. He hated Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and said Spider-man Homecoming was awful
>>
>>85162075
>this is the capeshit audience
>>
>>85162403
Backstories=/=development retard
>>
File: ugh fucking white men.jpg (330KB, 1404x962px) Image search: [Google]
ugh fucking white men.jpg
330KB, 1404x962px
>>85161991

You were going to watch this fucking White Male Power Fantasy in the first place?
>>
>DUDE TOO MANY WHITE MALES LMAO

Jeremy is the worst kind of person
>>
>>85162499
You realize he gave it 4.5/5 stars right? He liked it.
>>
>>85162075
Lol. Post your script.
>>
>>85162499
>WWII
>Too guy centric

Im tired of this revisionist history of WWII, it's just insulting to the men who died to dismiss their stories now because "too many men".
>>
>>85162567

Thank god he deducted a half star because of it's historical white penis washing.
>>
>>85162595

You're aware there were just as many brave women involved in the war effort as men, right? Yet, not surprisingly, we nearly always get White Males making movies about the White Male experience in WW2.

Thank god for Wonder Woman.
>>
>>85162614
i could fap to that b8 its that thiccc boi
>>
>/tv/ - literally 14 years old
>>
>>85162614
>WW2
>wonder woman
>WW2-1
Learn some history before you post again
>>
>>85162019
Kek, that's such a shitty excuse. Die Hard was able to do it. Jurassic Park waa able to do it. Gtfo you brainlet.
>>
>>85162075
holy fisher price my first narrative batman
>>
>>85162600
He didn't deduct it for that. SJW's (and /pol/beards as well for that matter) don't operate on levels of nuanced, it's either amazing or it's terrible. If he was actually upset over the whtie men thing he would have condemned the movie entirely.
>>
>>85162675

Yeah, what a great response from a typical know it all who can't handle criticism from a woman.

No, I won't show you my tits.
>>
>>85162019
So why make a movie that takes place over a fucking day? Why make a movie with zero character development?
>>
>>85161991
Like I'm gonna let some literal who jewtuber stop me from watching the return of Baneposting
>>
>>85162567
Look at the number of stars retard
>>
you know, you dont have to pay to see movies, so your argument is invalid
>>
>Taking Jahns seriously when he gave SKWAD his second highest rating
>>
Like I would listen to Jeremy Fucking Jahns of all fucking critics.
>>
>>85162793
The story. I'm not even joking, Nolan has always been a conceptual director. It's as if you motherfuckers haven't seen anything by him. He has never had a proper character, even one akin to or as simple as Luke Skywalker, in any of his films. It's not his thing, and he'll be eternally handicapped by it.

Fucking hell even Michael Bay can do characters and character drama better. Not to mention he actually knows how to shoot action sequences.
>>
File: 1500440704055.jpg (13KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1500440704055.jpg
13KB, 240x240px
>>85161991
>watch one bad review
>yep its shit guys can confirm I will never watch it

Am I on /v/
>>
>>85161991
>Jeremy said
why should we care, guys a pleb, might as well tell me what screen junkies think.
>>
>>85162698
Wonder Woman wasn't set during WW2 you retard
>>
File: 1500132777985.png (140KB, 986x492px) Image search: [Google]
1500132777985.png
140KB, 986x492px
>>85161991
>>
>>85161991
>there isn't any character development in a Nolan film
well blow me down
>>
>>85163261
>implying there is a difference.
>>
>>85161991
Whatever happened to just watching a movie, then deciding whether or not it's shitty? I'll admit, I watch Jeremy's videos, but I don't take his opinion seriously. He gave Suicide Squad his second highest rating.
>>
>>85162075
>maybe over the course of the day a main character can learn to overcome something?
you mean like the german army?
>>
>>85161991
Not what I'm hearing - A lot of people have been praising how amazing the film looks and how each scene is comprised - but character development seems to be the main problem people are complaining about -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je2NNnn8cBY
>>
>>85163436
Or Watch Mojo
>>
>>85161991
>listening to other people's opinions
>>
File: 1491699469041.png (228KB, 404x314px) Image search: [Google]
1491699469041.png
228KB, 404x314px
Is this real? Is /tv/ now taking the opinion of a literal cape-wearing manchild as valid?
>>
>>85161991
The moment i saw it was directed by Nolan i knew i wouldn't watch it. He is a fucking hack.
>>
>>85163743
It's his most well-executed film, maybe ever. Almost no dialogue, no close quarter combat so no poor choreography. Most of his usual weaknesses are not present.
>>
>>85163824
He can't direct action sequence to save his life.
>>
>>85161991
He said Drive was boring and dumb with no car chases and no character development.
>>
>>85162019
This.
Not every character has to fucking develop you autists
Shit if you are only going to know a character for a short period of time sometimes they should be shallow or it feels like the depth is getting forced in.
>>
who the hell tolerates a traditional ww2 movie these days? everything has been said about it. Even fucking History Channel stopped doing documentaries
>>
>>85164749
Because it's not the usual traditional "let's kill all the ebil nazis so heroic" ww2 movie, it's a thriller suspense movie about transporting 400 thousand defenseless britbois from that beach while being in constant danger of being completely BTFO'd by nearby Stukas, torpedos or bombs.
>>
>>85164892
so... saving privates ryans
>>
>>85162075
maybe you'll show some character development over the course of this thread and will eventually make a post that isn't full retard
>>
>>85164921
No, saving private ryan is about "the heroes" who talk about their wifes and home sweet home while killing as many nazis as possible, the only valid comparison would be the fear of being BTFO'd by MG-42's on D-Day, but that's a physical fear (hence all the spilled guts and dismemberments) while Dunkirk plays more in the psychological fear category.
Dunkirk is not the same, there is no talk about their sweet families, there is practically no means of defense, they are mostly young scared shitless britbois who just want to survive and get the fuck out of there by any means possible.
>>
THE HORRIBLE BRUTALITY OF WAR
NOW IN IMAX™ 3D

Nah I'm good
>>
>>85161991
>character development
Dunkirk confirmed pleb filter. character development isn't a necessary component of a film, depending on what the filmmaker is trying to do/achieve. or maybe Jahns is just too stupid to see the subtleties of character's changing, making decisions against their character etc. because of his overexposure to capeshit which has caused him to become mentally impotent.
>>
>>85162697

These retards need to read. That was actually quite balanced review. He deducted Half a star because Zimmers score annoyed him. He also says he knows that making the characters anonymous though intentional didn't achieve it's intended effect but he also the movie has so many positives and new ideas that should be watched on the big screen and discussed about.

There's difference between that spastic fanboy Jahns and a critic who writes for Roger Ebert's Website.
>>
>>85165177
Jeremy Manchild Jahns is used to the "normal everyday guy turns to a literal roided world-saving superhero" character development, he doesn't know what subtle even means.
>>
>>85164967
btfo
>>
>>85162464
But he loved Suicide Squad. That alone invalidates every other opinion he's ever had.
>>
>>85161991
He's just upset that there are white people in it.
>>
>>85163527
I laughed harder than I should
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.