[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

well this was a waste of my fucking time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: Untitled.jpg (15KB, 182x268px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
15KB, 182x268px
well this was a waste of my fucking time
>>
This thread is a colossal waste of space
>>
>>85149813
I hate movies like that. Like you're vaguely interested in it enough to check it out, and then about 30 minutes in you realize that this is not going to get any better, but you tough it out because you are an autistic completionist and must see the whole thing through.
>>
Can I get a summary that's not on imdb?
>>
>>85150070
Seconded
>>
>>85149813
does anne hathaway show her feet
and
does the monster show it's feet
>>
>>85150070
Alcoholic woman (Hathaway) goes back to her hometown after being dumped by her boyfriend. Finds out that if she goes to a playground during a certain time, a monster materializes in Seoul copying her movements.

<interesting part ends here>

Her childhood friend who never left the city (Jason Sudeikis) found out that he can also appear in Seoul as a giant robot. Bullies her into staying for reasons. Anne Hathaway travels to Seoul instead, monster materializes in her hometown and kills Jason Sudeikis.
>>
>>85149813
Can someone explain the bs ending?
>entire fucking film it's established that the monster only appears when she's in the playground at the right time because of events in the past
>suddenly being in asia at that time generates the monster in america with no explanation
And that's without her magical ability to somehow accurately be able to figure out where the monster is in relation to what's-his-face

I liked it until then though
>>
>>85150614
>>85150667
sounds retarded

Is the vaguely feminist theme why it was received positively by critics?
>>
>>85150762
I didn't notice any overt feminist themes. There were parallels/allusions to domestic-violence but that was it. There weren't any "you go girl" moments.
>>
>>85150070
>>85150357
Self-obsessed cunt leaves her city life and ""controlling"" boyfriend after she fucks up for the umpteenth time to go "back home". There she finds childhood friend guy who seems nice enough and gives her a job and furniture (yes). Then a monster appears in the exact same place she is across the globe (Korea) and she eventually finds out she can control it. Nice guy somehow can do this to with a robot (or vice versa, I don't really remember). Meanwhile they both work out exactly ZERO of their issues and learn absolutely nothing apart that she finds out nice guy is actually a complete cunt and the monster/robot are a manifestation of both of their toys in the past, when as kids, the guy was so jealous of her he trashed her school project which happened to be a miniature of (DUN DUN DUN) Seoul, South Korea. I am not shitting on you. Because why wouldn't a kid that's a bit of a shithead turn out to be a horrible horrible person (for an unspecified reason)? She then goes to Korea so the monster can appear back home and kill the guy. And nothing is learned.

Truthfully this is another of Nacho Vigallondo's "I can't believe more than one person thought this could make a good movie" scripts which can have really good results (see Extraterrestrial) but ultimately fails the mark by not being funny or dramatically compelling. It is fucking weird and still worth a watch because of it but don't expect much.
>>
>>85150667
>And that's without her magical ability to somehow accurately be able to figure out where the monster is in relation to what's-his-face
How is it magical? She is in front of the robot so it stands to reason that if it works the other way around, he's in front of the monster. All she has to do is hit him first. Picking him up was a bit retarded but if that's the point at which you call bullshit it's like you didn't watch the movie leading up to it.
>>
>>85150614
>>85150890
Thank you
>>
The alcoholism/monster conceit was interesting, but it was sort of ruined by leaning into the uneven 'nice guy is actually mean and now antagonist' thing.
>>
>>85150762
if there's anything feminist about it, it's probably the fact that Hathaway's character was never likeable or relatable, while Sudeikis started out nice (sympathetic even, what with his wife leaving him after being "bored") but turned into a psychopath. movie ends with unlikable woman killing a ???? bad man.
>>
>>85149813
This would be a lot better if it was about Anne Hathaway growing to a gigantic size and drunkenly stumbling around cities and bullying her ex-boyfriend.
>>
>>85149813
would have been better if hathaway being in the park caused a colossal hathaway to appear in korea
>>
>>85151219
There's nothing feminist about it. The good guy is a woman the bad guy is a guy. The movie barely attempts to justify either why we should like the heroin when she's completely despondent of everyone else and why we should dislike the villain other than he did something shitty as a 7 year old, he treats his friends like shit when he's mad and his wife left him because whatever. The characters aren't developed/evolve enough to make any sort of inference. Bad guy was always an asshole; good guy was an asshole but with a heart in the right place.
>>
>>85150762
its not so much an outright feminist theme as it as an attack on guy slike Sudeikis who control not just women but any person in their life through intimidation and violence.

The guy didnt do the description justice because he is a woman hating manbaby because the threat wasnt just "reasons". Sudeikis threatened to level a city of millions if she left so thats a pretty god damn important thing to not leave out.
>>
>>85150614
Does she turn into a giant when she gets to Seoul?
>>
>>85151960
Also this >>85151669 sort of but Sudeikis and Hathaway are about as developed as they need to be.
Her guilt about being a drunken idiot makes her extremely susceptitble to being manipulated by Sudeikis, who is motivated by feeling insignificant and jealous.
>>
>>85152032
no, nobody knows what she did.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.