[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

John Wick vs. The Raid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: johnwickvstheraid.jpg (315KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
johnwickvstheraid.jpg
315KB, 1000x1000px
Which series is better action Kino?
>>
>>85147923
The Raid>John Wick>The Raid 2>John Wick 2
The raid is better overall IMO. They are both great though. Better question, Dredd 2 when?
>>
>>85147923
As true actionkino?
The Raid 2>John Wick 2>The Raid>John Wick
>>
>>85147923
john wick is white and not a 4'3 frog gook so he wins
>>
>>85148358

Fucking thank you anon!
>>
Action movies are trash worse than Horror and Sci-fi
Get some taste or go back to imdb
>>
>>85148435

Fucking A, just FUCK OFF ALREADY!!!!
>>
Liked John Wick 2 enough when I first saw it in the theater, but I liked it less when I recently rewatched it.

Too many guys running towards him from out of frame just so he could judo flip them and shoot them in the face.

It worked in the first movie because the majority of the action setpieces were in relatively close quarters (his house when they first try to kill him, the back and upper levels of the nightclub, etc), but it feels less organic in Chapter 2 in big open sets like the museum.

The catacombs sequence was fucking rad, though.
>>
File: 1275680476764.jpg (26KB, 251x199px) Image search: [Google]
1275680476764.jpg
26KB, 251x199px
The Raid 1>The Raid 2>John Wick 1>John Wick 2

People kicking each other in the face > people doing gun kata with cgi guns

everytime, all day
>>
John Wick>Raid>Raid 2>JW2
>>
The raid movies are absolute trash and I have no idea how anyone can like them. They fucking reused the last boss of the first movie as a gook-fu hobo.

JW1 is really good, 2 is more of the same without the novelty of the first.
>>
>>85148133
I agree.
>>
>>85147923
Raid. Wick is Boondocks Saints tier, second one especially, like some teenage boy's embarrassing fantasies
>>
>>85148951
yea how dare they reuse a talented artists in the second film!
>>
>>85147923
The Raid is overrated shit. Ong-Bak is the superior martial arts movie.
>>
File: 1499524401322.jpg (101KB, 816x779px) Image search: [Google]
1499524401322.jpg
101KB, 816x779px
Reminder that John Wick had the best wickfu.
>>
The Raid is better. John Wick is reddit trash.
>>
>>85148951
Agreed.

Although, John Wick Chapter 2 is better than the first John Wick.
>>
>>85148133
raid 2 is better than all of them
>>
Raid 2 ending is legitimately beautiful and makes me emotional every time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbA5FLLy94c
>>
Raid movies are shite but slightly obscure so it's no wonder /tv/ gets hard over them.
>>
>>85149648
wick movies are shite but they're autist power fantasies so it's no wonder /tv/ gets hard over them.
>>
>>85149881

Go fuck yourself. The Raid movies are PURE GARBAGE compared to the John Wick films.

FUCK YOU!
>>
>>85149090
DUDE TRIPLE REPLAYS LMAO
>>
>>85149917
Fuck off with your absolute shit opinion
>>
>>85149648
>slightly obscure
They're like Netflix-tier B movies. How are they obscure? Because they're in a different language?
>>
File: autisimo maximo.gif (124KB, 480x281px) Image search: [Google]
autisimo maximo.gif
124KB, 480x281px
>>85149917
hit a little close to home didnt I?

The Accountant should be just up your alley. The ending scene will probably be very poignant to you.
>>
I don't see how they're even comparable. The Raid is martial arts and John Wick is action shooting.
>>
>>85150074
the budget for those two movies is around 5 million dollars, combined.

What they managed to do with little is pretty impressive. In hollywood you cant even have an actor turn to sneaze without it costing 15 grand.
>>
>>85147923
they are all equally shit for Redditors.
>>
>>85147923
The Raid 2>John Wick>The Raid>John Wick 2
The Raid 2 is what John Wick 2 wanted to be. I feel like R2 did a much more believable criminal underworld for the MC to move around in and become entangled in.
Meanwhile John Wick was a much better action movie than the original Raid due to the much more experienced cinematographer and director.
>>
>>85150016

No you fuck off with your even shitier opinion. The Raid fucking is garbage dude compared to John Wick. Accept it and move on.
>>
>>85147923
Wick and it's not even close. Raid has too much "bad guys dance around and take turns challenging the hero one at a time using blunt weapons" shit.
>>
The Raid 2 > The Raid > John Wick >>> John Wick 2
>>
How does this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe0nQ0TeZjU

Movie compare to raid 1/2. Worth watching?
>>
>>85150644

I agree! It was cheesy AS FUCK at times and the action was not as good as John Wick!
>>
The one that's not gook trash
>>
>>85147923
They're both equally kino, assuming the definition of kino is brain damage inducing garbage for imbeciles.
>>
>>85151576
Actually just watched it. It's not as good but, it's definitely worth a watch.
>>
>>85150400
>I feel like R2 did a much more believable criminal underworld for the MC to move around in and become entangled in.
>Meanwhile John Wick was a much better action movie than the original Raid due to the much more experienced cinematographer and director.

The Raid 2 had the better coordination, actually I don't know. They were both great in that department.
>>
>>85150644
They are both cheesy in the sense that it's over the top action. They are not meant to be realistic.
The world is set for us to see some action, and in the Raid 2 and John Wick we get context on why the action is happening.
I didn't feel like John Wick 2 or Raid 2 had any out of place dialogue or actions.

Also the Raid 2 had plenty of one vs many type of battles that lead up to the "boss battle" antagonists which were pretty cool.
John Wick 2 had similar one vs many confrontations that lead to a 1v1 fight and vice versa.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.