[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't get it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: Enemy_poster.jpg (32KB, 282x400px) Image search: [Google]
Enemy_poster.jpg
32KB, 282x400px
I don't get it
>>
>>85144177
It's about a man at war with himself. It's the two sides of his personality. The spiders are a symbol that he feels trapped in relationships.

So there aren't really two people, just one guy having an identity crisis
>>
giant alien spider invasion
>>
Anyone read The Double by Dostoevsky? How similar is that book to this?
>>
>>85144324
not at all. dosto's the double was remade into a film by that reddit guy who looks like the product of a semen cocktail of every race. i dont remember his name

villneuve's enemy was based on saramago's book 'the double' which is more or less the same except for the ending
>>
>>85144177
It's Spider-Man 3 sequel. Really.
>>
File: web.png (858KB, 1339x691px) Image search: [Google]
web.png
858KB, 1339x691px
>>85144241
When they crash the cracked car window looks like a web is this a symbol that he can't escape his relationship?
>>
>>85144177
Its about an invasion of space spiders, which can replicate humans.
>>
>>85144324
What the antagonist is supposed to represent is different. Haven't seen the movie but I'm guessing its supposed to be more of a straight up antagonist.
>>
>>85144241
Impressive. Four sentences that pretty much sum up the whole film.
>>
File: 1492242545229.jpg (449KB, 612x666px) Image search: [Google]
1492242545229.jpg
449KB, 612x666px
>>85144380
It was Ayoade
>>
>>85144177
Idris Elba
>>
File: rat4.jpg (209KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
rat4.jpg
209KB, 720x960px
>>85144177
I didn't get it, showed it to my libtard ex because I figured she'll like it because of how "artsy" it is, she actually loved it
>>
>>85147149
No wonder she is your ex now since you are too retarded to understand entry level arthouse films.
>>
>>85144324
This movie is based in the book from Saramago.
>>
>>85147392
you just have a low threshold for being amused and entertained so you are capable of finding boring movies interesting.

You shouldn't feel proud about having low standards.
>>
>>85146397
is he married to the girl he co-starred the IT Crowd with?
>>
>>85144241
high quality content
>>
>>85147638
coming from a low iq pleb that is quite amusing and for the record i havent found it amazing it was just decent
>>
>>85144241
I didn't feel an identity crisis from the movie, for me it's more about him being dictated by pleasure which turns his life into chaos, and the other self is like his true self.

But I didn't like the movie, it's so elliptical that it seems that Villeneuve couldn't give the movie a meaning so retards like me and you will make one for him.
>>
>>85147392
This isn't arthouse though, this is pleb house.
>>
Jake is a hack.
>>
>>85144177
I really really like this motion picture
>>
>>85144177

It's a plot inversion of Vertigo, only completely retarded.

There's nothing to get, Villenueve is a hack.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.