/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /tv/ think of Con Air?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

File: Con-Air-font_m.jpg (216KB, 700x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Con-Air-font_m.jpg
216KB, 700x1050px
What does /tv/ think of Con Air?
>>
>>85141329
To me it's like a low key classic that signifies a certain cultural vibe hanging around in the 90's. Which was pretty comfy.
Not very memorable or engaging but it's very entertaining.
>>
>>85141329
I enjoyed it back in the day.
>>
Is that poster claiming that Malkovich was played by Cage, Cage was played by Cusack and Cusack was played by Malkovich?
>>
>>85141329
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbGyIhLJ6tA
>>
it's garbage
there's a couple funny deliveries by cage and malkovich but overall boring, too much crappy dialogue and too little action
>>
>>85141505
Every poster does this. It has to do with the bigger actor getting their name placed where they want it, but the picture usually never lines up.
>>
>>85141505
that's a common negotiation thing I think, if they read the same then one actor would get both prime spots
>>
>>85141433

Yeah I agree that, The Rock and Face/Off are my favorite action movies

What happened to cage he was on a role?
>>
>>85141648
he kept doing the same stuff but it got unpopular
>>
It's based af. Only literla numale redditors could dislike it.
>>
>>85141329
Watching Sky 1 lad? I'm watching it. I liked when action movies used to be violent. Die Hard with a Vengeance was on recently; you forget how much blood is in that movie.
>>
File: bigguythemovie.jpg (93KB, 690x1041px) Image search: [Google]
bigguythemovie.jpg
93KB, 690x1041px
>>85141329
MULTIPLE big guys in a plane.

its basically what the dark knight risers should have been. true classic
>>
>>85141648
>The Rock and Face/Off are my favorite action movies

That reminds me, a trademark of Con Air and these kind of movies is that they're over the top and extremely incredible.

I don't know what happened to Cage really.
It's a bit like he doesn't really care that much about keeping up with Hollywood and a huge career. I can definitely see him make a (big) comeback within a couple of years though.
>>
>>85141728

Yep that's exactly where I am watching it

Forgot Dave chapelle was in it
>>
If a person in real life I meet tells me they don't like Con Air then I know exactly what type of faggot I'm dealing with

this has never failed, you should try it
>>
>>85141954
>I don't know what happened to Cage really.

He's in a shitload of debt. He's spent the last 20 years buying castles, vintage cars and comic books with money he doesn't have. Now he takes anything he can get. A lot of his new stuff seems to be geared directly towards the Chinese market, completely bypassing America and Europe.
>>
>>85141329
top-tier conservative kino and probably the best score/sound design of the 90s
>>
>>85142117
Also T-Rex heads
>>
Con Air is a legitimately great action b-movie. It's also far funnier that what passes for recent "hilarious" comedies.
>>
It is my father's favourite movie. He also watches Steven Seagal films every night without fail.
>>
>>85141799
TELL ME ABOUT GREENE! WHY DOES HE WEAR THE MASK?!
LOTTA LOYALTY FOR A RANGER GOON!
>>
Probably the comfiest action film ever. Whatever happened to action movie love song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Olo8gzgpC4
>>
>>85142191
your dad must be dumb
>>
>>85141329
A perfect movie
>>
>he's got the whoooole world
>in his hand
i can totally see how that song cured buscemi
>>
>>85142241
Hey Hey Hey Hey

be respectful to our elders
>>
>>85142241
He actually is, he's a taxi driver. I don't mind though because he is earnest
>>
>>85142205
What did he do to the little girl?
>>
>>85142406

She got /tv/ed
>>
>>85142406
He friendly played tea party with her, he does not browse /tv/
>>
>>85142117
>Now he takes anything he can get.
Yet he STILL won't make National Treasure 3!
>>
>>85142304
>>85142386
it was just a hunch, no offense intended

>I don't mind though because he is earnest

I rather have a dumbish guy with a big heart any day over a smart asshole
>>
>>85141505
No, you're thinking of Face/Off 2. Or possibly, Being John Malkovich 2: Freaky Friday.
>>
Con Air (r-rated) made $224m in 1997. That's roughly $336m today and that's not taking into account the emergence of the Chinese and other markets. Reminder that safe "cinematic universes" are the reason big budget movies are dying today. Studios would rather produce the same capeshit movie over and over again rather than invest in big budget action movies like Con Air.
>>
>>85142465
Did the second one make any money? I remember liking the first but can't remember anything from Book of Secrets.
>>
File: con air villain.jpg (186KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
con air villain.jpg
186KB, 1920x1080px
What was his name again?
>>
>>85142386
>a man who appreciates Seagalkino
Your dad rules, say hey to him for me.
>>
>>85142630
As a Bong, I remember the outrageousness of having a couple of Yanks crawl around Buckingham Palace. It was successful. Not Marvel successful though, which is probably why Disney isn't making any more. Plus I vaguely remember some falling out with Bruckheimer. Last I heard it was stuck in development hell, so it is likely dead. Pity, they were fun movies.
>>
>>85142521
No problem m8
>>85142649
Will do, anon
>>
>>85142869
>Hey dad, some guy on 4chan says hi

>What the hell is a 4chins?

>It's a website dad

>alright
>>
>>85142642
Connor Cooties
>>
>>85141329

>You see the irony right? We're in an airplane listening to a song by a band that died in a plane crash
>>
Why didn't he just put the bunny back in the box?
>>
It's an excellent cast.

>Nicolas Cage
>John Malkovich
>John Cusack
>Ving Rhames
>Colm Meaney
>Dave Chappelle
>Danny Trejo
>Steve Buscemi
>>
malkovich was god-tier in this kino
>>
>>85143615
When men were men, specially action movie heroes and villains. Not a single twinkie. Even the black trap was manlier than that uglo who plays Valerian or that Spidey travestite.
>>
>>85143615

>forgetting bubba

Also I am ashamed to admit I thought the faggot was a girl when I watched this when I was young
>>
its a classic and a true timepiece of its era
a bit like how kurt russel films define the 80s
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.