[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dunkirk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (76KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
76KB, 1280x720px
I was able to see a early screening.

I am not a huge Nolan fan, but god this is a perfect film. All joking and meme aside there no hand to hand action and very little speaking, so the two weakest points of his films are covered up.

Everyone is great, Mark Rylance perhaps the best. It just dives in and you blink and it over.

Seriously its the best film since 2003.

And I wanted to shit on it. I just can't.
>>
How's big guy in it?
>>
>>85135299
He quite good, there is not a bad acting job in the entire film, even the popstar is good. Big guy is one of the three main plotlines (One plotline is a naval guy and the little boats, one is mr. everyman trooper trying to get off the beach, and one is the air battle with Mr big guy in it.

You can tell they didn't CGI the airbattles. It was amazing.
>>
How is Harry Styles
>>
>>85135580
He did a whole hell of a lot better then I expected. You would assume he a new British actor who can act and not some popstar.

No one did a bad performance. T
>>
>>85135213
>no action
>little speaking
so its completely unrealistic to the Battle of Dunkirk and subsequent retreat. Good to know I don't have to waste money seeing this in theatres.

Also as a matter of principle anyone who casts boy band members is a hack.
>>
>>85135901
No you dipshit, there no hand to hand action.

There is plenty of action, just that you don't have them going into fistcuffs with germans.

It doesn't go over the battle of Dunkirk itself, the movie starts after the battle happened, and it focuses on the beach.

but I guess reading might be too hard for you, so go watch some cape.
>>
>French soldiers defended the english evacuation in Dunkirk

>The french army fought bravely to give enough time for the english soldiers to retreat to Great Britain

>The German general Waeger himself was very impressed, and estimated the numbers of french soldiers to be way higher than it really was, considering the fierce opposition they faced in Dunkirk

>Some french soldiers tried to flee with the english, several cases of french soldiers being pushed out of the boats by their english """""""allies""""""" have been reported.

MEANWHILE, in 2017

Dunkirk is released

This movie is all about praising the British soldiers, who abandoned the fight on the main land, despite this retreat which many considered as treason, the French army helped organise the evacuation and gave enough time for them to retreat

They were treated like shit at the time, despite their heroic act

Now this movie is out, and NO FRENCH soldier is shown, except some few angry french soldiers in the beginning,

Are you going to watch this shitty propaganda ?
>>
>>85136086
Hey now. You don't have to work blue.
>>
>>85137177
Are you crying in your white flag?
>>
>>85137177
French surrendering cucks being this MAD

France wouldn't exist anymore if it wasn't for the brits
>>
>>85138965
>Americucks not knowing history

Like clockwork
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.