[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is /tv/'s favorite Woody Allen film?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: BroadwayDannyRose.jpg (133KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
BroadwayDannyRose.jpg
133KB, 600x400px
What is /tv/'s favorite Woody Allen film?
>>
>>85134534
the one with the neurotic jewish guy
>>
The one where he marries his daughter
>>
>>85134534
sleeper
>>
>>85134693
*adopted, 18-year-old daughter. And they're still together to this day. They really do love each other
>>
Midnight in Paris. Top-tier comfy
>>
The label 'Reddit' is thrown around here pretty casually but never has the hat fit as snugly as it does on Woody Allen's bloated head. The man is a living, breathing representation of everything wrong with the film* industry.

Everything the man touches seems intent on making stupid people feel smart. Every shot, cut and line of dialogue feels like a not-so-subtle nudge to make the intellectually stunted feel like they're in on some intricate evolution in the art of plot.

The sad truth is that Woody Allen is indeed a genius. Not a filmmaking genius, but a genius at pulling the wool over the eyes of the stupid, ignorant and uncultured swine that currently shovel money into the pigsties of Hollywood.

Christ have mercy on cinema's legacy if this man is to be inducted within its great halls.

*I shudder to use the word 'film' in the same paragraph as the name 'Woody Allen' but it is unavoidable in this case.
>>
>>85134693
>>85134759
She isn't and wasn't HIS daughter.

>Soon-Yi Previn (born October 8, 1970) is the adopted daughter of Mia Farrow and André Previn, as well as the wife of Woody Allen.

But yeah, too many favorite Woody films to name just one.
>>
>>85134534
Annie Hall
>>
The Curse of the Jade Scorpion
>>
Hannah and Her Sisters
>>
File: francis woody marty .jpg (196KB, 1200x782px) Image search: [Google]
francis woody marty .jpg
196KB, 1200x782px
Hannah and Her Sisters, Crimes and Misdemeanors

Woody is a GOAT
>>
One of the early, funny ones
>>
The ones that didn't come out, great performances by those children
>>
>>85134534
You know, I like his films, except for that nervous fella who's always in 'em.
>>
>>85135150
butthurt: the post

Woody is bretty good desu. Why don't you make a film each year for the rest of your life and see how much of it is 'filmmaking genius'
>>
>>85135052
>>85135225
These or Manhattan
>>
>>85134534
I honestly don't think I've ever seen one.
>>
Play It Again, Sam

I don't care if he didn't direct it.
>>
>>85134534
Annie Hall
>>
Crimes and Misdemeanors
Hannah and Her Sisters
The Purple Rose of Cairo
Husbands and Wives
Love and Death
Sleeper
Match Point
Midnight in Paris
Blue Jasmine
Manhattan Murder Mistery

Seriously, this guy did so many kinos, it's impossible to chose one favourite. I never liked Annie Hall and Manhattan that much t.b.h.

His recent ones, Irrational Man and Cafe Society, were great though.
>>
bananas
>>
>>85134759
Either that or he has so much control over her over so long a period of time that she is literally broken mentally and probably can't interact with people normally. And I'll bet you any amount of money he cheats on her or is really into child hookers, or both.
>>
>>85136592
Sorry but he's shit and so are all his films. They're all total shit, every single one.
>>
>>85137322
nah
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.