[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 327
Thread images: 34

File: YOURHIGHNESS.jpg (841KB, 2500x1667px) Image search: [Google]
YOURHIGHNESS.jpg
841KB, 2500x1667px
What episode marked the demise of GOT's quality?
Granted it still has pretty great cinematography, but watching the earlier seasons vs. the later ones makes you wonder exactly where did all go so wrong
>>
File: CX.png (111KB, 228x201px) Image search: [Google]
CX.png
111KB, 228x201px
Pls engage
>>
>great cinematography
what did he mean by this
>>
File: shirtless-ramsey.jpg (52KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
shirtless-ramsey.jpg
52KB, 1280x720px
>>85132271
>100% DnD original plot
>Yara sailing around all of Westeros and then
>DOGS!!!!
>>
>>85132271
Stannis meeting Renly. At the time we all thought it was relatively minor the way they mishandled it, made Renly a punk bitch and omitted certain parts, but that was the beginning of them pushing and they got away with it and this is the result.
>>
Season 5
>>
After the so called rape of sansa stark. The backlash forced the producers down the SJW empowerment route
>>
When D&D got creative control.

ASOIAF is shit. D&D are shit. It's D&D moderating ASOIAF that is the incredible series phenomenon. Doesn't work when it's only one.
>>
>>85132606
this
the show had been steadily going downhill since the end of season 1 but this was the ultimate jump-the-shark moment
>>
>>85132271

when George's books ended, and they went full retard with powerful wymyn, evil old white guys must perish
>>
>>85133134
but he books are better than the show, even when the show was at its best
>>
>>85132526
it's fair to say the cinematography is good isn't it? granted any scene with the dragons is usually very poor and overplayed but the rest of the show isn't too bad
>>85132692
>>85132692
I think up to season 5 it was still god tier, tywins death definitely left a void but the show just started to fall apart regardless anyway
>>85133106
oh yeah I was wondering why there was such a push to shove so much sjw shit down our throats now, makes sense
>>
>>85132271
When Tywin died.
They hd made changes that were great while following the original framework.
The Ros story, the littlefinger/varys scene, the conversation between Robert and cersei etc.

But after Tywin's death the changes were just too ludicrous. The lack of logistics, the lack of sensible tax policies and their effects, the teleportations, empty castles, and lack of consistency in general. Like Khal Drogo dies from a festering scratch but Arya gets stabbed a gorillion times and falls on a canal full of shitty water survives fine. Then the shitty fanfiction plots you can see from a mile away like Dany marrying Jon Snow to make an alliance when she has a conversation with Missandei.

Fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>85133702
They only use 4 writers too even after surpassing the books and needing an original story. So it's no wonder when most big shows like breaking bad or sons of anarchy have 8 writers, that these 4 fuckers are delivering garbage that doesn't make any sense. It's a shame.
>>
>>85133392
Hell fucking no, you must be getting nostalgia goggles. ASOIAF is like 90% tyrion explaining how he likes to sleep with his dick inside a hooker and GRRMs hidden fetishes (scat, bestiality).
>>
season 3 gayness
>>
>Yes but what was their Tax policies! Did they kill all the little orcs!
>''KEEP ROWING HENRY''
>>
>>85132271
S05E01 for me
>>
>>85134103
still better than GOT post season 4
>>
>>85134103
yup, it's never been that good the books are just a fucking sexual fantasy for chodey Martin to wank over
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3b7fZIT0nk

it wasn't even a good fucking song
>>
>>85132271
It was the first episode of season 5 when I immediately noticed the decline in quality in terms of dialogue, and then it got worse. Everything started to become stupid.
>>
whenever the male characters crossed the 50% threshold of being dickless weirdos

all I see are a bunch of castrati, a dwarf, a fatass NEET, a one-armed sisterfucker, a psychopath with his face burned off, and a bastard zombie with no gf.

it's like Davos is the only normal man left in Westeros and Essos
>>
>>85134398
Even Davos had all his fingers cut in half.
>>
File: 523255235.jpg (77KB, 950x534px) Image search: [Google]
523255235.jpg
77KB, 950x534px
Bruh look at this dude...

LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD
>>
YAASS QUEEEN SLAYYY
>>
>>85132271
book 3
>>
Has anyone got that webm of Davos saying "how is babby formed"
>>
>>85134398
Littlefinger
>>
show became shit as soon as they could stop trying, ie after season 1

normies only care about WHAT HAPPENS, not how shitty the costumes and sets are, how terrible the dialog is, how little sense anything makes

watching a tv show is just the easiest way to keep up with plot points and events, but for the normie it has the same meaning as reading a synopsis on wikipedia
>>
>>85132606
Yeah that whole episode was dumb IIRC. It's when you knew D&D had the minds of teenagers and there was no hope when they got past the books.
>>
File: 8fd.jpg (34KB, 341x248px) Image search: [Google]
8fd.jpg
34KB, 341x248px
>>85134792
>people only watch it for the plot
>>
>>85134398
It's weird they kill off all the strong white men and leave women and retarded freaks.
>>
>>85134780
fair, but he's a ruthless murderer, lusts after his niece and runs a brothel. apart from john snow there's no man you can actually root for.
>>
File: 1488554056582.png (36KB, 343x241px) Image search: [Google]
1488554056582.png
36KB, 343x241px
>>85134669
>bellend helmet
Robert Strong don't look so scary anymore.
>>
>>85134669
Shre...Shredder?
>>
S02E01
Only the first season is watchable
>>
>>85134669
I love how he was introduced as Ser Robert Strong and in the next episode its Ser Gregor. Showrunners thinking everyone is an idiot that couldn't make 2 and 2
>>
>>85135817
That's because the average fan actually is.
>>
S01E01, never watched it and never will.
Bye
>>
>>85134103
do you literally think 90% of the books revolve around Tyrion having sex or are you being facetious?
>>
>>85134227
Yes, GOT was only good when it was D&D moderating the books.

On their own, they are utterly horrible writers.
>>
>>85136247
I've read the books. Only people who say they actually think they're good are retards who need to tell people "the books are better than the series" and to constantly feel superior to them, because they are actually inferior in every single way and need to justify not ending their lives immediately.
>>
>>85136820
The books are better than the series, the motivations of the characters are better explained, the sequence of events is more logical, the intrigue is compounded by the slower pacing, like a slow burn political drama wrapped in an action fantasy setting that is translated to the show, but with less impact.

There's nothing the show does better than the books, and the things the show did well in it's early seasons the books do better.

They aren't great books, but they're good books, and good books trump ok television
>>
>>85136942
Kill yourself immediately.
>>
>>85132271
I stopped watching after the red wedding. Should I go back and watch some more or am I not missing anything?
>>
>>85137047
If that's all you can come back with I win the argument by default

nice try kid
>>
>>85132271
Last episode of S3. It entered the PADDING dimension on top of poor writing.
>>
The dialogue with the arch maester was good. Reminded me of earlier episodes with Tywin.
>>
>>85132271
The episode with the horrible CGI skeleton warriors.
>>
>>85137050
There's a few good moments after that but the show turns to irredeemable shit in season 5
>>
I just finished watching the first episode literally 10 minutes ago. Should I just stop here?
>>
>>85133392
I disagree. Season 1 of the show was genuinely better then the first book. Season 1 had great character bits that weren't in the book, such as Robert and Cerise talking about their failed marriage.
>>
Honestly I think it just began to break down during season 4. They began to mess up Jaime's arc from season 3 and left the books a bit, but they could still maintain being a good show because of the sheer amount of content from the books being covered.
>>
>>85137460
>Robert and Cersei talking about their failed marriage
I see people shilling that scene on here all the time. Just watched it and it was unsubtle and had clunky dialogue? It was film-student level stuff. No coincidence or surprise that it was original content from the showrunners.
>>
>>85132271
Why are all their feet SO close together when they stand?
>>
>>85137437
No watch the full first season

It's unironically GOAT
>>
>>85137437
No keep watching the first 3 seasons are mostly just pure good shit, it gets clouded more and more with shit afterwards
>>
>>85137552
No manspreading
>>
>>85137400
Ok, I'll just move on with my life.
>>
>>85132526
I suppose he meant it's well directed, some episodes are really good in terms of production value and some of the actors do a great job, all things I do agree.
But story and some of the dialogues are painful
>>
>>85137552
Women and dickless men
>>
>>85133702
Best post in this thread
>>
There are no more normal characters. No more Roose, Tywin, Blackfish, Eddard, Catelyn, Robert, Barristan, Walder, Robb, Mance, Myrcella, Marjory, Tommen ... etc.

Just about every surviving character has some sort of crazy power or disability. I'm not kidding. Think about it.
>>
>>85137906
what the hell power does sansa,tyrion, jamie, or cersei have?
>>
Reminder that Cogman is the true evil, and the D&D have done nothing wrong:

Things D&D have done:
>adapted many scenes amazingly, such as Blackwater, Red Wedding, Purple Wedding, Mountain vs Viper
>Gave us the awesome Massacre at Hardhome, which the books only mentioned in passing
>made the show a success with plenty of top tier actors and actresses
>gave us the great Theon burning the letter scene
>Gave us the Robert & Cersei scene

Things Cogman has done:
>Fucked up Dorne with his fanfiction and talked D&D into doing it(HINT: They didn't want to do it)
>Asha(oh wait, no, i mean Yara, Cogmans fanfic name for her) vs Ramsay's Dogs
>put Sansa in Winterfell
>>
It got worse and worse as D&D started substituting GRRM's ideas for their own.

Doing so was probably necessary for a 10 hour/season show, especially as GRRM's storylines (some of which were dead ends) got more and more convoluted and more and more important characters were added.

Season 1 had the best pacing, but it was based on a 600-something page book, so it was easier for them to stay faithful to the source with the screentime they were given, compared to some of the later seasons that had to squeeze source material nearly twice that length into the same amount of screentime.
>>
>>85138098
>or disability

>sansa
can teleport and summon the knights of the vale
>tyrion
is dwarf
>jaime
one-armed
>cersei
fucking mental
>>
>>85137598
>>85137604
Ok cool I'll watch the first three and then see about it.
>>
>>85138145
Who's idea was that filler nonsense at Craster's Keep?
>>
>>85132271
I haven't went back and re-watched the older seasons but it feels like season 5 was the beginning of a noticeable drop in quality and it has never recovered for me. I only watch for a few characters now and just pick the rest apart.
>>
>>85138098
>Just about
>power or disability
Lrn2read

Also:

>Tyrion
Dwarf (disabled)
>Jaime
Le poetic justice swordfighter who lost his sword arm man. Also a sisterfucker and goes by "kingslayer". Real normal chap.

>Cersei
Incestuous terrorist le poetic justice obsessive mother who lost all her children woman. Also lives her life based on a prophecy a witch told her 30 some years ago. Really your everyday woman.
>>
>>85138402
how else would we get the extremely important and engaging plot thread about sam's depressive peasant waifu
>>
>>85138145
Is this confirmed? If so, he deserves to be shot.
>>
I'm going to have to say the episode where Jon went off to fight Karl Tanner. I know you guys love "the fooking legend" but as a plot element it was filler in it's purest form, and only there to give Jon something to do until the battle on the wall. This is now the norm; delay, fuck around and then deliver a big battle in ep 9 to smooth things over with the audience.

It was also one of the more obvious attempts to make a character interesting but giving him a few lines of "badass" dialogue rather than bother with characterization. Now every character is like that.
>>
>>85136820
Books 1 and 2 are good tho
>>
File: 1462276302467.jpg (11KB, 234x317px) Image search: [Google]
1462276302467.jpg
11KB, 234x317px
>>85133702
>the lack of sensible tax policies and their effects
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
File: 1499717319379.jpg (38KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1499717319379.jpg
38KB, 720x720px
>>85132271
>rewatching series
>it's another dany episode
ENOUGH
>>
>>85138495
No I mean this shit>>85138607. The stuff with Craster himself and Gilly was in the books.
>>
>>85138638
grrm in response to "how is GoT different to LotR?" said something like "Tolkien never talked about Aragorn's tax policies"
>>
>>85138850

>GoT tax policies
>"He's like, really good with taxes and makes, like, lots of money"

Bravo Martin!
>>
>Bread. And two of those little fish
>And a mug of dark ale to wash it down
>And bacon...burnt black

/comfybreakfast/
>>
>>85138607

I believe the shirtless Ramsay scene happened before this.

Season 4 had some good moments and was overall likable, but it was when they really started to push the filler crap like the botched Theon rescue attempt and this scene with Karl Tanner, which ultimately led to nothing. Season 5 was just downhill from there. They completely abandoned plot lines they had set up earlier, they killed off characters simply because they didn't want to pay as many actors, the Sons of the Harpy were inhuman (afraid of death) and impossibly numerous (how the fuck did no one notice the hundreds of people carrying giant gold masks and putting them on in the Colosseum?). Of course the absolute low point had to be the Dorne story line, where they abandoned Jaime's character development to instead have him go to the desert to have a poorly choreographed fight and terrible dialogue with the Sand Sneks, simply because Oberyn was popular.
>>
>>85132271
It was a complete snore fest after the end of the season with Red Wedding.

Each season after that was 1st episode with some action/story progression, then non-stop, boring filler until the last episode and season finale again with some action and story progression.
>>
>>85138974
The books go much further into the nitty gritty of ruling. The show, not so much.
>>
>>85132606
This is my vote. There are still good moments and episodes after this - mostly shit lifted from the books - but there was no reason for this entire plotline to take place, let alone be so terrible.

Well, we'll always have seasons 1-3, and parts of 4...
>>
Does anybody have a character and motivation in this series anymore, beyond "we need to wrap things up Dabid"? Watching Tormund being subservient to King Jon, Sansa becoming Cersei 2.0 so we miss her less when she's offed, not to mention Dany's flock of Ladies in Waiting is painful.
>>
ITT:
>Filler started in season 4
>Dany in Qarth wasn't complete and empty filler
>>
File: photo.jpg (64KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
64KB, 900x900px
>>85138607
>It was also one of the more obvious attempts to make a character interesting but giving him a few lines of "badass" dialogue rather than bother with characterization.

Wow I didn't even realize he started that trend. To be honest I always sort of interpreted it as him just being a braggart (since the whole badass quips things wasnt the norm yet at that point) who ended up finding himself in a position where no one (until Snow) could oppose him. It helps that the guy who plays him (who I've only seen in TDKR and Pacific Rim) is charismatic enough to pull off such narm. Also I like memes as much as the next guy.
>>
>>85135067
>not rooting for the murderous pimp
>>
>>85139068
>the Dorne story line
What a fucking mess. When I found out Jaime was going to Dorne, I actually thought it was a good idea.

Just move Jaime's adventures in the Riverlands to Dorne. You can still retain his basic character arc but also have a more natural introduction to all the characters in Dorne, since one of the main characters is interacting with them.

Instead we got... what we got.
>>
>>85132271
Season 4
Episode 1
>>
season 4 was when it started to disappoint me more often than not
>>
File: GRRM.png (23KB, 951x357px) Image search: [Google]
GRRM.png
23KB, 951x357px
>>85134103
>>
File: fookin digustin.png (152KB, 300x319px) Image search: [Google]
fookin digustin.png
152KB, 300x319px
>>85138607
>>
>>85132271
I like Missandei's catgirl outfit here
>>
>>85138402
Quick question here, what's everyone's problem with this? It goes down almost exactly the same in the books, but in the books you don't see what happens after Sam bails from Craster's. Bran ending up captured there is pretty retarded, but doesn't everything else play out just like that in the books, with Jon leading a mission to murder them all, etc? I may be wrong, it's been a while. It also makes sense for the Night's Watch to ride out and fucking kill the treasonous cunts, but everyone I talk to thinks it's stupid.
>>
>>85139357
>>85134103
Who else had a descriptive shitting scene like that? I vaguely remember Ser Davos having similar trouble at some point. Then there is Tywin who didn't shit gold. Anyone else?
>>
>>85139177
Everything involving Dany is filler. She hasnt had a single interesting plotline even season 1 is mostly just cool because we get to see cool savages and an annoying spoiled princeboy get slapped around and eventually killed in a cool scene.

It legitimately would have been better to just have her die on the pyre but have the dragons be birthed and then boom bam magic returned to whatever the entire world in GoT is called.

>>85135067
You can root for bad and neutral guys you know
>>
File: 1490679046593.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1490679046593.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
Who wants to bet that there will be a confrontation between Jon Snow and Dany and that the dragons will listen to Jon because he also has Targaryan blood and is male.
>>
>>85139853
I'd kinda laugh my ass off, even if it's retarded the feminist butthurt would be worth it
>>
>>85139474
>but doesn't everything else play out just like that in the books, with Jon leading a mission to murder them all

Short answer, no.
>>
>>85140274
So the mutineers just sorta hang out at Craster's?
>>
>>85139124
Hardly
>>
>>85140352
Nine mutineers remain at Craster's Keep with his food and wives.[6] Five betrayers later wander in the haunted forest, planning to head south over the Wall for a warmer climate. However, they are killed by Coldhands and his ravens. Summer, the direwolf of Bran Stark, finds the bodies and eats parts of the meat

That's all that happens.
>>
>>85139215
>narm

back to tvtropes you go
>>
File: 1500303497860.png (1MB, 1088x858px) Image search: [Google]
1500303497860.png
1MB, 1088x858px
Can we talk about the costume design

What the fuck is this meant to be

Also why is all the armor made of plastic and fibreglass now, the first season had great armor
>>
>>85140720
looks like what most of the iron born have been wearing the whole series tbqh
>>
>>85137906
This + Stannis. It's crazy how many normal honorable white males get offed
>>
>>85132526
I think he means production values even though he doesn't realise it. The sequence with Sam in the citadel in the recent episode was the first interesting use of film as a medium I've seen in the entire series
>>
>>85133392
wrong
>>
>>85140581
Makes sense. I still don't mind Jon leading a group out to kill them, though. They did kill the Old Bear, plus Jon's all honourable and shit, and I could see him wanting to bring justice to the traitors/free Craster's wives. What bothered me about that whole thing was how Bran just happened to be there, and narrowly avoided being reunited with Jon. It was such a glaring coincidence.
>>
Literally what house was Sansa planning on giving the umber and karstark castles too? Also what happened to the boltons?
>>
File: KrY9dh2.png (1MB, 1440x1560px) Image search: [Google]
KrY9dh2.png
1MB, 1440x1560px
>>85140720
The latest fashion from iron topic
>>
Stannis has Targ blood too

he is the chosen one
>>
>>85132271
3x10, paper shield fuckup
>>
God damnit the Dany storyline is so terrible. It's always been bad but it's just getting worse.

And now she just gets handed a fucking giant abandoned fortress.
>>
List of show-only moments that were GRRM-tier:

>Littlefinger/Varys verbal dueling in the first few seasons
>Robert/Barristan/Jaime telling war stories
>Roose and Walder mocking Robb after the Red Wedding, while a lackey mops Robb's blood off the floor
>Robert/Cersei marriage discussion

That's it, lads.
>>
>>85141189
mary sue
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDhu2BLNeG0
>>
>>85141112
What boltons?

The last one was Ramsey "shoot a bitch at 500 paces Bolton" and he got eaten by his own dogs.
>>
>>85141112
Since Ramsey died I guess Sansa is lady of the Dreadfort? Though I don't think D&D has even thought about it.
>>
Why is the costuming so bad all of a sudden? Everything is painted plastic disguised as armor or raggedy brown leather
>>
>>85141252
Dungeon & Dragons are such dumb cunts ruining the show with no survivors
>>
>>85138607
remember how the jon rescues the wives but they conveniently tell him to leave without them.
>>
>>85140720
Cyberpunker
>>
>>85141352
Easier for cosplayers.

Or they actually think it looks good
>>
>>85133305
T H I S
>>
>>85140720
he's like that in the books
>>
>>85140720
it reminds me of the king arthur movie outfits
>>
I still don't understand how Arya can suddenly wear the mask of a dead person and mimic his voice.

She never was taught that shit. She only stole a face once from the hall of faces which is completely different.
>>
>>85141037
But what point did it really serve? Did the characters grow? Did it add any new perspectives into the world of the show? Did it progress the plot forward?

The answer is no, it was just something for Jon to do before the battle for the wall.
>>
Only reason I still havent skipped this ed sheeran ad.
>>
>>85134780
L o l

Mire liken sansas little beta orbiter.
Fkn little bitch. He used to be so cool.
>>
File: 1500393399154.jpg (1MB, 2500x1667px) Image search: [Google]
1500393399154.jpg
1MB, 2500x1667px
>>85141650
forgot pic...
>>
>>85141603
>But what point did it really serve
There are so many loose storylines that do not serve a single point and feel like complete filler.

You could easily cut all of it and have 5 episodes per season with actually interesting stuff happening.
>>
>>85141603
You're not wrong, but it wasn't as egregiously shitty as, say, Jaime and Bronn's wacky road trip to Dorne. Jon acted in a believable way, and even got his ass hilariously kicked by the Fookin Legend. It's not exactly a stand-out moment, but everyone seems to talk about it like it's one of the worst scenes/plot lines in the show.
>>
>>85141597
>he wants to watch tens of episodes of arya and the faceless cunts ripping off faces like crazy necromancers in some cheap gore movie

NO

Arya should fuck off
>>
>>85141783
Would still have been better episodes than all that shit with the waif
>>
>>85141847
the whole faceless story is cringe
>>
>>85140720
>What will he do next?
>Whatever the fuck he wants.
>>
>>85140720
this fuckig baby face

I could never take him serious
>>
>>85140912
That scene seemed like a homage to Better Call Saul.
>>
>>85141703
I would fucking love to double foot slide tackle that fucking dwarf
>>
>>85132271
>What episode marked the demise of GOT's quality?

Without a doubt, The red wedding. The only truly interesting, Shocking and enjoyable story line was the Starks vs The Lannisters. It was a great and shocking scene but everything after feels pale in comparison
>>
>>85132271
>There isnt at least 30 minutes of gratuitous nudity
>Its gone to shit
>>
>>85141766
I was using it as an example of when the rot set in. It's by no means the worst of the show's mini plotlines, but it bears all the similarities to the bad stuff that happens in season 5 and 6.

The plot exits for Jon to do some sword swinging and kill a bad guy and that's about it. But the writers never think about how dumb Jon looks in the meantime. After losing so many men at the fist of the first men, Jon takes even more men over the wall to kill the deserters, even though he knows full well that they are completely doomed. He then suggests that the Night's watch men will be able to tell the wildlings things about castle black, but seemingly forgets that the wildlings are led by a former Crow and already know that most of the Night's watch got killed by Others.

This shit is far worse in season 5 and 6. Dorne is the other big example, but Jon is treated much the same. In order for the battle of the bastards to be hopeless, the writers make Jon a retard. He's supposed to be a smart commander and candidate for king, but he screws everything up... then gets made King anyway with no consequences.
>>
>>85133409
Only an American could overdo the superlatives by deeming a shitty sadistic story as "god tier".
>>
They ruined tyrion
Got went to shit when he escaped
>>
>>85142546
The deserters telling the wildlings the truth about the number of defenders at castle black is a real problem, though. They think there's a thousand men, but in reality there's like a couple hundred. If Mance found out, he'd just send his army to steamroll the Wall, instead of sending a smaller force to test their defenses.
>>
>>85139357
Yeap, that's why I can;t be watching this show any more, it all comes from the twisted perverted mind of that troglodyte who revels in killing everyone's favourite characters so he can snigger on his sweat encrusted sofa chair picking bits of cheese out of his facial forest.
>>
>>85144540
Where did this meme that Martin kills characters for the lulz come from? GRRM kills characters for one reason and one reason only. It allows him to end a characters plot arc that he either doesn't know how to end or doesn't want to take the time to end
>>
the show has just steadily declined
first 3 seasons were pretty great (despite 2 and 3 having at least one dodgy substory each, dany yelling about dragons and theon being tortured for 10 episodes straight) but they also had 3 strong and focused books to rely on

seasons 4+5+6 arent helped by the fact that a whole lot of stories from the (definitely weaker than the first 3) books get combined or scrapped also i dont know if D&D stopped caring but the original content from them just feels rushed and dumb, the great things about ned, the red wedding, tywin and even oberyn x gregor was that there was build up, not just a bunch of characters we dont give a shit about getting brutally murdered, also really not a fan of them just wanting to reuse scenes that were hype as fuck, comparing dany being reborn in the flames in season 1 as we think her journey might be at its end to her just being fireproof and killin niggaz for the lulz
>>
>>85141210
missing the viserys scenes (bath, getting angry at qt slave / drunk and wanting to steal dragon eggs)
>>
>>85141210
karl tanner the fooking legend is the best OC

that or stannis' wife keeping fetuses in jars
>>
Mark my words, game of thrones will be considered star wars prequel tier one day.
>>
>>85145572
who else is planning on making a 2 hour ish autism ridden review of the whole show once its done?
>>
>>85144719
It's probably a meme by now through peoples observations of it actually happening to nearly everyone people were rooting for.
I'm not really saying it from a meme just an actuality of me watching the show.
It's a chore to watch since season 5 mainly because I'm sick of the dragon woman story line and it takes up avast majority of the airtime.
>>
File: khaleesi.jpg (82KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
khaleesi.jpg
82KB, 1080x1080px
Will Daenerys be barefoot this season?
>>
Girl on the left looks like a tranny
>>
>>85145695
>Girl on the left looks like a tranny
She looks like Bella Thorne.. so yeah I guess you're right.
>>
>>85145747
What was her name again, in the show? Trying the actors name
>>
>>85140720
did they stealthly change euron's actor?
>>
>>85145791
Alys Karstark
>>
>>85145675
what am I looking at here
>>
File: tumblr_oebr5w5ci51qg1kxbo7_1280.jpg (58KB, 900x659px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oebr5w5ci51qg1kxbo7_1280.jpg
58KB, 900x659px
>>85146138
Ah I see. Pretty sure she is a girl (female)
>>
>>85133106
webm? I must've tuned out way before this. Season 3 or 4 I think
>>
>>85134687
I jacked off to that scene tonight
>>
>>85139357
did they film this scene ?
>>
>>85134669
AHAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: jaime.jpg (285KB, 1638x1092px) Image search: [Google]
jaime.jpg
285KB, 1638x1092px
Normies ruined GOT

Reminder that normies only like this show b/c dragons R cool n sheet and Dany is YASSSSS SLAY KWEEN according to reddit, twitter, facebook, and the press.

This is the direction D&D have taken.

They ruined Jaime. They inserted the bear island jailbait to make a statement about strong women n shit. Nothing makes sense anymore. They are only going for epic scenes rather than a story where individual scenes make sense as a larger part of the plot.

The hound looking into the fire LMAO.
>>
>>85137460
>Season 1 of the show was genuinely better then the first book.
feels good knowing I'll never be this retarded.

They cut one of the best passages from the book (ned's dream about the tower of joy) and added shit like the conversation you are talking about or Cersai/joff conversation. Both are retarded and pointless to please niggers like you.

End your life now or don't you're hardly living being so fucking retarded anyway. fucking nigger brainlet. You deserve modern GoT. fucking nigger.
>>
File: dany.png (3MB, 1916x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dany.png
3MB, 1916x1080px
It's been in decline since Season 3, but if I was to choose one event as the turning point in the series it was probably the backlash over Sansa's rape and how the directors got scared to do anything to trigger sensitive feminists from that point onward. Ever since then it's been shit. Also

>When Dany stopped being thicc
>>
>>85146338
are they really dating?
>>
every male character in GoT is disabled, a eunuch or unimportant (bronn) or Jon Snow. Fyi I consider sams fat to be a disability.

heh its womanztiem.
>>
>>85146908
the burgur of dragons
>>
File: cercei_3.jpg (62KB, 417x532px) Image search: [Google]
cercei_3.jpg
62KB, 417x532px
Jon and Dany are the most boring characters and they're supposed to be the mains.

I unironically root for Cercei now even though GRRM probably kills her early in the TWOW.
>>
>>85146827
>The hound looking into the fire LMAO.
That was fucking awful. I have a feeling they wanted to go for like a Prisoners of Azkaban Sirius Black fire CGI thing, but they spent all their episode CGI budget on boats and a castle.

Speaking of harry potter, how about the fucking restricted section of the library? You can tell that D&D watched too much harry potter while writing this season.
>>
>>85136188
You should watch it, edgelord.
>>
>>85146935
I have no idea
>>
>>85139124

Nah, GRRM is a hack who thinks he knows a lot but actually his knowledge is really limited and it's about tropes more than real medieval history
>>
>>85147006
They burnt all of their money on CGI meme dragons so normies could talk about how Le Epic XD dragons are.

That scene feels like the editors accidentally deleted the footage and said, "let's just zoom in on some fire, no one will notice".

They literally could have just recycled Bran's greensight vision, editing out the three eyed raven.

Nope. 10 seconds of fire and very little explanation.
>>
>>85132606
I can forgive the departures from the book but this whole episode was abysmal and made no sense at all. To make it worse it was basically filler. This episode could have been removed and no one would notice.
>>
>>85132271
when they stopped showing tits every episode.

when it became feminist
>>
>>85134669
what the FUCK were they thinking? why are all of the kingsguard in this autistic getups now?
>>
>>85147334
that whole scene - after all the retarded memebaiting they were doing with fat boy - felt like the music was going to draw in and the fire would get zoomed in on and everything would get really intense, and then sandor would just be like "no you cunt it's just fire, fuckin retards"

i was waiting for it the whole time
>>
The episode where Yara went to save Theon but ran away because Ramsey had a key to a dog cage.Her men surrounded him and could have cut him down long before he ever released a single dog and even if he did release a dog it would have been no real threat to anyone. That scene left me scratching my head and with every season since then there has been more and more horribly put together scenes like that along with simplified dialogue and Hollywood tropes everywhere. I don't even look forward to the rest of the show.
>>
>>85146908
would bury my face all day in there
>>
>>85133106

It was gone way before that.
>>
>>85148364
I was waiting for that and I'm glad it didn't happen.
>>
>>85134669
What's with the cylon?
>>
> chronic complaining
That's the real problem. Do I blame you? No. I've seen the same behavior within every other board. Either games on /v/, books on /lit/ or gadgets on /g/. If it's popular, the hate begins. It's part of the cannon of 4chan.
You know how to recognize a bitter and negative person? They only talk about what they hate. It was Eisenstein the first to elaborate a theory of cinema criticism. "constructive criticism" he called. If you had nothing good to say about the film, then silence would be the proper way to deal with it.
I never see a single thread focused on appreciation of the show. Only complaining. And the complaining gets each time more ridiculous and subjective. From the material used to craft costumes, to the color of a character's hair. For example in this very thread, while some said that cersei and robert talk about marriage was great, others insisted on complaining about how shit it was.
My point stands. Why are you so bitter? Why don't you like anything? Why all you do is complain? Is it prolonged virginity that made you that way? Why not talk about the things that still pleases you on the show?
> Nothing pleases me anymore
Then why do you keep watching and talking about?
>>
>>85132271
It went down hill when there stopped being any kind of mystery to it.
>>
>>85138436
So your complaint is that the characters have personalities? This is an 18+ board you know.
>>
>They actually gave the dickless soldiers sleeves

I guess someone clued into how fucking retarded it looked before.
>>
>>85150172
There's a small comic that ilustrate this dilemma perfectly, but I've lost it unfortunately. Even so, I will attempt to describe it:
There's a lesser man laying on the floor. Naked and dirty. Almost Savage. From a higher balcony, there comes a man with a Garbage can. He throws all the garbage on top of the naked figure below. The man starts scavenging the garbage, madly, rolling around the dirt, looking for something, going through every piece of shit and rotten food, desperately. He then proceeds to eat whatever he finds on the discharged lot, but while he fills his mouth with the garbage and the scattered remains, he screams on top of his lungs: "GARBAGE! FILTH! GARBAGE"
The more he eats the more he screams. He fills his mouth with garbage and fill his lungs with air. He chokes, coughs, vomits, and continue eating and screaming unstoppably: "GARBAGE! FILTHY GARBAGE!"
Another man who watches the scene from above asks the one who hold the garbage can: "does he always do this?"
"Every time" replies the man.
>>
It was all downhill after season 1 really
>>
>>85150172
Complaining is discussion. Discussion is healthy. If you want these people to ever grow up and get better taste, then you should encourage them to keep vocalizing their thoughts on shit like GoT until some of these individuals decide to get into actual film.

>If you had nothing good to say about the film, then silence would be the proper way to deal with it.
This is probably never true, but it's definitely not true with people new to the art (and, let's face it, most GoT watchers are probably not experienced critics). When you are new to criticism, you should vocalize every opinion in the strongest way you can and have honest discussions about your thoughts. This is the strongest way to grow your tastes and your understanding of art.
>>
>>85132271
Quality went down somewhere in season 3... possibly first episode of season 4 at the latest
>>
>>85141703
why are they all standing like that?
>>
>>85132271
what this series needs (and what made the older seasons good) is to play with the viewers expectations and then catch them off guard.
it has become too predictable.
>>
File: 1500320096639.jpg (26KB, 541x540px) Image search: [Google]
1500320096639.jpg
26KB, 541x540px
>>85132271
why does daenarys and co look like medieval black ops agents or some shit now
>>
>>85141352
you think they actually hand forged all the lannister soldiers armor or some shit?
they were always fiberglass and plastic, not sure what you are talking about.
>>
>>85132271
s02ep01
>>
>>85150892
>Discussion
There is no discussion in these threads. It's chronical complaining. I've seen complaints here that surpassed the range of autism. I've seen complaints about the length of an actress' hair. About the size of a horn. About the calligraphy of a letter.
The truth that they will die before confessing is that they love the show. To the core of their hearts. Love them so much that they fail to see clearly. Every scene that doesn't turn out as they wanted fills them with disappointment. And so they come here to complain.
When you're watching something like GoT, you must embrace suspension. I see a lot of praising here, the most toxic kind. The source material is cheap and incomplete. The writers do what they can with what they have. It's not like Tolkien, who was absurdly Superior to the fatman. It's not like The Hobbit, an infantile but gorgeous work of literature, and was butchered, mutilated and defecated by it's adaptation. The GoT writers did the best they could with what they have, and they have a very cheap and poorly executed work of fantasy fiction. The quality of the writing declined severely after the series surpassed the books, but you can't blame double d for that. If anything, blame the fat man. He knew what he was getting into when he signed with hbo. He knew from the very start that a tv series is not a movie saga. It can't stop. It has to be anual. He knew he would have 5 years to complete winds of winter, and he knew he couldn't do it, but he agreed to sell rights to an adaptation even so, knowing that it would surpass his writing pace, knowing that the tv writers would be on their own by the end. If the last season suffered, martin is to blame.
> Every opinion must be vocalized
That's a quick way to hint how stupid you are. The world would be a better place if dumb people knew the proper time to shut up and listen. Now is a good time for that.
>>
>>85148135
Yeah something I noticed is that the Lannisters and Daenerys' crew have gone full shadow the hodgheg mode for this season
>>
>>85151861
There is some bad discussion and some good discussion, but regardless there is plenty of discussion (in this very thread).

Regardless, I don't see what relevance your paragraph defending the showrunners has to my post. The show is bad, regardless of where we place the blame, but still my post wasn't even about that. You're just rambling.

>That's a quick way to hint how stupid you are. The world would be a better place if dumb people knew the proper time to shut up and listen. Now is a good time for that.
These people don't know they are dumb or making bad critiques. Which is the exact reason they should post, so people can call them out. I'm sure you have made plenty of bad posts on your path from being a pleb to watching Eisenstein.
>>
>>85140960
retard
>>
>>85140720
I think they changed the armourer/ costume designer in season 3 or 4, which is when the drop in quality armour comes about.
>>
>>85140720
is he an Earth Rocker?
>>
>>85146908
I'd marry that arse.
>>
>>85151861
110% right.
Dont waste the energy explaining to these plebs. My brother in law is probably in here shitposting about GOT when he loves TWD, people are fuckheads like most in these got generals
>>
File: 1445734096072.jpg (35KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1445734096072.jpg
35KB, 640x480px
>>85134669
>>
>>85132271
It was the normies. The normies ruined everything.
>>
>>85132271
Season 4 episode 1 Scene 1.
>>
>>85141766
>Jaime and Bronn's wacky road trip to Dorne

Illuminated what was happening in Dorne, namely, the plot by the Sand Snakes to get revenge on the Lannisters, setting up them joining forced with the Tyrells. Led to the death of Myrcella, which is important for Cersei and Jaime's motivation. As shit as it was, it serves much more of a purpose than the little excursion to Craster's Keep.
>>
>>85147135
Sure whatever but the books deal more with the minutia of ruling than the show does.
>>
>>85132271
I'm watching S7 now

It's bad. Really bad. Shamefully bad. It reads like a shitty short story written by a high school student.
>>
>>85154022
Would you care to explain how it's bad and/or different form the quality the show has delivered so far? Nothing has changed m8, its melodrama set in a fantasy land.
>>
>>85152176
There's never good discussion here though, only bad. Pretty much ever /got/ will be non stop bitching until the show ends because everyone here is incredibly negative about entertainment for some reason.
>>
>>85141112
It's a good question. The only Northern Lords that supported Jon were Hornwood, Mormont, and some other show-only house that I can't remember.

Really, Jon's reasoning for letting the heirs of Last Hearth and Karhold retain their holdings is sensible. Those are children after all and while Jon could punish them, he doesn't NEED to do so. Especially when few in the North supported him anyway.

Really the only question is the Dreadfort, which he should probably just take for himself, rename it, and leave Winterfell to Sansa since it is rightfully hers.
>>
>>85141252
I wish Sansa would admit that after what she did to Ramsay she has embraced the Bolton traditions.

She finds out she is pregnant with Ramsay's child.

She gives up Winterfell to the White Wolf, Jon Snow, and takes up the Dreadfort as Lady Sansa Bolton, and raises her son to continue the Bolton lineage.

...but then I'm a Bolton-fag
>>
>>85143692
No, Mance was a black brother. He has also been over the Wall several times in recent months. He knows what the watch's strength is.
>>
>>85132606

Looking back at it, I think this was the exact moment it truly plummeted. You realized how incapable everyone writing and directing was.
>>
>>85154022

Makes you wonder how much better it could have been.

>that revenge fantasy granted to Arya

Jesus Christ this is what happens when you let fanfiction faggots write shit
>>
>>85146138
>>85145695
Well in the books Jon mistakes her for Arya for a moment and Arya is said to be "horse faced". In fact Sansa and Jeyne Poole nicknamed Arya "Arya Horseface" at Winterfell.

So this seems like good casting. Hair color is all wrong though.
>>
>>85132271
i unironically think its gotten better, dont get me wrong some episodes still suck but the first two seasons were like "how much titties an cock can we show to keep they inbred fucks watching our show"
>>
File: 1417424042343.jpg (65KB, 399x600px) Image search: [Google]
1417424042343.jpg
65KB, 399x600px
>>85146827
>They inserted the bear island jailbait to make a statement about strong women n shit.

The whole training women for war thing is dumb.

Sure, if the enemy is coming over the gates it makes sense to have every able-bodied person fight, but that is a desperate last stand situation. Otherwise you do not want women soldiers. You cannot afford to lose armies of women on the field because if you lose all your women... you can't get more soldiers.

How do you replenish armies in between campaigns? Largely through successive generations of men coming to fighting age. That is only possible with women giving birth and a woman is pregnant for 9 months and is then caring for the child for another 15 or so years until the child can reasonably be expected to fight in at least some capacity.

If humanity meets the Others head-on with gender-balanced armies then they will lose in the long run. You can wipe out 80% of the male population and still recover your numbers but you cannot wipe out even half that number of female population (of child-bearing age) and hope to recover.
>>
>>85146999
I root for her too just because EVERYTHING and EVERYONE around her is against her.

She's the underdog.
>>
the fantasy/supernatural elements of this show are fucking terrible.

they are not interesting and like all tv shows that do religion/supernatural shit they become worse as the series goes on and they have to reveal the mysteries and mystique that kept you engaged. it's proof that the writers used gimmicks to keep you around and got lucky. but statistically speaking if you get lucky doing something and succeeding you shouldnt keep doing it because you'll get exposed.
>>
>>85154738
>an undead army that doesn't give a fuck about campaigns
>implying you'd have time to raise another generation of soldiers when society is being wiped out

Now this is autism
>>
Would it hurt to give the costumes some fucking colour, jesus.
>>
How many guys on 4chan are bitter about women?
>>
>>85132271
Killing/Writing off good characters and keeping the bad ones alive.

Tywin, Stannis, Allister, Littlefinger (soon in the season finale), Margery etc.

This has always been a soap opera, when you kill the good characters your show better be ending soon.
>>
>>85154819
The Undead don't seem to move very fast. The Long Night also lasted a generation. So it's not like it was just a lightning invasion that was sent back taking place over a few months.

It appears to have been a long-drawn out struggle.

In any case, your premise is rather faulty. There is no reason to believe the Others don't also think in terms of strategy. They are not mindless zombies. They are clearly thinking, reasoning beings.
>>
File: IMG_3405.jpg (25KB, 640x386px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3405.jpg
25KB, 640x386px
What will their scene be like /got/?
>>
Dropped this shit ages ago, is Cleganebowl still confirmed?
>>
File: 202eac2f4332ae98de60e1fbe637175a.jpg (127KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
202eac2f4332ae98de60e1fbe637175a.jpg
127KB, 1280x720px
>>85154840

>best helmet in the shows is never fucking used

This is painful because it just shows they actually had potential to make good stuff.
>>
>>85154738
>, but that is a desperate last stand situation.
That's what this is supposed to be.

The 7 kingdoms has by in large completely spent when it comes to fighting men. They're facing an enemy unlike anything 99.999% of them has seen before.
>>
>>85154817
Like you're saying, this is pretty much true with every fantasy show. But yeah the whitewalkers have lost all mystery and so a big part of the show's hook is lost. I don't really know how a show gets past this issue, though. Maybe they should've tried to build the main whitewalker's character up a little bit to make up for the lost intrigue.
>>
>>85154738
>>85154819

Autism is not pointing out that war needs more than fighting men. You need people to feed the soldiers, to take care of shit. D&D like to skip this crap which makes it all absurd, but guess what, you LITERALLY need women in the kitchen and they are actually much better off in terms of helping the campaign there than they are fighting with their weak ass frames
>>
>>85154937
>The 7 kingdoms has by in large become* completely spent when it comes to fighting men.
>>
>>85154937
>That's what this is supposed to be.

It is a fight for survival, but it is not yet a last-stand.

Send your women South where it is a (relatively) warmer and they are out of harm's way. Get them raising the next generation of soldiers.

That's of-course setting aside the fact that women are smaller and weaker than men and this is a world reliant on melee combat.
>>
>>85154817
also they have a time traveling kid who can go thru the past present and future apparently so i have no fucking clue why they dont use more creative dream sequences or cerebral shit (its literally just a bunch of cookie cutter flashbacks to show shit we all know)
>>
>>85154985
The Vale, Dorne, and the Reach have plenty.

Like I said, train the able-bodied women a little bit but don't put them out in the field marching with your main force. They serve the fight best by assisting with logistics in various ways.

The only time they should be fighting is if they can't flee and the enemy has reached them.
>>
File: IMG_1656.png (772KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1656.png
772KB, 1136x640px
Power gap
Power gap
First episode of 7
Power gap
Power gap
>>
>>85132271
Dorne is when it became obvious, why the hell was it in the show? What did it have to offer? They could have killed Myercella in another manner that wouldn't be so stupid
>>
>>85154449
hehe edgy bro
>>
>>85154967
Autism is nitpicking shit to death when the show has obviously shown its going away from historical realism. Why not train women/girls how to at least fight the walkers to increase your chances? Hardholme showed that the others will use whatever corpse they can get to fuel their army and do not discriminate on who they murder.
>>
>>85154937
and the night king has been walking for like 5 seasons now......this story has really dragged on way too long.
>>
>>85155090
When did Jon say in the episode he would put women and girls on the front lines?
>>
After season 3. The books get worse around this point too
>>
File: 1487999650067.png (2MB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1487999650067.png
2MB, 1080x1080px
>>85154922
not gonna lie that helmet is pretty badass.
also nice dubs
>>
>>85132271
The exact moment was when Daario's actor changed.

From then on, it all went tits up as all pressure for continuity fell away now that such a glaring change had occurred. The show makers themselves had a little bit of the respect for their own creation drop subconsciously without fully realizing it.
>>
File: DaarioComparison.jpg (50KB, 580x300px) Image search: [Google]
DaarioComparison.jpg
50KB, 580x300px
It was right when this happened
>>
>>85136942
I feel you bro
>>
>>85155217

You're a fucking moron, you are talking about possibly over a hundred thousand soldiers, do you think food falls from the fucking sky you fucking idiot? Do you think tents are made by the fucking birds? Who's going to make the beds after the soldiers come in after a long day of hard work and training?

Naturally, women being the less competent in combat it's up to them to take care of that shit. Rather than sending a breeder off to the front lines to get fucking killed she would be better off taking care of the campaign and helping to repopulate after many are massacred. If you put all your women in combat so that they all die and then you fucking win, you're fucked. If you lose, you're fucked anyway so who cares
>>
>>85155354
why did they even do this?
>>
>>85155354
how did I never notice this before..
>>
>>85155006
>send your women to where it's safe
>next generation of soldiers
>implying there's going to be a next generation of soldiers if the men fail and get assimilated into the undead forces before they march all the way to dorne killing every living thing they come across.

They don't have 20 years to raise another army to defeat the threat.
>>
>>85155553
Probably thought it would make more sense for Dani to jump into bed with Jon if he looks like her old fuc boi.
>>
>>85155553
>>85155623
the actor demanded a few more dollars in pay and they decided that he wasnt worth it and it was better off allocated to giving the QUEEN DANY a bigger paycheck
>>
>>85155090
>The Vale, Dorne, and the Reach have plenty.
Citation needed.

Sure they're largely untouched but they have enough men to defeat the undead army that absorbed the majority of the wildling army+ whatever amount they had before?
>>
This season is going to be soshit and impotent because there isn't a single thing to care about

I hope westeros gets hit with an asteroid
>>
>>85155648
for now, yes

but when all the dead of westeros start waking up, that's a different history
>>
>>85155635
as someone who hasnt read the books after seeing this first episode of the seasons its clear jon and danny are going to need to bargin for the dragonstone, hope they marry tbqh
>>
i wish this show got bad earlier, like season 3. instead it got bad at season 5 and i feel obligated to finishing since im already 70% done. fuck you D&D jews
>>
>>85155273
The message of the episode suggested such by screeching so loud about WOMEN STRONK TOO
>>
>>85133702
This
>>
>>85155750
>A show has never been good at the start, had a couple meh seasons, then got better again.

Kill yourself.
>>
>>85132271
REEEE why do they always give Missandei, who is unironically the most beautiful woman in the whole show and always has been, the most unflattering outfits now?
>>
>>85155806
if i thought this was true i wouldnt have a problem with it, but i 100% doubt it will get better
>>
>>85155726
Sorry but nobody knows if it'd be anywhere near enough. Are the armies fresh? Yeah. But more that doesn't mean they're strong enough to defeat the white walkers. On top of that jon snow doesn't know if he can unit all of these armies.
>>
>>85155119
Season 5 and 6 only have 3 good episodes between them
>>
>>85132606
my dad who hasn't even read the books saw this scene and said "what the fuck was the point of that?"
>>
>>85155750
> how to beat the tv jews
pirate the season, don't sub to HBO.
enjoy their product without paying for it.
>>
>>85155553
Ed Skrein (the first guy) left to do some reboot of a British series I've never heard of (The Transporter: Refueled).
I looked into it after I saw the same actor play Ajax in Deadpool and liked his performance there.
Except that I fact-checked it just now and found an interview where Ed Skrein said that he wanted to stay, but was fired.
Huh.
>>
>make a scene where Stannis loves his daughter and says he would do nothing to hurt her because he spent all his power to keep her alive from greyscale

>lol lmao i gotta burn u for da sun god the LITERAL next scene

when they decided that shock value > good consistent writing and characters

its why this season will be filled with shock what a tweest scenes. jon and dany fuck for more incest shock, littlefinger dying, jaime killing cersei etc. i really dont have a problem with those ideas but they are throwing them in their as a priority over good quality television
>>
>>85155996
This. After everyone lost their shit over the Red Wedding, DnD realised they could capitalise on this and go for muh shock and twists
>>
>>85156084
You act like they were shocked about the reaction to the red wedding. They knew day 1 what the community reaction was going to be like. I mean it's literally the entire reason the show got made at all.
>>
>>85156172
The general reaction yes, but maybe not Youtube being plagued with reaction videos and stroking DnDs ego.
>>
>>85156212
Nigger that was happening since the end of season 1.
>>
>>85134792
>how shitty the costumes are
my pham, there are many criticisms to be made of the show, but the costumes are not one of them.
>>
>>85141189
This annoyed me to no end.
Stannis would never have left his seat ungarrisoned
>>
>>85146598
nice
>>
>>85156419
even if he did they don't know that, the whole scene of dany just casually strolling in was fucking stupid, I expected a bunch of unsullied to go rushing in and dany and co following, it was so goddamn dumb
>>
>>85156633
>implying Varys the magical teleporting eunuch didn't know the castle was empty

>>85156419
It makes sense for tv show Stannis. He brought his wife and kid along with him, as if they had no home to back too. In the books they are brought to the wall, but left at East Watch by the Sea, not brought along on his march. I guess you could assume he took all able bodied men North for his last stand type of thing. He was all in.

But ya, that scene was done poorly to say the least.
>>
>>85141189
this. I never liked her plot, she seems to be handed everything magically yet displays no actual skills that she has had to earn. Jon Snow is strong but you can imagine that he has spent countless hours practicing swordfighting and archery in his youth. She seems to have ZERO skills at anything. Yes, she can command dragons but it's not really an earned skill, it's like something she was born with. She just walks around with a stern face and monotone voice and commands people to do things and they obey loyally. It really is a ridiculous mary sue storyline. I think this is why people like Jon Snow more than her and people only like her because of those phat ass shots in the first couple of seasons.
>>
>>85157364
>I never liked her plot, she seems to be handed everything magically yet displays no actual skills that she has had to earn. Jon Snow is strong but you can imagine that he has spent countless hours practicing swordfighting and archery in his youth
I definitely agree about dany but I think this is more just a matter of the show runners being poor writers. I say this because jon is starting to become like this. Sansa should be queen of the north. Not Jon. Ramsay should have won the battle of the bastards, not Jon. He's nowhere near as bad as Dany but its still there.
>>
>>85132271
Season 3 was when the cracks started showing, When Barry the Bold died like a bitch it was beyond redeemable.
>>
>>85132692

This actually. The compounding changes after that progressively and steadily made the show worse and worse.
>>
>>85132271
Tywins death.
>>
>Killing Roose off in a retarded way when he could have just died in the battle with Stannis instead
Why did they do this again?
>>
>>85157977
>Ramsay should have won the battle of the bastards
Stannis sends them for a nice cool swim in the books, fuck off.
>>
>>85157364
>phat ass shots

you mean the saggy flat ass shots

come on seamus mcdougal stop pretending
>>
>>85132271
I dropped it when they killed off barristan to make time for romance with the dickless guy. It was offensively bad. There were issues before this though, I can't really remember them properly, it's been a while
>>
>>85133106
>rape of sansa stark.

You can't rape your wife. Stop using the term rape so trivially, you sound like a liberal.
>>
>>85160081
tips fedora
>>
>>85137598
*GOT
its Game Of Thrones, where did you get the "A" from?
>>
>>85146999
Cersei is such a shit person that ruins everything around her yet show insists on pushing her as a capable player with sansa respecting her and all the "my father didn't teach me for nothing" or whatever else queen bullshit that was.
>>
>>85132271
s2 ep1

its still watchable in the same way a trainwreck is.
>>
>>85155217
Ah so need to eat is now historical realism, got it. I agree though: why do they insist on everything being homemade when you can get perfectly good gabagool at the local walmart?
>>
>>85136942
There are a couple of things plotwise where i prefer the show. For starters, I hate character resurrection (including Jon Snow ) so I actively disliked it ever since the lady Stoneheart. I would have been ok with it If for some mystical reason Berric was the only person who could be brought back. I was kinda hoping it would be revealed that Lord of Light has nothing to do with it - Berric comes back on his own
So i was glad that Arya didn't pull the body from the river.
>>
>>85132606
Quality was declining before that, but this was the last episode I watched
>>
File: 1487353208260.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1487353208260.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
was it kino?
>>
>stormcucks claiming victomhood when white guy dies
>>
Season 2's season finale, Daenearys in yhe (house of something something, it's been too long). It was the first time they REALLY fucked up a good part of the books
By the time they reached season 5's Jaimie's adventure in Dorne it had been a meme show for a long time already
>>
>>85146827
>D&D
What is this meme
>>
>>85160607
look up the directors of the show you fuckwit
>>
Assuming Tommen, Marcella, Stannis, and Shireen all die, who is the actual legal heir to the throne? Who is the heir to Dragonstone? Who is the heir to Storm's End?
>>
>>85132271
Got stopped being good after Tywin died. So starting with season 5.
>>
>>85132271
>What episode marked the demise of GOT's quality?
The shadow monster killing Renly
>>
>>85160851
Other children's children of Robert's granfather. I mean thats how in works in real life
>>
>>85160659
>who is the actual legal heir to the throne? Who is the heir to Dragonstone? Who is the heir to Storm's End?

Cersie has legal right to throne, as she was the queen, and there are literally no direct blood descendants of Robert left (even if Cersies children were baratheons)

Storms End and Dragonstone do not have heirs, due to Baratheon line ending. Danerys has rights to take dragonstone due to the fact it was abandoned by Stannis, and storms end will be given a new lord by Cersie.
>>
>>85160957
Next in line should be Bobby B's paternal uncle. If none are alive, then the oldest male of Bobby B's oldest male paternal uncle. But where are they? Where are all the Baratheons?
>>
>>85150546
His complaint is those personalities are not realistic. It started as a medieval show and it slowly became a fantasy show.
>>
>>85160994
>Cersie has legal right to throne, as she was the queen
That's not how it works. Cercei's only right to the throne is "I control the treasury and I blow up people who disagree with me"
>>
>>85160851
Here we go, another post I see asking about legal heirs of the throne once the ruling dynasty is extinguished.
I must come to this board that the wrong time every single day, because I've said this exact same thing about 40 times in the last month or so.

I should really write this down in notepad and copy/paste instead of writing it from scratch every time[

I will give you a """short""" version which wont be that short but short enough.
If the main Baratheon dynasty is dead (Robert and his immediate family) it would pass to the nephews and cousins in the Baratheon line.
Robert has no heirs after Stannis and Renly.
Estermonts are not Baratheons and would not legally be entitled to any claim.
Cersei would only be legally entitled to rule as regent, but seeing as she has no children and commited adultery, It's pretty easy to assume she would be hanged or at least imprisoned / stripped of all titles. Obviously this would require everyone to know about Robert's children being bastards.

Bastards also CANNOT inherit and cannot be legitimised unless by decree of the king himself, and no other.
Essentially what would probably happen is all the great lords of the great houses and the high septon and all the other important people in the realm would hold a great council and decided upon the next king, or someone will take the throne by right of conquest or something. Really there is no actual written basis for this by GRRM so It's ultimately impossible to know and really rather pointless to discuss.

All the other disputes over kingship in the past have been the result of direct heirs claiming the throne / bastards being legitimised and causing scandals (I.E Targ / Blackfyre).
The Harrold Hardyng / Arryn dispute happened due to the fact every single Arryn is dead except Robert, and his legal heir is a great-nephew of the paternal line, who has Arryn blood.
>>
>>85160956
>introduce an overpowered magic that can't be guarded against
>realize that it can end the conflict instantly
>"Y-you could have used it only once because muh kingsblood, you will die if you try it again"
Martin you fucking hack. You should have made magic more systematic.
>>
>>85161066
Magic should never solve problems. This should be a golden rule for fantasy writing.
>>
>>85161059
Cersei has no children via wedlock*

Also the Targaryen dynasty was exiled, stripped of all rights and titles when Robert won the throne so all of their claims are forfeit, too, meaning they have as much legal right to the throne as I do, which is none, in case you were wondering.
>>
>>85161066
Or just cut out the bullshit overpowered magic. Should have just been a simple assassination.
>>
>>85161045
Who else can take it? Robert has no family (in the show) alive that could have any reasonable claim over cersie. Cersie was a legitimate queen alognside robert for many years, and all the heirs to the throne have died. All of roberts brothers have died, and roberts niece has died. The line of sucession points very strongly to cersie over anyone else.
>>
>>85161092
Dany/maybe Aegon/maybe Jon has a claim on the Iron Throne. The ruling dynasty doesn't recognize it, but it exists.
>>
File: 1496353082217.png (22KB, 655x773px) Image search: [Google]
1496353082217.png
22KB, 655x773px
>>85132271 When they cut Aegon
>>
>>85151238
they had a long journey to dragonstone and are holding their bowls in until they can find the bathrooms
>>
>>85145695
Shes got some really big tits though, traps arent gay.
Thread posts: 327
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.