[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was the finale so bad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 91967_main_full.jpg (534KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
91967_main_full.jpg
534KB, 1280x720px
I spent the past week watching this. Wasn't too bad, average sitcom but actually enjoyable. But that fucking ending was so shit it retroactively ruined the whole show for me, I seriously don't want to see a single episode ever again.
My question is: Who the fuck thought it would ever be a good payoff to nine fucking years of storytelling?
>>
>>85116400
This show is so bland that it makes Friends look like the wire.

Its just cardboard.
>>
>>85116400
>barneys character arc is completely trashed
>dude cancer lol
>blue french horn bullshit again

My jimmies were rustled
>>
I too recently marathoned this. I was talking about it at the pub a few weeks later and someone was like "so who's the mother?" And I actually could barely remember the final episodes. My head was full of wedding shit. What even is a summary of the last three eps?
>>
>>85116400
It's all because of these fucking kids and creator's determination to use them for the ending. Kids grew up too fast and after second season they just reused footage with them and filmed their ending reaction.
>>
Barney and Nora should've stayed together. The way the writers ended that relationship was lame.
>>
>>85116400
It was stretched out way too long. The last season was just a fucking day, ffs. Also, none of the actors wanted to be there. First four seasons were watchable, imo, gf likes them.
>>
>>85116841
Mother is the perfect girl who helps everyone in the group and makes friends with everyone and Ted falls for her like anyone would and at last forgets about Robyn and chases the Mother to train station and they kiss under the yellow umbrella with title drop and theme music.

THEN SHE DED
BARNEY AND ROBYN DIVORCE AND RETURN TO STATUS QUO CIRCA SEASON ONE BECAUSE FUCK CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT
TED COMPLETELY FORGETS MOTHER IN A MINUTE AND GETS BACK TO ROBYN TO FUCK HER TILL THE END OF TIME
I'M FUCKING MAD
>>
>>85116400
>All girls are barefoot
Is footgame strong in this show?
>>
>>85116967
That about sums it up
>>
My girlfriend and I were discussing this because she got me to marathon the series a few months back. Because I watched it a couple years after it ended, and because she warned me that I may not like the ending, I went into it knowing a little bit. In my mind I pictured an alternative that, while it's darker, I think it better fits the characters.

>Barney doesn't become a changed man because of the baby, continues womanizing and is a dead beat dad
>eventually realizes that he's wasted his life on hedonism, but it's too late to change (maybe a flash forward or appears in the "present day" world as a cautionary figure)
>Robbin continues to grow away from the group and pursues her own career
>eventually separates entirely
>maybe she makes it to some B list status, but she goes through a depression when she realizes she's 50 with dried up ovaries
>either Marshal or Lily dies
>I don't know why, but I was kind of already rolling with the tragic theme, so I figured these two weren't getting out of my headcanon scott-free
>I don't remember what I decided for Ted or the wife, who cares really?
>cut to "present day" and Ted is telling this tale of how life gets in the way of friends and friends get in the way of life, the adult world is hard, and life isn't fair

Obviously they would never shoot or air a finale like this. But this is just the finale I came up with
>>
File: HIMYM was shit.png (14KB, 823x321px) Image search: [Google]
HIMYM was shit.png
14KB, 823x321px
>>85116400
>>
>>85117165
Robin already had dried up ovaries
>>
>>85117228
Oh yeah, I forgot about that.
Whatever. Instead, she drops the whole "I'm a corporate woman, fuck having children" bit
>>
File: 1396296285066.jpg (84KB, 1024x571px) Image search: [Google]
1396296285066.jpg
84KB, 1024x571px
Man Lily was a selfish cunt
Marshall was the best person among them no contest
>>
>>85117342
Marshall dicking around at work with Barney plotlines were best plotlines
>>
I didn't follow this show, but I always wondered how it would end.

Glad I didn't waste 9 years of my life. I'm still looking for some cheap pajama suits, tho.
>>
>>85116400
How did anyone even get past the first couple of episodes the main guy is such a faggot and the rest of the characters are unlikable.
>>
>>85116400
it would be good finale for 4th season.
>>
>>85116400
do you want better ending? The voice was Barney. Ted and Mother died out so he and Robin took over kids and Barney was telling them about their father, what kind of man he was in good and bad
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.