[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is /tv/'s opinion of this film?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: wolfofwallstreet.jpg (180KB, 630x1200px) Image search: [Google]
wolfofwallstreet.jpg
180KB, 630x1200px
What is /tv/'s opinion of this film?
>>
it is entertaining
>>
>>85113300
Its a good movie
>>
>>85113300
pretty much Goodfellas with jews instead and not as good
>>
>>85113300
Should've pointed out that I started this thread because of an argument I had with a couple of ladies. We were talking about movies, and the Wolf of Wall Street came up. I said that the movie was objectively good, but that I could understand why it didn't sit well with some people. One of the ladies said, "Just because there is a bunch of sex in a movie and it shows disgusting rich people showing off their wealth doesn't mean that it's a good movie,".
I don't care about the sex part, but did the movie seem more like a satire of the rich douchebag life, or more of an ode to it?
>>
>>85113625
It felt like a legitimate showcase of how super rich people live. It didn't feel exaulting nor depressiative. Just real. Except, maybe, for the sex and drugs.
>>
IT was a celebration of the American dream so of course a bunch of commie fags got triggered by it
>>
>>85113625
>not shoving your cock in her mouth when she starts talking shit
why?
>>
>>85113300
>dat triple double

I liked it. He literally did what any normal dude would've done... shit loads of cocaine and hot naked women everywhere.

That scene where he's fucked up on the ludes on the airplane is kino
>>
>>85113625
Scorsese always has empathy for the people he writes. The movie certainly was not celebrating decadence, and the movie was basically an indictment of Wall Street, but it took great care to emphasize its characters' humanity.
>>
reddit
>>
I only watch the first half which is great rest is meh
>>
>>85113300
Pretentious and juvenile
>>
Only really good part was Leo and Subway man fighting while high.
>>
>>85113300
Fun and entertaining
>>
>>85116380
>using pretentious

>calling somebody else juvenile

Whoa boy.
>>
>>85116380
>pretentious and juvenile
doesn't add up.
>>
>>85116380

it was a Scorsese film, yes
>>
>>85117150
>Scorsese
>pretentious
love this meme
>>
it was meant to be unsettling and some people don't have the stomach for that sort of thing. i remember seeing the trailer. it had me expecting a film with a less dark feel than what it delivered.
it's a well done film that isn't just feelgood hogwash by the end of the reel.
>>
>>85113625
Neither, it was just an observation
>>
>>85113334
its alright i guess
>>
I want to watch it but I think I skipped over it because of all the frat bro morons I knew who unironically thought it was like totally sick and a total frat move, bro. It was so cringe worthy the culture in frats that started up around this movie when it came out (second only to the cringe worthy 20s craze after Great Gatsby came out) that turned me off watching it.
>>
>>85113773
The sex and drugs are the realest part. My friend is a rich banker and he is always buying shitloads of weird designer drugs on the internet and getting high for several days with his gf. The memes are real.
>>
File: 1490267879075.jpg (49KB, 799x666px) Image search: [Google]
1490267879075.jpg
49KB, 799x666px
it was like the aviator set in the 90's but the aviator was a better movie
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.