[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy mackerel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Capture-2[1].jpg (34KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Capture-2[1].jpg
34KB, 640x480px
Holy mackerel
>>
>>85105343
Favorite De Palma movie?
>>
>>85106260
Scarface, Dressed to Kill, Blowout, and Carrie.

Everything else is trash.
>>
>>85105343
I thought it was funny how that's 90% of his vocabulary.
also he's a hack
I like Phantom of the Paradise because of how ridiculous it is
>>
>>85106305
you didn't like phantom, body double or sisters?
>>
>>85106417
haven't seen phantom but did not like Sisters or Body Double.
>>
>>85106417
Not him, but Body Double is cheesy 80's aesthetics for me. Phantom and Sisters are great.
>>
>>85106305
De Palma mafia stuff is really boring except for The Untouchables. I like the other 3 movies in your list though.
>>
>>85106260
Raising Cain works perfect if you think that De Palma is making a parody of himself.
>>
>>85106640
The Untouchables is absolute trash with some of the worst single scenes I've seen in a crime film.
>Robbing the train on horseback with the John Wayne music in the background
GARBAGE
>>
>>85106305
Wrong!!! Sisters, Phantom, Carrie, Dressed to Kill, Blow Out, Scarface and Body Double all great films.
>>
MY DE PALMA LIST

GOD TIER
Blow Out
Scarface

GREAT TIER
Body Double
Carrie
Mission: Impossible

GOOD TIER
Hi, Mom!
Redacted
Carlito's Way
The Untouchables

OK TIER
Dressed to Kill
Phantom of the Paradise
The Fury
Casualties of War

BAD TIER
Femme Fatale
Greetings

TO WATCH TIER
Sisters

should i watch anything else?
>>
>>85107777
watch Obsession. It's really stupid but I think you'll like Lithgow hamming it up.
>>
>>85107777
I think the Fury needs to be in at least the Good Tier.
>>
>>85107938
Scanners did a better job with similar story, and i saw it before the fury, that's probably why is in the OK tier, didn't enjoy very much.
>>
>>85107777
Mission to Mars!
>>
>Carrie >The Fury
my autism requires a third in the DePalma psychic trilogy
>>
>>85105343
I saw this doc last year and it's good if not very detailed. Nice to hear the man talk about his career since DePalma is my favorite Director.

My top five DePalma movies.....

Carrie
Scarface
Phantom of the Paradise
Mission: Impossible
The Untouchables

!!!FACT!!!
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.