[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck was the point?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 13

File: Whack shit.jpg (440KB, 800x1185px) Image search: [Google]
Whack shit.jpg
440KB, 800x1185px
Nothing fucking happened in this movie. Where the fuck was the war? Where were the battle scenes at? The whole fucking movie was just Apes crying and sad music. How the fuck did Reeves sit down and watch war films and walk away with this? This should've been the Logan of this franchise. Fucking hell.
>>
It was really good.

War film does not mean one battle for 2 hours, the characters were all well developed. The action was good, the music was good, the CGI is the best any film has ever been, and the shots were amazing.

It was MONKINO, and a great end to the trilogy.
>>
>>85097495
There were literally two battle moments which were less than 5 minutes each and at the beginning and the end. It's a complete bait and switch. It also doesn't help you can see all of the plot points from a mile away.

What memorable characters are there? The series is built off of Caesar and maybe Maurice, no one else.

Fuck off to /Reddit/
>>
The war is the battle for survival :')
>>
>he wanted saving private bonobo
>He got ape-pocalypse now
>This angers and confuses the pleb
>>
>>85097977
>not loving Rocket

What's wrong with you?
>>
>>85097977
Ceasar
Maurice
Rocket
Bad Ape
The Colonel

Even Winter was pretty memorable, although he wasn't much in it.

Anyways, plz tell me how many memorable characters exist in Die Hard 1, The Raid, The Bourne identity, etc. Sometimes it's not really about the amount of characherts, but rather the depth.
>>
>>85096824
>le throwing poo as a plot device

K I N O
I
N
O
>>
>>85100200
That part was actually classic. Shows just how easily humans can be manipulated and deserve to be overthrown as the dominant species.
>>
File: Caesar.jpg (456KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Caesar.jpg
456KB, 1920x1080px
I miss Caesar boys, the pain will go away in time right?
>>
they tricked everyone by only showing action in the trailers
>>
>>85100288
>cuck
>>
>>85097977
>he literally openly just wanted splosions
>>
>>85100371
I liked Caesar but I sided with the Colonel
everything he said made sense
Caesar got all of the Apes captured by ditching them, to seek revenge
he abandoned his people over his son dying, whereas the Colonel killed his own son for the greater good like a leader needs to
and we know that the world becomes overrun by Apes also, so he was right about exterminating the virus spreading
if I was in that world, I wouldn't want the human race to fucking end
>>
>>85097977
Fuck you, Rocket best ape
>>
Dawn > War > Rise

Probably the best Trilogy in recent memory.
>>
>>85100453
So you were rooting for the humans?
>>
>>85099135
>Die Hard 1
Bruce Willis
Alan Rickman
Cocky black guy
Carl from Family Matters
Obnoxious yuppie
Wife
Vaguely Germanic underling
Principal from the Breakfast Club
>>
>>85100512

>Missing the central point of the movie

Caesar's whole character arc in this film is him doing the wrong thing, because he was blinded by hatred like Koba, and having to overcome it.
>>
>>85100725
I know that
the problem was that he didn't deserve to win in the end
you don't give somebody a huge tragic flaw like an obsession with revenge to the point that it drives you to make mistakes and screw over everybody then at the end get Batman-tier plot armour
he dies on his own terms like a week later or something
I loved the entire film, when I thought that guy he spared at the start was going to kill him for sure
and he did, but I was expecting the Donkey to blast the gas tank with the grenade launcher and kill them all instead of just killing the guy who shot Caesar then we have to see an avalanche and all of this other bullshit happen
he could have died as a tragic hero, but instead we have to see him do tons of super cool action stuff
the ending just let me down to be honest anon
>>
This film was amazing! This is truly the best trilogy in recent years.
>>
>>85101002

>Rooting for the guy that the actual US Military thought was an enough of an out of control, crazed zealot that they needed to come down and squash him

>Not appreciating a character overcoming his potential fatal flaw before it led him and his people to ruin.

Plot armor I give you though.
>>
>avalanche kills the only good guys in the movie
Why
>>
File: 1496990755518.jpg (278KB, 606x608px) Image search: [Google]
1496990755518.jpg
278KB, 606x608px
>>85097495
Apekino you fucking retard what the fuck are you even doing?
>>
I might want to see the Beginning of the Dawn of the End of the Fight for the Passage to the Ship that will take us on a Journey to the Planet for a War with the Apes.
>>
>>85101329
I rooted for him and was happy that he overcame it in the end and I was happy he admitted he was just like Koba, but it really was just the plot armour that I hated
the movie just kept on going at the end
I guess the final scene may have made up for it but the fucking people sitting on the two rows below where I was sitting were all talking out loud and I barely even took it in
all I remember is Maurice saying that Cornelius will know about Caesar from them
>>
>>85101735
giving Caesar and Maurice that heartfelt scene was well done. I agree Caesar could have died during the battle or the avalanche but then him and Maurice wouldnt get to have said goodbye
>>
>>85096824
>a bloo bloo bloo where was my ebin monekey war
>bloo bloo why didn't Caesar have a boss battle with the Colonel

Neck yourself you fucking faggot
>>
>>85096824
>Why did the colonel personally lead the attack on Caesars camp
>why did the little girl not react to her dad dying but to a gorilla she knew for five minutes
>why were there no guards in the prison camp
>why was there a shit ton of explosives right next to the soldiers defensive positions
>>
>>85096824
>This should've been the Logan of this franchise.
It's a far better film than Logan
>>
>>85096824
>Where was the war

Stopped reading right there. You brainlets need to realize a war is more than just endless fucking gunfire and explosions
>>
>>85096824
>Where the fuck was the war? Where were the battle scenes at?

t. brainlet
>>
>>85100371
i dont think so. He's was real to me damn it.
>>
>>85105065
We've seen him from an infant to his death. His last sight was of his people happy, free and safe. He earned rest.
>>
>>85098168
>Saving Primate Bonobo
>Ape-pocalypse now
I want these movies to be made
>>
>>85104823
Dude was nuts. He had a vendetta against the monkeys
>why did the little girl not react to her dad dying but to a gorilla she knew for five minutes
I'm not convinced that was her father. But I think she was made retarded by the virus and only started getting better once she started learning sign language.
>why were there no guards in the prison camp
There were, they were just shit at their job
>why was there a shit ton of explosives right next to the soldiers defensive positions
A very good question. Biggest plot hole I saw
>>
>>85100580
Not that guy but, I did have somewhat of a problem that there were no "human" human characters in it. All there was was a mute girl with the "savage" disease and the colonel, which seemed like he was a little too crazy to get behind.
I know that this is supposed to be the apes finally taking dominance over the planet, but I think they could have explored the tragic part of the extermination of the human species a little more. Also why wouldn't you support your own species you self-hating cuckshit
>>
>>85106500
>You can justify any stupid old shit by having the character be CUUHHRRAAAZZZYYYYYY

Shit writing.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-07-12-22h17m27s737.png (2MB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-07-12-22h17m27s737.png
2MB, 1920x816px
DUDE NAZIS LMAO

DUDE HOLOCAUST LMAO
>>
>>85104823
If he lead an attack on the camp to kill Caesar, why didn't he kill Caesar immediately after they captured him?
>>
>>85106500
Regarding the explosives and munitions, I thought the Colonel had said that the base had been a weapons depot before being turned into a medical center or something
>>
>>85106707
Not a criticism
>>
>>85106619
So your saying that the colonel wasn't nuts?
Cuase, he was. Anyone who needs to maintain authority by having their dissenters killed has crossed a sanity line.

Although, I'd say the colonel was leading by example to inspire confidence in his men.
>>
>>85101382
muh kang ceaser
>>
I haven't seen any of these, are they all prequels leading up to the original 60s one
>>
>>85106819
Yeah but to just leave the fuel tank open and exposed was just stupid. There was no excuse for that.
>>
>>85106757
Why didn't they check out the tunnels underneath their hamfisted holocaust ripoff camp? If I was the colonel and was managing a bunch of inhuman animals, I would make sure that there would be no way on earth they could escape
>>
>>85106757
to leverage Cesar into allowing the apes to work rather than shooting him in the head and risking ape revolt, which would lead to the pertinent wall not being built
>>
>>85106881
That's true.
>>
>>85106835
I'm saying that contrived shit like this getting a pass because the character who pulls it off is batshit is lazy as fuck
>>
>>85106879
Yes and no

It is a reboot, as in the first one you can see on a newspaper "LOST IN SPACE?" with a spaceship on the front cover

however unlike the originals, the world isn't destroyed by nuclear war but a virus (which is also what makes the apes smart)
>>
>let's keep their talking, intelligent leader alive so he can tell our slave labor to do slave labor and build a wall to fight helicopters

Only gripe. Still a good movie.
>>
>>85106825
He's doing what they call shitposting you fucking newfag
>>
>>85106881
leaving them open and exposed , yeah that was dumb, but id say the tanks were already there and there was no real way to move them or any way to transfer the fuel to other tanks. nor do i think it would of been logical to just drain them since I assume the fuel is used for living purposes , seeing as the base was not meant to be defended in such a way.
>>
>>85107040
>James Franco dooms the world because his dad got in the wrong car
>>
>>85106300
>I want these to be made.

Just wait in a few years when some Jewfag director remakes them with an all nigger cast.
>>
>>85107040
but theoretically, 2 movies from now could be an essential remake of the original?
>>
>>85106997
Also, it was pretty clear the colonel was obssesed with history. He wanted to be the one to kill Ceaser, to be remembered for killing Ceaser.

Of course once he captured Ceaser he had no reason not to kill him. Except maybe to feed his ego but that doesn't quite seem right.
>>
amid the barrage of missiles from the helicopters and whatnot at the end you're trying to tell me not a single one hit the tankers which exploded and took the whole base with them? seemed like a heavy fucking onslaught for not one to get hit by some stray explosive.
>>
>>85096824
Apekino

/thread
>>
>>85107195
It was hit by some stray bullets, thats why it was leaking.
>>
File: 1354121309009.jpg (27KB, 367x451px) Image search: [Google]
1354121309009.jpg
27KB, 367x451px
>>85100720
>Carl from Family Matters

remembering a character from SOMETHING ELSE doesn't count you fucking sperg.
>>
Wait so where exactly do the apes live/control now? Or are they global wtf
>>
>>85107080

Yeah I couldn't tell if those tanks were already there or if they were brought in. I assumed the same as you.
>>
>>85104823

Caesar: I offered you mercy

Colonel: You're stronger than us. Smart as hell. You will replace us eventually. You call that mercy?

He's just looking out for the human species. He spelled it out in the movie.
>>
>>85107297
Apes are global but Ceasar's tribe are in an """"Desert Oasis""""
I feel like this is some sorta garden of edin reference
>>
>>85107132
even one movie
>>
>>85107297
And not all the apes are smart like Caesar, right? Only the ones that were infected in the ape sanctuary and their descendants? Unless it's air borne and affects the other apes, but does that mean other animals can get smart?
>>
>>85107562
End of the first movie showed the spread of the virus
It's global
>>
>>85107562
It affected other apes. There was bonus footage of some soldiers in Africa messing with a chimp and the chimp grabs their AK and blasts them. I think it was in Dawn's bonus features.
>>
>>85107562
did you even watch the movie

the comic relief Bad Ape character was a zoo chimp that got smart from the virus

"Ape get smart. Human get sick."

Since the virus is global you can assume that all apes in the world are slowly becoming smarter.
>>
>>85107357
That could have been a reference to multiple things.

2001 A Space Odyssey:
>Desert environment
>Savage apes taking the first steps toward intelligence and society
>Musical motif in the ending scene is reminiscent of Also Sprach Zarathustra

Original 1968 Film:
>The apes in the original have a small city in a mixed desert-forest environment with a water source, similar to the ending scene of War.
>>
>>85096824
>no one saw the little girl
>colonel sees the doll, doesn't question it.
>retarded guards
>the tunnel
>the apes in the prison never checked if the ground was hollow
>not killing Caesar when he had the chance, since he was expecting him to die anyway.
>>
>>85107636
>>85107663
>>85107756
So then why did all the other apes appear dumb in this movie? Barely any of them could talk and could only communicate by sign language, but even Maurice could do that before he got gassed.
>>
>>85107848
Caesar had years of tutoring/training from living with James Spanco in Rise
>>
>>85106707
How did you get such a good quality torrent already?
>>
>>85107848
Because they're more comfortable with it than speaking? I dunno.

>>85107756
>Bad Ape going along with Caesar's plan once he learns that he is a grieving father like him

I wasn't expecting to have feels for the comic relief.
>>
I wish it showed more of how humans were coping with civilisation, assuming it's collapsed like the mise en scene implies
>>
>>85107848
Sign language was the first thing they learned. It was the first thing Ceasar learned as well.
And just because they are capable of human level intelligence doesn't make all of them genuises. Some apes will be dumber then others. Just like some humans are dumber then other humans.
>>
>>85107132
i want to see this lead all the way up to the original so badly. it would immediately become my favorite franchise ever
>>
>>85107946
That's from a trailer.
>>
>>85108296
Uhhh... I'm pretty sure that's a military camp of some sort
>>
>>85108101
we got a taste of that in the 2nd one

it can be inferred its even worse now
>>
>>85107848
speaking is a skill, even Maurice still has trouble with it

Hell Caesar in Dawn still spoke haltingly. It's only in War that he becomes almost completely articulate.
>>
Get treated to Monkey Moses in Apoclypse Now

Complain it wasn't Transformers

Fucking plebbit millenials
>>
Wait a moment, so you actually paid money to watch a "movie" where more than half of the movie is computer made monkeys talking with sign language and screaming?

Are you a retard?
Are you 15 years old?
>>
>>85108856
bait
>>
it was a war for control of earth

(humans lost)
Did you expect an actual pitched battle between humans and monkeys for 2 hours? Most regular war movies aren't even like that
>>
>>85097977
Battle of Five Armies exists because of knuckle-dragging plebs like you.
>>
i was hoping they'd ditch the humans for this movie and make it apes vs apes, but i guess that will probably be the next one.
>>
>>85107357
>be Cesar
>free your people
>take them to promised land
>dies before entering

>be Moses
>free your people from egypt
>take them to promised land
>dies before entering
>>
>>85107061
>he
>>
>>85109175
But there are battles that last more than 5 minutes more than twice.
>>
>>85107848
Idk if you know this but sign language isn't a 1:1 translation of its spoken counterpart. American sign language is practically a different language. Learning to speak for the first time, as an adult, would be a pain in the ass. Apes in real life seem to have a proclivity for sign language so it makes sense it would be their preferred language.

Point is there's more to this than "hurr why won't they talk I can't read subtitles."
>>
>>85109603
see
>>85109336
>>
>>85096824

i didn't like it. the humans were dying thanks to the virus evolving, so why even go to war against the apes in the first place. just to get slave labor and build a wall? the wall didn't do shit anyway and all the invading army had to do is bomb the mountain for an avalanche to take car of these guys.

Woody Harrelson's character's main point is that he seems himself as a saviour to the humans. He believed humans learned nothing from fucking with nature, killing ourselves, and allowing the apes to rise. He shouldn't even have beef with the apes since according to his own logic, the apes are just a consequence of weak human leadership. he doesn't even really give a shit about caesar. he just sees the apes as free labour, but again, it makes no sense.

If he really hated the apes so much he would have just waged war against them. he clearly doesn't hate the apes. he hates the people that led to the rise of the apes. his beef is with man (the people from the other army).

so he's either suicidal going in a blaze of glory or he legit thinks he can win. but throughout the movie he doesn't really seem like he wants anything.
>>
Thanks Adum.
>>
File: 1494788657833.png (168KB, 356x600px) Image search: [Google]
1494788657833.png
168KB, 356x600px
>>85096824
>pic
>black guy with blonde woman social propaganda
>producer: Peter Chernin
>jewish

How is /pol/ right all the time?
>>
>>85097977

War is more than just blowing shit up, you fucking pleb.
>>
>>85109005
Crude reality.
>>
>>85096824
Totally agree just got back from cinema. Overall story did not progress at all. Much worse than the 2nd film, I only enjoyed the first one enough to rewatch.

Moustache twirling pantomime villain

Pointless and failed attempt at comic relief with bad ape

Could of done without the little girl.

Endless tropes.

No actual 'war for the planet'

Turned in to great escape.

Fell in hole to find a way in to prison...rather than write something clever just have the comic relief fall in a hole...

Why did no one see the girl enter the compound?

Why did no one notice the guy who had shit flung at him disappear? Since when was he the only guard?

How come the soldiers never seen 4 apes on horseback following their convoy like 30 yards behind them?

Muh revenge

This film established nothing new, no more real info on the humans plight, how are they doing on a global scale? Are these the last humans on earth? All the humans here were generic 'jarhead asshole' types also.

Also no WAR?!?!! shitty battle between like 500 people is not a war. Complete schlock crap. Retards will enjoy it though. If you enjoyed it, you guessed it, you're a retard.
>>
What are the chances of a sequel with a grown up Nova?
>>
>>85104923
Should of been called 'the battles for this wee area for The planet Of The apes'
>>
>>85110067
>>No actual 'war for the planet'

see>>85109336

if you wanted non-stop action and violence you should just stick to transformers and capeshit
>>
File: image.jpg (65KB, 700x466px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65KB, 700x466px
Who else remembered the little girl in War Of The Worlds when watching the little girl in this one?

The face is very similar, they are both blonde and have blue eyes. They both make cute faces, they both have the same hoddie and gloves.
>>
What happened to James Franco?
>>
>>85110358
Its not that. The film never gave the impression that there was a war for the planet going on. The title is misleading. It was more like a wild west revenge movie. Its established from the previous films that the world's gone to shit, humanity is dying and the apes are immune and will take over. Nothing new was established here in the grand scheme of things.

To the contrary, I believe someone who does enjoy shooty boom boom films would love this trash. A real lazy and simple effort, director and writer should be ashamed. First with Franco was the best.
>>
>>85110067
>Could of
>>
>>85110672
I agree it was a personal vendetta between two characters, Caesar and Woody Colonel. No war for the planet happened.
>>
>>85107961
>>Bad Ape going along with Caesar's plan once he learns that he is a grieving father like him
Bad Ape had kids?
>>
>>85110799
Yep. They got killed when humans went to remove ape from premises when the simian flu was going around
>>
https://youtu.be/MbsuAbTTsV8
>>
>>85096824
The war was happening within Caesar. It was a moral conflict he overcame.
>>
>>85096824
>it was supposed to be the logan of this franchise
Huh if you're disappointed then maybe it's actually good
>>
>>85106608
I kind of hated how by the end, the humans extinction is almost comical. The movie really should've painted a darker end than just

>LEL goofy looking soldiers all got crushed by snow!!
>>
>>85096824
I really hope OP is just shitposting and copy pasted that post from reddit
>>
>>85110067
Imagine going and/or sitting next to a faggot like you in the theaters. I bet your "friends" talk bad about you behind your back.
>>
>>85110512
He died of simian flu iirc
>>
>>85097495
>>85096824
>>85097977

I wonder where they could take a sequel now that the apes leader is dead,not to mention they still have a human girl in the group who should be dead by the time Cornelius is fully grown
>>
>>85107357
Garden of Eden had every fruit to exist. They are in the damn desert. Even if they eat cactus how long would that food supply last?
>>
>>85111520
>Should be dead by the time Cornelius is fully grown

What made you think that? Apes live much shorter lives than humans, and age much faster.
I'm no ape expert, but Cornelius could be full grown while the girl is barely in her teens.
>>
>>85111557
I'm sure there is game, and the second movie already showed us that they were smart enough to hunt in packs.
>>
>>85111759

so blacked.com confirmed for sequel?
>>
>>85097495

Ban this thrill shill.
>>
>>85107289
>responds and disproves your point
>reacts to being wrong this badly
Who's the sperg now, faggot?
>>
>>85107101
James Franco dooms the world by making an aggressively contagious viral gene therapy, and didn't make a vaccine at the same time.

Didn't keep the virus in a secure lab.

didn't check Caesar to make sure he wasn't a carrier of the first disease.
>>
>>85096824
>marvel shills this upset that they're getting APED
>>
>>85106707
>in a stereotypical monkey pose scratching head
>Behaves more like animal than apes

KINO
>>
>>85112833
Ban this tripfag
>>
>>85113512

To be fair, Franco wanted the new variant destroyed because they were speeding up the process without properly testing. He quit when the found out CEO Ape was being reckless.
>>
>>85100512
wow I bet you support drumpf
>>
So is this going to lead to a sort of remake of the original film or are they done?
>>
>>85097495
this this this fpbp
>>
>>85115970
we don't know yet but I honestly hope they end it here on a (in my opinion) real high note.
>>
File: 97821.jpg (16KB, 326x326px) Image search: [Google]
97821.jpg
16KB, 326x326px
I fucking despise this series and everyone who likes it.
>>
>>85116507
Did you not watch the originals?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBMvR_RnKu4
>>
>that fucking jar-jar binks
i hated that character desu
>>
It's great how this movie is effectively making itself immune to any and all criticism by simply not having much action in it at all. Doesn't matter that pretty much all of the film is tropey, nonsensical, poorly edited trite bullshit. Matt Reeves just went and made a film that would give plebs a chance to boast about their taste because "oh I can appreciate a slow film look at how cultured I am" even though the slow parets are just as shit as the action scenes. Shit, even from a budget standpoint it's pure genius, cuz they need to spend so much money on the animation in the first place. But since there's no action, they can keep their budget in check too. The people praising this film don't realize how similar they sound to Marvel shills.
>>
>>85116719
Bad Ape was great though what are you on about m8
>>
File: file.png (575KB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
575KB, 680x510px
Is he literally Moses? Freed his people from slavery, led them through the desert and took them to the promised land but didn't get to enjoy it
>>
>>85117266
That sure is a lot of pent up autism and projection there, faggot. Consider expiring.
>>
File: stiahnuť (1).jpg (11KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
stiahnuť (1).jpg
11KB, 259x194px
>Be me
>Go to see War for the planet of the apes
>They accidentaly screen Prison Break season 3
>>
>>85117997
>after his death his people do nothing but fuck with humans, enslave them and treat them like cattle
yes literally Moses
>>
File: trainface.jpg (26KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
trainface.jpg
26KB, 256x256px
>>85118773
oh my god
>>
>>85117997
Don't forget him staying the whip and the avalanche/part the sea
>>
>>85096824
It was a fun movie. I really wanted to see monkey infantry and got exactly what I paid for and then some. The mild pejorative of donkey was a really nice touch and the line "What of you is there left to save?" was also breddy gud.

Sure, somewhat predictable but cool CGI.

Still don't know how that bayonet killed the biggest gorilla like nothing.
>>
>>85118910
>The mild pejorative of donkey

The soldiers call enemy apes Kong

They call friendly apes Donkey

Donkey Kongs
>>
>>85118996
What I thought Kong was just a codename for Caesar.

I had assumed the term came from the apes being often used to carry gear and supplies for human troops.
>>
>>85119055
They call him King Kong.

In the opening scene they say something like "3 Kong spotted"
>>
>>85118289

> pent up autism
> what is projection and how does it work

Man, if only the writers that worked on this piece of shit had learned a thing or two from you, this film might have at least ended up being so-bad-it's-good tier.
>>
>>85119097
Yeah, you're right. I remember now; it's in the beginning when the ape outpost is being scouted by the Colonel's men.
>>
Fuck drumpf and fuck humans
>>
how it ends?
>>
>>85119851
Colnel's army and the US army both get wiped out, Caesar leads his tribe to a valley past the desert where they are free from humans and dies of his injuries.
>>
>>85119851
Colonel's army gets bombed by US army. Bombing set free snow and avalanche kills US army. Apes then go away, find their new home, bit when they arrive Ceasar dies because of his injuries.
>>
Rise > Dawn > War
>>
>>85119938
>>85120149
that sounds retarded
>>
What a great fucking trilogy
>>
>>85097495
It was trash
>>
If they do actually continue it to reach the original film time line how do you think it will play out?

Cornelius is Caesars son, nova is the little girl in this. I thought the original film would be hundreds of years after these but it's only 1 generation, how will they make the apes the bad guys in such a short time.
>>
>>85123156
it's not meant to be a prequel, it's a different continuity altogether, I doubt they'll make more but even if they do these are just callbacks
>>
>>85101496
chuckled.
>>
>>85110067
>villain
Opinion trashed.
>>
File: 1499658231853.png (346KB, 779x952px) Image search: [Google]
1499658231853.png
346KB, 779x952px
>>85118773
>>
>>85123753
That's exactly what he was though. A baddie! Like in some Disney tier shit
>>
>>85121967
Because it is. Hamfisted schlock hack shit. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME
>>
>>85124849
He did nothing wrong though, he was just trying to preserve the human race like any sane person would
>>
>>85125068
Of course I'm not arguing that, just saying he was your average 'bad guy'

Overall the film was not about a war for the planet. That doesn't mean more explosions, there was plenty of that and it was ridiculous. Nothing in the film gave the impression or feel/tone that there is a global war happening between the human race and the apes. A battle in some woods then some prison break trash, bigbbombs and avalanche, roll credits TRASH. wasted opportunity
>>
>>85105704
After the avalanche cleared away and it was silent with that shot of all the apes in the trees I said " we've come a long way since James Franco". I'm glad my ape Caesar got his redemption.
>>
>>85119316
> what is projection and how does it work
Funny that you don't even understand my point. You sound like an unironic pretentious fedora wearing manchild with shit taste that posts like he's got people figured out and their exact reasoning for why they enjoy a movie you don't, because people need to stop liking what you don't like. Again, please expire. You have crippling autism.
>>
>>85096824

The movie was great you moron
Fox needs to sort their marketing team out though. The trailers managed to both missell and spoil the movie
>>
>>85123156
the names are just easter eggs and not supposed to be the characters from the original
>>
>>85098168
>Literally says it's ape-pocalypse now
> it's actually The Great Ape-scape
>>
>>85108270
It doesnt you fucking retard. The old movies already had their "prequels" from the third to the fifth movie.

Sure, it might lead to the astronaut story again, but it wont be the Charles Heston story. Just like Caesar from the old movies is not the Caesar from the new ones.
>>
>>85129688
>The Great Ape-scape
>not The Great esc-ape
>>
It didn't need to become a fucking Prison Break film. It was so absurd seeing the first half being so good and the second half just grinds to a halt. I would've loved if the whole film was basically Ceasar hunting for the Colonel through harsh landscapes. And as they come closer and closer to the Colonel, we learn more of the world and the outliers that still survive and live there. A missed opportunity.
Thread posts: 176
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.