[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does Arya have Walder Freys voice?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 288
Thread images: 22

Ok, I can buy the faceswapping. Sure. Whatever.

But his voice too? How about his build? Same height/weight?
>>
The logistics of this entire scene is baffling
>>
>>85090313

HOW DOES SHE HAVE HIS VOICE
>>
>>85090222

Brain Brain
Your Your
Off Off
Turn Off Your Brain
Off Off
Your Your
Brain Brain
>>
File: Benioff-and-Weiss.jpg (25KB, 498x307px) Image search: [Google]
Benioff-and-Weiss.jpg
25KB, 498x307px
>>85090377
Assassin magic
>>
>>85090222
Face swapping always gave you the voice though. It's magic nigga. I aint gotta explain shit
>>
>>85090424

NO DABID. ANSWER THE QUESTION

HOW DOES SHE HAVE HIS VOICE
>>
>>85090313

Gotta love that wonder poison that kills all those different people who all would have drunk different amounts AT THE EXACT SAME FUCKING TIME. Are we going to get this shit tier writing the whole season?
>>
>>85090473
>that awkward moment when you realize people genuinely thought the faceless men literally just carved faces off of people and wore them as if they were in a mission impossible movie
>>
>>85090222
She got a voice changer from Ethan Hunt.
>>
What was the point of this scene? We already saw Arya murder Walder Frey. It's not like seeing a bunch of literal who's we never knew existed before getting murdered added anything to the story whatsoever.
>>
>immune to stabbings
>immune to swimming in literal shitwater with an open wound
>can secretly kill very important people and turn them into pies without anyone noticing

Its so fucking stupid how strong Arya became, but the faceless men are a really bad concept in general. Everyone would just hire one instead of starting wars if the show made any sense.
>>
>>85090520
that's exactly how they present it on the show
>>
>>85090520
So what do they actually do?
>>
this whole scene looked like a wet fantasy written by nerdy fat guy who sees Arya as his cool assasin bad ass gyal

pure shit. That's what it was.
>>
>>85090501
such things are possible, I saw the same thing happen in a documentary called breaking bad
>>
>>85090222
My biggest issue with the faceless men is that the show can make "anybody" a faceless man. Like maybe Cersei is really Tywin
>>
>>85090603
This.

She singlehandedly took out an entire house without breaking a sweat. GoT is turning into everything which makes fantasy such shit.
>>
>>85090695
No, you have to spend 2 seasons in plot purgatory to gain super assassin powers.
>>
File: 1493604367276.png (360KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
1493604367276.png
360KB, 600x580px
>>85090603
when you think about that arya cut his sons into pieces and made pie out of them and shes geting second thoughts now when the boys talked to her about all that shit
>>
>>85090635
Nigga it's literal magic. What? Do you think Arya didn't actually lose her sight either and jaqen just put in some contact lenses that blocked her sight with his cat like speed?
>>
>>85090614
???
I never thought that way, sure they need to tear the face of a person, and then put it into the face 'database', but after that they can use it at will.

What they never told specifically, is about voice, posture or strength e.g. would Arya be able to pick up something heavy if she wore a face of a big man (4u)
>>
>>85090770
That's shitty writing tbqh
>>
>>85090635
Isn't it all to do with the Many Faced God? Those who learn the ways can literally turn into other people in order to carry out death's plan or whatever.
>>
File: grl.png (264KB, 749x639px) Image search: [Google]
grl.png
264KB, 749x639px
>>85090222

GIRL POWER, thats how
>>
>>85090801
Welcome to why the fantasy genre is shit. Anytime you want anything done you just throw magic in it and done. No need for a clever explanation. Look back to every single time magic was used in the show and realize that it's used as a replacement for the author to find a creative way for their story to progress in the way they want it to.
>>
>>85090589

It was the THIS IS DARK SOU.... I mean THIS IS GAME OF THRONES moment that completely misses what people like about the series.

"They like big body counts right? They like characters being badass right?"

No people like cleverly thought out twists with characters with hidden motives that in restrospect are obvious. They like characters that are flawed or who you love to hate. They like having characters where you're always second guessing their plans and are constantly having to manouvre themselves politically.

They don't want a cast of 'badass' Mary Sues who can suddenly slaughter entire rooms of warriors with ease and who are all suddenly talking about how terrible men are and how they can fight too.
>>
>>85090520

That is exactly how it is on the show though bookfaggot
>>
>it's an entire season of moving pieces into place with nothing satisfactory actually happening until the final season

wew lad, can't wait for something exciting or interesting to almost happen
>>
>>85090603
I think its just Arya breaking the faceless man code. Shes a rouge. I still agree though, shes over powered at this point.
>>
>>85090603

Just a reminder that one of the strongest warriors in the series died from a tiny cut. God I miss the grounded writing we got when it was still 90% GRRM.
>>
How did they not notice Walder's body resembled a hob goblin more so than usual
>>
>>85090890
They know what drooling normies want. Just look at those reaction videos from that bar on YouTube. The "badass" moments are met with raucous applause
>>
>>85090589
They don't want to spend time on how the Frey house tears itself apart after Walder dies. Better just to say "We've killed all the freys that matter so no need to think about the house anymore"
>>
>>85090501
Sam spends months cleaning shit and risks his safety by stealing restricted information to learn what Stannis straight up said to him in season 5.

It will take an episode for Jon to get the letter.

It will take an episode for Jon to teleport to Dragonstone

It will take 3 episodes for Jon to convince danny to stop being a retard, then the season finishes with a mining permit.
>>
I'm not buying the shitty dialogue last two seasons
>>
>>85090996

exactly.
>>
>>85090997

Not to mention that she would have had to stay like that for weeks whilst gathering the family. All whilst no one notices that the sons are dead and 'his' wife remains oblivious.
>>
File: frey.jpg (56KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
frey.jpg
56KB, 1280x720px
I can understand why D&D made certain houses or people of certain regions have uniform, easily identified clothing and armor, but when it comes to the Freys, it was just ridiculous. Every single of the dozens of men present at the feast wore those caps, like every Frey in the whole series always has, save Walder. Do they really think the audience is so stupid that it can't comprehend the members of a certain group having slightly different attires?
>>
>>85091058
>Stannis told me, but it wasn't important
This shit makes literally no sense
>>
Let's complain about assassin magic in a show where dragons soar in the skies.
>>
>>85091152
>Do they really think the audience is so stupid that it can't comprehend the members of a certain group having slightly different attires?

They're not wrong.
>>
File: GXhnw6q1bL-4.png (17KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
GXhnw6q1bL-4.png
17KB, 300x250px
>>85091161
>tfw too retarded for internal logic
>>
>>85091058
This season will be all about Dany taking Kings Landing.

It will end with the Wall falling, and the White Walkers coming through.

Next season will be the final battle.
>>
File: lil.jpg (52KB, 728x409px) Image search: [Google]
lil.jpg
52KB, 728x409px
We're here to see Cersei Lannister
>>
>>85091161
Some suspension of disbelief is fine but what made GoT special in the genre of fantasy was that it tried to keep shit grounded and had a focus on politicking.
>>
>>85090424
They didn't invent assassin magic. George did. Taking someone's face isn't just a mask. Somehow a part of their personality comes with it.
>>
I don't get what's so complicated about this to you faggots, the faceless men always literally turn into the person whose face mask they wear, WHAT'S SO FUCKING HARD TO UNDERSTAND?
>>
>>85091292
And that gradually changed in the books too. Right from Dany being reborn in fire, magic started to come back.
>>
>>85091317
Did George write a scene in which a little girl bakes someone into a pie undetected and murders 50 people inconspicuously?
>>
>>85091161

>mostly realistic fantasy world where fantastical elements are heavily limited and come at a high cost

It's lazy fucking writing abandoning internal logic.

They may as well write Anya saying 'alakazham' and every person on her list instantly drops dead and the world is saved.
>>
>>85091161

Dragons are very rare, hard as hell to control and the literally only reason why anyone gives a shit about Danny, Its fantasy, but it makes sense, people fear the dragons although theyre pretty inconvenient to handle.

Assassin magic makes absolutely no sense. Jaqn and Arya are borderline gods of murder, the Waif was just an apprentice and stronger than Arya, so we can assume that all faceless men are ridicolously strong. Theyre even cheap enough that some people hire them to murder some random actress or merchant.
But all the powerful rulers of Westeros never even think of hiring a faceless man, theyd rather send all their men to die and MAYBE win a war. Its just shit writing.
>>
File: Wyman-Manderly-toasts.jpg (35KB, 450x238px) Image search: [Google]
Wyman-Manderly-toasts.jpg
35KB, 450x238px
>>85091399
not quite
>>
>>85091161
Might aswell turn Jon into Superman and make his laser vision kill ice walkers with ease.

The Hurr durr it's a fantasy show excuse is idiotic. The rules that has been set in the world must kept if the writers don't want to break the immersion. It must be realistic in the world that has been laid out to us. The reason people are complaining is the fact that, that scene was not realistic in the world that we have seen so far, unless everyone in the Frey family turned into retards for a couple of weeks, which is very implausible. So fuck off.
>>
Wouldn't it have been better to not show Arya killing Walder first? That way it's an actual surprise reveal that hes actually Arya in disguise?
Or maybe they're leading up to that sort of reveal when Jaime kills Cersei and pulls off his face to reveal that Arya has already infiltrated kings landing
>>
>>85091227
There is no contradiction of internal logic here.
>>
>>85091399
You don't need a whole body for a pie, she could have just a piece of thigh and a hand for the pie and hid the rest of the body in a wardrobe.
>>
>>85091519
Honestly that makes it even more convoluted
>>
>>85090501
And it was very fortunate that none of the Freys were straight edge
>>
>>85091405
Zombies, rockmen, dragons, shadow magic, ressurections, elves just to name a few.
>>
>>85091457
>Might aswell turn Jon into Superman and make his laser vision kill ice walkers with ease.
would unironically be better than what we will get
>>
>>85091567
How?
>>
>>85091513
There is no logic at all.
>>
>>85091457
The reason that not everyone, but few salty losers complain is because they are jealous of the show's success.
>>
>>85091602
To be honest if I was a straight edge Frey and Walder raised a toast i'd fucking drink. No fucking way that old coot is going to fuck with me because i'm too proud to drink a bit of whine.
>>
>>85091602
Straight edge is millenial faggotry
>>
>>85090222
Yeah the dragons and magic are believable but this just doesn't make any sense
>>
>>85091414
The fact magic is starting to work more and more for real, ever since around the birth of the dragons, is kind of major plot point in the series.

Before it was parlor tricks, empty tradition, or super secret high level mysteries shit that still didn't work 1/10 as well as it does now. Before hand maybe the faceless men couldn't change their faces so well. But then again, they are literally rumored to be the best assassins in the entire world.

>But all the powerful rulers of Westeros never even think of hiring a faceless man
Yes they do. I don't know if it was in the show, but hey talk about just that in hiring the faceless men to kill Dany. Problem is they charge on a scale, and the Iron Throne is broke. Also it's not clear if they take every contract offered.
>>
>>85090614
It's clearly fucking magic.
>>
File: Magic.gif (111KB, 179x100px) Image search: [Google]
Magic.gif
111KB, 179x100px
>>85090222
>>
Was she even done with her training?
>>
>>85090222
Tbqh its a blast coming here reading how triggered you fucking autists get.
>>
>>85090870

i would scrap everything if some shit blog applied the word 'badass' to something i wrote
>>
>>85091688
I'll bet you use the word "epic" unironically you utter mango
>>
How does she fake the hands?
>>
>>85091833
She soaked them in water.
>>
File: elves.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
elves.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>85090501
Have you heard of the high elves?
>>
>dragons, magic fire priests, ice zombies, and necromancy are fine
>HURR HOW DID ARYA CHANGE HER VOICE ITS NOT LIKE THEY SPENT 2 FUCKING SEASONS SHOWING YOU EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE FACELESS MEN AND THE MANY FACED GOD AND HOW ALL OF THIS WORKS
>>
>>85091734
>Problem is they charge on a scale, and the Iron Throne is broke. Also it's not clear if they take every contract offered.
They don't necessarily charge via gold either. If Robert tried to hire them to kill Dany they could have easily asked for something like his first born sons life as payment. And it's not like you want to go back on a contract with the best assassins in the world.
>>
>>85091734

Were talking about the show here, and in the books they "talk" about going for the free win, but dont do it. Bullshit.
Pretty much every lord is happy to send entire armies to death and risk their own lifes.
The "hurr theyre expensive" excuse makes no sense either. Whats the point of assassins if not even the richest people of an entire continent can afford them?
>>
>>85091688
>pointin' bullshit in da show
>hurr durr you saying that because you're jealous

wew lad
>>
>>85091903

The show has more than enough desperate characters like Oberyns idiot gf who would gladly give everything up to murder someone. But no one ever considers it, better scheme up some bullshit.
>>
>>85091005
Exactly. The crowd that loves to watch Walking Dead have crossed over into Game of thrones. Everything I loved about this show in the beginning is basically gone.
>>
File: 98876dd.png (915KB, 596x768px) Image search: [Google]
98876dd.png
915KB, 596x768px
>that exchange with this gremlin
CRINGE
>>
>>85091879

what episode do they explain the voice/body stuff
>>
>>85092025
>Normies reaction: YES!!! You go girlfriend!!! You teach those white men how it's done in DA NORF!!!!!
>>
I laughed heartily at this scene because it was so stupid.

It was the most ridiculous girl power fantasy I've ever seen in any medium.

Why does her height change? Why does she have his hair and voice? It's all so ridiculously stupid
>>
>>85091934
>The "hurr theyre expensive" excuse makes no sense either. Whats the point of assassins if not even the richest people of an entire continent can afford them?
They're a death cult first and foremost. And kings can afford them. They just probably wouldn't want to pay the cost. It's a matter of how much you have to give.

Like remember when you went to church as a kid and got told that a poor man donating 10 dollars to the church is more noble than a rich man donating 10,000? The cost for the faceless men is similar to that in that the cost is largely dependent on who you are and what you have. Some poor farmer could probably hire them to kill a fairly important lord by offering his own life as payment.
>>
Logistics in this show don't matter. Funny because Gurm that fat bastard spends like 500 pages describing the tiniest details but in the show dabid are just like FUCK THAT.
>>
>but it's magic we ain't gotta explain shit!

Basically this is the answer to this poor writing.
>>
HOW MANY PEOPLE IN WESTEROS ARE SECRETLY FACELESS MEN?

Apparently all you have to do is take someones face and you get their voice and body.. so its possible that literally anyone in the show could be a faceless man
>>
So Arya fucked Walder's wifes? I mean, she had to, right?
>>
>>85092286
Because DABID
>>
>>85090222
its magic we don't have to explain it
>>
you can't complain about plot holes because at some point magic was used in the show.

got it.
>>
>>85092103
>It was the most ridiculous girl power fantasy I've ever seen in any medium.

Honestly, the whole fucking episode was like this. Sansa getting shut down and Brienne getting hit on by Tormund were the only real reminders that this is a medieval show where women are normally second-class citizens. Every other scene was "women are equal or better than men" or "men are the worst".
>>
>>85091934
They're not the richest. The Iron Bank is broken, as stated in both series and books, the Lannisters (the owners of Gold Mines) are broke as stated by Tywin and implied in the books, Dorne is dying, the North and Iron Isles are pure shit and the whole 7 Kingdoms are at war. The Tyrells and Hightowers are the only ones with monetary influence as the winter descends.

Which is why there was a alliance between King's Landing and Highgarden. Why do you think the Iron Bank (which makes the political situation in Bravos, and the House of the Undying fuckery with it, important) is running around in the books? Loans.

The removal of logistics from the series is a big issue. We don't really need to see things get solved, but it could be at least acknowledged.
>>
I certainly enjoy seeing mistreated women!
>>
>>85092582

>Every other scene

What are we using as a metric here? That little spiel about teaching everyone to fight?

I dunno, just generally speaking, is it not logical to train everyone with a pulse and an inclination how to wield a sword or spear when an apocalyptic confrontation is on the doorstep?
>>
>>85092625
>are broke as stated by Tywin and implied in the books
Is that really implied in the books? Has DABID written all over it.
>>
>>85092840
You can't argue with /pol/ dude. If it has a women who is written as anything other than a fuck toy. it's "feminist propaganda". If it has a black person not being a gangster... then it's "SJW bullshit"
>>
>>85092926
I'm was sure it was implied either in ACoK or AFfC, but now I'm not so sure anyome. It has been too long.
>>
Friendly reminder that during Cleganebowl, the Mountain will actually be Arya.
>>
>>85092840
If most of the children and women die, then the victory is meaningless.
>>
>>85090222
Is this shit still on TV??!!! What's it like up to 15 years now?
>>
>>85090222
A wizard did it
>>
>>85092840
The point is that *that* should've been the emphasis: that they need all the help they can get against the apocalypse.

Shifting it to "girls are just as capable as men" and all that crap is beside the point and arguably not even true. And it's not as if keeping women/children out of the fray is some inherently sexist idea -- it's for posterity. All in all, for a scene that was supposed to be about the difference in temperaments and ruling styles between Sansa and Jon, including another "YASS SLAYYY" moment was just unnecessary. Let Jon make the point and let his point stand; or, if not that, let there be actual reasonable discussion about whether training everyone to fight White Walkers is a good idea/good use of resources/etc. etc.
>>
>>85090589
fucking this
>>
GoT casual here

Got a question:

Does everyone In the 7 kingdoms know that Jamie and sister are fuck buddies?

I can't remember, and I Thought they said something like that in the plays last season and used as joke ? Or did that not happen ?
>>
>>85093341

Six, you idiot.
>>
>>85091152
they were the jews of the show
>>
>>85093486
Everyone knows. Stannis sent out ravens everywhere in S1 informing everyone.
>>
>>85093486

Everyone knows at least a rumor about them. In Kings Landing it is a known fact but people can't do shit against Lannisters because they're ruling all the time.
>>
>>85093555
>Stannis still blowing the Lannisters the fuck out
Is it safe to say he's going to win?
>>
File: 102593.gif (3MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
102593.gif
3MB, 360x202px
Meanwhile on Game of Thrones.
>>
>>85093200
kek
>>
File: the-mask-jim-carrey-220433.jpg (127KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
the-mask-jim-carrey-220433.jpg
127KB, 1920x1080px
It's not just carved face. It's mask magic from Many Faced God.
>>
>>85090222

The CGI is really great though. She looks just like him. Actors will be obsolete soon.
>>
>>85093649
In the books he will have his moment of glory which was denied to him by Dabid.
>>
>>85090731
Kek
>>
>>85091276
No, the entire plot has leaked, they're going to be in Gragonstone for most of it while the Lannister's invade Dorne, then they all go to the wall except Cersei

Also Jon becomes Aegon and hooks up with Dany
>>
>>85090222
Didn't even notice she had swapped his face, also are we pretending her body isn't the exact same too?
In saying that arya is the GOAT, dickheads thought Robb followed by Jon would get the coveted revenge but Arya is unkillable, Jon had to be resurrected Arya however can be mutilated worse than gadahfi and regen in a few days
Arya for Queen
>>
>>85091356
It's stupid

When it was Jacquen it was a man of nondescript build becoming other men of nondescript build

if they had shown Jacquen turning into a little girl it would be dumb, and it's similarly stupid to have Arya become a full grown man
>>
>>85093904
He's right about the wall falling in the last episode, though.
>>
>>85091620
Yes, but these things are rare, and/or their powers come at a heavy price. Look at what Melissandre had to go through with stannis to birth the shadow assassin, the cost was literally his and her life energy. Daernys has had to burn in a fire risking death to birth her dragons, then raise them like children and they still don't fully obey her, and are vulnerable to spears and regular weapons.
Generally magic has a price. arya just running around like she's playing a game of magic induced assassins creed isn't the same as the other instances. It's too powerful, with no use limitation and no price
>>
>>85090996
>grounded writing
>danaerys
>tyrion
lmao, and you thought you were getting a medieval war show that was based on houses
>>
File: hitman.jpg (505KB, 600x3195px) Image search: [Google]
hitman.jpg
505KB, 600x3195px
>>85094041
>>
>>85094082
She had the potential and was trained by the best. Or two seasons of training are not enough for you.
>>
>>85090870
Well it's working, I was a big time GoT fag and got a lot of shit for it from the boys but S2 onwards lost me and every bloke I know casual or not
I only know numales and women who watch this show so I understand why DnD are going overboard now, even Jon is just a faggot who is a womyn's/twinks wet dream
>>
>>85090222
Why is Sam's inbred wife Walder's wife in this scene?
>>
>>85093904
>Lannister's invade Dorne
Kek
>>
>>85092025
Reality, Lord Glover would have turned to her, said nothing and punted her in the stomach across the room.
>>
>>85093697
Can't wait to see the scene when Arya turns out to be the night king and tells all the white walkers to jump into a volcano.
>>
>>85091286
topkek
>>
>>85091688
>jealous of the shows success
>not alienated fans
Did you post a ig about watching it?
YAAAAAAS
>>
>>85094173
Fucking kek
>>
>>85094473
this gonna be a long summer
>>
>>85090614
>>85090937
The many faced god priest swapped places with the girl in the temple, not to mention having a million masks on at once. It's clearly a form of magic.
>>
>>85092025
it was fine the first time she appeared, now it's just embarassing
>>
>>85092625
Most retarded thing I've ever read
>everyone can be broke in a medieval world
Laughing so hard at you right now
>>
>>85094375
And the Night King was Ned Stark all along and now the way is free for Frodo to throw the One Ring into the volcano!
>>
>>85094611
its almost over you idiot
>>
File: IMG_6547.gif (2MB, 288x272px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6547.gif
2MB, 288x272px
>>85090222
I don't get why Walder Frey killed his whole family. Why would he need to cover his tracks like that? Framing Arya as the murderer was a really clever trick though it doesn't really make sense if Walder is a good guy now? Really curious to see how that plot advances and what kind of consequences Arya will get for it.
>>
>>85092047
>the show needs to spoon feed me with exposition or else I don't get what's happening
How about the multiple times Ja'qen had a disguise with a different build, voice, and even race? How about the scene where he uses magic to blind Arya?
I can't tell if everyone in this thread is being stupid on purpose or not.
>>
>>85091878
how does he ragdoll so good?
>>
The scene wasn't as bad as this shit board makes it out to be, but it's not that great either. Despite the abundance of flaws this episode came the closest of the last 3 seasons to feeling something mildly like classic GoT so I'm hopeful the show continues in that direction and ends stronger than anything since s4. But it won't, so I guess I'm the faggot.
>>
>>85090222
>Fashion model, master assassin, or adult entertainer : Which is the real Arya? She's part viper, part black widow, and all woman.
>>
>>85090996
Holy shit I forgot about drogo's festering wound. The show was so much better with less fanfiction tier stuff.
>>
>>85090222
She's a strong independent woman, clearly
>>
>>85095144
yes, it really looked like they were trying to fix some things for once
>>
When are they going to tell everyone Catelyn Stark isn't dead?
>>
>>85095350
I think it's safe to say they wrote that out of the show completely.
>>
>>85095168
>uses blades as part of the culture
>doesn't have any antimicrobial extracts to heal wounds faster
this was the biggest fanfiction
>>
>>85090222
Turn off your brain, they can't explain.
>>
>>85093200
Cleganebowl is off. When they mentioned that Brienne defeated the Hound whey were basically saying the real main event would be Mountain versus Brienne.
>>
>>85095540
This. Just the same way they hinted she would kill Stannis.
>>
>>85091152
The show is made for American redditors, kweens and you-go-girl-sistahs
>>
>>85095494

>savage backwards ubermacho horsefuckers
>having medicine
>>
>>85093545
If they where the jews of the show, this means arya is hitler?
>>
>>85095144
It wont be classic again until there is some whore T&A thrown in. Instead Im sure we'll get some drawn out scene about Dany wanting to ban prostitution in addition to slavery.
>>
>>85095739
>some drawn out scene about Dany wanting to ban prostitution in addition to slavery.

with an added jab "unlike that hypocrite Stannis, who visited brothels all the time!!"
>>
>>85095628
mogols/turks, american natives, aborigins all had something
>>
>>85090439
Yes, literally this. Where's the question even coming from?
>>
>>85095965
apparently some people thought that the face masks weren't always magical?
>>
>>85090377
The Faceless Men probably have a technique to disguise their voice.

Think about it, even in the book, they would be fucking useless if they couldn't speak while disguised.
>>
Why was that fortress at the end completely abandoned?
>>
>>85096027
well it is not totally magic, you need to skin the face
>>
>>85090377

Because she is not wearing an actual mask. It's all magic and shit. How can you not understand after the last season?
>>
>>85096172
Because D&D are fucking dumb. Even though Martin is a hack, they should have followed the source material; as it at least makes fucking sense.
>>
>>85095965
>>85096027

It didn't change Jaqen's voice though.
>>
>>85090770
What? No. The one that lost her sight was that dumb assassin girl. Aura tricked her into it. She has her sight.
>>
>>85096172
>>85096252
budget
>>
>>85090614

Fuck no. Their whole bodies change. Do you think they wear a corpse as well? How can people be so stupid?
>>
>>85096248
>actual mask.
She literally pulls a mask off.
>>
>>85096339
It's addressed in the book, in a relatively offhand conversation. Loras is charged with defeating the last of the Stannis forces at dragonstone. Which could have segued into a Dany-tyrell alliance.
>>
File: black-guy.png (247KB, 710x393px) Image search: [Google]
black-guy.png
247KB, 710x393px
>>85096260
it literally did though
>>
>>85091414
The average person in GoT has never even heard of the faceless men, have they? I don't know about higher-ups, but it seems like they go around offering their services to people who grab their interest, possibly down to who they think/know the faceless god has deemed worthy of involvement.
>>
>>85090424
are you saying the assassins can't disguise their voices in the book?
>>
>>85090603
>>immune to stabbings
i didnt watch the episode so bare with me:
what? how is she immune to stabbings???
>>
>>85091457
It's THAT hard to believe she could maintain the disguise and stay away from all but a handful of people for a few weeks? 'Old man Walder's still in his sick bed' - Done.
>>
>>85096521
is he the only black guy in GOT?
>>
File: 3-15030P14414294[1].jpg (80KB, 1598x898px) Image search: [Google]
3-15030P14414294[1].jpg
80KB, 1598x898px
>>85096521

>>85096732

The waif stabbed her in the stomach a bunch of times and twisted it.
>>
>>85096763
Greyworm and the translator bitch are the only other ones I can think of.
>>
>>85096771
she must be a reptilian, it also supports the theory of evolution, if there are dragons there must be reptilians and other things
>>
>>85096771
>The waif stabbed her in the stomach a bunch of times and twisted it.
lol if true and she came out untouched she is OP as fuck
>>
>>85091934
>Whats the point of assassins if
Does anyone, in-show or out, know exactly what the faceless men are motivated by? If they're not to be focused on much from this point, is it something that really needs explaining?
>>
>>85095877
Aboriginals most certainly did not have medicine.
They have murder, rape, witchidy grubs, huts, genital mutilation and pedophelia
>>
If Arya got hold of the face of the Mountain, would she turn into a 7 foot tall giant as long as she wore his face?
>>
>>85097114
Yes, because it's fucking magic
>>
>>85096881
they are mixed race
>>
>>85096881
didn't they make the pirate and areo hotah into negros
>>
>>85097198
Yeah he's black.
>>
File: 1311763417814.jpg (79KB, 720x479px) Image search: [Google]
1311763417814.jpg
79KB, 720x479px
>>85090222
>>
>>85097114
No. However, people might magically overlook the absurd height difference. Probably not, though; that's an extreme example.
>>
>>85097178
So are you mutt
>>
>>85096027
Everyone thought it was low-key magic. Like, the magic being that the mask just happens to be incredibly convincing and magically adjusts your facial bone structure etc. So say a young, male faceless man can wear the face of an old geezer and through the training he received, he can change his body posture and voice etc to convincingly pull off being an old man. No one thought it's literal X-men tier where a young girl can turn herself into an old man completely.
>>
>>85097165
At least sci-fi tries to explain its magic with techno babble, this shit is just lazy.
>>
>>85097331
how did you know that....???????????
>>
>>85097356
yeah, you don't see shape-shifters on Star Trek
>>
>>85096763
>>85096881

>The Pirate guy who was friends with Davos
>The Pirate guy who wanted to chop Tyrion's peepee
>The massive Rafiki who lied that he's rich

who else?
>>
>>85090222
>>85090870
magic, you dumbass. I don't recall you asking this when Jaqen H'ghar I mean did not at one point the waif turn into him or he into her?
>>
>>85097356
shouldn't you be angry at GRRM though?
>>
All of you should be burned at the stake
>>
>>85091414
>But all the powerful rulers never even think of hiring an assassin, theyd rather send all their men to die and MAYBE win a war.
Yeah because assassinations are always a great way of averting wars IRL
>>
>>85097462
If the show had at any point prior to this established the faceless men were magical shape shifters, no one would have a problem with this. Up until now, the faceless men were a mysterious order of assassins who were really good at disguising themselves. If next episode Arya throws fireballs at the lannister army, would you also excuse that with "it's magic". Because after all, lots of sorcerers in fantasy can throw fireballs, why shouldn't Arya?"
>>
>>85097356
>implying techno babble is not just a waste of perfectly good screen time
how is the pacification method of "ok, Im too stupid to understand this made up tecno shit" better than "I don't live in a magic world so I don't know how magic works". its just your preference and you are being an insufferable cunt like the people who think push was better than capekino because research into psychic powers existed in the real world
>>
>>85097356
Tell it to the many faced god
>>
>>85090501
It's called a toast, you fucking retard. Haven't you ever celebrated with the entire family or are they all fucking dead lol.
>>
Where do you guys watch this stuff?

Their crackdown team is even better than the twin peaks guys.
>>
>>85097356
Not talking about GoT specifically but I'd rather have no explanation and it'd be up to the viewers interpretation rather than tryhard bullshit which doesn't make sense at all and can't follow its own rules.
>>
>>85097657
Gotta be kidding me.
>>
>>85097556
Anything for the true heir Stan the man.
>>
>>85097657
>Murrican education
>>
>>85097601
Exhibit A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljFljgf2USk
>>
did some more episodes get leaked or some shit

I dont remember this scene
>>
File: 1499096643306.jpg (73KB, 588x689px) Image search: [Google]
1499096643306.jpg
73KB, 588x689px
>>85097657
HBO you pleb
>>
>>85097748
Damn, I forgot just how terrible this storyline was.
>>
>>85097752
it was shown prior to the intro music playing i believe
>>
>>85091701
>what is the majority of all abrahamic sects
>>
>>85097657
oh got where do these faggots come from? casuals have no class, just go beg for link on 9gag or something. no pity for retards
>>
>>85096732
why are you in this thread then?
>>
>>85097601
Jaqen switches places with the waif in the temple, and also changes his voice. It's magic. Quit blaming other people for you being too dumb to pick up on something this obvious.
>>
>>85090996
>>85095168
>>85095494
>>85095628
>>85095877
>>85097077
i thought the evil witch put poop in drogo's wound and that's why he died
>>
>>85097748
Don't bother. This scene has been brought up multiple times already and the retards just abandon the argument every time.
This is a shitposting thread, it can't be defeated with logic.
>>
>>85091152
yes, also its a feast and everyone is always kissing up to Walder so they would try to look nice
>>
>>85096431
So?

That's how the magic works. It stops working when you take the face off.
>>
>>85097947
yeah but its annoying when false knowledge becomes passed around as fact. you know months from now someone will make a list and this "issue" will be on it as a sign of everything that is wrong with the show.
>>
>>85097871
>why are you in this thread then?
i dont get your question
>>
>>85091152
>Do they really think the audience is so stupid
Lmao just look at this thread
>>
>>85096431
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBV0uOLx8jM
2:28. also in the books they just trace a finger over the center of their face and the mask peels away (or something like that)
>>
>>85092961
this tbqhfam
>>
>>85098076
you did not watch the show.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQYoBvtEPWY
last year terminator vs Zorro was the talk of the town
>>
>>85096771
is jaqen an anime
>>
>>85090603
>Everyone would just hire one instead of starting wars if the show made any sense.
yeah. at first they were all "they are expansive" then I guess RR noticed that nothing can be more expansive than smoke babies, armies and endless loans. so now the faceless operate on the "what you value most" system, if you are a poor beggar girl, they will kill someone in exchange for a flower or indentured servitude, in some cases it maybe half of all the shit you own, your life or even the throne (you pay per kill)
>>
>>85098084
>Lmao
just look at yourself
>>
Duh it's obvious that she learned to imitate his voice and used pillows and stilts to make herself the right body type.

or just assassin minor magic shit. it's weird how many people actually believe that you can just cut someone's face off and when you wear it, it would somehow look realistic
>>
>>85091449
>grown man with his entire household at his disposal
>kills and pies three men
>after luring them into his land under false pretenses

yeah, not quite
>>
>>85091399
George version was no less stupid.
>pie
pie thing was done by someone else. don't recall, someone killed someone so that X guy fed the Y guy pies made out of Y guys sons. its a parallel to an in universe legend about a rat cook
>According to legend, the man who would later be known as the Rat Cook was a simple cook at the Nightfort. He became infamous when he served an Andal king (identified either as King Tywell II of the Rock or King Oswell I of the Vale[2]) a pie that was made of bacon and, unknown to the king, the king's son. The cook killed the prince in revenge for a wrong the king supposedly did to him. The king was unaware of this, however, as he ate and praised the taste and asked for a second piece. The gods were angered — not because the cook had committed murder, nor because he had made the king a cannibal — but because the cook had slain a guest beneath his roof. They cursed the cook and transformed him into a massive rat who was doomed to be unable to eat anything but his own young.[1]
>According to the story, the Rat Cook is an enormous white rat who still lives in the Nightfort today, and all the other rats that inhabit the Nightfort are his descendants

and as for the 50 men. in the book arya is not even in westeros. her mom has been resed from the dead as lady stone and she goes around as a zombi looking angry woman who can't speak but hunts down frey men on the road. using beric dondarrion's army, because beric dondarrion gave his life to res her
>>
>>85097480
Areo hotah
>>
>>85090313
>trying to find logic in a show that has literal magic, dragons, gods, zombies, undead, lich kings, magic weapons, resurrection
but WOAH DUDE HOW DID SHE DISGUISE HERSELF LIKE WTF BRO ?!

really /tv/ ?
>>
>>85092025
In reality when she started to speak like some SJW BULLSHIT, some Drunk Lord would glass this cunt head until her get unconscious, and gave her a good and old buttfuck rape putting her in womans place.
>>
>>85097930
Yeah, this. When she was 'healing' Drogo she was actually infecting the wound, you fucking retards. Dany killed him, that's the entire point.
>>
>>85100880
The whole "harmf, no womens in muh army" was retarded. If he thinks the dead are coming than he should know that he need everyone and its not like the new king is asking to cream his daughter, if he does not believe he should still just humor the king. everyone in Mormont line is known for fighting, her islands whole gimmick is that they have fighting women that are as strong as bears so at best she is saying "we will keep doing what we have been doing all along" yet it shown as some victory against bigots
>>
>>85092025
>>85100880
>>85101161

>we need all soldiers we can muster
>hurr durr teach children how to use weapons they may not even be able to fucking carry by themselves
>lets make them fight and die within microseconds so we can let the night army gather more troops

Seriously, the TV show is turning into "girl power" shit. The only thing that somewhat fits the early GoT motif is Euron
>>
>>85101706
>what are crossbows
>>
>>85101822
do you know how hard and heavy an old corssbow is? no way children can carry it let alone aim is like letting your toddler play with a gun
>>
>>85100647

theres some magic in the show so literally every plot hole and shitty writing can be explained with "ITS JUST MAGIC, DRUMPF"
>>
>>85101822
you have to cock them
>>
File: Civil_War.jpg (19KB, 200x310px) Image search: [Google]
Civil_War.jpg
19KB, 200x310px
>>85101706
>>hurr durr teach children how to use weapons they may not even be able to fucking carry by themselves
are you retarded? What do you think support units are for? children will be ruining around giving out water, running messages, evacuation drills (so you don't have to worry where they are all the time) etc. no one expects a 9 year old to fight a walker but in history there have been many cases where besieged towns people acted as support units. There where whole Russian units made out of kids protecting the motherland, same with germany. When its a war for existence, everyone fights
>>
episode was decent, /got/ so insufferable sometimes
>>
>>85101891
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3McA5fYmxc
>>
>>85101943
In this case, yes - it isn't the first time we see a voice change during a disguise.
>>
>>85101891
if only there were some sort of training to teach them how to use one
>>
>>85101943
How is magic at all a plot convenience in a FANTASY show? Were this a DRAMA or a REAL LIFE COMEDY, or maybe Star Trek! Then I can see you mouthing off. In Martini's words, "It's Sapranos, meets Lord of the Rings!"

You're a dumb ass.

>>85102115
In the Matrix Revolutions, Kid was allowed to fight even though he was 16 and the reason was, "The Machines doesn't care if I'm 10 or 80, they'll kill me just the same."
>>
>Murder some people and have the time to make them into a pie
>then murder Lord Walder without anyone noticing
>then transform into him, summon all his notable family members and murder them
>Then remove your disguise, revealing yourself to at least one witness

I'm not sure what the plan was here, how did she then leave without anyone being suspicious? also as far as I'm aware Arya learned no magic at all and was generally a failure.
>>
>>85102117
>10 min celeb cameo
>Arya killing all the Freys
>Dragonstone left unguarded
>Cersei doesn't send any troops to Dragonstone despite hearing Dany will invade from Dragonstone
>This ep was decent
kill yourself
>>
>>85090222
MAGIC
>>
>>85101963
the sky is blue
>>
>>85102406
>have the time
its comic book time. I mean its not like all the notable family members teleported there, they would need at least few weeks.
>Then remove your disguise, revealing yourself to at least one witness
? The point was to show that she had done it and it was a stark revenge, otherwise people may just assume the old fag just lost his marbles.
>how did she then leave without anyone being suspicious?
suspicious of what? she may have given orders that made sure she would have a clear way out or maybe she pulled on another face the second she was out of the hallways.
>>
>>85102437
Sky has no color. A clear cloudless day-time sky is blue because molecules in the air scatter blue light from the sun more than they scatter red light. When we look towards the sun at sunset, we see red and orange colours because the blue light has been scattered out and away from the line of sight.
>>
>>85102613
thanks friendo
>>
Aside from the Sandor scenes, this was one of the most underwhelming episodes of the entire show.

I know they hype up the first episode every single season, and have all the actors go around with publicity to say how "amazing" it was or how it "blew their minds reading the script" or whatever, but this episode was pure shit outside of that. The show even doesn't look like it used to, the costumes still look good, but they're all out of place and don't feel right in the show (especially Euron). Then there's the absolute nosedive in writing quality courtesy of D&D who have to write everything themselves now, and it really fucking shows how untalented they are. I don't even care about these characters anymore, I just want this show to be over.

The worst part is that they took even more time to write / film this garbage because working on 10 episodes was so difficult for them, how pathetic is that? This is the best shit they could come up with all the additional time they were give, and cutting down the season to only 7 episodes? Just sad.

I say all of this as someone who thought season 6 was pretty decent overall, especially the finale, but this just doesn't feel like the same show anymore. Something is clearly off.
>>
So she was Walder Frey for a couple weeks without anybody the wiser? Then that means she could've sent Frey soldiers to fuck with the Lannisters.
>>
>>85102778
>this was one of the most underwhelming episodes of the entire show.
Im sure we could find more underwhelming eps. its pointless to judge it by eps since there is always a resting ep
>especially Euron
I did not notice anything wrong with others but I noticed him. It felt like he was in modern casual wear.
>and cutting down the season to only 7 episodes?
They are doing that? I guess that explains why we had 5 minutes of danny walking up to a castle. I mean we know its important to her but we don't give a shit, we have not seen any of her flashbacks to good times
>>
>>85102778
It's literally the same shit it's been for the past couple of seasons. Maybe it's your autism?

I'm pretty sure the 7 episode thing has to do with the performers contracts anyway.
>>
>>85102848
>Then that means she could've sent Frey soldiers to fuck with the Lannisters.
but why? she plans on going to them directly and killing them, why would she use a way that would not be effective any would fuck over a lot of common people
>>
File: Civil_War.jpg (157KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Civil_War.jpg
157KB, 1440x900px
>>85102778
>>
>Season cut down to 7 episodes
>First is entirely filler

What did they mean by this?
>>
>>85102412
>autism
>autism
>autism
>autism
>subjective
great analysis
>>
tfw Arya poses as a white walker and kills The Night King
>>
>>85100647
I love this excuse. HAHA ITS A FANTASY SHOW BRO JUST TURN YOUR BRAIN OFF

Why don't characters just shoot lasers out of their eyes? Why don't they just sprout wings and fly around?
>>
>>85091414

Lots of ppl hired assassins to try and kill Dany and the kid who fell off the tower

Faceless men charge more, the more powerful you are. As another anon said, theyll charge a peasent a peice of bread for a kill, but theyll charge a king his kingdom for a laugh
>>
I mean what did you guys want to happen with the first episode?

Establish Jons plan as King of the North, introduce Sansa trying to fight for influence as well.
Character development with Sandor and the Brotherhood.
Arya destroying the entire Frey household showing she's competent and on her murderpath, scene with here and the Lannister troops shows that she's still not a full blown killer and that the Lannister population base doesnt give a fuck about the wars anymore and just want to go home.
Cersei is full on batshit power hungry and Jaime is finally starting to question her.
Euron is power hungry and him and Cersei are being set up as the main antagonists besides the white walkers.
Dany has landed in Westeros and now controls Dragonstone.

It's almost if you guys don't pay attention at all and then look for things to bitch about.
>>
>>85103554
Listen you bloody knob gobbler, Arya spent two friggen years with these face dancing faggots, two years. She's not maRey sue now is she? If anyone in this miserable series deserves to be a magical face dancing shape shifting magic user, it's Arya Stark. She spent two years with them, two bloody years, months of which she did while blind. You remember the bit where the faceless gods blinded her for mucking about with their magic without clearance, you remember this, yeah? C'mon man, get out or get with it, your choice.
>>
>tfw my Redditor friends refuse to acknowledge the drop in quality GoT took after season 4-5

Am I simply being affected by 4chan's cynicism or are they being affected by Reddit's faggotry?
>>
>>85103691
Hell I even forgot about Sams shitty potter adventure. Tons of foreshadowing here and throughout episode that something is going to happen to the wall.
>>
>>85103743
It's always been like this. The production value is great, but the writing and melodrama has always been this way. Especially when D&D went on their own way. Now that they have nothing to base their scripts on prepare yourself or stop watching.
>>
>>85103698
She is not a maRey sue. She could have spent 10 years there, time is meaningless when it comes to earning skill. She spent a lot of her time being brainwashed or used for chores, she learned the magic off screen (without completing her initiation)
>faceless gods
its faceless god you dummy and god did not blind her, the priests used toxins on her.
>>
>>85103743
both. It was meant to be like this from day one, it started with low magic and since danny is bringing the magic back everything is going to get more ridiculous. I mean first seasons did not have the terminator stuff but it did have "play with her ass" and other gems. The whole first season rides on ned being a retard, RR's fake genetics, etc
>>
>>85097657
Google is your friend.
>>
couldn't she have gone to Kings Landing as Walder Frey and kill Jamie and Cersei instead?
>>
>>85103691

>Sansa was a cunt about a literal non argument because jon doesnt want to punish children for the crimes of their fathers

>Sandors scenes are always good

>Aryas scenes were horrible capeshit
i hope she joins the MCU

>Cersei walks around on a not finished painting like a cunt (pardon my autism)

>Euron is dressed like a 90s rockstar

>Dany has landed in completely defenseless dragonstone, conveniently right at the time the viewer took a spoonful of "where is our dragonglass"

come on dude, you act like there were no problems at all
>>
>>85104195
Why not do both, without being Walder ? also is not Walder known for being too old to travel?
>>
>>85104282
Why did not Sansa and john learn that bran is alive? Will sansa use him as tool and make an issue out of the succession? will the show end in a lesbian orgy?
>Sansa was a cunt about a literal non argument because jon doesnt want to punish children for the crimes of their fathers
I half expect her to kill the kids and that to be the cause for conflict between the 2.
>Cersei walks around on a not finished painting like a cunt (pardon my autism)
I did wonder about how much of it was dry. I mean it did look like few days of work had already been done.
>>
>>85104282
Hey I'm not saying there isn't problems. I'm saying that stuff did happen in this episode regardless if you like how it went down or not.
>>
>>85104396
>i wonder about how much of it was dry
probably most of it, but when she went for a drink, she literally walked over the part the painter was working on just a minute ago
>>
>>85090501
why not something like 'lets have a toast! to whatever whatever, now everyone drink!' and then they all drink and start coughing right away 'haha you all just drank poison!'

that would be good writing right?
>>
>>85104416
fair enough
Thread posts: 288
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.