[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people hate on her? She's really good and a qt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 11

File: jodie-whittaker-doctor-who.jpg (279KB, 620x420px) Image search: [Google]
jodie-whittaker-doctor-who.jpg
279KB, 620x420px
Why do people hate on her? She's really good and a qt
>>
>>85087557
Nobody hates her. Everybody hates casting decisions that are made for a million reasons *other* than the continuation of the story.
>>
What's her foot game like though?
>>
>>85087557
i havent heard anyone complain about her being a woman

but i have heard lots of people pretending they are fighting sexism by pretending they have funny things to say regarding those who don't like the casting cos shes a woman, who don't really exist
>>
>>85087843
>new doctor expected to continue a story
Never watched the show I presume
>>
She's an old hag. Not a qt.
>>
>>85087869
amazing, believe me. Could suck on em for days, subsisting only on the sweet nourishing nectar that is her footsweat.
>>
>>85087557
She is one of the most irritating actress i've ever seen.
They already made a bad choice with Capaldi, now the show is finished.
>>
File: pp2svjnd87wmnd.jpg (26KB, 700x350px) Image search: [Google]
pp2svjnd87wmnd.jpg
26KB, 700x350px
>>85087869
Yes good
>>
>>85087557
>replacing a white man with a white woman is so progressive
seems to me like the producers might be a little racist
>>
>>85087995
Spotted the SJW.

Nobody buys this shitty excuse that the producers and feminazis are spouting. The fact that the doctor goes through successive incarnations and reboots the series every few years doesn't do away with the fact that, since day one, the character has always been a time*lord.* All this "well, technically, he could be regenerated as anybody" bullshit is part of why people are pissed off. Just come out and fucking admit that they wanted to do a woman to make a social statement and be done with it.
>>
File: jodi whittaker.jpg (2MB, 2000x1498px) Image search: [Google]
jodi whittaker.jpg
2MB, 2000x1498px
>>85087869
>>
>>85087557
Only virgins care about Dr. Who anyway
>>
>>85087843
Would there be a conceivable situation in which The Doctor could be cast as a woman and it WOULDN'T be seen as the advancement of an agenda in your eyes?
>>
>>85090173
Hayley Atwell because the masturbation would be distracting enough
>>
>>85089474
post more jodi bigfootkino pls
>>
>>85087557
Because how dare a Speculative Fiction TV show dare to challenge my preconceptions?!
>>
>>85087557
It's not that she is the new doctor
it's the "HAHA FUCK YOU WHITE MEN, WE THE DOCTOR NOW!"-attitude portrayed by the media and the SJW's
She'll probably make a good doctor, but her casting will be plagued by the "FUCK MEN" thing
>>
What Whofags think they're saying
>this show has become too politicized, we can't have a woman Doctor now!

What they're actually saying
>we don't want and don't ever want a woman doctor and there will never be a time for one
>>
So how many articles have their been calling Dr Who fans sexist so far?
>>
>>85089315
You definitely don't watch the show because people have regenerated into women for years mate. Stop pretending to be a part of the fanbase to complain
>>
>>85090440
>it's the "HAHA FUCK YOU WHITE MEN, WE THE DOCTOR NOW!"-attitude portrayed by the media and the SJW's

One, can you show me an example of that that isn't from typically SJW-leaning media outlets?
And two, how is that any different than the HAW HAW FUCK YOU SJW SNOWFLAKES! when Capaldi was cast?

Sounds like you can dish it out, but you can't take it.

Also, have you thought that maybe it's NOT an us-versus-them dichotomy and there's been thirteen official portrayals of the doctor that have been white men with zero in-universe reason why, and casting a woman just makes sense?
>>
File: doctor jew.png (303KB, 614x591px) Image search: [Google]
doctor jew.png
303KB, 614x591px
I give it one episode before she uses the word "mansplaining"
>>
>>85090565
Well, I mean, if you have a problem with the present Doctor based solely on her gender, then you are sexist.
Simple as.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck
>>
Who cares? Doctor Who is tumblr sci-fi anyways.

Now it has a chick. Doesn't change how shit it is..
>>
>>85087557
I don't think anyone hates her, but some people are scared shitless that her run will be full of "lol men are dumb" jokes.
>>
Just wait until there is a second female Doctor. People will freak out.
>>
>>85090651
>And two, how is that any different than the HAW HAW FUCK YOU SJW SNOWFLAKES! when Capaldi was cast?
>Sounds like you can dish it out, but you can't take it.
I have done and said nothing of the sort.
Why do you strawman me?
I was merely trying to explain to OP that people don't hate her because she's a woman playing the doctor.

Also, no non-SJW leaning media outlets are even talking about Doctor Who at the moment because it is a dead show to all but to the fringe following
>>
>>85090694

Yeah. TV pretty clearly follows the lowest common denominator.
>>
>>85087557
Very nice boobies.
>>
>>85090936
I'm assuming you mean all media talking about DW is sjw because none of them are as angry at it as they should be
>>
>>85090582
>people regenerated into women for years
You know what? You're absolutely right. That's exactly the point I made. I clearly said that no character has ever regenerated into a woman.
>>
>>85091001
>angry at it as they should be

Mmmmhmmm. Replacing actors is wrong.
>>
File: 1342392031fap-l.png (83KB, 1500x1340px) Image search: [Google]
1342392031fap-l.png
83KB, 1500x1340px
>>85088620
God damn this is the new Doctor?

Sign me the fuck up
>>
File: Jodie Whittaker-boobies.webm (2MB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
Jodie Whittaker-boobies.webm
2MB, 720x720px
>>85091303
hmmmmm
>>
The main audience of middle aged women who want to see a hot brit as DW will be thrilled by this change.
>>
>>85090749
The show is already filled with 'lol men and testosterone is dumb' shit
>>
>>85087557

She's a fantastic actor, there's a whole new production team coming in, the showrunner has worked with her for years and can actually write realistic characters, I think it'll be good.
>>
>>85091030
Those other characters are also called Time Lords. I haven't even seen the last few series, and I know that. What's your excuse?
>>
>>85090173
Yeah if it had happened ten years ago, before the BBC entirely embraced this "must be PC at all costs" mentality
>>
>>85087557
I don't care about having a female Doctor, but how being female affects having a good Doctor.

I mean, it doesn't matter in terms of lore, because it's possible, right? So why not? However, the way writers go about it and the showrunner? That's the scary thing. I mean, let's not pretend they're doing this for creative reasons -- the main thing was "Yeah, let's be the first to make the Doctor female" and "it's the perfect time to do it" and so on. That will undoubtedly affect the tone of the show itself. They should treat the Doctor being female as they have with every other Doctor in that it's just a regeneration. If they get preachy and condescending about "stupid white males" then they can kiss a chunk of the fans goodbye, because, let's be honest...they probably ain't getting new fans from this.

So yeah. It's cool we have a female Doctor, I guess. No reason not to. It makes sense. Just hope that she's a good Doctor in that she's more than "It's not like a Doctor has to be a cis white male, stupid."

Fuck, go ahead and make her a lesbian for all I care. Not like an advanced alien's gonna give a shit about what it's fucking when they can regenerate into the opposite sex. Just give her a personality that goes beyond "I'm gay" or "men are bad".

If what >>85092159 says is true, then I feel all should be well.
>>
>>85090651
>isn't from typically SJW-leaning media outlets
like those exist
>>
>>85090694
>using "it's her turn" unironically
>>
File: 1497394964087.png (204KB, 334x458px) Image search: [Google]
1497394964087.png
204KB, 334x458px
>>85090904
>Implying the show won't be canceled.

This is a ratings grab and it won't work. Casual viewers halve already left, classic fans are turned off and the SJW are calling whoever is left sexist if they don't like the new Doctor for whatever reason. Nobody is left but the sjws and they're more fickle than the wind. The show has like a year left after the woman buzz dies.
>>
>>85092236

So you would have been on board with a female Doctor Who in 2005?

You wouldn't have considered it a sign of 'PC at all costs'?

>>85092314

Of course they do. People in general agree with SJWs, and media outlets are only after money.
>>
File: 1342392032fap-l.jpg (89KB, 1500x1340px) Image search: [Google]
1342392032fap-l.jpg
89KB, 1500x1340px
>>85091352
pls
>>
>>85092338

Ah. So switching gender is a ratings grab. Changing the Doctor back to male would be a ratings grab.
>>
>>85092447
They're not mutually exclusive, anon. The producers are pandering cucks for the switch, and if the new series bombs and they switch back they'll be even bigger cucks.

My bet is that the new series will flop, and they'll just dig their heels in further an get a trans sandnigger for the next incarnation.
>>
File: Feet650.jpg (60KB, 650x389px) Image search: [Google]
Feet650.jpg
60KB, 650x389px
Charlote Beaumont will be the next doctor, after Whittaker.
>>
They changed to so they can blame the cancellation on the patriarchy and "white males".

Like they did when Ghostbusters flopped.
>>
>>85092791

Or they could do what anon implied would be the sensible option, and keep the Doctor as a woman, not change them for ratings.

So as a ratings grab, it would actually increase the number of viewers, you think?
>>
>>85092338
>>85092447
You guys.
It's a syndicated television show.
Literally everything the show does is a ratings grab.
>>
>>85092944
Yeah but a good ratings grab would retain viewers and pull in more not drive half of them off and get a few people to look in before remembering why they never/stopped watching this in the first place and move on.
>>
>>85092399
>People in general agree with SJWs

They really don't, but the BBC thinks they do which is why they go out of their way to pander to them
>>
>>85092934
It's a grab, but that doesn't mean it'll be successful.
>>
>>85093081

Can you tell me this week's lottery numbers please?
>>
>>85093131

Right. Safest thing to do now is to keep the Doctor female from now on.
>>
eh dont worry, as people continue complaining they'll kill her off quick
>>
>>85092399
You're average 9to5 worker doesn't give a flying fuck about SJW bullshit. They really don't. Nobody outside of spoiled millennials and feminist academics every for one second thought that continuing the Doctor as a male was a bad idea. That thought never for a fucking second crossed the mind of 99.9% of the viewership.

Hell, Doctor Who doesn't even have that big of an audience.

You know what show people actually give a shit about? The Great British Bakeoff. People like watching regular, average, everyday people.
>>
>>85091352
So flat chested she might aswell be a male doctor.
>>
>>85093254
it took 7 years before they killed of moffat despite complaints
>>
>>85092921

Pretty much, it's also a final desperate attempt to grab ratings.
>>
>>85093155
Gambling is wrong you degenerate.
>>
>>85093340
And Moffat took down the show while he was being kicked-off.
>>
I don't know much about Doctor Who, but aren't cute nerdy male Doctors part of the appeal for the show's core audience which is women?
>>
File: not bad.jpg (31KB, 607x400px) Image search: [Google]
not bad.jpg
31KB, 607x400px
>>85092921
That's actually not a bad analysis. The show's been on a downhill slide for a while. Rather than admit defeat, just find a scapegoat.
>>
>>85093468
Yes, but if you're a cute nerdy woman and all you like is men, then you're part of the patriarchy. As a society, it's time that we accepted that you should be equally attracted to washed up, b-list, female tv stars.
>>
>>85093312

>Hell, Doctor Who doesn't even have that big of an audience.

So a male Doctor wasn't popular. We know that now. Right?
>>
The show wasn't popular has been growing less and less popular over the years. That much is proven.

That it had anything to do with the fact that the show is about a male lead character is just correlation without any causation.
>>
>>85092288
>If what >>85092159 says is true, then I feel all should be well.
The showrunner foreshadowed this on his previous show by having David Tennant proclaim that he is ashamed to be a man. His Doctor was always going to be a woman and Jodie Whittaker is a fine one.

However, the overdone all males be they men or boys are evil schtick in the third season of Broadchurch does not bode well for Doctor Who the show.
>>
>>85093829

But a female lead would make it less popular?
>>
>>85093689
The show isnt popular you moron. You cant say that unless femDoctor episodes get over 20m views
>>
Because she is white. Not diverse enough. Britain needs to be free of whites to be 100% diverse.
>>
>>85093312
>You're average 9to5 worker doesn't give a flying fuck about SJW bullshit.
Here's the thing. The average person is more disgusted by the anti-SJW crowd (who go to the opposite extreme), than they are annoyed by the pro-SJW crowd.

One side is whining about pronouns, while the other is trying to strip away actual rights from people because "muh degeneracy".
>>
>>85093957
You need to understand that over the past few years the show has been increasingly pandering towards twitter/tumblr demographs. A female lead would be more poplar in those circles and some others.
>>
>>85092338
Every fucking time someone post an Elsa pic it reminds me I have a tiny white dick ;_;
>>
>>85093980

If the ratings go up at all, the femDoctor is successful. Or Doctor Who has never been successful. It's never had 20m viewers.
>>
>>85094063
>Here's the thing. The average person is more disgusted by the anti-SJW crowd (who go to the opposite extreme),
So explain Trump and Brexit? Explain how in the UK, Conservatives have been in power for nearly 7 years?

How are you able to say the average person is left-leaning rather than right-leaning?
>>
>>85094117

Ah. So they're just writing for their audience. Like every show. Anon was implying it was some kind of deliberate trick to lower ratings for some obscure reason.
>>
>>85094063
Really now? So the feminists and sjws aren'nt pushing laws against free speech and making it easier to make false rape claims? In Britain you get prison time for a naughty word on twitter now.
>>
>>85094117
Are you sure a female lead will be that popular?

Why do you think tumblrinas watch Sherlock? Not for the story I can tell you...
>>
>>85094349
>In Britain you get prison time for a naughty word on twitter now.

Which word?
>>
>>85093980

It's constantly in the top 5-10 most watched shows for every Saturday it's on in the UK, even the last few series, where ratings weren't as good. But ratings for nearly all shows have dropped, and that's not counting iplayer

Jodie's made the front page of all the papers, been on the news all night/morning but yeah it's not popular.
>>
>>85089534
>implying anyone on /tv/ has seen a vagina
>>
What would the show have to do to make the ratings go up? Nothing against the casting, even though the agenda is worrying, but I just don't see how the ratings go up past episode 1? We all know feminists are fickle and don't actually support female driven content, but move on to the next oppressive piece of media to tar with their brush. As 'sexist' as it may seem, Doctor Who is a nerdy show and pretty much all nerds, both geek and trendy watch it, but introducing a woman seems like it's gonna drive a lot of them away rather than bring more to them?

I agree with it being time for a female Doctor but this doesn't seem like it's gonna benefit the most important part of a tv show's success; the ratings.
>>
>>85087843
>Everybody hates casting decisions that are made for a million reasons *other* than the continuation of the story.

Yeah heaps of people keep saying some variation of "I'd be fine with a female doctor but they're clearly just doing this because they think they have to, it's so forced." So basically they're fine with the idea of a female doctor as long as it never happens, because if it does then it was clearly just about her gender and not the story.
>>
>>85092333
It's a shop.
>>
File: 1466206550761.png (173KB, 330x377px) Image search: [Google]
1466206550761.png
173KB, 330x377px
>>85093325
>flat chested
>>
>>85095289
>We all know feminists are fickle and don't actually support female driven content, but move on to the next oppressive piece of media to tar with their brush.

Where's this idea that women are only fair weather fans come from? Women are fucking obsessed with fandom bullshit, maybe even more than guys.
>>
>>85095512

>women

Well, I was more specific; feminists. And because most of them who have an issue with shit like this don't even watch the show/movies or play the games or vote in elections that they complain about. They just want the misogny to stop, or so they say.

All in all, I see them turning more away than they're going to bring in with a move like this. I'll choose die hard sexist fans moving away from the product being more likely and damaging than female-doctor happy feminists walking in and increasing viewership. Most women either watch the show already, like the doctor being male or will never watch the show in a million years anyway.
>>
>>85095289

Having a great first episode and an intriguing story arch? Maybe bring back Captain Jack for an episode or two so there's a familiar face to get people who are put off to keep watching. I don't know, glad I'm not a showrunner.
>>
>>85087557
has she been blacked??
>>
>>85090173
If they pull it off as subtly as they did Bills homosexuality it'll be great.
>>
>>85087557
i hope her companion is a big muscular black guy,it'd be so hott!!
>>
>>85090582
Only 2 have.
>>
>>85095885
>I'll choose die hard sexist fans moving away from the product being more likely and damaging than female-doctor happy feminists walking in and increasing viewership.

How many die hard sexist fans of Doctor Who are there left? If they're worried about the show becoming PC as fuck, well it already has been since the revival.
>>
>>85096051
Three. The General, Missy and the Corsair.
>>
I wanted Richard Ayoade DESU
>>
>>85096272
Ayoade has ZERO gravitas.
>>
>>85096320

Negative gravitas is not zero gravitas.

Bill Murray has ZERO gravitas. Shia LaBeouf has ZERO gravitas. Paul Dano has ZERO gravitas. Sam Hyde has ZERO gravitas. It's hard to do well and it's awesome when it is done well.
Thread posts: 100
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.