[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some movies with legitimately horrible twist endings?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: obsessionposter.jpg (41KB, 500x394px) Image search: [Google]
obsessionposter.jpg
41KB, 500x394px
What are some movies with legitimately horrible twist endings?
>>
>>
File: frailty.jpg (64KB, 908x507px) Image search: [Google]
frailty.jpg
64KB, 908x507px
>>85083851
This one takes the cake for me.

There are movies with worse "twists", like say Wild Things or whatever Shamalyamamanan is doing this year, but the thing with Frailty is that the setup had so much potential. This could have been a movie like Se7en where people talk about what a punch in the gut it was forever. And they wasted it.
>>
>>85084355
You are wrong.
>>
>>85084355
I never got to finish this movie, always end up sleeping. What's the twist in this? The people killed are actually demons?
>>
The Stepford Wives remake had a retarded twist ending for no reason. In the end, it turned out the wives aren't actually robots,
despite this making absolutely no sense at all
>>
>>85084817
>In the end, it turned out the wives aren't actually robots,
>despite this making absolutely no sense at all
but they were? the twist was that Christopher Walken was a robot as well and his wife WASN'T a robot.
>>
"Spoorloos". I doubt any other movie will ever have such a sickening, heartless twist.
>>
>>85084600
The twist is that the son sees demons like his father and he sees the cop is actually a bad man
>>
>>85084600
yes
>>
>>85084887
what was the twist in this. i remember it being straight forward
>>
I appreciate the thread OP but I hate watching movies knowing there's a shocking twist at some point.
>>
>>85084958
>>85084967
Wow. That just made the movie pointless.
>>
>>85084979
The husband agrees to let the killer show him what his wife saw before she died. He drinks something and wakes up buried alive.
>>
>>85085079
>plot turns out to be the plot the movie had all along
>wow it's so le pointless dude
You're a moron.
>>
>>85085133
>>85084887

its horrible in that its depressing and sinister and theres not a glimmer of hope. But it's a good ending.
>>
Usual Suspects because it's more obvious than a Twilight Zone episode
>>
>>85083851
Monster A Go Go
High Tension
2001 Planet of the Apes
>>
>>85085133
right, right. i kind of found it to be the natural progression of events and not much of a twist.
>>
>>85085194
Just because it was telegraphed doesn't mean it's "legitimately horrible". At least the twist in Usual Suspects makes sense. The twist in Obsession completely ruins the movie.
>>
File: Contact_ver2.jpg (51KB, 270x400px) Image search: [Google]
Contact_ver2.jpg
51KB, 270x400px
>>
>>85085142
Then what's the point of the guy going to confess to the cop, enlightened one?
>>
>>85085242
>2001 Planet of the Apes
Yeah, the Obama statue was too much.
>>
>>85086190
Because he was luring the cop out to kill him.
He was continuing on the actions of his Dad. The theme of the movie was about faith, honor and tradition.
The son who rebelled against the father turned into a troubled murderer who brought pain everywhere. The son who honored the father was righteous and punished the wicked.
The only kinda twist is which kid is good. But the movie has loads of hints to tell you that.
>>
>>85084225
There was a twist?
>>
>>
>>85083851
That movie that ends with a giant spider on the wall
>>
>>85086966
IT?
>>
>>85086966
Enemy, right?
>>
>>85086966
>>85087095
Enemy
>>
File: shit.jpg (129KB, 675x1000px) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
129KB, 675x1000px
>>
>>85083851
Brian DePalma is the worst famous director of all time.
Phantom of the Paradise is alright I guess.
>>
>>85087321
Yeah, he is definitely capable (Blow Out is pretty decent, Scarface is great) but everything else I've seen by him is either mediocre or outright terrible. Obsession, Bonfire of the Vanities, The Untouchables, Snake Eyes, Raising Cain, Carlito's Way... It's easier to say which movies he's made hasn't sucked.
>>
>>85087450
>Carlito's Way
>bad
you fucking kidding me
>>
>>85087517
I made my decision that I didn't like Carlito's Way during the "poolcue thwarted assassination attempt" scene. They took what could have actually been a pretty tense sequence and turned it into a cheeky joke. Then I realized that's all De Palma does (see The Untouchables, which has the worst Ennio Morricone score of all time)
>>
>>85086762
Grumpy cop Mark Ruffalo is secretly the master magician who is recruiting the gang of magicians he is chasing.
It's all a ruse to fuck with Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine for what they did to his daddy

God I hate this movie so much.
>>
The latter cuts of Blade Runner.
>>
>>85086743
>The only kinda twist is which kid is good. But the movie has loads of hints to tell you that.
Ah, now that makes more sense.
>>
>>85083851
one of the most underrated of all-time
>>
>>85090428
John Lithgow's performance is so awful I wanted to cry. It's a really bad movie.
>>
>>85090724
Not that same anon but his performance and how the movie willing to go so over the top is why I like it so much.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.