[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which film is better?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 23

File: mosbvs.png (327KB, 464x324px) Image search: [Google]
mosbvs.png
327KB, 464x324px
Which film is better?
>>
the second one tells a better story. the directors cut is kino
>>
>>85081579
For me personally its bvs
>>
>>85081579
I think Man of Steel is slightly more solid and cohesive while BvS suffered from certain last minute forced studio decisions.

But BvS is so fucking ambitious, so fucking ambitious, that even while having a bit more flaws than MoS, I think its the better movie.

Frankly I would remove Wonder Woman completely, move the JL scene to the batcave and work something bigger for Doomsday. The movie was once a 2 parts movie and it shows.

Liked both theater and ultimate cut. In fact, I think the theater one had a darker tone.
>>
>>85081579
Henry Cavill is probably the most one-dimensional flat actor in the industry. So I would say MoS is worse.
>>
>>85081579
MoS directors cut is the best capeshit movie ever made
>>
>>85082525
How so?
>>
>>85082585
I hope you are not talking about that fanplebshit that only increased saturation and made Superman look purple, along with putting the original soundtrack of the Donner movie.

I hope you are talking about the 4 hours never released cut that Snyder talked about a lot of times.
>>
File: 1476564759754.jpg (54KB, 680x598px) Image search: [Google]
1476564759754.jpg
54KB, 680x598px
Man of Steel = they will race after you
BvS = they will stumble, they will fall
Justice League = they will join you in the sun

*grins slightly*
And they say Snyder films aren't smart.
>>
BvS. It's more ambitious, more complex, more satisfying, though MoS is still a brilliant film.
>>
>>85082666
You know its just another hour added to the batfleck crosstraining montage, right?
>>
>>85081579
Both shit. WW is the only good DCEU movie.
>>
Man of Steel
>>
>>85082699
because they're basic bitch highschool bible symbolism.
>>
>>85082847
>MoS
>Batfleck

>>85082884
WW is a serviceable popcorn flick in the vein of the MCU formula. Mediocre as fuck and no rewatch value, but certainly fun at the theater. Entertaining, but not a good movie. Let alone a film. Its Captain America 1 done slightly better.
>>
A guy shitting on your chest, or a guy pissing on the back of your year.
Which is better?
>>
>>85082884
>>85082946
Disney shills and brainwashed plebbery arrived.
Dont let them stop you from being DComfy.
>>
File: 1436638935805.jpg (372KB, 544x1402px) Image search: [Google]
1436638935805.jpg
372KB, 544x1402px
These aren't films you entry level fucking pleb
They're movies
>>
>>85083076
BvS has a bit of each 3.

Or at least tries to bring some of the cinema/film sensibilities to the movie universe.
>>
File: 1500227973010.png (2MB, 1920x1597px) Image search: [Google]
1500227973010.png
2MB, 1920x1597px
Batman v Superman made me appreciate MoS more. I feel like MoS isn't a whole without BvS.
>>
>>85081579
BvS was a more artistic endeavor but MoS was better elsewhere
>>
>>85081579
MOS is better but both are trash. MOS is just less trash.
>>
>>85083076
Frankly if you made MoS the story of a middle eastern refugee that integrates deeply in the culture that adopted him, then joins the army to help the people of his new country and realizes he has too choose between the values of his new culture and the terroristic savage nature of his old heritage becoming a hero for his new home, but at the same time a bane to his heritage and culture people (specially liberals) would eat that shit and give them 30000 Oscars.

Replace countries with planets and terrorist bombs for World Engines, and now you believe its a vapid superfluous shit, but frankly it has the same politics as the movie I just described.

Even by your definition, MoS is political and therefor a film. See if you can articulate a proper answer instead of a shitty buzzword reply.
>>
>>85083537
The problem with that is trying to remix "LITERALLY THE UNITED STATES: THE SUPER HERO" as representing islam.

You basically need to ignore the entire history of the character and the US in order for that parallel to function.
>>
>>85083537
You can just tell this brainlet use to call movies like Captain America 2 a "political" thriller. What an utter fucking surface level drone
>>
>>85083623
united states the superhero is not the case in comics since years ago. And who cares about comics, we are talking about the movie and what happens in the movie only in which an immigrant torn between the people of its new home and the terroristic nature of his old peers.
>>
>>85083782
>hello I am now ignoring how the UNITED STATES was founded by immigrants to support an idiotic proposition that SUPERMAN REPRESENTS ISLAM
>>
>>85083856
Im not saying he represents Islam. Im saying if you take the fucking same movie and made it about a muslim cop or military guy fighting his old people for the sake of its new country, people would eat that shit as the most politically relevant film of this decade.
>>
>>85083537
Hello again, literally the only person who thinks this, it has been a while. Your previous reluctance to just state your interpretation of MoS directly now makes a lot of sense, as now that you just drop it straight out, it is incomprehensibly stupid and you come off as someone suffering from some manner of organic brain damage.
>>
>>85083917
To believe that, you have to ignore a large number of sociopolitical influences, history, etc.
>>
>>85083537
>frankly if you turned this movie into another movie it would be the same
>>
>>85083989
Its a political movie you like it or not. Its the story of a refugee torn between his violent heritage of terrorists and his new home with american values.

Tho I disagree with it because muslims and refugees can fuck off.
>>
>>85084116
Nah, you're just injecting your idiotic political sensibilities onto everything as they're the only functional model for reality you have to live by.
>>
>>85084146
Yes, thats what people do with films that have substance. People discuss and project their philosophical ideas and politics. See the trillion interpretations for 2001.

Of course there is not much to discuss with the mouse so your brain gets a mild atrophy after watching the same movie again and again and again.

But trust me, the best works of art (not implying MoS is one of thosse) are open to interpretations that often change with time.
>>
They're both such unbelievable garbage, but at least BvS didn't have Sears, 7-11 and Ihop ads plastered all over. Seriously, does WB have no respect for their audience? And then they go and try to pretend this trash is some kind of smart cinema. Zack Snyder can go eat a cock.
>>
>>85084272
All you're really talking about is people who have their heads up their asses will project their bullshit onto literally everything and anyone remotely sane will ignore them.

Not to mention you're literally the only person in existence trying to apply some deeper meaning to MoS. And the deeper meaning you're attempting to project onto MoS is utterly moronic.
>>
>>85084369
>batman driving into 9/11 in possibly the shittiest looking jeep possible
>the dust coalesces around the JEEP logo as it flashes red after navigates a number of tight twists and turns at "high" speed.
>>
>>85081579
I liked BvS, but MoS was boring as fuck, I don't know why DCucks like it.
>>
MoS, BvS had good ideas but was all over the place. MoS also managed to make a generic capeshit story actually affecting.

Either way, they are the only two good capeshit films.
>>
>>85084371
We can always talk about the nature vs nurture aspect of the movie, krypton being a degenerate authoritarian shithole that killed the concept of families and abused science to make children without parents (gay as fuck) and other stuff, but the immigration stuff is an often forgotten topic of the movie.

Regardless, its fine if you dont agree or if you feel different about the motive of the movie. The fact we can have some substantial discussion about what should simply be another capeshit flick its already fucking good.

I repeat, you might think my interpretation is wrong but try reading the trillion interpretations of The Shining, 2001 and others. Movies with potential to be discussed. Movies open to different interpretations.

I liked BvS better
>>
File: what_the_fuck_am_I_reading.png (19KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
what_the_fuck_am_I_reading.png
19KB, 400x400px
>>85084369
>>85084412
>12 year olds using product placement as reasonable criticism
You have to be 18 or older to post here, maybe you could fine a home at r/iamverysmart.
>>
>>85081579
Trick question, they're both dogshit of the exact same caliber.
>>
>>85081579
I prefer dog shit over human shit desu but thats just me, im not a cuck
>>
>>85084626
I repeat, just because you can cherry pick some bullshit to fit a pre-baked interpretation doesn't mean that interpretation was intended or even valid. Just because lots of people do this doesn't mean your interpretation is valid.

also the nurture vs nature debate of mos has all the depth of the average wading pool, as once you go that direction, its quickly obvious the reason krypton fell is because they had genetically engineered behavior to a level where kryptonians were no longer sufficiently adaptable to adjust to dramatically changing situations. Which also means jorle engineered kale, and kale is simply responding to genetic predispositions to heroism and all of the kent stuff was specifically structured as a series of impediments to what his real father created him to be.
>>
>>85082656

This, he plays mopey emo kiddie like no other
>>
>>85084641
Its kinda incontrovertible fact that snyder puts more effort into the ad placement than any other aspect of his movies.
>>
File: 1498912182885.jpg (58KB, 827x441px) Image search: [Google]
1498912182885.jpg
58KB, 827x441px
>>
>>85084804
>I repeat, just because you can cherry pick some bullshit to fit a pre-baked interpretation doesn't mean that interpretation was intended or even valid.

baka
>>
>>85082884
>WW
>worst villain
>worst climax
>repetitive opening
BvS was superior
>>
>>85084804
>Just because lots of people do this doesn't mean your interpretation is valid.
Well thanks captain obvious. What is the CORRECT interpretation of 2001 since Kubrick gave no official one?

I never claimed my interpretation was correct. I claimed the movie has enough substance to make this guesses and interpretations based on personal politics/philosophy. Which already elevates it from the competitors.

That happens with films and cinema.
>>
>>85083076
Where is the kino section?
>>
>>85084847
stop pulling shit out of your ass, this is literally the first time i've heard anyone complain about snyder's product placement.
stick to one false narrative, your smear campaign isn't working
>>
Batman v Superman. MoS dropped the ball hard in its second half.
>>
MoS is amazing
>>
>>85084412
>not respecting jeep renegade
>>
>>85084804
Well there you have. You gave us a politicaly charged interpretation of Krypton genetic system.

And when (not if, but when) Europeor the jews start pulling this genetic type of treatment to give a couple of men a son, and years later to start modying "problematic" genes to make the population more passive we will look back at MoS and say "well, it maybe WAS political after all"
>>
>>85081579
you know both and DcuckEU are shit
>>
>>85085160
You faggots are making it out as if it was intended though. All these DCucks literally sing the same song, its disgusting. At least marvel fans aren't a hivemind scum
>>
>>85084804
How did he engineer kalel? Superman just had free will
>>
>>85085773
>>85085773
>>85084672
>>85084655
>>85084655
Well, they sure fooled me on both hivemind and scum acounts
>>
>>85085800
Imagine Homeflopping being so much of a turd you spend your days here instead.
>>
Not sure story wise but I feel like MoS had more memorable elements

>first flight
>Krypton had its chance
>Zod in general

Can't really say the same for BvS other than Ben Affleck was a great Batman.
>>
>>85082941
>Its Captain America 1 done slightly better.
Lel, the first 10 minutes of WW was the cringiest shit I've seen lately.

>I must train her.
>You can't train her.
>I'm gonna train her anyway.
>Ok, you can train her.
>What have I done? She should never have trained.
>>
Any /co/tard types in here know if it's possible they'll revive Superman in another movie? I don't know shit about the comics so he'd could've died before for all I know.
>>
>>85085216
In Quentins mind because his favorite film was actually a movie this whole time
>>
>>85086628
>>first flight
That scene is so fucking awesome. Its just clark in a superman costume pushing himself to his limit.
>>85086774
Superman is shown to be reviving as the movie ends anon.
>>
File: IMG_4528.jpg (59KB, 640x358px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4528.jpg
59KB, 640x358px
>>85086774
It's not a matter of if but of how. Snyder likes to play with the audience so I'm guessing it will be more than just Superman flying upwards to the sun in smiles.
>>
File: 1500235910402.png (781KB, 1139x656px) Image search: [Google]
1500235910402.png
781KB, 1139x656px
>>85081579
BvS > MoS > SS.
>>
>>85087009
>Superman is shown to be reviving

Shit I don't remember that unless it was an after the credits thing
>>
>>85087236
You see the particles fly upward and hear the coffin begin to shake.

It's kinda ironic that people were butthurt that superman wasn't being such a boyscout all the time in MoS and BvS, but in the end his death and sacrifice proves to people that he really loves earth and is willing to die for it.
>>
>>85087318
Before MoS, people complained he was too cheesy and boyscoutish. This is why Superman Returns failed. It's the hardest superhero to put on film because of his seemingly flawless character. Snyder portrays even his flaws but it triggers some fanboys somewhat madly.
>>
MoS is pure shit, BvS is pure kino
>>
>>85087376
He portrays superman in an extremely nuanced way. I would love snyder to eventually do a Martian Manhunter film.
>>
>>85082312
Having Wonder Woman in BvS before the WW movie came out felt like a forced 'hype building' technique from execs.
Should have had BvS be about Batman and Superman entirely.
Then a few origin movies for the others (WW, aquaman) etc before the Justice League.
Depowerer all the other heroes to show them struggling to fill the hole that godlike superman left behind, with a Batman with newly refreshed morals leading the group trying to fill supermans shoes.
Once Supes is resurrected he can be the thing 'people strive towards' like he was meant to be.

No idea where SS would fit or if it even needed to exist at all.
>>
>>85087440
>MoS is pure shit
It's one thing to say one is better than the other but this is objectively wrong.
>>
Two films? I see two flicks.
>>
>>85087376

Don't forget that people complained for the longest time that the previous Superman movies, outside of the second one, always used Lex Luthor or characters like him and had Superman only lifting heavy shit, which made them boring and repetitive, when they could make a film showing Superman going all out against kryptonians or Brainiac, Mongul and stuff, in scenes that truly captured the awesome fights and huge destructions from the comics.

Then MoS comes out giving people all of that and people complain.
>>
>>85087236
>After credits
Zsck Snyder wouldnt sanction that plebbery.
>>
The only thing that drags MoS down for me is the whole genetic codex shit in Superman blood that is never mentioned again and was only used in the movie to create an excuse to make Zod come after Superman.

It didn't even fit with the idea of Superman being a free kryptonian outside the reach of their eugenics program.
>>
>>85087543
>he bought the Disney vr
>>
File: 1500097886210.jpg (189KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1500097886210.jpg
189KB, 1080x1080px
>>85088045
>mfw Nolan indirectly took a huge dump on all Marvels by saying after credits is not real cinema
>>
I think MoS, although they are both pretty average.
>>
>>85088138
>indirectly
He was as direct as his classy persona would allow him.
>>
>>85088076
In a way that turns superman into the last living remnant of krypton, and eventually superman could recreate crypton with the codex encoded in his dna.
>>
>>85089663

Something that will probably never happen. It wasn't even referenced in BvS, showing how much of little importance it is. It also conflicted with the whole free agent thing.
>>
>>85081579
wonder woman is the right answer here
>>
>>85090170
did you not see the colony ship blowing up?
>>
>>85085255
Hello and welcome to your first zack Snyder related thread
>>
>>85085507
The problem, of course, is trying to argue behavior is genetic is borderline tautology and utterly meaningless.
>>
>>85085160
>What is the CORRECT interpretation of 2001

Read the book.
>>
MoS, it's less cluttered, it has a better idea of what it it's trying to be.
>>
>>85091146
It really isn't. Your low expectations just made it seem better
>>
>>85092755
The book was written after the movie you retard and diverges a lot. The movie and the book are different versions of the same story. And Kubrick doesnt acknowledge the book.

Lets not even talk about the whole group of books and its shitty explanations.

Clarke a hack and you a fucking retard for believing the book explains the movie.
>>
>>85093048

They were written at the same time. One doesn't lead from or to the other.
>>
>>85081579
MoS is more accessible to casual fans. BvS is a treasure trove for anyone deeply familiar with coming miss lore, though, so my tastes lean toward the latter.
>>
>>85087545
People are complaining because zack Snyder isn't going into the flaws of superman. As the best depiction of his flaws was in the comic TDKR, where superman is portrayed as a superpowered, not too intelligent farm boy, whom, when presented with a sufficiently compling argument for what is right and wrong, would willingly drag the world down into hell and no one could ever stop him. As an invulnerable body would give rise to an equally invulnerable will.

Snyder went a completely different direction, by depowering superman to a ridioulous level but keeping the "particularly dumb" aspect. Which means superman no longer comes off as a walking god, something that could wipe all of humanity from existence in an instant if the idea ever took hold in his head. But, instead, just a marginally stronger person. Then Snyder fucks up harder by having lex zuckerberg mangle some Epicurus, which leaves the snyder superman movies on the note of "why call him superman?"
>>
>>85081579
MoS was good but the plot was very unfocused in trying to be an origin story alongside a first encounter with Zod story. Should have kept Zod to be the common enemy Batman helps him with imo. That way Doomsday isn't thrown in to BvS
>>
>>85081579
I prefer Man of Steel and genuinely think it was one of the best super hero films in a long time. It's better than pretty much everything Marvel has produced with the exception of Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy 1. If we're talking pure aesthetics and cinematography, then Man of Steel is superior to all Marvel films.

That being said, the opening scene in BvS from Bruce's view is probably the best scene in all of DC/Marvel. It's fucking outstanding
>>
>>85093370
>which leaves the snyder superman movies on the note of "why call him superman?"

Why is that a bad thing? The theme of these films is fallibility.
>>
File: IMG_0397.jpg (196KB, 1943x1464px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0397.jpg
196KB, 1943x1464px
>>85083443
I very much feel the same way. It took BvS to make a lot of things in MoS click home for me. These movies are less serialized continuations than they are individual pieces of a larger tapestry.
>>
File: CRINGEKINO.jpg (218KB, 809x1166px) Image search: [Google]
CRINGEKINO.jpg
218KB, 809x1166px
Jeez, I dunno what to choose
>LET THEM DROWN CLARK
>Superman was never real, MARTHA
>>
>>85093606
The problem with deconstructing superman leaves you with something that in no way resembles superman.
>>
>>85093893
Even at his weakest under the feet of Wayne, he still remained true to his character. That is Superman.
>>
>>85082525
>Henry Cavill is probably the most one-dimensional flat actor in the industry. So I would say MoS is worse.
this is repeated so often but i never get where all this hatred stems from. i really like cavill as superman and he delivers rather well IMO.

for example take the first encounter of batman and superman with the infamous "consider this mercy" line. just look at cavills face while giving that little speech, he portraies the disgust so amazingly.

fucking awesome.
>>
>>85094151
>Superman
>being in disgust because someone is playing vigilante hero just like himself
It's not about Cavil, he is literally perfect for role, it's about character which was written as angry sociopath who hates humanity but forced by plot to save people
>>
>>85094278

He's no more a sociopath than the average human being
>>
>>85094278
You completely missed 90% of BvS. I don't know why you think you're qualified to criticise it. Superman is beneath the law, Batman is above.

Also stop using psychology terms beyond your comprehension.
>>
>>85094278

He doesn't hat humanity. Where the hell did you get that idea?
>>
>>85094414
This is the part where he says Clark only saves humans out of ego. Just wait for it. I recognize that poster.
>>
>>85094278
>It's not about Cavil, he is literally perfect for role, it's about character which was written as angry sociopath who hates humanity but forced by plot to save people

a) superman unlike batman is not shown to bring down street criminals. he is only shown to save people from natural disasters or fires.

b) batman is marking his victims so they get killed in prison. he is portrayed as a corrupted batman.

>it's about character which was written as angry sociopath who hates humanity but forced by plot to save people

what? where is it shown that he hates humanity? how is he a sociopath? from the movie i got the feeling that he still is unsure where his position in the world really is. what he is supposed to do and what he rather should refrain from doing.

it is a growing up story in that regard.
>>
My biggest fear is that Justice League will be a reaction to the hate BvS received. I'll know for sure if it gets a high score on plebbittomatoes.
>>
Man of Steel nails the aesthetics of Superman, and some scenes with no dialogue like First Flight are the best of the Snyderverse. Shame its ruined by a hammy plot and Snyders cameta zoom ins and lens flares.

Similar thing with BvS, superman rescuing people, batmans intro all have great pacing and music that bring it all together. It's when the characters start talking Snyder starts to lose me.
>>
>>85094342
You're surrounded by sociopaths and terrible human beings then
>>85094395
>>85094414
>SUPERMAN WAS NEVER REAL
>NOTHING STAYS GOOD IN THIS WORLD
That's all what you need to know about Edgeman
Also disgust and anger on his face everytime when he is forced to save these disgusting humans.
>>
>>85094565
>batman is marking his victims so they get killed in prison.
Confirmed for watching movie by ass. Opinion discarded.
>>
>>85094709
>SUPERMAN WAS NEVER REAL
What do you think he meant by this?
>>
>>85094709

It's not saving them that bothers him, it's knowing that he can't save everyone, yet people are still viewing him as an almost messianic figure.

There's literally nothing that would imply he regards people with anything other than genuine compassion. What makes him so conflicted about what he does is his uncertainty about living up to his responsibility towards them and the nagging question if his existence doesn't just make things worse.
>>
>>85094858
That it was dream of dead farmer from Cansas who likes to show up as a ghost and tell stories about dead horses. Also teaching his kid to not help others and be paranoidal sociopath who only cares about his mommy and woman he fucks.
>>
>>85095010
I know one sociopath now.
>>
>>85094914
Get out of here with your spot on character analysis and calm demeanor
>>
>>85094806
>Confirmed for watching movie by ass. Opinion discarded.
then please update me. why is he marking them?
>>
>>85094914
>messianic figure.
Maybe he should talk to them, you know? Tell some inspiring words, say something like "I'm just like you, I just want to help the others. I have some special talents and I use them for got and helping other people. Everyone have special talents. And if they will use it to help other people, world will be a much better place". Not only flies silently with contempt on his face.
>if his existence doesn't just make things worse.
It is. He is a literally cancer to humanity. He caused death and mass destruction in MoS. also explosion in the court and the whole mess of BvS.
>>
>>85082884
Pajeet pls
>>
>>85095207
>He caused death and mass destruction in MoS
yes while trying to protect the world from an alien threat who would have killed every single human alive.
>>
>>85095010
I will never understand how anyone could seriously believe Snyder intended for hi pa kent to want Clark to be anything other than a paranoid hermit who'd let children, his friends, and his entire family die to protect his secrets.
>>
>>85095207
This is the problem. There's no reason to assume that Superman be a well-adjusted individual who knows the right thing to say and the right way to say it. There's no reason why he should have confidence in his actions, he has no idea if he's doing the right thing and nobody to reassure him.
>>
Reading threads about DC products always makes me feel like I'm in middle school talking at the cafeteria table. I can't believe that people think these movies are deep because they have multiple instances of paper thin symbolism.

When the director is known for shooting movies to look cool, you should already know you're not really getting into something intelligent.
>>
>>85095138
Because he is mad and insane angry retard. If he wanted them dead - he would kill them by himself. He is a mass murderer in BvS, remember? Labeled guy was killed only because Luthor ordered it to make Superman more mad about Batman. Also Clark is a terrible reporter who trusted that shit. Well, Batman is a terrible detective in the movie, so...
>>
>>85095409
you are wrong.
i quote:
"The official answer by Zack Snyder and Co. is that the Bat-Brand is an unofficial mark that Batman reserves for the worst of the criminal classes, i.e., rapists, mass-killers, pedophiles, etc. The move was begun by Batman in order to provide the Gotham cops with a means to ID criminals (Cops can ID criminals using distinguishing marks in real life - like birthmarks, scars or tattoos). "

https://www.quora.com/In-Batman-v-Superman-why-do-criminals-kill-other-criminals-who-have-been-branded-by-Batman
>>
>>85095399
Uh dude it's actually super deep symbolism? The jar of urine wasn't just a jar of urine, it was actually a commentary on the ineffectiveness of the congressional system while establishing in that plot that mark zuckerberg actually, like, plans things, like? I can't believe you'd say such dumb things about based #DaddySnyder. You've gotta be some kind of brainwashed kool aid correct-the-record libcuck. Make America Great Again.
>>
>>85095375
And this characterization is the result of people who believe Clark is the summation of all of superman's weaknesses and the main thing holding him back from being HELLA FRIGGIN EPIC

To say it's just about the shittiest possible read on the character and only particularly slow adolescents (or Mexicans) could agree with it.
>>
>>85095349
>alien threat he caused
What a hero!
>>85095375
There is reason to assume that Superman should be a decent human being and understend how to act as one. Not as a silent flying alien with superpowers.
>he has no idea if he's doing the right thing and nobody to reassure him.
That's because he stupid redneck father haven't taught him anything good and died a fucking retarded death in front of his face which traumatized Clark even more.
>>
>>85095207
>>>85094914 (You)
>>messianic figure.
>Maybe he should talk to them, you know? Tell some inspiring words, say something like "I'm just like you, I just want to help the others. I have some special talents and I use them for got and helping other people. Everyone have special talents. And if they will use it to help other people, world will be a much better place".

You know how that'd probably end? A little something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zjz16xjeBAA&app=desktop
>>
>>85095528
>news from some shitty site is a better source than an actual movie
Goddamnit.
>>
>>85095577
>>alien threat he caused
>What a hero!
what? how did he cause that? zod and his mates found earth all by themselves and clark had zero knowledge of them nor the ability to contact them in any way
>>
>>85095618
That's a comedy and Zach Snyder can't do that. More likely he'd address the crowd and say
>THE NEXT TIME YOU TRY TO WORSHIP ME?
>DON'T.
>I AM NOT A MESSIAH. BURY YOUR STATUES OR I'LL MAKE YOU BLEED.
>>
>>85095528
>starts branding criminals
>branded criminals get killed in jail
>keeps branding criminals

There is a certain point in this where whatever reasons batfleck has for the branding are tossed and he's just doing it so he can pretend he isn't murdering people.
>>
>>85095546
Sorry, Snyder, you need to go into films if you wanna make good movies.
>>
These Marvel shitposts are more creative than a decade of MCU flicks I'll give them that.
>>
File: manofkino.jpg (2MB, 5756x2404px) Image search: [Google]
manofkino.jpg
2MB, 5756x2404px
Man of Steel is far superior
>>
>>85095577
>There is reason to assume that Superman should be a decent human being and understend how to act as one

What is it?
NIGHTMARE MODE: From within the internal logic of the film, not just "b-but I think Superman should be this way"

Arguments against: he's an invulnerable supercapable alien, his father died when he was young after providing inconsistent and sometimes questionable parental guidance, he wandered the world as a lonely outcast for years before donning the mantle, he's under incredible pressure to save mankind etc. etc.

There are so many reasons he should be divorced from the human condition.
>>
>>85095618
>implying DC citizens as stupid as fanatics.
That's the thing. People of DC always was smart and loved their heroes. People from DCEU are fucking retards. Pa Kent is a prime example.
>>85095715
>what is beacon Clark accidently activated
Why are you even here?
>>
>>85095715
>be superman
>walk into clearly active alien ship that you're pretty sure is related to the ship you came to earth in
>hit literally every button

>HOW COULD HE KNOW MORE ALIENS WOULD COME???

You're just lending credence to the idea Clark is legitimately retarded.
>>
>>85095715
Don't bother. Man of Steel haters are the most dishonest bunch this board carries.
>>
>>85095730

It's a comedy but it illustrates my point quite well. If you can fly, lift trucks and shoot lasers from your eyes "I'm just like you" isn't gonna change anyones mind, neither that of those wo think youre their saviour nor of those who think you're a dangerous alien invader.
>>
>>85095871
>providing inconsistent and sometimes questionable parental guidance
As you could notice, I'm not blaming Clark for being angry edgelod. It's all about paranoidal redneck sociopath who raised him this way. Pa Kent is a whole reason why Superman in DCEU is a shitty hero and person.
>>
>>85095774
>There is a certain point in this where whatever reasons batfleck has for the branding are tossed and he's just doing it so he can pretend he isn't murdering people.

the original disputed point was that batfleck does mark the criminals so they get killed in prison. undisputable criminals get killed when they are marked. so the only point left is whether batfleck intends that to happen.

if you recall the final scene with luthor in prison we see redeemed batfleck NOT marking luthor.
he knows very well what happens to criminals with his mark.

if he didnt care whether they lived or died there would be no need to mark them.

i keep my stance:
he marks them so they get killed in prison. that is why clark opposes him.
evidence:
clark reading newspapers about batman giving criminals his mark as a death sentence in prison and clarks facial expressions.
>>
>comic superman
>raised by good parents and wants to save people. Its a burden but one he accepts happily.

>Snyder Man
>raised by an awful father. Seems to hate saving people. Is more burdened by saving people than the idea that he can't save them all.

It reminds me a lot of that Devil May Cry fiasco where they turned Dante into Donte and did everything opposite and wrong.
>>
>>85095973

OK

And what's wrong with that
>>
I honestly think Homecoming being shit has turned a contigent of marlels mentally ill. Just look at their inane shitposts.
>>
>>85096000
>Is more burdened by saving people than the idea that he can't save them all.

why do you think that?
>>
>>85095950
>>be superman
>>walk into clearly active alien ship that you're pretty sure is related to the ship you came to earth in
>>hit literally every button
>>HOW COULD HE KNOW MORE ALIENS WOULD COME???
it has been a while but i dont recall this ship luring zod to earth.
>>
>>85096021
What's wrong with what? Having greatest father figure of comics turned into a retarded paranodial redneck? Having Superman acting like angry and stupid edgelord who caused more harm than good?
>>
>>85095996
I think we're saying the same thing.

Though batfleck not branding zuckerberg at the end was beyond meaningless.
>>
>>85096139

Divorce the film from the comics. and re-assert your point. Judge the film as a film, not a live-action extension of the comic book.
>>
>>85096073
Because everytime Superman fights a bad guy he seems more focused on punching the villain instead of protecting the people around him. He even cries after saving that Asian family in MoS. It was never established that Clark doesn't want to kill Zod so that hissy fit can be interpretted as "damn, these squishy humans stopped me from having fun"

Not to mention he always looks upset when saving people instead of trying to be a comforting presence that most people know Superman as.
>>
>>85096189
Nah you were wrong and a huge fag and also clueless about the last scene with Lex.
>>
File: 1492455233254.png (51KB, 1305x663px) Image search: [Google]
1492455233254.png
51KB, 1305x663px
>>85081579
both are better
>>
>>85096022
Do you actually think Homecoming was "shit"
>>
>>85096221
Divorced from the comics, there is no reason to call this character superman.
>>
>>85096251
Answer honestly, how upset has the /tv/ Homecoming reception made you?
>>
Man of Steel for me but only because BvS made me realize what they're going for big picture. I had several complaints about Man of Steel, like many others, until i watched Batman v Superman. Every single one of my issues were addressed and it was great fun seeing it all come to fruition. That said, BvS is so ambitious, maybe even too ambitious, and ends on a hopeful tone after hours of darkness while Man of Steel is hours of hope albeit with dark undertones in a world where hope shouldn't exist
>>
>>85096291
They are in this thread. Be aware. The shills are here.
>>
>>85096251
>Asian family in MoS

They were white? Did different regions have a different ethnicity family?
>>
>>85096251
>It was never established that Clark doesn't want to kill Zod

Of course he doesn't want to kill Zod, Zod's the last known member of his species, did you need him to say it out loud?

> a comforting presence that most people know Superman as.

Who are most people?
>>
>>85096221
As a film, I can't relate or like these characters, because they're horrible human beings. Also this Superman guy is supposed to be a hero? I'm watching superhero movie to see superhero helping people, not killing thousands of them by accident.
>>
>>85084369
At one point in the film Under Armour has paid product placement. I bet you couldn't tell me where
>>
>>85096295

OK, don't call him Superman. Call him the Man of Steel and restate your opposition to his character.
>>
>>85096335
How is that relevant? I'm talking about how Snyderverse reminds me of the shitty reboot of Devil May Cry. I'm all for breaking away and telling a new story with an older IP but not if it is done in a juvenile and sophmoric way.
>>
>>85096429
> I'm watching superhero movie to see superhero helping people

Sue me for wanting something a little more interesting.
>>
File: 1499805206265.jpg (442KB, 2732x1543px) Image search: [Google]
1499805206265.jpg
442KB, 2732x1543px
>>85096377
Of course, someone who doesn't think that a movie with 93% on RT was shit is a Marvel shill. Yeah Disney definitely employs people to say that their movies are good on 4chan's /tv/ board.

Man you DCucks are retarded.
>>
>>85096338
>in a world where hope shouldn't exist
Nigga, you better be explaining yourself. The MoS universe before Superman showed up was pretty much exactly like our world.
>>
>>85096508
So I guess you're about a 9 out of 10 now. What will you do when Thor fails as spectacularly and then HIV Panther? Screaming about MUH Superman won't save them from being imminent flops.
>>
>>85096530
So, you finding mindless destruction and zero character development (degradation in BvS) interesting?
>>
>>85096387
I remember them as vaguely ethnic. Either way, you know who I'm talking about.

>>85096405
All superman needed to do to establish that is for him to say, "I don't want to kill you Zod". Henry did a shit job of conveying this nonverbally so the blame falls onto a couple different people for not making this clear enough.

And when I say most people, I'm talking about the audience. The average person doesn't see Superman as a dark brooding antihero like Batman.
>>
>>85093515
But that is Zod in BvS
>>
>>85096601
I'm ready for capeshit to collapse and a new genre to emerge. I don't know who you think you're arguing with but I'm not loyal to Marvel.
>>
>>85096912
I think we might be reaching a 10 soon. Ready to spend another day of your useless life doing this on routine? I hope someone atleast pays you.
>>
File: 1500292620719.jpg (866KB, 1792x1054px) Image search: [Google]
1500292620719.jpg
866KB, 1792x1054px
>>85096860
>>
>>85096993
The irony here is killing me.
>>
>>85097044
I thought Homeflopping was?
>>
>>85096762
>All superman needed to do to establish that is for him to say, "I don't want to kill you Zod".

No, he doesn't have to. Anyone with any sense of subtext would assume that Clark doesn't want to kill him. Clark as overjoyed to have found some knowledge of his origins, obviously he wouldn't want to kill what he knows to be the last living Mryptonian other than himself. Deliberately dumbing down films and stripping them of anything vaguely subtle is why Hollywood is n such a shambles in the first place and faggots like you are to blame.
>>
>>85097144
Zod was like space hitler. Superman should have no reason to keep him alive yet he acts like killing him was such a horrible thing. Its like killing the last unicorn except this unicorn wants to impale all humans. You should be glad the genocidal unicorn is dead even if you are half unicorn.
>>
>>85097144
He also fucking begs Zod to stop and waits at the last possible second before acting. Zod pushed Clark's most sensitive button.
>>
>>85097271

If you were a unicorn who wondered their entire life what they were and just recently found out they were a unicorn you'd have problems killing the last other unicorn in existence who could tell you about being a unicorn and the history of unicorns.
>>
>>85097271

>this is the quality of MCUck shitposting
>>
>>85097313
I thought his most sensitive button were MARTHA.
>>
>>85081579

I have not seen Man of Steel but there is no way it's as awful as Batman vs Superman.
>>
>>85096762
Clark already knew Zod's terms:

>"There's only one way this ends, Kal - either you die, or I do."

Was there anything about Zod that struck you as being anything but utterly sincere?
>>
>>85096762
>The average person

Fuck them? Fuck your focus group lowest-common-denominator bullshit. Fuck you.
>>
>>85097403
Yeah it always becomes this. Push them enough and they will sinkbto the lowest of lows just so they can tap out with the final reply. They do this every day. Always same shit on routine. It makes me depressed knowing some people live like that.
>>
>>85097428
>throws him in a phantom zone because Clark was smart enough to ask his alien father some ways to stop Zod and his crew
Oh, wait..
>>
>>85097313
Yeah at the last second. During the entire fight, Superman is content punching him. He doesn't care about the people in the buildings he 9/11s orherwise he would say something like "if you don't stop this Zod, I'll kill you. Your plans have been foiled but there is mercy if you stop now."

But instead we see multiple building collapse as a result of Superman not being a hero.
>>
>>85097513
How long do you intent to repeat this bullshit on repeat? I don't get paid to amuse your shitposts.
>>
>>85096483
Nothing in any of the dceu movies refers to him as "man of steel." He's referred to as "superman," despite not much making him "super." He even fails to be much in the way of a "man of steel," as he's quite bent and broken due to his shitty parents.

And trying to act like a DC comics adaptation should be judged completely independently of the history of said property, when the movie itself leans on said property, hard, constantly, is more than a little bit disingenuous.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (99KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
99KB, 1280x720px
>>85096584
Right, what I'm saying is the movie does a good job of showing how the real world would react to a real Superman. I'm not entirely sure he'd be celebrated by all. He's supposed to stand for Hope but an overly politicized world won't let that hope exist.
>all the deaths in metropolis
>Superman can't intervene in an African missile strike
>Batman is doing far worse things intentionally but Superman is the one (falsely) reported on
The world is too complicated for a real Superman. I like to think of and compare to Dr. Manhattan for how the world would react to a real Superman also
>>
>>85097629
>how the real world would react to a real Superman
From the point of view of edgy teen?
>>
>>85097626
Read Peace on Earth and Kingdom Come. I doubt you even have.
>>
>>85097368
Clark's space dad was a better teacher about his people's history. Zod is only connected to Zod by species. Superman shouldn't feel bad about killing a genocidal maniac. I guess in Synderverse he should because Synder has made it clear to us that Superman doesn't care about saving people as much as the comic book Superman that audiences recognize.

>>85097428
If Clark knew his terms, why didn't he try to kill him sooner? He waited until 1 family was threatened after hundreds of others had been squashed.
>>
>>85097475
Gee, I guess this movie is only popular with outliers who don't like well written characters. Its like it is objectively bad or something.
>>
>>85097505
He tried that. That was Superman's plan: crash the pod into Zod's ship and send them back to the phantom zone. Only flaw was Zod wasn't close enough to the black hole created and didn't get sucked in
>>
>>85097505
Lois meta-human movie when? Her superpower can be that she's remotely intelligent in a universe filled with retards! It'll be feminist/diverse idiocracy!
>>
>>85097720
>Kingdom Come
Adapting Superman with KC themes at the begining of the universe will be as stupid as adapting Miller's TDKR, you know. Oh...
>>
>>85097603
So why respond? Your (you)s are delicious.
>>
>>85097847
I'll take that as an admission of being retarded.
>>
>>85097629
Uh oh, you touched on a valid criticism unintentionally.

The point that Snyder doesn't know how to really make a "realistic" comic book movie so he just made superman a shitty and stupid version of doctor manhattan and had him just hide out during the Cold War.
>>
>>85097812
Maybe he should try that from the begining, not after Zod and terraforming caused mass death and destruction and Zod was far enough to not get sucked in?
>>85097831
Not smart enough to not investigate their employer Bruce Wayne.
>>
>>85097629
Superman and the rest of DC shouldn't be adapted to show the "real" world. Fantasy and reality don't mesh well unless one or two really good writers work on it. I'm sure there is a good story in the script somewhere but it needs a serious overhaul and a better director who doesn't make decisions based off of how cool things will look.
>>
>>85097915
>I named few questionable elseworlds which can't be included in extended universe in any way to prove my point
>somehow other people are retarded for calling my examples bad
I got ya.
>>
>>85097982

At the beginning he was stopping the terraformer on the other side of the world while they got his pod into position, come on dude
>>
>>85098075
They are intent on shitposting this thread to bump limit. There is no point.
>>
>>85098118
What, do you just wanna discuss how good the movie is until bump limit? We are on 4chan. Thats not gonna happen unless its The Thing.
>>
>>85098075
He could ask his father even before Zod's ship landing. Instead of visiting useless church, where he asked if he should continue to hide like a sociopath dad tought him to, or begining to clear mess he caused.
>>
>>85081579

They are both really really bad.

If I was forced to choose which is better... ehhh its tough, but I guess BvS is better because the fight at the core of the movie is actually really well done and enjoyable. Everything surrounding that ten minutes on either side of it is absolute fucking irredeemable garbage though.
>>
>>85097729
Because Clark was OK with those terms until Zod demonstrated that he was perfectly willing to just target innocents if Clark wouldn't kill him. Clark's reluctance to act just illustrates how difficult a decision it was for him.
>>
>>85097629
The point the movies missed is were a real superman to drop in on earth, the earth would be powerless to so much as impede this figure.

But the movies plots demand their superman be a whining emo bitch.
>>
>>85098169
How much stock are you willing to put into the words of your space dad, the one that called Zod to Earth for all you know?
>>
>>85082901
which is still more symbolism than you get out of most blockbusters
>>
>>85098221
He survives nukes. It's not our tech that impedes him. It's our stupid eagerness for a god figure.
>>
>>85097710
Imagine you live in Vietnam. Imagine you're fighting a war because you think what you're fighting for is right. Imagine Superman existing and the U.S. government successfully politicizing Superman to the point that he'll do the government's bidding. Imagine this Superman actually existing, you may think he's actually God. God comes into your war and destroys you and your people. "God" hates you and punishes you in the name of America. What I'm describing is actually Watchmen. Dr Manhattan in Watchmen is the result of what we were starting to see with Superman and the government in BvS. A Superman who was sent here to help the entire earth, to give hope to everyone, is now taking hope away at the government's request. That hope, in its purest, could not exist in a highly political world
>>
>>85098295
Hmm, if I were Superman I would be smart enough to ask some right questions and see if he's lying or not. And even if AI is good enough to not show his true plans, his info would be much more usefull than advice from numale priest.
>>
>>85098316
And? Just because a dribble of urine is more water than you'd get in a desert doesn't mean one should be thankful for it.
>>
>>85098209
>Because Clark was OK with those terms
Truly a Superman. What a Man on Steel.

Saving people or punch Zod in the face some more. It really is a modern day Sophie's Choice.
>>
>>85097969
Manhattan is dumb Manhattan. Superman, on the other hand, isn't so intent on navel-gazing that he's totally oblivious to the effect he's having on the world.
>>
>>85098413
>What I'm describing is actually Watchmen.
That's the thing, Superman has nothing to do with Dr. Manhattan at all. Otherwise he wouldn't be Superman.
>>
>>85098413
So is Synder ripping off Watchmen? A movie he already directed?
>>
>>85098499
His options were either keep Zod locked down or kill him. He was left with no choice but to go with the latter.
>>
>>85098580
>missed the whole point of Superman so hard that he turned him into turboautist he can relate to
Seems legit.
>>
>>85098413
So, again, were on the subject that beyond a half eaten cliff note version of watchmen, zack Snyder understands nothing about the characters he's putting on screen

That superman is an idiot in the snyderverse because Snyder can't understand the character any other way.
>>
>>85098634
Well, he stucked in this situation only because he was too stupid and unprepared. Thx Pa.
>>
>>85097982
Superman has to go to the world engine and destroy it before colonel Hardy can even get near Zod's ship to create the black hole. Superman has his struggles since the world engine and the area immediately around it is Kryptonian. That delay causes some death and destruction in Metropolis but he did save the entire world. At least those casualties are at the forefront of the next movie instead of the characters eating shwarma and joking about how crazy their night was.
>>
>>85097969
>unintentionally
No I'm pretty sure that was what i was talking about all along. Thing is, with Manhattan we get the bleakest of outcomes, with Superman we still have a chance at hope
>>
File: IMG_0254.png (423KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0254.png
423KB, 800x450px
>>85098665
If Superman was Manhattan, he wouldn't give a shit about what people think of him. He clearly does. The three principal characters all have among their first lines a lie that they tell about themselves.

Two of those characters eventually face their personal truths. One does not, and that one continues his fall.
>>
>>85098634
So logically, he should be showing the same emotions that you would show after putting down a rabid dog that invaded your home.
>>
>>85098857
Yeah.

>rabid dog
>last surviving remnant of the people you never knew

Seems legit.
>>
>>85098833
So you don't understand anything about Manhattan, superman, or the characters in the DCEU

Are you zack snyder?
>>
>>85098754
>At least those casualties are at the forefront of the next movie instead of the characters eating shwarma and joking about how crazy their night was.
Devil's advocate but the Avengers did stop New York from being destroyed by an alien apocalypse and being nuked in the same day. Really, the damage in MoS makes the Avengers look like a strong gust of wind blew through NYC
>>
>>85098913
Manhattan is a puppet of determinism, a willing one. He's not one of Moore's better characters.
>>
>>85098754
>Superman hears Zod's ultimatum
>visits his alien father to ask some info about Zod and ways to stop him
>stops him before death and mass destruction
?
>>
>>85088045
Why waste time on an after credits scene when you can shove one into the climax of your movie
>>
>>85081579
Bothe are shit, like all recent capeshit movies
>>
>>85098974
Yeah, because their enemies suffered from a truly astounding degree of plot-induced stupidity.

Tell me, how exactly does one establish a ground-based "perimeter" against flying opponents?
>>
>>85098977
No... Manhattan is more a treatise on how determinism is an intellectual trap, an illusion of a lack of free will that persists exactly as long as one allows
>>
>>85099102
Also how do you evacuate a city of millions in 30 minutes? Consider the thousands working in skyscrapers.
>>
>>85098910
>Zod
>a general who tried to start a coup
>comes to a planet where he has super powers and decides to make it uninhabitable despite it being very good for Kryptonians
>wants to exterminate ALL LIFE AS WE KNOW IT
>when he can't do it by obliterating our atmosphere he decides to kill everything himself
>not comparable to a rabid dog
Zod hardly seems noble enough to be considered anything better than a rabid dog.
>>
>>85098974
Yes, interesting concept that. Tens of thousands of powerful alien soldiers come pouring through a massive portal, but instead of doing damage they just fly around Manhattan waiting for their turn to be punched in the face by one of the half dozen Avengers.

Saving the world's a lot easier when your writers suspend logic in favour of keeping your character's reputation intact.
>>
>>85098550
>>85098580
>>85098665
That's exactly what I'm saying. Remember when Manhattan kills some civilians while reflecting on not knowing what it means to be a hero? His acts aren't heroic?
I'm not saying Superman and Manhattan are one and the same but the comparisons can definitely be made. What makes Superman different is that he will always find a way to be Superman, he'll always deliver hope, he'll come back against all odds. He's gonna come back from the dead for fuck sake. The comparison i was hoping to make was that Manhattan failed because he was a nerd with more compassion toward watches and numbers than to humans. In fact his symbol is supposed to strike fear in people. Superman will succeed at delivering hope, we've already seen it. His symbol *is* hope.
>>
>>85099156
But wouldn't a cross-temporal entity abandon determinism no matter at which point he experienced his "miracle?" That's why I say he's not nearly as well-written as Moorefags like to say he is.
>>
>>85099215
Well, people of "real" world wouldn't afraid of Superman because he'd say something nice and inspiring. Thinking that BvS shows how people would react to a Superman in real world Iis just edgyvision of reality
>>
>>85099102
Well the aliens were on the ground too. The alien MO seemed to be kill everything and set up a base of operations. Kind of like any normal invasion. Setting up a perimeter is protocol to counter any invasion. I mean if the nazis had set up perimeters quicker during D-Day, the invasion might not have been a success.
>>
>>85099194
Let's not forget that they all apparently only function courtesy of "wifi" from the mother ship. Top-notch military tactics, that.
>>
These movies suck ass.
>>
>>85099001
Doesn't Jor tell Lois the plan to stop Zod who then relays that info to Clark? Isn't that exactly what happened in the movie? Only thing is Zod got the jump on Superman by actually starting to terraform before Clark and Lois could tell the military their plan thus changing the plan slightly
>>
>>85099194
I mean there was scenes of aliens attacking people too but most of those attempts were foiled or cut away from quickly. I don't think they were really concerned about keeping the portal open sonce Loki was guarding it and they didn't expect the Hulk to take him out.
>>
>>85099194
How lucky they never attempted a simple distraction tactic or anything. But no they insisted on being the AI of Space Invaders.
>>
>>85099318
You're wonderfully naive. The real world would go into existential meltdown at the revelation that not only aren't we alone in the universe, but the other guys are superior to us in almost every conceivable way.

We turn charismatic *people* into gods under the right circumstances. How do you think we'd react to a living, breathing miracle?
>>
>>85099445
I'm talking about Clark being stupid enough not to ask that info from Jor right after ultimatum.
>>
>>85099505
>other guys
>I'm the last kryptonian, people, and I'm here to help, don't worry
>>
>>85097405
>awful as Batman vs Superman
No surprise somebody with this pleb taste gets the title wrong.
>>
>>85099318
>he'd say something nice and inspiring
Right, just like how majority of Americans allegedly don't like their President and some are even very afraid despite the fact his whole campaign was run on one simple, nice, and inspiring phrase
>>
>>85099511
See >>85098295
>>
>>85099623
He has said some stupid/questionable things too. Superman would never do that.
>>
>>85099623
Its almost like comic book stories suck once you apply real world logic to them.
>>
>>85099665
see >>85098444
>>
>>85099511
He does but it's after Lois's pod is spiraling out of control. Kal asks Jor how to stop them and Jor responds with "punch a whole in the wall of the ship here" and then says that he stands for Hope and can save the whole world with hope and heroism
>>
>>85081579
MoS because it is 30 minutes shorter.
>>
>>85099578
See again:

>hopelessly naive

Don't get me wrong. It's endearing in a way, but after saying that for two years, you'd be walking around looking every bit as worried and confused as Clark were you in his shoes.
>>
>>85099623
Yeah I remember when Superman ran to Twitter like a prissy little bitch everytime his feelings got hurt and reposted memes like an underaged faggot. Daring move by Snyder.
>>
>>85099774
And becuase he was slow and stupid, thousands people died and half of the Metropolis turned into dust.
>>
>>85099980

>w-why did the character not know exactly what to do at exactly the right time and save the world in exactly the right way? t-this is an outrage!
>>
>>85099851
Why two years?
>>
>>85099712
>>85099737
But this Superman is flawed and has made some questionable calls.
> why did he dodge the gas truck and let it blow up a parking garage with people in it
> why did he bring whole buildings down fighting Zod
> why is he selfish and only intervenes for his benefit (Lois, Martha x2)
Let's not forget he has had some truly inspiring moments too
> offshore oil rig
> school bus
> day of the dead montage
> Bruce even mentions saving cats out of trees
The point is some people will love him some won't but a person like Superman would have Trump-like response x1000 because he's not a celebrity but an alien, god-like being acting on the global scale
>>
>>85081579
After avoiding it for years, Man of Steel turned out to be one of the most pleasant surprises of the last few years for me. Well, at least until the end. That shit was inexcusable and ruined the whole film.
>>
>>85099262
Why not actually read the comic?

He obeys determinism because he thinks it's prettier than his acts of free will. He essentially rejects freedom because authority is more comforting and denotes less personal responsibility.
>>
>>85100041
That's why he called Superman, you dumbfuck. He supposed to be smart enough to learn about his enemy.
>>
>>85100047
>But THIS Superman
That's because this Superman is not a Superman. Edgeman at best. World would love REAL Superman.
>>
>>85100096
>supposed to be

>b-but muh preconceptions!

Fuck you dimwit
>>
>>85099866
Yeah the Trump comparison wasn't the best but might i remind you Jesus spoke nicely with very inspiring and hopeful messages and teachings and was also so feared by certain groups that they killed him. Saying a real Superman would be able to diminish any negative thoughts about him through simple words is outrageous. There will always be a group that disagrees with his words and actions
>>
>>85100047
The oil rig and the bus was heroic. Hell, I'd rather watch a movie where Superman is just a traveling guy who saves people. A little simplicity never hurt a comic book movie. pretty much a wandering anonymous Superman who happens to save and inspire people. Thats the kind of superman movie we need. Not another disaster movie.
>>
>>85100161
REAL Superman is flat and boring. He's barely even a character.
>>
>>85100176
Good, pretend again that a superman movie should be completely divorced from every instance of the character ever put to film or paper.
>>
>>85100231
Watch Luke Cage
>>
>>85100283
Marvel strikes again.
>>
>>85100272
Read Peace on Earth
>>
>>85100245
And that's why he is loved in DCAU and his solo comic is selling better than solo comic of any marvel character who was in MCU?
>>
>>85100161
How is that an argument?
>this whole thread has been talking about Snyder's Superman
>you made a mistake by calling him THIS superman
Yes, this superman is different than any other version ofsuperman. Your point?
>inb4 superman is superman so give me the same boring shit over and over. Snyder doesn't get the character
>>
>>85100272
>every instance of the character ever put to film or paper.

There's plenty of incarnations of Superman that aren't all-knowing and hypercapable. Try Birthright, the movie takes a lot of cues from it anyway.
>>
>>85100370
>he is loved in DCAU
I don't know anybody that liked him or Wonder Woman in the dcau.
>>
>>85100370

>he is loved in DCAU

Joke?
>>
>>85100319
No just someone that likes a bulletproof man to act personable and use his powers to actually inspire the people of his city to be good.
>>
>>85100517
>>85100482
Superman had his own animated show for three seasons. The death and funeral of Dan Turpin is leagues ahead of anything I've seen Snyder put out.

DCAU > any cinematic shit by either company in just about every way (except profitability, goy)
>>
>>85100578
This is utter madness. Superman needs to be jesus or trump! And die either way ofc
>>
>>85100482
>>85100517
Read some comments on youtube under DCAU videos. Fight against Darkseid for example. People love this Superman and mad about Snyder ruining his image. DCAU is good adaptation of flawed Superman who is still Superman.
>>
>>85100436
>same boring shit over and over
We haven't seen a proper adaptation of modern Superman on big screen, what are you talking about?
>>85100449
>Birthright
>so bad that even got retconned years before reboot
>>
>>85100885

Birthright was good enough that despite originally being non-canon they changed the entire universe to make it canon, changing Superman's origin after almost 20 years of John Byrne's story, you fucking faggot.
>>
>>85101035
If it was so good, why it was retconned after few years? Other main character's origins were changed only in new52.
>>
>>85100272
Oh, you mean like the one where he killed Zod and two other Kryptonian criminals and became so unhinged by the PTSD of the experience that he suffered a dissociative disorder?

Learn some comics history, fag.
>>
>>85101124

Secret origins changes very little of what was told in Birthright.
>>
>>85093370

You know that Superman was blackmailed in DKR, right?
>>
>>85101731
Blackmailed or black male'd?
>>
File: Superman - Corto Maltese.jpg (274KB, 931x1094px) Image search: [Google]
Superman - Corto Maltese.jpg
274KB, 931x1094px
>>85101731
It's a bit of both, really. He's definitely getting blackmailed, but he's doing his own fair share of rationalization.

In BvS, it's Bruce that's doing all the rationalizing. That's part of the role reversal they pulled - Bruce is compromised. Clark isn't.
>>
>>85101834
BLACKED

I thought it was weird too
>>
File: dark-knight-returns-mutants.jpg (71KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dark-knight-returns-mutants.jpg
71KB, 1280x720px
>>85101944
As an aside, I cite this particular passage of further proof that in addition to everything else, DKR was commentary on comic book violence.
>>
>>85100370

You do know that Superman in the comics isn't loved by all, right? Fuck, even in the comics Superman's son was kidnapped and Lois lost her leg. If they showed that in the movie the fans and critics would be bitching about the movie and how wrong it is to do shit like that with such a beloved character.
>>
>>85100732
>>85100761

Many Superman fans hate DCAU Superman.
>>
>>85092702
At least they're having a real debate.

You don't get this from Marvel movies. Actually you barely get this with any other movies.
>>
File: fxh4Jzi.gif (1MB, 245x150px) Image search: [Google]
fxh4Jzi.gif
1MB, 245x150px
>cast Gal Ratfacedtrannykike as Wonder Women
>Never show her pressing her feet against any necks
What did the DCuck Cinematic Universe mean by this?
>>
File: Lucy + Codex.jpg (1MB, 2048x1412px) Image search: [Google]
Lucy + Codex.jpg
1MB, 2048x1412px
>>85092702
Whether or not it's truly ingrained into their behavior at the genetic level is wholly secondary to the faith they've placed in the genetics program. It's pretty much everything rolled into one nice, neat package - a scientifically reinforced caste system, a genetic lineage, as well as their people's own genetic "prophecy," one they don't question or defy because it's become, in Zod's own words, "heresy."

Kryptonian society has become a thinly-veiled theocracy. Their chosen god has become sacred science as embodied in that genetics program. They have taken their race's evolution in their own hands and enshrined the science that made it possible.

They've completely embraced nice, rational, deterministic science and turned it into its own religion, eschewing choice and morality, because, as Faora said, from their perspective, "Evolution always wins."

It's a bit of a running theme: under the right circumstances, anything can become a god.
>>
>>85081579
BvS Ultimate cut is king kino
>>
File: image.jpg (102KB, 1200x747px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102KB, 1200x747px
>>85092594
Zack is a god on here you pleb, he even posts regularly
>>
>>85105287
Instantly fucking saved, based DCBro.
>>
>>85082884
>t.plebbit
>>
>>85105072
Or in other words, we needed to kill all Kryptonians so we decided to come up with a stupid reason why a civilization stopped fucking and traveling space.
>>
>>85099866
>Democuck getting mad Trump makes fun of his retarded party
>Sarcastically Quips at the end of his own post
Colour me surprised leftist round the world are dumb and emotionally equal a mentally retarded Joey
>>
>>85106283
No, there's likely to be more to it than that. My bet is that they ran across something decidedly nasty out there in dark, amongst the stars, something that made them huddle back on Krypton.

The one dead Kryptonian we see Zod and company looking at, the one on that dead colony, died clutching a weapon.
>>
>>85096540
>WW:289 fresh vs SM:138 fresh
>doesn't show metacritic
>Homefront flopping
>>
>>85084847
I rewatched MoS recently and there's a solid 45 minutes of movie before we even see a product. And that's the Nokia camera Lois has.
Then there's a Budweiser, and a 7/11 and a Sears, which all sponsored the movie so that it could be made on a better budget. He's also supposed to be in our world. The same way CNN is in BvS, and Turkish Airlines. Complaining about product placement is about as pleb as you can get.
>>
>>85106408
>there's likely to be more to it than that

That would imply thought went into the DCEU.
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.