[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how to have an intelligent conversation about movies or tv

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: il_340x270.1178507133_88uq.jpg (10KB, 340x270px) Image search: [Google]
il_340x270.1178507133_88uq.jpg
10KB, 340x270px
>have you seen X
>yeah its cool
>yeah that guy from Y is in it
>yeah Y is cool
>yeah

What makes an intelligent and interesting conversation about a movie or a tv show?
>>
File: 1462090341331.jpg (155KB, 500x492px) Image search: [Google]
1462090341331.jpg
155KB, 500x492px
>>
>>85081117
Trying having intelligent friends that share your interests.
>>
File: untitled.jpg (31KB, 500x492px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.jpg
31KB, 500x492px
>>85081141
dumb fredposter
>>
Idk, i sometimes like to talk about the colour and how it changes and affects each scene. I showed my friend whiplash the other day and noted that it would look pretty good in black and white

I also enjoy ripping movies to shreds
>>
>>85081327
>I also enjoy ripping movies to shreds
This, same here. However this has led people to think I'm a huge contrarian that hates everything
>>
>watching a kino for the first time
>tell people you're rewatching it

>talking about kino you haven't seen
>say it's been so long since you've seen it and remember very little
>>
idk i have one friend from film school we get together and watch movies and get drunk but he's so fucking boring to talk to because movies are literally the only thing he can talk about. it's fun for a while but gets boring fast.
>>
Focus on the themes and ideas of the movie. If you are talking with someone else who knows film then maybe you can talk about the technical side. Just say something as simple as what did you think of this character (not the actor) or how did you interpret this scene? The shows that seem to have the most discussion usually are the ones that have a mystery to them and are open to interpretation and fan theories (though that doesn't necessarily mean they are the best shows). Don't focus on the production as in the actors or director too much but focus simply on the characters and story.
>>
>>85081556
Well don't just autistically sperg out when someone mentions the title. Try to offset your gripes with things the film did right or that you liked. Mention a movie you thought did it better.
I used to be just like you until I realized I was becoming "that guy."
>>
>>85081117
basically ignore everyone with meme speak they are usually new as they come.
Usually screaming kino is dead giveaway.
>>
>>85084190
I think OP was asking in general. If I ever heard anyone say "kino" irl I'd jump kick their windpipe.
>>
>>85084473
As for IRL that's really hard question,since people watching movies usually have some art background and when the average joe like you and me tries to talk about movies they meet him with a sense of elitism like you are retarded and they know everything.
Basically you dont know shit type of attitude.
Happened to me few times and I learned better,never talk movies with "friends".
Before you start I actually work as a doctor for a living and happened to have a thing for finer things in life.
>>
>>85084601
No one says "kino" in real life, thats a faggot /tv/ meme, or you're a german.
>>
>>85084696
>tfw my brother will occasionally try and use the kino meme but instead of saying kinography he keeps saying cinematography
>>
>>85081117
Start watching intelligent shows, first off. I had a great conversation about The Young Pope recently about the characters and faith and the power of suggestion.
>>
>>85081117
Maybe watch something intelligent.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.