[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Spider-Man doing so much worse than expected?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 342
Thread images: 32

File: spiderman.png (728KB, 1157x720px) Image search: [Google]
spiderman.png
728KB, 1157x720px
What's going on? It got rave reviews
>>
>>85072901
Sony can ruin anything.
Too much niggers.
>>
>>85072932
sony are just distributing..
>>
>>85072901
>What's going on? It got paid reviews
>>
File: 1499819895175.jpg (180KB, 517x768px) Image search: [Google]
1499819895175.jpg
180KB, 517x768px
Superhero fatigue coupled with Spider-Man fatigue. It wasn't so bad, when only Marvel was making popular movies, but with DC finally making a crowd pleaser, it's becoming a bit too much.
How many Superhero movies have there been in the past 9 months? Is it like 5?
Also, too many Spider-Man films.
>>
>>85072901
I hope it flops in China too because of the niggers and the fact that Holland is homosexual
>>
>make mary jane into an ugly wetback

>movie itself fucking sucks
>>
File: q5F407m.png.jpg (438KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
q5F407m.png.jpg
438KB, 1536x2048px
>>85072901

We don't want kids or sexy stupid woman. We want real men or real woman with big bad guy.

WE WANT SERIOUS FILM.
>>
File: image.jpg (97KB, 770x366px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97KB, 770x366px
>>85072901
People are sick of the non-stop (((Hollywood))) leftist propaganda being forced on our children and youth under the guise of "entertainment".
>literally 5 seconds into the film someone is chastised for calling native Americans "Indians"
>literally 10 seconds in a black school news reporter is macking on blonde white girl
>the new black Mary Jane's WE speech about how the Washington monument was built by slaves
>both of Peter Parker's love interests are black
>villain's wife is black
>Peter's Mexican school rival has a white blonde girlfriend
>the oh so edgy /b/ Fuck Marry Kill scene with high schoolers fantasizing about old men, also participated in by a gay male

etc. etc.etc.

When is enough enough? I find myself more and more only watching old movies/shows.
>>
>>85072901
Sony made trailers that sucked away excitement.
Sony marketing was bad.

Spidey fatigue.
>>
>>85072901
Forced regressive left ideologies
People are getting tired of capeshit.
>>
>>85073087
China aren't realising it. And for fucks sake stop believing what you read on /tv/there's no proof of Holland being gay.
>>
>>85073087
I want them to realise that forced diversity costs them millions and millions of dollars.
>>
>sony
>sjw shit
>800th spiderman reboot in the last decade
>>
>>85072901
Just look at the fucking image in the OP.
>>
>>85073348
I thought mars had a solid core, now what am i meant to believe.
>>
>>85072901
That's a good point. It got rave reviews and everyone thinks it's a standard Marvel movie (it is) with the two most popular capes of all time and Michael Keaton for good measure. What's the deal?
>>
>>85072901
Those reviews dont mean shit.

Prolly paid shills which know that going against Disney is a death sentence to their "career"
>>
File: 1500285943960.jpg (120KB, 311x376px) Image search: [Google]
1500285943960.jpg
120KB, 311x376px
Honestly, at this point people are more receptive to new Capeshit characters than old ones being rehashed. Guardians of the Galaxy, Wonder Woman, not really new but less focused, Deadpool, and Ant Man all do pretty well, and people are ready for new characters like Black Panther.
>>
>>85072901
DELETE THIS
>>
>>85073401
I'm not even right wing. I voted for Corbyn, I like black chicks, I don't care about migrants, but this shit is getting tiresome.
It doesn't feel like natural dialogue from real characters who's wants and needs are driving the plot. It feels like propaganda, and it feels cheeky to ask me to pay for it.
>>
Spiderman is a shit hero tbqh
>>
>>85072901
>3rd Spider man reboot
>put niggers everywhere
>Release in summer, with WW and Transformers
Wow, i guess Marvel is done, haha
>>
>>85074942
its all lies to perpetuate grants given and recieved
>>
>>85075032
Clearly it's nasa lies to hide the fact that hollow mars theory is true and that mars is actually inhabited by an army of subterranean morlocks
>>
Hey America why don't you just chuck your niggers in the desert? Worked for us with the Abos and now they're nearly all dead.
>>
>>85072901

Marvel has run the brand to the ground with their stupid battle with Sony to get the rights back.

They started a slew of editorial decisions regarding the character that fucked him up in an irredeemable way, to try and make him less popular and important so Sony would stop making movies about him to keep the rights. They even introduced other spider-men to try and circumvent the problem. Seriously, that's the only reason Miles Morales was born.

Then, Sony churned out crappy, disposable Spider-man movies for the last couple of years, in hopes of keeping the rights, causing fatigue to the viewers, who are also starting to tire of Superhero crap every month or so.
>>
>>85072901
People are sure they would watch the same story for the 3rd time.
>>
>>85072932
This.

Sony and niggers
>>
Kids are growing up with the Avengers now, so the old paradigm of popularity's thrown off. Batman, Superman, and Spider-Man are no longer going to be guaranteed to put asses in seats.
Well, maybe Batman.
Say what you will about MCU and the unending slew of capeshit, but there's no doubt that they made the best out of the IPs they actually had.
>>
>>85075025
Second reboot.
>>
>>85075472

Marvel also has had a hand in it. Blaming only Sony is retarded.
>>
>>85075548
Marvel made the movie. At this point, Sony has so poisoned the brand that even Marvel can't make it a huge hit.
And Sony ALREADY started making a new franchise for Spidey once the MCU deal is over.
Why can't they focus on making a good movie and building a franchise from that, instead of trying to make everything a franchise before film 1?
>>
>>85072901
Movie looks like a ps3 game. No character is actually endearing.
>>
>>85075322
>>85075611
Marvel screwed Sony over with this movie. Movie profits go to Sony while the toy earnings go to Marvel lol
>>
>>85072901
>SJW-faggotman
Gee, i wonder too...
>>
>>85075611

Marvel has weakened the brand from the editorial end, and has been trying to solve the problem by introducing new spider-men making Peter Parker less popular for years. That loosened interest in it from the core fans. Comic buyers are few, yeah, but there are a helluva lot of "comic fans" that promote the brand if there's interest in it.
>>
File: image.jpg (97KB, 640x687px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97KB, 640x687px
>>85075472
Leave Marvel to me....
>>
>>85075702
Dude, Comics that sell 50k on a good day have almost zero impact on the normies who make up the bulk of these movies' audience.
>>
>>85072901
It's Spider-Man, ffs.
a character and franchise everybody is fucking sick of, no matter what those paid critics say
It's also capeshit a genre whose movies are shit by definition
>muh uncle bens
>muh Great responsibility
>muh dumb aunt and muh dumb Mary Jane relationship drama
>muh villains
>muh spidy senses

It's garbage, like all comics and capeshit, maybe people finally realised (I hope, but I am sure they didn't)
>>
>>85072901
This is a a bad movie.
>>
>>85075766
>90%
>diverse
do these people have no self-awareness at all?
>>
>>85075768

Comics sold =/= Comics read

Plus, the normies try and "fit in" with nerd culture because it's popular to be a "geek" nowadays. You underestimate the power of bad press, specially if those normies that try to fit in ask a few questions to the ones that are really into the fandom about the character.
>>
>>85075810
Diverse just means no white people, it's not a lack of awareness at all.
>>
Fuck off with the fucking capeshit
>>
>>85073401
You're projecting. No one is sick of that stuff but you. The average person literally does not care or even notice this shit.
>>
>>85072901
>>85072901
Believe it or not. Red blooded American males, particularly teenagers, do not like to see their cultural heroes shit-stained. Black people don't like their heroes white-washed .

Would you expect a huge turnout of black people to see a Shaft remake where Shaft is white? Same thing. Mary Jane, in every incarnation was the lily white redhead crush that every white kid had growing up. Making her the most monkey-looking (I'm not saying they all look like monkeys, but this one does) brown girl and all Spiderman's friends brown was a shit move.

I'll see it, but I won't shell out a cent for it, as I do for movies trying to take a bold ultra-PC stance.
>>
>>85072997
Disney also just announced incredibles 2 and shilled for infinity war
I think everyone expects the bubble to burst after the third avengers and major cast members refuse to do it anymore
Then they'll look back when Stan lee is dead about all their accomplishments of destroying the market for years to come.
>>
It's a fun movie, but lacked stakes, and they released it in a tight spot in the middle Hollywood's worst-performing summer in years, where blockbusters are fighting for scraps.
>>
>>85075766
The MCU is dead. Bury it. Consider this mercy.
>>
>>85075982
It's always been my thinking that the end of the Thanos saga will be the end of this Cape Shit boom.
People have been edging for a long time for that, and I think Marvel will have a hard time making a decent arc for the next series of phases.
As for DC, the fact that people liked WW does not mean they give a shit about the overall story of the DCEU, or even have a general idea of what it actually is yet.
>>
>>85075982
I will agree that the MEU is getting stale, there's just too damn many of them. They're over-saturating the market with them. And honestly, the quality control isn't there for the majority of them.

I will say both Guardians movies were fantastic. The first Avengers was great and the second pretty good. The rest was just all mediocre cookie cutter super hero crap. Iron Man hugely overrated and all the Thors were so boring I gave them a couple tries each and couldn't stay awake.

Spiderman sounds good. But I don't want to promote a leftist agenda so I'll see it when there's a solid torrent of it.
>>
>>85075976
>Red blooded American males, particularly teenagers
Think Jews are white.
>>
>>85076074
>Thanos saga
I feel the same. What else is there? No Secret Wars, because Sony. No actual Civil War because Fox. All I'm interested in is the culmination of the Thanos story.
>>
>>85073401
>Nerdy character foolishly saying something silly to imposing villain character only to regret it.
> When did he kiss her? He asks her on air if she wanted to be his date and she turns him down.
>It's not a speech it's a line and its used to establish why the overall edgy SJW character would be on the ground when spiderman rocks up to give him information. It's also played off as a joke and their are other black students that don't give two shits about it and go up.
> Can't argue with that. Though does anyone really care what colour Liz Allen is when the most recognisable interpretation of her was black (Spectacular Spiderman). As for MJ, hard to say. The actress played the character really well in my opinion as it was a cringey edgy character that never felt like she'd been written by a screenwriter. That's hard to pull off. Her being MJ is just stupid though. Bad move.
> Actually works really well given the twist as it makes it way less obvious that those characters would be related.
> Was actually a subtle jab at the Amazing Spiderman movies. Seriously. Other than that, could just be a girl that agreed to go to the dance with him.
> The fuck marry kill scene felt really authentic to high school for me. The gay kid i wont defend, that actually did feel out of place. Especially when he had the majority of the lines even though their was a big group of people.

IDK I didn't think it was that bad desu. Had they just had "MJ" be an original character and not Mary Jane or replacement Mary Jane (And used the actor for Betsy as Gwen Stacy) it would have been perfect. The MJ reveal and Starks cheesy voice over were the only parts of the movie that don't work.
>>
>>85076193
wasn't that bad* I need to proof read my shit
>>
>>85072901
Good.
The sooner the capeshit bubble bursts like it did in the 90s, the better.
>>
>>85076189
Yeah, and selling whatever it is to audiences will be even harder. Audiences are fickle, and the MCU will be over ten years old by then. People will probably be ready to move on once what they perceive as the grande finale is over.
>>
>>85075942
That's why it had the worst 2nd week drop off in Marvel history, huh?
>>
>>85076074
There will still be cape shit, just less of it. They made a major commitment in both the MCEU and DCEU and they cannot stop it even though interest is waning and many of the actors or deciding they don't want to do it anymore.

I do think the end of the Infinity Wars will likely be the end of them trying to make superhero films in an interconnected universe, that's a huge financial obligation and even having the actors stay on board for a 15-20 years is a hell of an undertaking. Too many complications, and it does create conditions where the market for super hero films is swamped so they just don't do as well.
>>
>>85075942
Audiences get tired of things. In the 80s, tons of people ate up slashers, and now almost no one cares.
Sure, there are tons of horror geeks, I'm one, but most audiences aren't into watching the same thing forever, just for 10 years or so.
>>
>>85072901
>why are people so tired of cultural marxism infecting and ruining everything they love?
Yeah, it's a mystery
>>
File: thanos.png (909KB, 505x872px) Image search: [Google]
thanos.png
909KB, 505x872px
>>85076189
>All I'm interested in is the culmination of the Thanos story.
heck yeah gonna be litty
>>
>>85073348

how the fuck can anyone know any of that? also, what the fuck is that 'ice core' meme? You mean there is a block of fucking ice inside Saturn? Does that mean that going deeper underground on Saturn doesn't increase the temperature?
>>
>>85076359
I'm not saying it's going to kill Capeshit like Westerns, but it's going to kill general audience appeal.
It's not going to be THE pull, and will increasingly trend towards lower profits and niche markets, like Slasher movies.
Audiences are going to go to Star Wars or the next fad, while Capes become an increasingly distant memory in the eyes of the General Audience.
This era of Capeshit will be seen as the golden age of Comics movies, like the 80s was the Golden Age of Horror and Action.
>>
There's a certain oversaturation with Spiderman movies. The Amazin movies came out pretty soon after Spiderman 3 and now this one is coming out pretty soon after Amazing 2.
>>
>>85072901
Because it looks more like a high school movie than a superhero flick, and it has the worst onscreen Spider-Man costume to date. Absolute trash.
>>
>>85073283
I had to look up her ethnicity - pretty sure she's as mutty as mutt gets. Still would fuck. While she tells me about the tenets of feminism.
>>
File: image.jpg (218KB, 642x874px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
218KB, 642x874px
>>85074891
But do they care about the bottom line? All they care about is pushing their propaganda and brainwashing as much of the youth as possible. Profit is a bonus.
>>
DisneyMarvel is running out of story arcs to exploit.

Civil War deserved a lot more than condensed into one final sequel in the Captain Avenger trilogy.

I hope Zendaya plays Black Girl Magic Iron Man
>>
It's worth noting that "Captain America: Civil War" previously held the worst second-week drop for the MCU and still grossed $1 billion+
>>
>>85075810
(((They))) know exactly what they're doing. Question is, are enough people waking up to it?
>>
>>85076618
Yeah, the Movie is obviously far from a flop, but the fact that it isn't doing as well as expected is still disappointing
>>
>>85072901
Isn't literally every big summer tentpole movie doing worse than expected? All these garbage films will make their money overseas, so it doesn't really matter. Transformers, Pirates, Mummy, even Baywatch -- all profitable in the foreign market.
>>
>>85076843
>Transformers, Pirates, Mummy, even Baywatch -- all profitable in the foreign market.
All good movies.
Only capeshit flopping overseas.
>>
File: gadot qt.jpg (64KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
gadot qt.jpg
64KB, 600x800px
>>85076843
>Isn't literally every big summer tentpole movie doing worse than expected?
How do we stop her bros?
>>
>>85076920
Flopped overseas too.
>>
File: clapping 2.gif (843KB, 319x178px) Image search: [Google]
clapping 2.gif
843KB, 319x178px
>>85073401
https://archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/Peter%27s%20Mexican%20school%20rival%20has%20a%20white%20blonde%20girlfriend/

>45 results

Keep on fighting, brother.
>>
>>85075777
>muh uncle bens
>muh Great responsibility
>muh dumb aunt and muh dumb Mary Jane relationship drama
>muh villains
>muh spidy senses

good thing the movie included none of these things then except for villains, although this is what 99% of the not muh autists are crying about

Homecoming is the only good MCU movie and its certainly the only marvel movie with an actually good villain
>>
>>85072950
>Its getting good reviews must have been paid

Or its good and honestly closer to how Spider-man and Peter Parker acted in the comics, hell he even gets his shit pushed in in every major fight and only wins by sheer luck or refusal to quit. Yes the worst part is the fact MJ went from a classy upper class woman who eventually gets humbled and ends up with aguy who loves her to a turbo bitch who has to make sure we are all uncomfortable because of "reasons"
>>
>>85076962

>homecumming
>good movie
Keep telling yourself that
>>
>makes almost 550m worldwide on second weekend, on course for 800-900m worldwide total
>/tv/: "IT'S FLOPPING!!!"

???
>>
>>85076977

It's nothing like the comics at all, Disney shill. Diverse casting aside it's not an accessible movie to anyone put children, their parents, and tumblr warriors.
>>
>>85074891
me too.
there is a price to pay for changing 90% of all characters race
>>
>>85077005
You might be actually retarded if youve managed to convince yourself that it isnt a good movie. It might be shallow (like all capeshit that isnt nolan or snyders failures) but nothing about it makes it an actually bad movie. Effects are good, actors are great, story is good etc etc
>>
>>85077020
*$450M and dropping like a brick
>>
>>85077034
>It's nothing like the comics at all
Christ your an OMD fag. This conversation is over since your so fucking wrong it pains to read your ignorant post.

I'm going to leave now so you can baby rage over your shit opinion.
>>
>>85072901
Film has not had it's China release.
>>
>>85072944
>Produced by Amy Pascal
>A Pascal Pictures Production

It's right there in the fucking credits, beginning and end.
>>
>>85076892
>>Transformers, Pirates, Mummy, even Baywatch -- all profitable in the foreign market.
>All good movies.
;^)
>>
>>85072901

>Wonder Woman: number stays flat
>Spider-Man Homecoming: 10% drop, in comparison WW dropped 1.9% and GOTG2 4.9% on the same day

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laura_Harrier
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zendaya

people want hot blonde white women not a fucking who give a shit niggress
>>
>>85077034
>It's nothing like the comics at all
Too bad literally nobody buys comics, not even /co/.
>>
>>85075766
Lmaooo I'm loving every flop MCU drops, they will be dead by Winter 2018
>>
>>85076933
It's going to make $400M overseas though
>>
>>85077168
>people want Israeli Jewess women
ftfy
>>
>>85077061

>it might be shallow but it's a good movie
Are you fucked in the head? People have the right to dislike your Disney kiddie movie for the exact reason of it being shallow. The fact it was a high school film did not elevate it.
>>
>>85075942
I live in leftist state #14. People here believe heartily in free shit and guaranteed college. Everyone I know also is sick of the face of America browning in media faster than in reality. "Nigger" hasn't fllown since 1998 here, as far as I can tell, and its making a strong comeback "out of nowhere".
>>
>>85077080

Never read one more day you massive Disney faggot.
>>
>>85077020
It's a spider man movie with marketing heavily featuring iron man, anything less than 1 billion is a failure
>>
>>85077197

That's cool. The movie is still shit though. Maybe people want compelling storytelling instead of watching gay Peter Parker suck iron man cock.
>>
I used to like the MCU, but with each movie it feels more and more like they are trying to push some agenda.

This is the only Spider-man movie i've actively hated.
>>
>>85077234

>better than nignog
>>
File: jack_astonished.jpg (12KB, 308x248px) Image search: [Google]
jack_astonished.jpg
12KB, 308x248px
>>85075015
Holy shit, even the retards are starting to get it.
>>
>>85076546
>everyone looks left
>Tobey looks right

/ourguy/

Also May
>>
>>85076546
so why did they make spiderman 2002?
I know (((You))) must suffer from fetal alcohol syndrome or something equally debilitating, but thanks for trying
>>
>>85073401
The mixed girl is not Mary Jane. Kevin Feige confirmed this so stop being a fucking idiot
>>
>>85076920
Why would we want to?
>>
File: Abstract Hands.png (29KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
Abstract Hands.png
29KB, 666x666px
>>85072901
>What's going on? It got rave reviews

3 reboots.
6 movies.
15 years.

It's called diminishing returns.

Also the pointless forced diversity you'll note all the reviewers praised doesn't seem to have helped.

>But what about Wonder Womyn????

Stayed closer to source material, not over-rebooted, only minor forced diversity bullshit (black amazons, background).
>>
>>85072901
Robert Downey Jr is pretty hated by a lot of people, he was used to sell the movie.
>>
>>85077384
>"They call me MJ!"
Fuck off
>>
>>85077239
> People have the right to dislike
>Its objectively bad

learn the difference between "i dont like X thing" and "X thing is bad" and then come back
>>
>>85077384
He confirmed a lot of shit just to placade the fans. See his spider-sense comments.
>>
>>85077466
RDJ is not hated. His Iron Man *made* the MCU. Now we're watching him bleed dry the Frankenstein mockery Disney has made of it.
>>
>>85077384
>mixed
>black as coal
What did this Sony shill mean by this?
>>
>>85072901
None wants to watch another teenage American high-school movie outside America.
>>
> Non-sjw movie does bad
>> is the all powerful jews, they control media and deliberated ruined the movie
> swj movies does bad
>> people are sick of this! All too powerful hollywoods jews cannot do anything

retards
>>
>Uncle Ben didn't say the line "With great power comes great responsibility"
>Spiderman films tend to be a bit more upbeat and darker at the same time.
>Ironan is in it and I felt this wasn't necessary
>>
People are tired of kevin Feige produced garbage.
>>
>>85077808
>> Non-sjw movie does bad
Can you show some examples?
>>
>>85076843
>WW wins summer despite having all odds stacked against it (BvS and Suicide Squad backlash + Summer expected to bomb outside of Spiderman and Transformers)
HOW DOES DC DO IT?
Is this the dawn of DCKino dominating the movie scene?
>>
>>85075322
Wait, is this the reason why Spiderman comics have been absolute shite for this past few years?
>>
File: 2314982124.png (187KB, 786x471px) Image search: [Google]
2314982124.png
187KB, 786x471px
>>85072901
>It got rave reviews

Good goyim, trust the (((critics))). If they say it's good then it must be good, go spend your 10 shekels and watch the movie.
>>
>>85075766
>90% black
>10% other ethnicity
>diverse
I genuinely have no problem with diversity because im not autistic but how is 90% black diverse? Movies which are 90% white are being shit all over because theyre NOT diverse so how is 90% black any different?
>>
>>85077903
"Suicide Squad" was a box office hit and "Wonder Woman" was HEAVILY anticipated. It won big but was no underdog.
>>
File: garfield.png (220KB, 720x304px) Image search: [Google]
garfield.png
220KB, 720x304px
>>85072901

oh hi! miss me yet?
>>
>>85077118
>Niggers
>Asian representative is a flip which China hates since they're BTFO by them in South China Sea
>Not enough CG to distract from the shit story
>No China shoutout
Transformer will destroy Spiderman in China
>>
>>85078027
FUCK
NO
>>
>>85078013
Diversity is leftist code for "no whites"
>>
>>85076478
The image is wrong in some things. Jupiter's core is a fucking planet, but it has molten core inside like every planet because that's what happens when you lump rocks together with Earth intensity gravity so it's bound to happen to Jupiter too.

>how the fuck can anyone know any of that?
Same way we know what's at the core of our planet, anon.
>>
>>85078027

What a goofy looking fella.
>>
>>85077903
I have some truthbombs in spoiler, don't read it if your a marvelcuck because your feefees will pay the toll

There was no backlash, BvS and SS both were commercial hits and BvS is all but a cult movie right now. Half of the attractive sluts and some of the ugly ones too dressed up like Harley in Halloween. The DCEU is just as popular as the MCU, but Internet is an echo chamber in which a few opinions are repeated until they look self evident. Everybody in the internet thought this movie was going to bomb and Trump was going to lose,
but the word on the street, the real life people who don't watch Collider podcasts nor write comments on youtube thought something else entirely
>>
>>85078013
>I genuinely have no problem with diversity because im not autistic
Awesome! Thanks for sharing! Your virtue singaling cookie is in the mail! Keep being progressive :)
>>
>>85078027
I do. I unironically think he has been the best spider man.
>>
>>85072997
There is no superhero fatigue, idiot. Otherwise WW would've bombed
>>
* Too many fucking Spider-Man movies. We're sick of him now. Also this is the third fucking reboot. He needs a break. The audience needs a break. I'm serious.
* Completely shits on the source material because muh diversity, alienating the comic book fans.
* Made it come off as Iron Man and his friend Spider-Man.
* Ugly suit.
* New guy is fucking trash.
* Vulture? (I love Vulture but come on, you need a stronger villain than Vulture)
>>
>>85078175
>BvS is all but a cult movie right now.

Dude, just stop.
>>
File: 1496126024189.jpg (117KB, 800x1011px) Image search: [Google]
1496126024189.jpg
117KB, 800x1011px
>>85078175
>DCEU
>As popular as MCU
ITS NOT FAIR
>>
>>85078178
He's the best Spidey. Tugboat's still the best Pete.
>>
>>85078175
Marvel is promoted more in media/reviews because DC isn't as onboard with the white genocide propaganda yet.
>>
File: 1461166503785.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1461166503785.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
>>85073401
>I find myself more and more only watching old movies/shows

This right here, we are not their audience any more, there's the new global generation they are catering too.
>>
>>85078215
Vulture was the best part of the movie. If anything the movie needed more Vulture.
>>
>>85078253
Even fucking Reddit voted it as one of the most underrated films of all time. On fucking Reddit half populated by Disney shills.
>>
>>85074891
They know already.

The reason it's pushed is because the pressure groups put money in for their agenda to be pushed (feminist groups, blm, jewish groups). Same as paid advertising into movies and games.

When these movies cost hundreds of millions they are much more likely to accept this funding to push propoganda.
>>
>>85078274
>Maguire
>Best Peter

Nah. But he's got the best movies.
>>
>>85078295
He was awesome! But people hearing Vulture isn't going to buy tickets and go see this film.
>>
>>85078296
>actually knowing this
>DCucks are unironically reddit scum
Get out.
>>
>>85078296
And half-populated by WB/DC shills.

You're allowed to like it, but stop trying to convince yourself that it's actually good.
>>
>>85078366
If you'd been here more than five minutes, you'd have known it, too.
>>
Superhero fatigue might be setting in just a little bit but this is like the 2nd reboot of Spiderman at this point and so I think people are just fucking sick of him
>>
>>85078364
People who hear "Michael Keaton as Vulture" is going to think of "Birdman, the boring artsy film my dad watched, oh my goooood".
>>
>>85078440
Third reboot.
>>
>>85073401
nothing wrong with that image
star wars has always had nazi/ stormtrooper imagery, and the rebellion has always been made up of multiculturals

modern movies and shows are shit but only because disney has a monopoly on everything and they do the same tired formulas for their movies and remakes are guaranteed to get an audience
>>
>>85078379
How does it feel that MCU will forever be known as a cultural black hole? A cynical reflection of the worst aspects of 21th century culture.
>>
>>85078009
wow 100%?
>>
>>85078480

You had the Raimi Spiderman films and then the Webb reboot. What was the second?
>>
File: image.jpg (319KB, 1524x1194px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
319KB, 1524x1194px
>>85078284
>catering
No, that they're trying to brainwash and propagandize into being.
>>
>>85076892
>even Baywatch
Fuck off! It was litty as fuck!
>>
>>85078176
I mainly just care about characters in movies bro. If you let the colour/gender of the actor playing a character decide whether you hate the movie you're genuinely retarded. I dont care about diversity unless its straight up forced, like having having an indian woman as the new James Bond
>>
There's too many Spider man. Toby is still fresh on people's mind, and the other dude movies just ended. They shouldn't have rushed this movie.
>>
>>85078638
Meant for >>85077163
>>
>>85078178
yeah i agree, he was the right kind of goofy for spidey
>>
>>85078512
Nice rebuttal.
>>
>>85078732
>the nose knows
>>
>>85078530
>What was the second?
deez nuts
>>
>>85078944
Thanks
>>
>>85076843
>baywatch
>garbage
Someone hasn't been getting #LITTY
>>
>>85078486
The Rebellion is fucking white. Watch the originals, they're 99% white males, and they were perfect films. Leftists hijacking SW is just tragic. The originals, the characters of Luke, Han and Leia are quintessentially American. Turning SW into yet more ugly multi-kulti sludge is honestly indicative of how retarded and dishonest your ideology is. You can't create anything fresh and inspiring, you just have to shit all over the work of better people.
>>
>>85078013
>>85075810
Black Africans are more genetically diverse than every other ethnicity combined so this is technically correct.
>>
>>85077961
Spiderman comics have been mostly shit since clone saga back in the 90s. Honestly the whole industry never really recovered from the dark age outside of a few bright spots like 52.
>>
>>85079269
Jew detected.
>>
>>85079198
>they're 99% white males, and they were perfect films. Leftists hijacking SW is just tragic.
Not that guy but George "I made a first all-black movie" Lucas diversified the extras in RotJ.
>>
/pol/ fags are beyond help

>film does good
All because the sjw reviewers and tumblerinas and nu-males watching it
>film does bad
All because forced diversity and people are sick of it.
>>
>>85078296
Wasn't there a comic book website poll of best 2016 movie that had BvS win in a landslide, but then they did CNN style fake news reporting and said Civil War won?
>>
>>85076189
>All I'm interested in is the culmination of the Thanos story.

Thanos still has no characterization after being introduced a billion movies ago. Why is anyone expected to give a fuck?
>>
>>85074891
this.
>>
>85072901

Franchise fatigue from both spider man and MCU combined with the industry bubble that is about to burst.

This is the first time in years that the top 1 movie of the summer won't reach a billion.
>>
>>85075810
they will change the definition of the word so the statement stays correct.
>>
>>85076546

Are people mad because the dude next to Peter is Flash? I'm not that bothered to be honest. I heard people saying that he looked too wimpy or whatever, but he looks like he could bully people. Looks like a tough kid who lived on the street etc. I could see that Flash beating up the current cast.
>>
>>85078530
I misread your post, sorry. It's the third live-action adaptation of Spider-Man. (That I know of anyway.)
>>
>People saying it's because of diversity
>Fast and the furious does great

Actually it's likely because the last Spider-Man movie wasn't received well and this is close to the fifth superhero movie to come out this year. This movie was okay, not on the level of Raimi films. No buzz for it like Wonder Woman.
>>
File: Somebody stop this woman!.jpg (174KB, 737x597px) Image search: [Google]
Somebody stop this woman!.jpg
174KB, 737x597px
>>85072901
>According to /tv/ Wonder Woman was supposed to bomb because
>Guardians of the Galaxy was still out
>Pirates was still out
>Captain Underpants was opening next to it
>The Mummy was coming out
>Cars 3 was coming out
>Transformers was coming out
>Despicable Me was coming out
>Wonder Woman murders all of them and keeps on chugging

>Spider-Man Homecoming gets rave reviews
>Totally better than the Raimi movies guys!
>Has $50mil per movie RDJ/IM
>Opens barely $15mil over Wonder Woman
>Took just one... ONE week for that lead to fall to $2mil and will fall behind Wonder Woman today.
>Drops like a rock on the second weekend and people blame an underperforming Rated R ape movie that pulls in a significantly older crowd while Homecoming pulls in teens and young adults.

Maybe nobody just gives a shit about SM and RDJ anymore and realize that all the praise Marvel movies get is hollow.
>>
>>85079478
NIgga did Jaws have characterization? Jason? Xenomorphs? That iceburg in Titanic? A killing machine doesn't need a personality, it just needs to destroy. No one gives a fuck who thanos is just what he's gonna do.

>inb4 comicfags crying about muh death waifu

Everyone knows there will plenty of story dedicated to who thanos is in the actual film but that isn't why everyone cares about his appearance. It's because HE'S. GOING. TO. FUCK. SHIT IN. THE. ASS.
>>
>>85080004
I think he will just sit in a chair for most of his scenes.
>>
>>85079875
>tumblr art
fuck yourself, my girl
>>
>>85072901
BUT

most importantly...

Was the drop worse than the 68% of BvS
>>
>>85080062
We have a drawfag here that did it on special requests.
>>
>>85080088
62%, not quite but still bad considering the brand power involved in Homecoming
>>
File: Huutis Presidentti.jpg (63KB, 992x744px) Image search: [Google]
Huutis Presidentti.jpg
63KB, 992x744px
>>85079269
>>
>>85079798
>No buzz for it like Wonder Woman.
Except you know, every shill on social media begging you to go watch it. Just look at that RT page. It's a giant ad disguised.
>>
>>85079269
>all have dark skin with black hair and dark eyes
>"""diverse"""
>Whites have hair colors going from dark brown to light brown, blonde too, redheads, all kinds of eye colors too
>not diverse
really made me thingk, schlomo
>>
>>85080088
>Was the drop worse than the 68% of BvS
BvS opened much higher and was heavily frontloaded due to bigger anticipation. I can see the bigger drop happening. Homecoming opened pretty weak despite having SM and IM then dropped like a rock. It's projected to make less tham BvS and SS.
>>
>>85080199
>We

you and tumblr?
>>
SS won an oscar, just reminding you guys
>>
to be honest, the reason I dont care about the Spider Man movie is because of how they ruined Electro. They used a black Jamie Foxx as Electro in the last movie and now this movie has a black Mary Jane.

We are done here.

This is like the 5th or 6th Spider Man Movie in 10 years.
>>
File: what.png (260KB, 620x640px) Image search: [Google]
what.png
260KB, 620x640px
>>85080385
>black Jamie Foxx
Because Jamie Foxx isn't black?
>>
>>85080418
black + black = double black

They used a black black as Electro
>>
>>85078732
Thanks, Jew Sheckelstein.
>>
>>85080361
Stay mad sore loser.
>>
>>85078009

"Fucking Niggers"
Subtitle: It's not about you blackies. :^)
>>
>>85080088
Actually worse because BvS had a record breaking opening weekend, this piece of shit only made 10 million more than Wonder Woman
>>
>>85076977
I don't remember Peter hanging out with nothing but chinks, niggers, and mudslimes.
This is why Riami Spider-Man is way more accurate.
All White cast and smart white people.
>>
>>85080062
Can you be my girl anon?
>>
1) It's the second reboot in the last several years
2) It's shallow as hell with no emotional core. Uncle Ben wasn't even mentioned
3) People are really getting sick of the SJW nonsense and forced diversity. That stuff is killing Marvel's comic sales. One wonders if they have the hubris to begin putting it in their movies now.
>>
>>85080745
>Uncle Ben wasn't even mentioned
maybe RDJ will be the uncle, who also dies in infinity wars
>>
>>85080209
>Disney are that arrogant that they think throwing RDJ at a film is a guaranteed billion

I'm laughin
>>
>>85080745
>SJW nonsense

That's funny because this film didn't have any of that.
It's almost like you didn't even see it.
>>
>>85075766
>90% blacks
if it plays in africa i'm triggered only because it's not 100%
>>
>>85080745
I learned yesterday that apparently Uncle Ben was mentioned in Civil War.
They left the arguably most important piece of background of the whole character in another movie.
To put it in other terms, a person that has no idea what Spiderman is could watch this movie and afterwards he wouldn't know who Uncle Ben is.
>>
>>85073087
Genuinely thought this was some weird Netherlands banter and chuckled

>china, holland
>>
>>85073283
That wasn't Mary Jane tho

>>85073401
I didn't even notice like 80% of the things in this list.

>>literally 5 seconds into the film someone is chastised for calling native Americans "Indians"
Missed this.

>>>literally 10 seconds in a black school news reporter is macking on blonde white girl
Didn't notice.

>>the new black Mary Jane's WE speech about how the Washington monument was built by slaves
Why is this bad

>>both of Peter Parker's love interests are black
What

>>villain's wife is black
Because their daugher is mixed duh. Otherwise the tweest wouldn't have made sense.

>>Peter's Mexican school rival has a white blonde girlfriend
Pretty sure he wasn't Mexican and also I didn't even notice his girlfriend was wife

>>the oh so edgy /b/ Fuck Marry Kill scene with high schoolers fantasizing about old men, also participated in by a gay male
Didn't even realize there was a gay kid

Basically you guys spend so much time on /pol/ that you hone in on every detail of a flick. You're hella focused on minutia that doesn't really matter in the grand context of the plot, direction, or character arcs.

The reason why the movie bombed is probably because it wasn't that fucking interesting and felt like a big-budget Disney flick and didn't come anywhere close to the scale and epicness of the Raimi flicks.
>>
>>85072997
I thought it was really bad. Just watched on the cinema. They changed the side characters too much, they are barely recognizable. The movie plot is bland and doesn't go anywhere. There is nothing interesting happening in the entire movie.
>>
>>85079269
But you know damn fucking well that they don't mean that shit.
Diversity = Less White People

"We just want to be treated equally, whitey."
"Yeah alright, we've fought with each other long enough, let's move on."
"Haha, now it's revenge time whitey, fuck you! We never wanted equality, we just wanted revenge!"
>>
>>85081314
but it actually did, sweetie
>>
>>85072901
>Sony's Spider-Man: Homecoming isn't remotely a flop
/tv/ still full of niggers and cape cucks i see.
>>
>>85076478
>buying into the spherical world theory
>>
>>85081415
>a person that has no idea what Spiderman is could watch this movie and afterwards he wouldn't know who Uncle Ben is.

You have to be a literal hermit or live in some 4th world shithole to not knowing Spiderman origin and who the fuck is Uncle Ben.
>>
"produced by Amy Pascal"
>>
>>85078274
this
>>85078215
and also this
>>
>>85081673
"Dumb whitey, preaching that equality garbage was the only way we could get you to let your guards down enough so we could safely stab at you."
>>
>>85081714
Then you're lying through your teeth to try to appease /pol/, kid.
I'll tell you this because no one else will: they don't give a shit about you. The more you try to fit in with them, the more you become a loser, just like them.
>>
>>85075015
>voted for Corbyn
kill yourself you fucking cunt
>>
>>85081793
Wasn't there a scene where palette-swapped MJ said some shit about slave-owners?
>>
>>85081888
Wouldn't you already know the answer to that question if you saw the movie?
>>
>>85081793
I agree with what you're saying but god damn that was a fucking cringy way of putting it
>>
>>85076977
Most marvel reviews on RT are paid just look at their numbers
>>
>>85080552
>Defacing your own character.
>winning

LMAO Where's that drawfag??? Have her DRAW A DICK ON WONDER WOMAN NEXT! LMAO that'll show those stupid MCUcks hell yes! High five me!!!
>>
Even for a capeshit movie it was generic as fuck.
>>
>>85082005
>mahlels this fucking mad
kek't
>>
>>85072901
I'm sure the diversity advocates will say it's because Peter was used instead of Miles.
>>
File: thinking-face.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
thinking-face.png
53KB, 256x256px
>>85081793
Then you're lying through your teeth to try to appease reddit, kid.
I'll tell you this because no one else will: they don't give a shit about you. The more you try to fit in with them, the more you become a loser, just like them.
>>
>>85072901
Low opening AND a big drop

Might be time to put Spider-Man away until 2025
>>
>>85081612
>When you're exposed to so much SJW nonsense that you begin to think of it as second nature and normal
>>
>>85075015
>I voted for Corbyn
>being this retarded
>>
>>85081612
>l-look /tv/ i'm so progressive that i didn't even notice this stuff wowzers look at me
>>
File: Goofy What.jpg (4KB, 235x223px) Image search: [Google]
Goofy What.jpg
4KB, 235x223px
>>85081612
You must be a nigger.
>>
>>85082070
>dumbest DCbro on 4chan

Well at least you're on the right side, even if you do more harm than good...
>>
>>85079668
They all look wimpy. Hell I don't care if they made flash another race. Make him a 6'2 black track star. It would fucking work better than a 5'8 chubby Indian dude
>>
>>85072901
Because it's not really about Spiderman. It's too much about Tony Stark, Politics, and the MCU. It's also extremely untreatable to the majority of the country. In the original his high school is like any other; the new one has majority minorities (but very mixed) and everyone is supposed to be super smart. It's not relatable. Hell, this Spiderman just isn't relatable. At least in the Raimi films people could get wish fulfillment out of Peter. This one doesn't have any of that.

IMO, it feels incomplete. It feels like we jumped into something that we don't have enough background for, and it's just foreign enough for a lot of people that it just doesn't resonate as well as it once did. The same thing is going to happen to Black Panther.
>>
>>85072901
Multicult bullshit that nobody wanted
>>
>>85076977
>closer to the comics
>that means its a good movie
youre why any movie or tv show thats adapted from any other medium will always be shit
>>
>>85078192
>Calls someone else an idiot for not having an overly simplified view of the market
>>
>>85072901
People are starting to get tired of superhero movies. Marvel oversaturated the market, nevermind the fact that almost all of them now start to feel very repetitive.
>>
>>85082340
Well idk about inner city high school since I went to one in the suburbs, but I'm pretty sure there are quite a few minorities. I don't mind said minorities being shown in the movies, I just want better casting regardless of race. And not have iron Man being the second most important character in a Spidey film
>>
>>85072901
All memes aside I think it's because people are kinda burned out on Spiderman
This is the third modern Spiderman reboot so far and they're all telling the same general story, people don't feel the need to see it retold yet again
At least that's why I'm not going to watch it, anyway
>>
>>85075942
>The average person literally does not care or even notice this shit.
No shit dude, there's an agenda in everything these days so they're used to it.
>>
I'm really impressed by all the progressives in this thread. Keep up the fight against the patriarchy and all these alt-right White supremacist shitlords.
>>
it constantly attacked the audience for their sensibilities
>"when I was a kid we use to draw cowboys and indians"
The line used(or use to be before /co/ and /v/ cancer invaded) here all the time about capeshit being the modern westerns
>>
>>85082613
This. We need to make clear that this isn't normal. It isn't okay. Down with hetero-normative oppression.
>>
>>85074891
The thing is pressure groups and marketing groups from large metropolitan areas make studios believe that forced diversity will bring larger profits. The producers and studios are slaves to it, and when you're such a huge company trying to market to everyone you'll listen to whatever those groups say, even if it is actually wrong. But it helps when those groups support the political views of the higher ups.
>>
>>85082700
Down your throat with my dick, ho.
>>
Capeshit has finally run its course. Platinum age of Hollywood incoming
>>
>>85073087
China fakes its movie attendance numbers you know
>>
>>85082333
The point for what they did was to emphasize online bullying over physical "take your lunch money" bullying that just doesn't really go on anymore. To be honest though, they still did it wrong. Smart minority kids are usually just introverts who keep to themselves and their friend groups. And aren't too concerned with being assholes to other people, ESPECIALLY ones just as awkward and smart(er) than them.
>>
>>85082782
I think most bullying is a myth honestly. People were made fun of behind their backs sure, but nobody acted like an asshole to someone to their face or even online. The closest thing that ever happened to that shit was this picture that floated around with this girl getting fingered in the school cafeteria. People called her a whore (never to her face or online) for a month then forgot about it.
>>
>>85072901
there's so many fucking spiderman movies I don't even keep track of them anymore
none of my friends do either. they flooded the market.
>>
>>85072901
i know people like to say PS2 graphics a lot in a hyperbolic sense but that image literally looks like a cutscene from the Spider-man 2 game.
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>IT'S BECAUSE OF NIGGERS REEEEEEEEEEEEE
Goddamn summerfag-/tv/ is retarded, it's failing because marvel is getting stale with Spiderman coming of 3 movies that aren't even good, along with a universally acclaimed Apes film, and the Nolan the meme director releasing Dunkirk right after

If anything of the shit you retards spill out was true, then Beauty and the Beast along with F&F8 would have been flops instead of the highest grossing movies of 2017, because Lumiére is fucking a black bitch along with a faggot couple being in the movie and F&F 8 has alot of brown and black people in the movie with a blonde hair white woman as the antagonist
>>
>>85083254
it's /v/eddit
>>
>>85082782
Would anyone else agree that Flash doesn't work as a nerdy kind of bully? In the comics he's supposed to be a bully that Peter physically overcomes. It's a pretty big milestone for him in his character development. But when you make Flash into a nerd that has ALWAYS been intellectually and physically (in both raw strength and looks) inferior to Peter, he's pretty useless as a character. You can't even argue that he gets to bully Peter for being poor, as this iteration of Peter is shown to be around middle class.

They effectively made Flashes character pointless. He doesn't pose a threat to Peter. He's not a bully in any sense. Maybe hes more popular, but why? They established that he's a whiny brat and inferior in almost every way. They made Flash into nothing but a diversity hire devoid of meaningful character. It's one of the most infuriating things about the movie.
>>
I think normies are getting tired of both superhero movies and spiderman movies

I've seen a lot of renewed love for the Raimi movies on Facebook recently, when no one had really talked about them in years before
>>
I figured this out through doing the one thing /tv/ and Hollywood producers cannot:
Talking to real people.

People don't give a shit about Spider-Man. And they're starting to not give a shit about superhero movies either.

Mark my words, no MCU-movie will ever make more than The Avengers (2012)
>>
File: 1490798291541.jpg (384KB, 1669x689px) Image search: [Google]
1490798291541.jpg
384KB, 1669x689px
They had literally everyone shilling for them.

Every critic counted on RT

Every Youtuber with more than two followers

Every Twitter and Facebook bot

And they also had the guaranteed 1 billion man RDJ

And they still failed.

Get the fucking message Marvel. People are tired of your shitty recycled garbage films.
>>
File: spider-man.jpg (50KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
spider-man.jpg
50KB, 1024x682px
It wasn't diverse enough. When are we going to get the REAL spider man?
>>
>>85083419
They go out of their way to mention him. Donald Glover's whole purpose in the movie is to set him up.
>>
>>85081324
This is bait right?
>>
>>85083419
Stealing the suit doesnt make him spiderman.
>>
>>85072901

It's a weird forced multi-cultural mumbo jumbo.

Some girl complains about slavery for no reason.
>>
File: 1404357433985.jpg (77KB, 534x664px) Image search: [Google]
1404357433985.jpg
77KB, 534x664px
>even normies are getting tired of capeshit

Fucking finally
>>
>>85083254
This, Spider-Man fatigue is fucking over Homecoming.
>>
>>85083284
The fuck would you blame this shit on us? /v/ is tired of /pol/shit too.
>>
>>85083516
>normies
Post your top 10 films of all time, /vg/edditor
>>
http://totalfratmove.com/movies-suck-now/

Read this article. This website is for fratboys by fratboys. Essentially the most normie demographic further from this place that you can imagine. And it's saying the same thing everyone here is saying.
>>
>>85083549
>The Fast and the Furious
>2 Fast 2 Furious
>The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
>Fast & Furious
>Fast Five
>Fast & Furious 6
>Furious 7
>The Fate of the Furious
>The Turbo Charged Prelude for 2 Fast 2 Furious
>Better Luck Tomorrow
>>
>>85073401
I didn't see the movie and now I'm glad I didn't.
>>
File: 1500297819727.webm (1MB, 1282x404px) Image search: [Google]
1500297819727.webm
1MB, 1282x404px
>>85083547
Because your kind is the problem on most big boards. Webm related. it's the perfect confluence of stereotypical nerdy plebshit, it's the average /v/ poster, relatively new to the site, who goes to all the big boards on the site and shits them all up equally with his narrow knowledge and experience with various artistic mediums. He knows mainstream video games, he knows mainstream anime, he knows mainstream cartoons (especially those from the 90s and early 00s), and he knows only the biggest comic book characters. And he feels marginalized by society because of how much of a shut in he is, so he'll have the most shallow /pol/ opinions and tastes. He'll prattle on endlessly about cucks and interracial porn, but he isn't informed or even cares about international political issues and happenings. It's just a slight veneer of racism, misogyny, etc and the rejection of anything that could be considered "degenerate."

And the cross poster signals all of this to his other cross posters with the word "kino." It's like those hobo chalk signs. You slap it on a thread so other cross posters know it's safe to come out of the woodwork.
>>
>>85083612
>all the great movies of my childhood like Major League, Mrs. Doubtfire, Kindergarten Cop,
Well, you're right that Total Frat Move is normie as fuck.
>>
>>85073401
>the oh so edgy /b/ Fuck Marry Kill scene with high schoolers fantasizing about old men, also participated in by a gay male

lel @ highschool drop outs who think this is edgy
>>
>>85083719
Yeah but the point is even they are tired of superhero movies. And kindergarten cop was great
>>
>>85083633
It's not surprise that a low cinema IQ plebeian from /vg/ has to play off to save face after using "normie"

I can already tell your list would be full of entry level shit
>>
>>85083516
>even normies are getting tired of capeshit
Yet Wonder Woman is going to cross $400 mil to be Queen of the Summer. Normies are getting tired of MCU capeshit.
>>
File: 38d.jpg (155KB, 400x505px) Image search: [Google]
38d.jpg
155KB, 400x505px
>>85078275
>muh whyte genocide
>>
File: 1430062004309.png (226KB, 500x524px) Image search: [Google]
1430062004309.png
226KB, 500x524px
>>85078275
>every single media outlet relentlessly shilled for Wonder Woman
>"Marvel is promoted more in media/reviews"
>>
Flash is an ugly east Indian. They could never recover from that
>>
>>85072901
WE DONT WANT ANOTHER SUPERHERO MOVIE REEEEEEE
>>
>>85083973
Compare the RT score of WW and Homecoming.
>>
I think the drop is the movie regressing to the mean. The first week it overperformed due to good reviews and now it's performing where it should have or maybe even a bit lower.

Marvel had built the MCU on the basis of hella fucking epic type movies. The entire concept of the Avengers had little to do with story or filmmaking. It was just about putting these "epic" characters in the same movie to create "epicness". With Spidey, they were in a precarious position. If they made their usual MCU movie with an end of the world villain and ridiculously high stakes people may not have liked it because of Spidey fatigue. So they made a low-stakes movie without any of the MCU signatures. But making a low-stakes film which has mediocre filmmaking and we already know the characters are invincible basically guarantees that no one is going to care about the movie even if they do like it.
>>
>>85077384
>not Mary Jane
>calls herself MJ
>has more screentime and character than the love interest
>shoehorned in at random time to remind she exists
>obvious crush on Peter
>smart, hip, trendy

Oh no, she's definitely not the Mary Jane stand in. You're the fucking idiot for believing what a studio shits down your throat. Do you think saving that "call me MJ" bit until the end was a fucking coincidence? This is exactly like the studio denying Talia was in TDKR before release and guess who was in the fucking movie?
>>
>>85072901
Because people kno that the Raimi movies will never be topped.
>>
>>85080004
oops I drop the glove
>>
>>85084044
>This is exactly like the studio denying Talia was in TDKR
That was just to cool down the spoilers though, right? Nowhere as shitty as Marvel's attempt to blackwash and get away with it by pretending it's not the real MJ.
>>
>>85084030
>Homecoming
>93%
>7.6
>Wonder Woman
>92%
>7.5
Oh wow, a single point higher. You can't seriously think that negates the fact that for over a month every media outlet was shouting from the rooftops "GO SEE WONDER WOMAN! IT'S THE VERY FIRST FEMALE SUPERHERO MOVIE SO IT MUST SUCCEED!"
>>
>>85077384
I remember someone asked the guys that made LOST if they were all dead at an AMA.

They said no.
>>
>>85077510
>>85084044
Her name is Michaela Jackson, you retards.
>>
>>85084044
She's not Mary Jane her name is Michelle. She's just MJ's replacement.
>>
>>85084139
It's damage control, no matter how you slice it

>oh shit, they figured out our twist. Lie!
>oh shit, we're not sure how audiences will respond to this change. Lie!
>>
>>85084180
I heard Wonder Woman is genuinely good but I won't pay to see it because a Jewish skeleton shouldn't play Wonder Woman.
>>
>>85084207
If she's MJ's replacement and fulfills the same role, then we are perfectly justified calling her Mary Jane. Because that's who she is.

That's like saying "oh his middle name is Flash, not his first name. Different character!".
>>
>>85072901
It's not a bad movie but it doesn't have any replay value. They took out Uncle Ben and I get why but that removes all of the emotional weight that made the first one compelling. Even when Peter is flying miles above the city the stakes don't feel real because you know they have this kid lined up for sequels and cameo appearances for the next decade.
>>
>>85084236
It's a standard capeshit flick that's getting shilled because it stars a woman and was directed by a woman. Capeshit peaked in the 00s but shill critics will never admit that.
>>
>>85084236
this
>>
File: MS.jpg (41KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
MS.jpg
41KB, 500x364px
>>85072901
>>
>>85084180
So then yes, Homecoming is being shilled harder.
>>
>>85075766
this shit's gonna flop so hard
it will be glorious
>>
>>85084456
A single point on RT doesn't mean shit and you know it. All it took was a small handful of positive reviews from literally who bloggers to give Homecoming a slightly higher score. On Metacritic Wonder Woman has a higher score than Homecoming and Metacritic only accepts reviews from critics who work for media outlets.
>>
>>85084554
I doubt it will honestly. I don't care for diversity or sjw shit but I'm legitimately interested in it. I liked black panther in civil war, one of the few things I liked from it. And it's a new superhero people aren't too familiar with. I probably won't pay to see it but it might surprise you. People don't mind black characters if they are supposed to be black.
>>
>>85084339
capeshit was never good, redditor. the dark knight is one of the most nonsensical, boring and poorly directed films ever made
>>
>>85072932
whining about diversity is dumb, for or against it
>>
>>85082703
Once the Jews writing the checks realize the Jews pushing diversity have cost them tens of millions of dollars or more, the problem will work itself out. The problem with that, is that it takes a while to happen, and we have to suffer through it until it does. Has there ever been a time that this propaganda has been so forcefully shoved down everyone's throat so blatantly? Even the Vietnam era films didn't seem so fucking shitty.
>>
>>85084313
Also, in real life the police or the FBI would have investigated everyone involved in the Washington monument incident, found a bomb in Ned's backpack and declared him a domestic terrorist.
>>
>>85073348
>>85074942
>>85076478
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiCmP10zhW0
>>
>>85084718
>the dark knight is one of the most nonsensical, boring and poorly directed films ever made
Either you're baiting or you haven't watched any capeshit since 2008. Every capeshit movie of the last decade is worse than The Dark Knight.
>>
Superhero fatigue. Wonder woman and guardians coming out first during slow periods hurt Spidey. Itll make bank on the rental and 4k blurays in nov tho
>>
>>85075766
>90% black people
>diverse

What
>>
>>85085211
diversity means more blacks, holy fuck read a dictionary
>>
>>85084699
it isn't necaise he's black
it's because WE WUZ KANGZ is the biggest dankest meme right now, even among the younger audience. Even 12 to 14 year-olds are running around shouting WE WUZ KANGZ N SHIEEEEET today.
>>
>>85083465
nah he's the prowler, it said so in his police profile when they brought that up

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Prowler
>>
It simple why spiderman is getting killed

>WAY too many spiderman movies
>way to PC when many people are swinging to anti-PC
>deep down, it was a crappy movie that we seen a dozen times now, at this is the third reboot in like 15 years.

I suspect Black Panther will do well, WW is doing great, GotG2 was good.

People are at the point that they seen enough good cape movies that a bad one will die quickly. Heck, bad word of mouth has killed other films this summer, just look at the alien film and how quickly it died.
>>
>>85083793
I cant believe you took that seriously.....
>>
File: Ryan Gosling laughing.gif (497KB, 245x200px) Image search: [Google]
Ryan Gosling laughing.gif
497KB, 245x200px
>>85084718
>X-Men Origins: Wolverine
>X-Men: Apocalypse
>Fantastic Four (2015)
>The Amazing Spider-Man
>The Amazing Spider-Man 2
>Green Lantern
>Man of Steel
>Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
>Suicide Squad
>the entire Marvel cinematic universe
>implying everything I've listed is better than The Dark Knight
And that's just modern capeshit. There's tons of old capeshit that's worse than The Dark Knight. Some examples:
>X-Men: The Last Stand
>Catwoman
>Elektra
>Daredevil
>Batman Forever
>Batman & Robin
>Superman III
>Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
>Supergirl
Only retarded tryhards think The Dark Knight is one of the worst films ever made.
>>
>forced diversity is the problem
>not product fatigue
>not terrible direction
>not bad acting
This board can't possibly get anymore retarded and yet Im constantly proven wrong.
>>
>>85085679
I actually believe it effects the word of mouth when the dedicated fans of a property feel slighted. Think of all those people who talked up GotG to everyone they could out of sheer excitement that it was getting a movie. "Yeah, it looks stupid, but give it a chance.", you know?

I think when you lose those evangelical fans it hurts the movie sales going forward. How much, I don't know.
>>
>>85085797
This statement makes zero since since we have many successful series/movies with wide and diverse characters of different ethnic groups. Look at Fast and Furious and Get Out. Even Netflix shows, anon.

Bitching about diversity is something I've noticed only this board complains about. Spiderman has been in the shits for almost a decade now. Diversity had nothing to do with it. Did you forget SM3 or the ASM series?
>>
>>85080745
Uncle Ben was a white OLD man, why wud we wanna hear dat shit about sum old ass white racis man?
>>
>>85083679
This makes me laugh every time.

I'm 50% black and I'm tired of this shit. Luckily I can say what I want, most of the time. Though I have to watch out not going full Hitler mode.
>>
>>85084207
Doesn't matter. If MJ doesn't exist at all we have 100% proof of this SJW bullshit
>>
>>85083679
shutup faggot
>>
>>85086214
From the way it's been described they had her as an established character completely different from MJ then they were like "wouldn't it be cool if we referenced her for fans?" Why they thought that was a good idea is beyond me. Honestly it could just be damage control. But whatever. She isn't and won't be Mary Jane now. Hell in a sequel he could possibly break up with Zendaya and go out with the true redhead hotter MJ. No way you could complain then.
>>
>>85086015
You misunderstand. Get Out and F&F are fresh franchises, solely based on their cinematic form.

Spider-Man is a decades old property with a devoted fanbase based upon an entirely different medium. They have a strong emotional attachment to these characters. So if the guy who loves Flash Thompson goes to see Homecoming, he may feel upset at the drastic and unnecessary changes to the character. When his friends, coworkers, and family go to ask "the Spider-Man" guy about Homecoming and his opinion is less than enthused, it may affect their willingness to pay for the movie.

This isn't about "diversity", as these characters could be any color and I suspect comic fans would be unfazed. It's when they make huge and unnecessary changes to preexisting characters that people get upset. Don't let the /pol/ shitposting fool you, the race changing is only a symptom of what really gets the /co/ crowd riled up. It's a perceived disrespect to the characters. And understand, when I say unnecessary changes, Flash Thompson stands as a great example. What, exactly, did that character add to the movie? Did this interpretation serve a plot function or as a means to communicate a theme or lesson?

If you want a strong example of why I believe /co/'s issues with character changes aren't inherently racist, you can see how frothing mad they got when DC changed the fat, black Amanda Waller into a lighter skinned supermodel.
>>
>>85086410
I'm from /co/ and you're full of shit. The mental gymnastics you guys preform on this board is beyond astounding.
>>
>>85086410
Set let me get this straight: Spiderman failing isnt because Sony is clueless with Spiderman but black characters?
>>
>>85086410
Wait what? In what adaptation is Waller a supermodel? She's old fat and black in suicide squad. Unless you mean TV DC, which I never bothered watching.
>>
>>85074875
I'd be more surprised if he was straight, honestly.
>>
>>85076546
The fat guy in the middle looks like fujiwara from Gaki No Tsukai
>>
>>85086557
I didn't say that was exactly why, I was wondering if poor word of mouth from Spider-Man fans is correlated to the drop. I also specifically said it's not about the character's color. Flash Thompson could have been an Aryan God and his characterization would still have Flashfags in a rage. Of course it all stems back to the production making poor decisions as a whole.
>>
Being short, I'm not one to manlet shitpost, but what's the deal with all the short guys in the movie? Not a single main cast member was taller than 5'9" except for fucking Zendaya. A woman. I'm not complaining, but I remember being 5'8" in high school and being pretty damn short. Not average.
>>
>>85079467
There was.

https://twitter.com/Plasma9Snake/status/820822442876739584
>>
>>85086410
It is like making shaft white. Or the black panther into a asian.
>>
>>85076478
There's more than one type of ice. Under enough pressure, water becomes "hot ice".
>>
Brand fatigue.

Remember, it was only three years ago that Sony tried rebooting the Spiderman franchise again. They need to wait a decade before trying again.
>>
>>85077384
sounds like damage control
>>
>>85085204
Yeah, if anybody will even remember by then with all the stuff that's continuously being released, Star Wars etc.
>>
File: wrinkle_oprah.jpg (52KB, 768x433px) Image search: [Google]
wrinkle_oprah.jpg
52KB, 768x433px
>>85072901
>What's going on?

Too much forced diversity, brownwashing, and forced white/black romance. That's why I torrented it instead of going to see it in theaters. I don't know how many people skipped it because of the casting, probably a significant amount.

Other than that part it was an great movie and he was an excellent Peter Parker. Just stop shoehorning blacks into white love interests. Peter had TWO black love interests (that were both white in the comics) and the villain had a black wife and black daughter. Enough already. Black/White couples are less than one percent of American couples according to the last census. Just stop forcing this shit on us. Disney has it in nearly every film they make these days. The new star wars with Finn (who was originally white until Abrams got ahold of the film), Thor and blackwashed Valkyrie in Ragnarok. Gamora with Peter Quill in GotG (yeah she's green, the actress is black). Peter Parker in Homecoming with two black girlfriends. In A Wrinkle In Time they changed the family of the main characters who have always been canonically white to a white dad with a black wife and a black daughter.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Elsa is getting fucked by a Mexican in Frozen 2, Mary Poppins has a Muslim fiancee, Violet in Incredibles 2 has a black boyfriend, and Dumbo in the remake ends up in a romance with a gorilla.

You are transparent. Just stop.
Thread posts: 342
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.