[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How was he supposed to be the bad guy? Baby was just as much

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: BabyDriver5[1].jpg (121KB, 1661x807px) Image search: [Google]
BabyDriver5[1].jpg
121KB, 1661x807px
How was he supposed to be the bad guy? Baby was just as much of a criminal as he was and Buddy literally did nothing wrong towards him until Baby got his wife killed by being a self-righteous asshole.
>>
As a Mad Man fan I was just really happy that Jon Hamm ended up being the final boss of the movie. Also, their heists would have gone much smoother if Jamie Foxx's character didn't flip the fuck out every 5 seconds. Made his death that much more satisfying.
>>
Jon Hamm killed lots of people including cops
>>
>>85067208
>How was he supposed to be the bad guy?
What do you mean by this "bad guy" baby speak?
>>
>>85067248
the build up to Foxx's death and the resulting chase is one of the best action sequences I've seen in years. And by that point in the film the sudden gore is earned.
>>
>>85067464
It's been so long since the stakes in film were as simple as "don't get arrested" that the shift into it makes for a much tenser sequence than just some shooting spree or Bourne fight like we've been getting lately.

I mean, it has that cake and eats it, too, but as a deserved reward.
>>
>>85067208
Baby didn't get whatsername killed, Bats did. But he lashed out irrationally and that made him the bad guy.
>>
>>85067784
Yeah, to be honest I was expecting the action to be a lot more over the top, coming from Hot Fuzz and Scott Pilgrim, but it was surprisingly grounded. Realistic stakes and also a sense of morality.

The final boss fight was very small scale but it was perfectly tense and personal.
>>
>>85067248
>>85068067
>final boss
this is a movie not a video game
>>
Because the film was shit, and here's why:

1) Sperglord thinks that he can record other criminals to make mixtapes and not put a fucking bullet in his brain the instant they find out.

2) Spacey's character forgets to inform his autistic A-Team that the weapons are from HIS crooked cops. OOOPS!

3) Hey Windowlicker, you know you can fit your entire music collection on one cell phone now, right, and you don't need 20 different iPods for product placement, even if your shitty parents died in a crash.

4) Spacey's character never uses the same team members... until he does.

5) You spend your entire time thinking about Drive or other Wright movies you'd rather be watching instead of this self fellating passion product.

6) I'm going to fire two bullets next to your ears to deafen you, THEN kill your girlfriend so you can watch and THEN kill you because I'm written by a fucking idiot and... pacing.
>>
>>85069124
k
>>
>>85069124
I agree with everything you just said
>>
>>85068618
He sure had a big life bar.
>>
>>85069124
>I'm going to fire two bullets next to your ears to deafen you
That's what he was trying to do? Didn't Foxx fire a fucking shotgun right next to his ear earlier in the film while he was driving? I thought Hamm was trying to shoot his ears clean off and then wondered why they were still intact in the next scene.
>>
>>85069573
>Didn't Foxx fire a fucking shotgun right next to his ear earlier in the film while he was driving?
I don't think he fired it, he was going to and then Baby knocked the gun away.
>>
File: IMG_5726.jpg (368KB, 700x1049px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5726.jpg
368KB, 700x1049px
This is better. Better soundtrack as well.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.