[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Time for the daily zodiac thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 13

File: v1.jpg (217KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
v1.jpg
217KB, 1200x900px
Time for the daily zodiac thread
>>
Why tattoo three faces on your chest
>>
I watched this for the first time recently, it was pretty good.
>>
Can we talk about how sexy Chloe Sevigny is?
>>
>>85051912
t.virgin
>>
>>85051912
she's not at all
>>
>>85050585
One of the most boring films ever made. Don't get me wrong, the Zodiac story is incredibly interesting, and had it been made by a director who knew how to make a good film, it probably would've been one of the best mystery crime thrillers of the 21st century. Instead, what we got was a mediocre film where nothing really happens, in which Robert Downey Jr. tries to """"act"""", and a basement scene that is hilariously overrated.
>>
>>85051912
Why did you pick the worst screenshot for your argument? There are much better stills of her being cute.
>>
>>85051912
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-LRITaHUbI
>>
Was George Hodel the zodiac?
>>
>>85051912
she looks like a man but I'm still attracted her
>>
Unnecessary CGI the Movie
>>
>>85052240
didn't feel like screenshotting netflix and took one from google
>>
>>85052341
Ted Cruz actually.
>>
>>85052341

No, to my understanding he was hiding in Asia during the time. He was the black dahlia killer though.
>>
>Literally every time I watch a movie
>EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME
>Doesn't matter if the movie is new or old
>There is always a thread about it on /tv/ after I finish
Prove that life isn't a simulation. You can't.
It was a great movie. Gyllenhaal is a great actor
>>
>>85050726
Same.
>>
>>85053006
The dude was like the real life Hannibal Lecter and I really believe he could have been the lipstick killer, the jigsaw killer, and the black dahlia killer. Him being the zodiac seems like a stretch though.
>>
>>85053221
you didnt need to greentext. are you new here?
>>
>>85053221
I saw War for the Planet of the Apes and can't start a thread about it to save my life. That said, what does it mean, "life is a simulation"? A simulation of what? How can you simulate all that is, at that point it just...is.
>>
>>85053221
i hate this so much, i know it's just confirmation bias and other related things but i watched happy gilmore the other day and then read Zoo by james patterson and it explicitly mentions people watching that movie early in the book

freaks me out. what freaks me out more is that the belief in life being a simulation or other similar ideas is just a modern, information age form of theism and it starts to make perfect sense how so many people are religious
>>
>>85053428
He's from reddit.
>>
>>85053548
I like the last part of your post. I never thought I would be religious. I hated going to church as a kid. Funny enough, it is information that brought me back to believing in a higher power.
>>
>>85053712
>>85053428
You have to go back, samefag.
>>
>Leight clearly says, "I'm not the Zodiac"
>Graysmith is still convinced he's the Zodiac
Is Graysmith autistic?
>>
File: a.jpg (16KB, 437x136px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
16KB, 437x136px
>>85053788
yeah ok my dude
>>
>>85053221
>life is a simulation
What does this mean? I've heard this mentioned on here a lot but no one gets specific.
>>
File: IMG_1352.jpg (274KB, 1600x1150px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1352.jpg
274KB, 1600x1150px
>>85051912
>posts this ironically but is still right
>>
>>85053918
Graysmith was the Zodiac
>>
>>85054083
i want to die in that bush
>>
It was fucking Arthur Leigh but there were several copycats and he was also taking credit for other peoples murders
>>
>>85054083
oh my
>>
The Zodiac killings never took place. They were just viral marketing to push this movie.
>>
My favorite thing about this movie was the inconsistency in eye witness accounts. I think too many people viewed the film linearly and assumed the last suspect was "the" Zodiac. Point was that it didn't matter because ultimately everything was inconclusive. Every eye witness account that's portrayed has the Zodiac in different circumstances, attire, a location, and also a description from the witnesses who survived.
>>
>>85054094
I thought he was the Hurdy Gurdy Man
>>
>>85054697
Could be possible the Zodiac killer took credit for murders he didn't commit.
>>
>>85054413
B R A V O F I N C H E R
>>
>>85054413
>>85054916
Fincher was the Zodiac
>>
So, going by the movie, it was Arthur, right?
>>
>>85054083

Loved her work in Brown Bunny
>>
>>85054874

He actually did take a fuckload of credit from murders he never commited
>>
>>85054697
Fun Fact: The zodiac killer is played by a different actor in every kill scene.
>>
>>85054874
>>85055770
He claimed credit for like 37 murders in his letters I think but he's only confirmed to have killed 5 with 5 more possibly having been him.
>>
>>85051912
BLACKED fucking when?
>>
>>85053929
Nice photoshop newfag.
>>
>>85056392

After the Zodiac kills you.
>>
Was the Zodiac cipher even a thing or just nonsense after the first one was solved.
>>
>>85057215
Graysmith solved one of the later ones, but there's about 4 unsolved ones.
>>
>>85057303
>Graysmith

It was probably him.

His first wife left him and such, and he lost it and killed some couples.

He put himself into the crimes fully. He worked at one of the few places that got letters.

Hi second wife left him.
>>
Why havent we gotten a good OG Night Stalker movie yet? Its a much more chilling/interesting tale than muh symbols and shit police work.
>>
>>85057654
>Guy kills a few couples
>Sends a letter
>Graysmith is all "Holy shit this is so cool"
>Kills the cab driver himself after figuring out Zodiac's cipher
>Zodiac doesn't even give a shit
>>
>>85057900

It does fit that he could be high on the list of suspects.

He liked The Most Dangerous Game. He liked codes. His wife left him (this is something that can make a psycho lose it). He worked at the place that got letters and evidence. He put himself into the crimes fully with the police and other investigators. People thought he was obsessed. He wrote a book. He decoded one of the ciphers when the case was drying up.
>>
>>85058082
Hell, reading the book with this frame of mind it almost comes off as taunting.
>>
>>85058161

I bet if you look into it, there'll be no alibi for the murders and the location of Graysmith.
>>
>>85058936
Impossible at this point. Like they said in the movie, people get old, stuff gets lost, too much time has passed.
>>
>>85057900
graysmith didn't kill anyone

it was paul avery
>>
>>85055037
The long con payed off
>>
File: who was.jpg (287KB, 1396x799px) Image search: [Google]
who was.jpg
287KB, 1396x799px
why is this scene so good
>>
Last movie I watched with my dad before he died.
>>
>>85061883
Realistic maybe? Its not filmed like your average serial killer movie scene somehow

also oneof the things I love about this film ist hat Im from the general area the movie takes place in
>>
>>85062194
it's rare to see a horror / suspense scene in broad daylight like that

makes the tension a bit creepier because you know they are totally at his mercy and dont know what they're in for.

crazy that the guy survived
>>
>>85062194
>Realistic maybe?

The zodiac wasn't there. The guy stabbed the girl to death and stabbed himself a few times to make it look good, then said the zodiac did it.
>>
>>85062328
zodiac was just /r9k/ tier bitter about women so he never bothered to make sure the males died

guy in the opening lovers lane shooting survived too
>>
>>85061883
Because iirc that guy survived and so what you're seeing is an exact replication of what happened
>>
>>85062648
kinda made himself look like a douche with his interactions with the killer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFN4Bb7wcog

but i truly think he and the girl buy the story that he's an escapee who only wants to tie them up and steal the car
>>
>>85061883
Because it actually happened. That's the reason the film's so good.
>>
>>85062648
He did survive. He actually became a defense attorney and once encountered Michael Mageau in court.
>>
>>85052193
Plz be b8
>>
Can you guys add some more True Detective/Serial Killer movies to my little list?

Zodiac
Memories of Murder
Prisoners
Hannibal Trilogy
The Crimson Rivers
Se7en
The Chaser
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (not that related)
Manhunter
I Saw the Devil
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
>>
>>85061910
>"do you think he saw the film and was...inspired"
>>
This movie was awesome. I did a lot of research after watching it on Netflix recently and have come to the conclusion that it was a bunch of different people all assuming the title of the zodiac. If not that then I have no idea who he is.
>>
>>85057022
Rekt
>>
Could someone get away with this many murders today?

Seems highly doubtful
>>
>>85063419
There are a bunch of good serial killer documentaries, a lot of shitty quality ~50 min long ones are on yt. Some are available on torrents and are better quality.
>>
>>85064022
I kinda agree. Most, if not all, the prolific serial killers in the US were before there was a lot of forensic analysis going on, hell many of them were before there was even a fingerprint database.

One of the reasons Zodiac wasn't caught was because a lot of his crimes took place near borders of jurisdiction between PDs, and they weren't communicating well at all.
>>
>>85064022
depends on who they are targeting

>homeless people and degenerates: a while
>pretty white women: a day or two

if the full force of johnny law came down they would find you on camera somewhere in a second
>>
>>85063443

He was telling me about how he remembered when it was happening, and just how freaked out everyone was.
>>
>>85064022

Sure

No evidence pointing to anyone and luck

Cameras everywhere are the bigger issue today, but luck can still win out
>>
>>85064265
Yea, if you operate without a vehicle, you either spend a long ass time walking or you operate locally, allowing them to focus on that area. Not to mention the possibility of curfews (if it really got that far).

If you use a vehicle, you can spread your net out but you risk getting pulled over, car being spotted, traffic cameras. At least with traffic cameras you can wear a hat and some plain clothes.

Another way to draw it out is to change up your MO. It will take them longer to associate the crimes with each other, barring forensic evidence at each scene matching.
>>
>>85064444
>no evidence

That's the tricky part
>>
>>85064022
Clearly a government psy-op. San Francisco is a hotbed for political corruption and conspiracy. MK Ultra blackmail brothels went on there. Bohemian Grove human sacrifices go on there. The Church of Satan was founded there (by a Jew, Anton LeVay, and his little buddy, Michael Aquino). Aquino was ex-millitary intelligence, specializing in psychological warfare. He then went on to found the Temple of Set, another satanic group.

My point being, these murders were done for a variety of purposes by a variety of people, and covered up by the government and military in order to create chaos and fear (same as the Jack the Ripper killings, read up on him). The same reasons the CIA funded abstract expressionism and pushed crack into the inner cities and forgave ex-Nazis in order to get them to help with mind-control LSD experiments.

Of course, this doesn't work anymore. People aren't scared of serial killers, they're scared of spree killers now. Read up on Sandy Hook.
>>
>>85064630
>tinfoilhat.jpg
>>
>>85064022
Could the Zodiac have gotten away with doing what he did today? Absolutely not. Could someone get away with being a serial killer at all today? Check this out: https://www.google.com/amp/www.craveonline.com/mandatory/1106490-10-american-serial-killers-that-are-still-out-there/amp
>>
>>85064686
Most of this shit is on fucking wikipedia and MSM sites dude. None of this is a conspiracy except for the idea that they are all somehow related, which for a government that pardoned Nazis and experimented on people with LSD (and even planned to kill their own citizens, Operation Northwoods) seems very plausible.
>>
>>85064715
I thought the Long Island killer got caught?

Also, how the fuck haven't they caught someone using CL to get victims?

>>85064788
I'd have to look all that shit up but saying the Zodiac killer was a compilation of all these entities has no support that I'm aware of.
>>
>>85063419
Marshland
Serial Killer 1
Next time I'll aim for the heart.
>>
File: the shinin.jpg (202KB, 625x414px) Image search: [Google]
the shinin.jpg
202KB, 625x414px
>>85064852
Except the fact that the Church of Satan was founded in the same city as a majority of the killings around the same time period (and Michael Aquino, who was involved, worked for military intelligence), the CIA was funding LSD whore houses to blackmail powerful individuals, MK Ultra was going on across the country (and in my hometown), Operation Northwoods was being planned, and of course Bohemian Grove is in San Francisco, and if you don't know what THAT is by now, well I can't help you man, you just like living in the dark I guess.

Ever read Plato's allegory of the cave? I mean the fucking writer of the Exorcist was ex-military intelligence/psych-warfare, c'mon dude put two and two together.
>>
>>85065062
The Church of Satan isn't some satanic cult like people think of, sacrificing goats and whatnot. That pic is funny though. If it's not a joke, then I still would only take it seriously if his hands and fingers were in the same positions.

All that you said though, doesn't prove it was in any way responsible for these handful of killings. LOTS of people die in major city areas all the time.
>>
>>85050585
Is it bad I still haven't seen this movie? Looks good.
>>
>>85065221
It's pretty good; if you like reading, read Zodiac by Robert Graysmith, it's basically what this movie is.
>>
>>85054083
>That bush
>that blowjob in BB

yea...
>>
>>85065274
Shit really? Damn now I gotta see it
>>
>>85057775
who the fuck is og night stalker?
>>
>>85065354
Pretty sure he's in the credits for advising or based on or something like that.
>>
>>85050726
>>85053354
Newfags.
>>
File: kubrick.jpg (49KB, 640x309px) Image search: [Google]
kubrick.jpg
49KB, 640x309px
>>85065202
Read about Michael Aquino dude. The Church of Satan is some weird shit, why are they so involved with military intelligence? Why were they founded at the exact same time MK Ultra, Operation Paperclip, and Operation Northwoods were going on?

Ever seen Eyes Wide Shut? And you still don't know what the Bohemian Grove is do you?
>>
>>85064022
If you keep your mouth shut (Tell absolutely nobody) and do the basic forensics (only random victims nobody, gloves, etc.) absolutely yes
>>
>>85065534
It's not that simple
>>
>>85053961
Think about it like this, we essentially simulate life in games like Grand Theft Auto. Now, if we are capable of simulating life, then it is possible that the reality we are in is itself a simulation created just like GTA.
>>
>>85065534
In theory you're right but in the practice? Things never work like that.
>>
File: mystery.jpg (124KB, 800x550px) Image search: [Google]
mystery.jpg
124KB, 800x550px
We can all agree, while they're both good, that Memories of Murder is in fact the superior film both in style and in execution, right?
>that shitty cgi in every scene of Zodiac, from the waterfront (aged very poorly), to even the blood)
Fincher is a hack, albeit a competent one.
>>
>>85065413
Aight dawg. Take your word for it.
>>
>>85063419
Snowtown
The Killing
>>
>>85065386
A prolific serial rapist in late 1970s Sacramento. His MO was to scout out a suburban neighborhood for several weeks before zeroing in on a target. In this time, he would gain a pretty good understanding of the ins and outs of the area which would later assist him in making his escape on several occasions. His targets were almost always women living in single story homes. He'd break in, tie them down with very elaborate knots, and then proceed to rape them.

In the 1980s, there was a series of rapes and murders in Los Angeles that seemed to fit a similar pattern and so investigators did a DNA check and it turns out it was the same guy, but they never actually caught him.
>>
File: zodiac.gif (362KB, 500x212px) Image search: [Google]
zodiac.gif
362KB, 500x212px
>Not many people have basements in California.

Kino. Top to bottom. I pity the people who cried about the pacing of the film. It was perfect.
>>
>>85065908
I do.
>>
>>85065789
AKA Patton Oswalt's dad.
>>
Hawaii’s first serial killer of note specialized in binding and raping women and leaving their corpses in lagoons. In total, five women died the same way. A strange twist in the story happened when a man called the cops and told them that a psychic told him that a dead body was on Sand Island. They followed the lead and found their fifth victim.

This man, who is unnamed, was eventually taken in for a polygraph test and an interrogation, where he failed both. His wife further informed the cops that he had left the house in a rage after fights and on every one of these nights, a murder happened. She also said he was into S&M bondage, which coincided with his MO. This surprisingly has never led to a conviction, which has led some to believe that the Honolulu Strangler was, himself, a member of law enforcement.
>>
>>85065062
The church of Satan is just edgy human secularism, can't speak on the rest of it
>>
>>85066076
I don't know, I find it highly unlikely they'd let that much slide. Some random bullshit I can see but 5 murders is a lot to just too much.
>>
>>85065789
>In the 1980s, there was a series of rapes and murders in Los Angeles that seemed to fit a similar pattern and so investigators did a DNA check and it turns out it was the same guy, but they never actually caught him.
Wasnt he Richard Ramirez?
>>
>>85065789
>He'd break in, tie them down with very elaborate knots, and then proceed to rape them.

That doesn't sound to bad. If they relaxed and just let it happen, they'd probably have enjoyed it, assuming he didn't kill them or w/e
>>
File: george soros.gif (154KB, 526x394px) Image search: [Google]
george soros.gif
154KB, 526x394px
>>85066440
Get help.
>>
File: mpv_2017-07-17_01-51-42.jpg (157KB, 1920x1137px) Image search: [Google]
mpv_2017-07-17_01-51-42.jpg
157KB, 1920x1137px
>>
>>85066440
You're probably picturing some hot (girl/guy) doing it.
>>
Shit was boring af
>>
>>85067333
How was the new transformers?
>>
File: nightstalker.jpg (438KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
nightstalker.jpg
438KB, 2048x1536px
>>85066242
>>
>>85051912
Looks like a man.
>>
>>85067705

Lmfao I didnt say it was bad, but goddamn I tried my hardest not to fall asleep.
>>
>>85052815
>>>reddit
>>
>>85067826
well that's understandable. it's a long film and you didn't get it
>>
>>85054697
The zodiac killings were most likely carried out by two guys: Arthur Lee Allen and Lawrence "Kane" Kay. Either they worked together, or Kane was a copycat.

My personal opinion: they worked together and someone else wrote the letters to make it harder to trace back to them (or handwriting analysis is a joke which is the logical conclusion to draw)
>>
>>85062506
I like to believe that the internet helps prevent serial killers. People flock to small online communities to complain about shit in their lives and get other people to agree with them, so there's less of a chance of them lashing out.
>>
Where is Red Dragon?
>>
>>85064788
you are a generic internet conspiracy fucktard

lemme guess, I'm one of the sheeple, i should wake up
>>
>>85065062
>c'mon dude put two and two together.
ITS SO SIMPLE
>>
>>85068510
that's utterly ridiculous. edgy kids on 4chan are not potential serial killers
>>
>>85066242
No that is the second night stalker which is why that anon used the OG which stands for Original. The original was never caught and a much better criminal as wrong as that sounds to say.
>>
>>85065502
AS ABOVE SO BELOW AS ABOVE SO BELOW
>>
>>85069012
You don't know who could be what if these people didn't have the internet.
>>
>>85069012
Are you for real? Anons have been linked to so many crimes/murders over the years its insane. A few of them will come on here to say what theyre going to do before shit happens and then it happens.

I would bet good money there has been at least 1 serial killer on this website in the 13 years its existed.
>>
>>85066076
That's some Higurashi shit.
>>
>>85069012
A school shooter from Minnesota (idk his name) had a flash up on newgrounds. It's not that big of a stretch.
>>
>>85065620
I would agree but there's some tonal shit in MoM which throws if off. Like the whole bit with the panties fapper pervert, it came off as comedic.
>>
>>85065908
>Not many people have basements in California.
San Franciscofag here, that part creeped me out so hard. All Californians have a fear of basements, its like seeing a unicorn or some shit to us.
>>
>>85064022
If you're a trucker, than yes. There's several suspected serial killers active in the contract trucking community who probably have dozens of kills, and will probably never be caught.

Truckers are uniquely suited to being well-"funded" transients, capable of transporting and unloading a body virtually anywhere in the US without raising suspicion by departing from their usual routine, with a killing field the size of a continent. Most operate in low-population areas with virtually none of the surveillance of urban centers, and given the population of runaways, ne'er do-wells and prostitutes who frequent roadsides and truck-stops, the potential victim list is nearly endless and caters to nearly every taste.

The trucking culture is generally insular and individual enough, and many truckers have enough of their own sins, that these killers are unlikely to be outed by their own peers.

other anons in this thread seem to forget that even with "muh surveillance" and "muh cameras," a rolling 40% of homicides go unsolved in the US. The rates are the worst in urban areas. Though much of this happens in poor areas and can be attributed to gang violence, there's plenty that does not.
>>
>>85070849
>San Franciscofag here

No need to be redundant.
>>
>>85070570
I actually prefer Zodiac to Memories, but that's a Korean cinema for you. Always a mix of slapstick humor and seriousness.
>>
>>85063419

The Secret in their Eyes

The original argentine one, not the american remake
Thread posts: 140
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.