[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will this movie flop?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 7

File: Blade-Runner-2049-Cars.jpg (748KB, 2048x1346px) Image search: [Google]
Blade-Runner-2049-Cars.jpg
748KB, 2048x1346px
>>
>>85050145
Probably.
No explaination from me.
It just probably will.
Remakes/very late sequels rarely do well.
>>
>>85050145

hope so...
>>
was Blade runner ever popular I thought it was part of the Alien Franchise before i watched it
>>85050145
>>
Likely. The first Blade Runner is a cult classic. The fact this sequel was funded with a $200 million budget is fucking retarded and guaranteed to not recoup its budget.
>>
>>85050145
i have absolutely no hopes it will live up to the expectations.
So yeah, let it flop and be forgotten just like any terminator sequel besides T2
>>
I don't care, I like scifi so I'll watch it and probably have a good time.
>>
>>85052283
$200 million is crazy for any movie, let alone one with a small cult fan base
>>
>>85050145
probably yeah
>>
>>85052283
Just funny money at that point. Hopefully Villenueve put it to good use.
>>
fucking everything is flopping, and it's all big names. Blade "Yeah I thinking my nerdy virgin brother likes it" Runner doesn't stand a chance
>>
>Too bad she won't drive, but then again who does?
>I drive.
>>
>>85050145
it won't but its gonna be shit
>>
everything that isn't capeshit is bombing.

A follow on to a cult classic movie that is 35 years old.

I am pumped for it, but I cant see it make money. Hope everyone needs a tax write off.
>>
There's no bigger fan of the original than me, and right now I know of no reason yet why I would want to watch this movie. What is it about, how does it fit, why did this story need to be told. I'm waiting for a trailer that tells us something.
>>
>>85054003
>There's no bigger fan of the original than me
Whoah whoah whoah there bub
>>
File: OIDRVRR.png (2MB, 2048x1346px) Image search: [Google]
OIDRVRR.png
2MB, 2048x1346px
>>
>>85054240
Now add the three Coke cans
>>
>>85050145
Harrison Ford doesn't give a shit about acting any more, he's too old. Ryan Gosling can't act. Looks like it's going to be a generic action movie with nice looking CGI. So yeah it's going to flop.
>>
movies don't typically do big money unless it's marketed to children. The big wigs have already figured this out years ago and plan accordingly.
>>
>>85054240
>>85054268
>>
>>85054997

I mean Arrival made bank on a pretty small budget. I think this film, like most of DV's films, will live or die based on when they release it and whether or not something else comes along to eat up its market before it's made a profit.
>>
I don't know how it will do financially. Probably poorly. But I'm betting it'll be good because of DV and Goose
>>
>>85052512
This.
>>
>>85056568

This. Even if it flops, at least we got it. Next Blade Runner in 30 years.
>>
>>85050145
RLM already likes it and they are the perfect indication for the lowest common denominator.
It will do fine and considered better than the boring original one.
>>
>>85050145
the original blade runner flopped.
its not a normie movie and never was.
this will flop but people like me will love it still i imagine.
>>
File: average-g-user.png (255KB, 499x376px) Image search: [Google]
average-g-user.png
255KB, 499x376px
>>85050145

If I had to bet money of it, yes.

It's not capeshit so it won't bring out the normies and children. It's also a mildly offensive idea to fans of the original.
It will probably have terrible product placement throughout the movie and autistic dialog.
I pray to the Gods that they spent most of that $200 on CGI.

It's got an 89% of failure.
>>
>>85055957
It's facing week 3 of Kingsman 2, and some animated movies (week 3 of LEGO Ninjago and opening against MLP). Some throwaway drama and sci-fi. Has a chance if it nabs the casual viewer.
>>
I definitely hope so, I really love Villeneuve's films and I hope he has enough power over how this movie turns out.
>>
>>85050145

Maybe, I mean the original flopped hard. It depends on how much the fanbase can hype it up to get normies to watch it.
>>
>>85050219
This. The only exception is star wars because it's literally ingrained into pop culture.
>>
>>85058009
>RLM already likes it
https://youtube.com/watch?v=QZOLKwSsFik
>>
>>85055562
hunting down replicants
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_9SsX7HJhE
>>
>>85050145
Go outside. Find the first person you see. Ask them if they know what "Blade Runner" is. They'll probably say no. Although they might recognize the Goose and da Jokah baybee, and will likely recognize Harrison Ford.
>>
>tfw ive seen the movie but im too afraid to post about it on /tv/ because I'm afraid that they might have put fake-out elements in it so they can deduce people who spoil it and I would be sued for $2.5M if they found out it was me
>>
>>85066199
Gotcha muthafucker
>>
>>85064524
If it is true, than it is good for the film.

There are no specific expectations and normies will have the feeling they are watching "deep" movie, or a movie which is in previously set up universe. Which is great. They dont like hazard with their time and money, they go for brands.

At least that is how marketing people will think about how to sell this product. They can be successful tho.

Who knows when the reboot-fatigue will kick in. Maybe in time when people will stop going for brands and fastfood.
>>
>>85066378
Haha I wouldn't doubt it if someone would be able to catch me with just what I posted. The movie is so absurd.

The weirdest part of it in my opinion is that it gives a definitive answer to the "Is Deckard human or replicant" but then later in the movie they just kind of scoff at the question???
>>
>>85050145
I hope it flops, blade runner doesn't deserve to do good, especially if their recruiting gosling and rerecruiting gayass Ford. Blade runner was never even that great of a movie, sure it was influential considering the whole atmosphere and setting and sure it had a great soundtrack but the film itself sucked ass. Shitty pacing, Harrison Ford literally gets his answers handed to him and never has to do any real detective work
>>
>>85050145
Depends on how much input Ridley Scott has in it. At least he's not directing so that's one good sign
>>
>>85067485
Gosling could be good but you're right about Ford. I'm gonna call it right now any scene with him will be the worst part because they'll drag the movie down just to do call backs to the original. Just like Force Awakens
>>
>>85050145
I bet they're going to fill it with action scenes.
>>
>>85050145
Couldn't give less of a shit, as long as it's good.
>>
It's doomed already because Ford is confirmed replicant
>>
I'm not confident in any sort of success.

The entire beauty of the original had very little to do with the book it's based upon. Blade Runner was all about it's atmosphere. Between the scenery and the music it's just incredible.
>>
>>85067485

>never has to do any real detective work

NEVER is an exaggeration. He gets that synthetic reptile scale from the bathtub, which leads him to the stripper etc. By the time any more detective work could have been done he comes face-to-face with the replicants he's tracking.
>>
>>85068166
Don't forget: ENHANCE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHepKd38pr0
>>
>>85050145
Movie looks like a very expensive Audi short film, and that's the facts. Flop? Big time. Jews blew their load inflating Wonder Woman's grosses. Gosling is SOL for Bar Mitzvah cash. Tap out at $50m domestic, $100m worldwide
>>
It's a sci-fi movie that isn't tied to capeshit or a young adult novel series

Of course it's going to bomb.
>>
>>85050219
Jurassic World is one of the most successful movies ever. Sequel reboots seem to better.
>>
>>85069296
>inflating Wonder Woman's grosses
lmao actually believing this
>>
>>85069682
Jurassic Park was also a much bigger deal than Blade Runner ever was, so not exactly comparable.
>>
People like to say they like Blade Runner but most people don't actually like Blade Runner
>>
>>85050145
I think it has a chance since it isn't a straight up reboot.
>>
I thought it would barely break even, but then i found out that the budget is 200 mil and it's also R-rated. What the fuck were they thinking?
>>
>>85069870
Most people are also very dim. Coincidence, perhaps?
>>
>>85050145
Original Blade Runner bombed, and so will this. Nobody gives a shit about Blade Runner, at least not in the amount that's necessary for a movie not to bomb. Unless they keep the budget really low, in which case it'll be shit anyway.
>>
>>85050145
It will flop as hard as the Twin Reddit return, people are smarter these days and don't fall for the same old shit that fooled people decades ago
>>
>Goose
i like him but his acting is shit and his genre is something in between nice guys and drive(autist kino) not a action movie
>>
>>85050145
No.

Recognizable brand, big stars, great director.
Literally nothing can go wrong with this film.
>>
File: maxresdefault(2).jpg (84KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault(2).jpg
84KB, 1280x720px
>>85071263
>Blade Runner is an action movie
>>
How does it make you feel that Ridley will inevitably tie together Blade runner and Alien?
With the cinematic universe fad he will have support from the studios too.
>>
>>85050367
for special effects in the 80's yeah, at the time it was pretty amazing. It also has a really gritty feel and mood, like you could just lose yourself and disappear into that futuristic city. The plot is pretty stupid though. It's all about the feel and effects. The problem with this sequel is that it seems to be about the plot and nobody liked blade runner for the plot. Effects are not impressive anymore and it doesn't seem like they have cptured the feel and mood of the original. It will do ok but it will ultimately be a let down.
>>
File: No Thanks.png (589KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
No Thanks.png
589KB, 1440x810px
So, what excuse will Ridley use to explain how Harrison Ford is still alive?
>>
>>85071328
The lifespan was a limitation of older technology/legal limitations. Really had to think about that, senpai.
>>
File: ancient-aliens-guy.jpg (94KB, 1280x1120px) Image search: [Google]
ancient-aliens-guy.jpg
94KB, 1280x1120px
>>85071328

Weyland Yutani
>>
>>85071328
He's not the Deckard from the first film. They based the replicants on him.

Feel free to screencap this.
>>
>>85071328
He is the original Deckard from which the replicant was based off
>>
>>85071328

Being a replicant, I think he was similar to the woman that was his love interest though the movie. No limit on their lifespan. Trouble is, what happened to said love interest? I was heavily invested in her future with Deckard whether he was a replicant or not. Throwing that away is a big slap in the face to the fans. It's one of the few substances in the film of importance aside from the great atmosphere.

Again, Blade Runner had this incredible mood about it that might have happened on accident. I hear however, that the set designer was a genius.

Whoever did the musical store also knew what they were doing. That soft jazz, while almost always unappealing; worked perfectly.
>>
>>85071316

I think they're attempting to do this generation's version of it, which is a huge mistake. I think there's a lot to be said about being at the tail-end of a century instead of the beginning and why this movie should not have been made.
>>
>>85050145
No, it'll do ok, but it'll be painfully within one standard deviation of average. Will look very nice aside from overuse of color-correction, but make no lasting impression. And the editing will probably bother me since it did on Arrival. Just something about the rhythm felt off.

And old Harrison Ford pretty much shits on the original.
>hurr durr they were Nexus 7s that live longer
>>
>>85050145
if we're only talking about box office, i think it'll have a solid opening weekend and then drop off massively after that because anyone who wants to see it will have already seen it and people who never watched the first one won't be interested.

it'll be received well by critics, though.
>>
>>85071824
Haw can you not know that id wad vangelis.

Also pretty much anything about the movie was an accident. And the score, mood and sets are almost anything there is.

Listening to blade runner on youtube. Watch it
>>
He say you brade lunner.
>>
>>85072057

That's the thing, with movies like this it was almost like they did it on purpose; but they only say they did because it helps their career. I can't blame them at all. The people who get the credit rarely deserve it anyways. All we can hope is that they learned something at the time if they were in charge.
>>
>>85071469

Dumb explanation.

He's still alive because Deckard and the woman he was with at the end, his love interest were different and could potentially live longer than a human. Luckily this is probably their last hurrah though I suspect Ford would live long enough for another once since he wasn't main-lining cat urine or whatever the fuck Carrie Fisher was doing.

Got that paycheck and ran right for the heroin dealer.
>>
>>85050145
Dude what the fuck is up with the perspective in this picture. I hope this was fan made or something.
>>
>ryan gosling
>jared leto
>batista

literally not possible

It will do 700 mil minimum
>>
This is the only movie I'm slightly anticipating this year. Mainly because of the director, aesthetics and Ana de Armas. Goose generally makes me shrug although he was good in The Nice Guys. But 200 million? REALLY? No way it makes that back.
>>
>>85050145
>Jacket designed to keep his neck from getting cold
Did you know "gosling" means baby goose? Really makes you think, huh?
>>
>>85073118

Very unlikely that it will.

It would take twice as much to do it justice to the original and even die-hard fans wouldn't be able to make the box office fill.

It should be EXTREMELY DARK and gritty but they're going to probably attempt a tech-noir thing. Horrible decision from now people in the industry, trying to make their mark when nobody will care.
>>
>>85074613

They're actually fucking it up badly. By the Promos they are already selecting to make it more Utopian than Dystopian. THERE IS NOT ALWAYS A LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, LEARN TO FUCKING WRITE!
>>
>>85050145
That's a pretty sweet coat
>>
>>85050145
Why is there a tiny toy car in the middle of the street?
>>
>>85071328
Deckard is a replicant in Ridleys mind
>>
>>85050145
Other than a few fairly iconic lines, the original movie had nothing going for it other than special effects which have been done to death with parodies over the years.

As such this film has nothing left except to try and desperately parody the original and repeat aspects - which is probably why we'll get a 'Tears In Rain' scene.
>>
It will be moderately profitable.
They'll make a sequel.
The sequel bombs.
>>
>>85074856
>sorry bro, that didn't test well with our test audiences
>>
>>85050145
They will SJW the shit out of. I am literally afraid to pay money for it.
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.