[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/who/ - Doctor Who General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 363
Thread images: 59

File: DE5DRoUUIAA0TGx.jpg (18KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
DE5DRoUUIAA0TGx.jpg
18KB, 500x282px
The original female Doctor edition

Last Thread: >>85039822
>>
File: the-valeyard.png (396KB, 626x819px) Image search: [Google]
the-valeyard.png
396KB, 626x819px
>>85044240
Will he ever be mentioned again?
>>
File: DAS RITE.png (15KB, 523x126px) Image search: [Google]
DAS RITE.png
15KB, 523x126px
DAS RITE
>>
File: jodie.jpg (198KB, 1225x1838px) Image search: [Google]
jodie.jpg
198KB, 1225x1838px
>>
>>85044323
Only in Big Finish
>>
File: IMG_6705.jpg (263KB, 1200x627px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6705.jpg
263KB, 1200x627px
We Doctor Now
>>
>>85044323
For sure, I think it'll be happening soon.
>>
Help me out /who/, I've been busy all day so I missed the live thread for the reveal and whoever made >>85023604 couldn't be bothered to link the previous thread. Anyone got it?
>>
How long till BBC bans men from seeing the show because "muh safe space for womyn"?
>>
So what do you think they're going to do with the companion? Will she be female as usual, or will they stir things up and get a male companion to accompany the first female Doctor?

Do you have someone you'd love to see as a companion in S11?
>>
Hold up I thought there was a rule that the Doctor can't be female, or was it black
>>
File: smiley.jpg (25KB, 379x360px) Image search: [Google]
smiley.jpg
25KB, 379x360px
>>85044343
>we have ruined all these other things and now we have ruined doctor who
Bravo
>>
File: 1500073423068.png (432KB, 482x750px) Image search: [Google]
1500073423068.png
432KB, 482x750px
>>85044110

It's not even too early to write a Thirteenth Doctor story for Shit Trips Vol 2 entry.

Seriously, Shit Trips Vol 2 needs more entries. I have like, 3 right now.
>>
>>85044323
If we can cast someone as Hartnell why the fuck can't we recast the Valeyard and have a season when the doctor spirals into madness?
>>
>>85044240
>mfw matt smith was the first doctor ti identify as a girl
>myf we saw her ta-tas
>>
Anyone make any money of a bet?
>>
>>85044438
The companion will be a black muslim male. The Doctor will gush on about how quintessentially British he is.
>>
>>85044204
You misunderstand me. I'm not happy they're leaving because they dislike the new female Doctor, I'm happy they're leaving because they're over-dramatic cunts.
>>
>>85044495
Did anyone even BET Jodie?!?!
>>
>>85044495
I think one anon won a thousand pounds
>>
>>85044418
>>85022714
>>
File: 1500225277585.png (1MB, 1089x1090px) Image search: [Google]
1500225277585.png
1MB, 1089x1090px
>>85044495
>that one anon who put 2000bongs on marshall

almost feel bad for him
>>
Good 'ole Daily Mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4701602/Doctor-Jodie-Whittaker-seen-TOTALLY-NAKED-Smoke.html
>>
>>85044438
Its going to be a male and a female. The male is going to be dumb and ignorant, and the female and the Doctor are going to "educate" him.

Then hes going to die offscreen and the Doctor will be like "finally, i couldnt stand more of his mansplaining"

Screencap this.
>>
>>85044343
Its like only the assholes on both sides get any words in anymore. Like you can't even have a fucking opinion anymore because if its not far to one side or the other your literally the problem.

Lets give her a chance before we react.
>Fucking cuck, literally blacked

I don't like this and wont be watching since it just doesn't look like its aimed at me.
>Shit lord Nazi, YAS QUEEN SLAY, sexless virgin

Can I had a moderate opinion since none of this shit triggers me like everyone else? I don't think i will like its since its looking like pandering now but I will at least give it a shot.
>>
File: 1288988940326.jpg (157KB, 394x502px) Image search: [Google]
1288988940326.jpg
157KB, 394x502px
>>85044542

Cheers m8, can't wait to read the asspain.
>>
File: Shit Trips Vol 2 cov 1.jpg (323KB, 1280x1763px) Image search: [Google]
Shit Trips Vol 2 cov 1.jpg
323KB, 1280x1763px
>/who/ presents:
DOCTOR WHO: SHIT TRIPS Vol. 2
- The Anthology -

>Are you a true fan of Doctor Who?
>Have you ever written down a sequence of words?

If the answer is yes or no, then you are ready to contribute a literary masterpiece to the second /who/ collection of original Doctor Who-based short fiction.

/who/ did it once. Now, we're gonna do it again! Yet another entry in an age-old tradition of p̶a̶c̶k̶a̶g̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶a̶n̶f̶i̶c̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶g̶e̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶i̶r̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶l̶e̶g̶i̶t̶i̶m̶a̶c̶y̶ / celebrating the magic of Who and the talent of a community.

There are no limits (except the story must be at least 1 word long, and preferably not in excess of 10,000, it's short fiction you fuck).

>- Can involve any Doctor(s), companion(s), side characters, spinoff characters and beyond, as your heart desires
>- Can be in any style, whether it's "legitimate writing", "pisstake", or "shitpost".
>- Can be about absolutely anything
>- The main focus is on good fun in the vein of the wiki, although serious entries are allowed. (If you're going to write smut, maybe approach it with a degree of levity)

Stuck for ideas? Try starting with your favourite TARDIS team (or for timeliness, Whittaker 13th Doctor) and one of these authentic titles:
http://www.saberpunk.net/DoctorWho/DoctorWhoSerialGenerator.php
https://glyphobet.net/drwho

We are going to be starting an index on the wiki for the collection. Anyone can contribute, no signups/pitches required. If you have ideas, feel free to broadcast them.
The rest is self-explanatory. Format for uploading your work is up to you, as long as it can be conveniently copied across (and ideally don't spam long texts in /who/ directly). (Pastebin works well.)

BONUS: Anyone who wants to do cover art or "illustrations" is encouraged.

WE NEED MORE ENTRIES
>>
>>85044618
christ what a fucking joke
>>
>>85044618
How does The Daily Mail even still exist?
>>
>>85044323
The the Scrapyard?
>>
>>85044560
Don't make yourself broke over an actor who didn't even get cast, kids.
>>
>>85044677
Huge amounts of traffic from America
>>
"One day I shall come back, yes I shall come back, as a woman. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine."
>>
>>85044240
GILF Doctor when?
>>
I felt physically sick when it was announced.

Why have they ruined 55 years of tradition just to say they did?
>>
Yorkshire accent or we riot.
>>
It's over Who is finished.
>>
>>85044353

Moffat’s going though, and Chibnall can actually write women
>>
>>85044677
they're the highest selling paper in Britain
>>
>>85044909
Freedom at last.
>>
how long until someone memes rosenthal as a male companion
>>
Hi, Guess What...

They Finally Revealed Who The 13th Doctor Is For Doctor Who After Peter Capaldi's Departure.....and Yes I Am a Doctor Who Fan and Once You Watch The Video and You See The Doctors Next Form It Will Change Everything.....Because This Doctor Is Different Than All The Rest....You Will Know How Much Different Is This Doctor.......and I Will Give You A Hint About What I Am Talking About.....This Kind of Time Lord Regeneration Has Always Been Planed Ever Sense The 4th Doctors Departure Sometime Between The Late-1970s and Early 1980s and Has Always Been Wanted By Doctor Who Fans Like Myself Because After I Watched The Video I Was So Amazing That I Immediately Became A Big Fan of Doctor Who Once Again and as we all now The 13th Doctor Will 1st Appears In the 2017 Doctor Who Christmas Special The Doctors Before Officially Appearing in Full Force in Doctor Who Series 11 Coming Sometime in Ether Fall 2018 or Spring 2019.......Trust Me...It Will Change Everything You Knew About The Doctor Forever.......
Doctor Who 13th Doctor Reveal (Trust Me On This...It Will Change Everything....This Unique Version of The Doctors Regeneration...Trust Me On This...It Will Change Everything We All Knew About The Doctor Forever...)

Nuff Said.
with thanks and hopes up,
From Your Biggest #1 Fan of all time in the history of the history of all of existince,
Shane W.L. Nokes aka James S.K. Plasma aka Dark-Pulse/Darkimus-Primal/Shadow-Force (Evil Dark Pulse)/Darkness-Destroyer (Original Timeline Future Dark-Pulse)/The-Blue-Dark-Pulse (New Timeline Future Dark-Pulse)

The End.....FOR NOW!!!!
>>
>>85044913
Doesn't matter if he can write women, it matters if he can write the Doctor.
>>
>>85044962
Ugh, more like the highest racists. BAKA.
>>
>>85044887
>55 years of extremely weird plots lines where anything can happen
>something weird happen
>"OMG RUINED"

It will be great.
>>
I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE IT
A FUCKING WOMAN
>>
>>85044887
because tradition is a mental illness
>>
>>85044618
She doesn't have dibs on being the first Doctor to appear nude anyway

Just watch Pier Paolo Pasolini's Canterbury Tales, you can see Tom Baker's penis in it.
>>
>>85044323
What if he's actually the Doctor in Pete's world?
>>
>>85044424

A man is showrunner and lead writer
>>
>>85044495
I made about £130 from a £20 bet. Put it on on Friday just as Jodie's name started getting tossed around. Pretty happy, feel sorry for anyone who wasted money on Marshall
>>
>>85045053
Hi tumblr
>>
>>85045044
>>85045053
Aah, have we really entered reddit hours already? I thought we had a few hours of proper discussion left.
>>
>>85044887
>55 years of tradition
I mean a lot of tradition was probably ruined when they beheaded Louis XVI too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl3vxEudif8
>>
Not bothered in the slightest about a woman portraying the doctor

What gets me is half of every episode will be devoted to pointing out The Doctor now has a vagina and how awesome women are instead of just having her do Doctor shit and pimping around time and space.
>>
So, this is going to be part of Whittaker Doctor outfit, right?
>>
>>85044887
>feeling ill over a tv series

whew.
>>
>>85045046
Er, we kinda saw it coming with Michelle Gomez being the new master.
>>
>>85044887
>the tradition meme
The Doctor being male has never been tradition, it's been just a thing that happened, not something that HAS to happen.

Tradition is the Doctor banging his assistant behind the scenes, not a male actor.
>>
I took a nap and somehow I dreamed of the first episode of the chinball era
It was shit, it's over, DW is finished.
>>
>>85045193
>never been tradition, it's been just a thing that happened,
This is your brain on reddit.
>>
File: suit.jpg (40KB, 500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
suit.jpg
40KB, 500x1000px
reminder that I still think something like this should be something 13 should wear, maybe with a little scarf or something
>>
>>85044240
Paul Mcgann is still the cutest Doctor.
>>
Today BBC announce it had chosen who would take on the roll of the main character of its longest running show (possibly the longest running series in the world) Doctor Who.

If you've never seen this show the lead roll only goes by "The Doctor" or "Doctor" they never have an actual character name on the show.

For several seasons through out the 50+ year series the doctor has primarily been a man. Today they announced a woman.

And people are crapping blood on themselves. Some even demand a boycott of BBC.

I am no feminist in any way shape or form. I find feminism a sexist, self victimizing, hateful, brash, and useless movement. I would rather associate myself with an occult than feminism.

On that note I also find it shameful and ridiculous that people are acting like this will change the minds of people at BBC. Second of all what is so wrong with a woman as a lead roll?
>>
File: Sylvester.jpg (108KB, 640x841px) Image search: [Google]
Sylvester.jpg
108KB, 640x841px
Post YFW this is the biggest publicity stunt in human history and she indeed IS the 13th doctor, but she regenerates after a single episode.
>>
>>85045241
>can't refute it
This is your brain when empty
>>
>>85045217
Have dreams ever became real here?
>>
>>85045252
That model is an ugly mess.

That's also a terribly boring costume.
>>
>>85045141
Half of her premiere episode, at best. Most of it will be standard fare and probably better than what we've had under Moffat.
>>
File: 1389242463867.jpg (193KB, 500x674px) Image search: [Google]
1389242463867.jpg
193KB, 500x674px
>Curse of the Fatal Death was right about the 13th Doc being a chick
shit...does this mean Master x Doctor at the end as well?
>>
I just went so liberal that I got 20 downvotes on Reddit within 3 minute.

I consider that a remarkable achievement.
>>
Do you guys think Whittaker hates men too? If so, it going to be easy for her to play the Doctor.
>>
Amidst the shitshow, can someone link to where I can watch classic episodes?
>>
File: 12513561.jpg (32KB, 535x560px) Image search: [Google]
12513561.jpg
32KB, 535x560px
>>85045217
I fucking love this general
>>
File: 1500107912090.jpg (464KB, 846x933px) Image search: [Google]
1500107912090.jpg
464KB, 846x933px
>>85045293
>>
>>85045300
>cant refute it
I can refute it by showing you the definition of tradition.

>1. the transmission of customs or beliefs from generation to generation, or the fact of being passed on in this way.
"members of different castes have by tradition been associated with specific occupations"
synonyms: historical convention, unwritten law, oral history, heritage; More
lore, folklore, old wives' tales
"the Chancellor is, by tradition, allowed to bring alcohol into the House on Budget day"
>2. a long-established custom or belief that has been passed on from one generation to another.
plural noun: traditions
"Japan's unique cultural traditions"
synonyms: custom, practice, convention, ritual, ceremony, observance, wont, routine, way, rule, usage, habit; More
institution, principle, belief;
formalpraxis
"the hunt maintains a centuries-old tradition"
>3. an artistic or literary method or style established by an artist, writer, or movement, and subsequently followed by others.
"visionary works in the tradition of William Blake"
synonyms: style, movement, method
"a poem in the tradition of Horace's ‘Ars Poetica’"

See particularly the third definition.
>>
>>85045290
>lead roll
>roll
stopped reading there
>>
>>85045252
Nice outfit. I definitely agree and also believe that the BBC will go with something like that. They wouldn't throw Jodie in a frilly dress just because she's a woman. It'll be some sort of variation of a suit, probably with a unique twist to it.
>>
Sydney Newman of all people wanted a female, it was bound to happen one day, especially with Missy and all the references
>>
>>85045288
that's a funny way to spell peter capaldi
>>
>>85045316
You wish, her entire arc will be about her vagina making her better than her previous incarnations.
>>
We need to establish a psychic link with Chibnall.
CONTACT!
>>
File: 1493819825631.png (33KB, 453x860px) Image search: [Google]
1493819825631.png
33KB, 453x860px
Even if they never produce another episode it was worth it for all this pissboy butthurt.
>>
>>85045337
Another comedy sketch becoming reality
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1tFbZ5kaY8
>>
Get ready for a ton of men are inferior jokes next season
>>
>>85045150
>Knowing the meaning of "Male Tears"
I for one hope so.
>>
Ever since I first got into the show, I've strongly felt that when it comes to Time Lord Regenerations, gender should be locked. Time Lords stay Time Lords and Time Ladies stay Time Ladies. Gallifreyans have always been a stagnant culture and what better example than them not acknowledging transgenders in their own race?

Yes, in this day and age, gender is becoming more fluid and Western Society is becoming more acceptable to those who declare themselves undeclared (is that the right phrase?) and while I don't judge or even care about that, it doesn't change how I feel about this recent development with the Doctor.

I know people have been pushing for a Female Doctor for decades, but I blame Neil Gamen for this. He had the 11th Doctor mention a Time Lord with both he and she pronouns in one episode and that was the first nail in the coffin for me.

Despite this being a strong issue with me, I didn't get angry when the announcement came. Because I knew it was inevitable. Sooner or later, the BBC was going to be stupid and have the Doctor be a woman. And sure enough, shit happened. It's like when I had to have a root canal, I hated going but canceling wasn't an option so just get the stupid pain over with.

And since the current companion is a guy, that probably means we're STILL going to have the ridiculous Doctor/Companion romantic tension!!
WHICH MAKES THIS WHOLE THING EVEN MORE MORONIC BY 85%!!

The ONE positive point in this slop is that since the Doctor basically has infinite regenerations and has discarded all the past Time Lord rules about rengenerations, it makes more sense that turning into a woman is now an option as opposed to pre-Time-War and stuff. Finding at least one logical point amidst the idiotic helps a little.

So in conclusion, BBC, I hate what you did and hope it bombs so that you will never try it again in my lifetime. But whatever, I'm gonna ignore the show for now.
>>
>>85045364
I had a great link on archive.org with all DW classic, however my HDD died, so I don't have it anymore.
>>
>Doctor regenerates into a gril played by someone who has no objections to going nude on TV
>Goes topless in a scene
>All the SJWs implode because you're supposed to be ashamed of your body and seeing someone topless will irreparably harm the children in ways that the idea of being still concious after death won't
Bring on the Almandine Age of Doctor Who
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 186x368px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 186x368px
>>85045293
>>
>>85045501
d-does it mean precum
>>
>>85045526
Close...
>>
>>85045350
she has a fucking husband
>>
https://twitter.com/BlckBolex/status/886619011999555584
>>
>>85045513
wasn't Matt Smith naked with Eva Green in a movie once
>>
After getting some sleep in a more comfortable place, I came to a better decision. I'm going to remain optimistic and continue watching the show. The show is built on change after all, and to not watch the show just because there is a female doctor now wouldn't be giving her a fair shake. I've read some of the interviews she's done about landing the role, and she seems like a reasonable woman. It's my hope that she isn't going to become a feminist mouthpiece, and I hope that Chibnall writes better ways of talking about that sort of thing than Moffat did. So I am going to watch series 11 with Jodie as the Doctor, and I am going to remain optimistic about her approach to the role. I am very glad that if it was going to be a woman, it wasn't some 19 year old Matt Smith tumblr wannabe. At least this is an older woman with actual acting experience, and for that I'm grateful.
>>
>>85045508
>watching the cis white shitlord version
Ugh, what's wrong with you?
If it helps, this is what I use when I want to point out examples of heteronormative patriarchal hegemony:
https://vk com/page-5742320_26939298
>>
>>85045477
>this much autistic rage to essentially say he's disappointed but will give s11 a chance
>>
>>85045578
He was naked at least once in actual Doctor Who also but nobody cared because he's male.
>>
>>85045399
This is the dumbest misinterpretation of that definition imaginable. Did you even fucking read it? "In the tradition of william blake" = works done in the style and following in the footsteps of william blake. If anything doctor who in the "tradition of its creator Sydney Newman" involves casting a female doctor because thats what newman said should happen
>>
>>85045578
I don't know about that but his dick got leaked in the Fappening, iirc there's quite a few Doctor cocks around
>>
File: wadur.png (51KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
wadur.png
51KB, 657x527px
this shit is really embarrassing
should we just delet the general? we all know its going to be shitty garbage and shes gonna have a paki male companion she hits on regularly
>>
What happens if a Time Lady is pregnant and regenerates into a man?
>>
>>85045064
I quite like this idea to be honest. We don't really know what's gone on with Pete's World's Time Lords, or whatever equivelant they might have.
>>
File: 28220473_p0.jpg (131KB, 709x709px) Image search: [Google]
28220473_p0.jpg
131KB, 709x709px
>>
File: 1y436t3.jpg (624KB, 1490x2235px) Image search: [Google]
1y436t3.jpg
624KB, 1490x2235px
I'm definitely not happy. I know a bunch of people are excited that girls will have their own role model to look up to, but speaking as a female Whovian, I looked up to the male Doctor since I first laid eyes on the show. He was my hero. A change like this feels waaaay too much like a political gamble and from what I've seen, there are a lot people who feel the same why I do. It might not be good for the show's views. I mean, Doctor Who will go on, yes, but definitely not like it was.

And I know, I know, no one will ever be fully happy with every Doctor and I should lighten up so I don't seem "sexist" or whatnot. But I'm going to voice my honest opinion and I can sadly say I saw this coming a mile away and I'm no happier with it than I was at the first few feet of that mile. I swear, if they turn the female Doctor into a "Girl Power" platform...

And it screws with the whole dynamic of the show too. The reason female characters were often the companions is because they think differently than male characters, especially the Doctor. Again, I'm not being sexist, but it's pretty clear that girls think differently than boys. They have different priorities. Now I'm seeing a nightmarish scenario where the guys the Doctor and...her companion are going to be saving are just leering at the pretty blond head. Knowing BBC, they're going to use her sex appeal for at least a few gags.

Just...uuuughhh. I'm seriously considering just...leaving the show here. I keep up to date on it, I still gladly call myself a Whovian, but I haven't been a frequent, on-time watcher since somewhere around Season Eight. I don't know if I'll be able to bring myself to be that again. I am a Whovian, but I'm not that kind of Whovian.
>>
>>85045505
>Gallifreyans have always been a stagnant culture

Wrong, 4th Doctor gives a speech in the Brain of Morbius about how Gallifreyan society is built on progress and constantly evolving/moving forward. Try being an actual fan of the show you're trying to comment on next time.
>>
>>85045477
>sound a lot like Malcolm Tucker
>most lame and generic store brand cussing

At least put some fucking effort into it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUky4_A7Zw4
>>
File: LOOMS.jpg (102KB, 1280x717px) Image search: [Google]
LOOMS.jpg
102KB, 1280x717px
>>85045642
do you know about the looms anon
>>
>>85045570
its ironic
right
RIGHT
>>
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA
>>
File: image.gif (787KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
787KB, 480x360px
>>85045591
Wow.
>>
>>85045569
So? That means nothing.
>>
File: levine.jpg (175KB, 1070x1009px) Image search: [Google]
levine.jpg
175KB, 1070x1009px
Is he legitimately /our guy/?
>>
>>85045621
What if it's good? And why would the doctor have a male companion more than normal?
>>
Tits, my dear. And not a moment too soon.
>>
>>85044438
Joe Rogan
>>
>>85045642
If a female timelord has to regenerate while pregnant, the mother actually dies and passes her regeneration energy on to the fetus, who regenerates into an adult.
>>
When is Big Finish renegotiating their contract? When the fuck can we except Capaldi audio kino?
>>
The apex Moffucking.
>>
>>85045687
I can't say I do.
>>
>>85045659
>>>out tumblrina >>>out
>>
File: joanna_lumley_doctor_who.jpg (34KB, 600x329px) Image search: [Google]
joanna_lumley_doctor_who.jpg
34KB, 600x329px
>>85045293
>regenerates extremely quickly
COFD is the ultimate canon
>>
>>85045757
This isn't moffucking, though.
This is CHINBALLING
>>
>>85045252
this looks fucking retarded
>>
>>85045720
Seriously?
>>
>>85045800
more like WHITTIKEKING
>>
File: Briggs vs. Just Smith.png (447KB, 724x416px) Image search: [Google]
Briggs vs. Just Smith.png
447KB, 724x416px
>>85045725
Briggs needs to force Smith to resort to them by destroying his life first.
>>
>>85045621

> In a rare moment of introspection, Anon realises how embarrassing he is.
>>
>tfw you're just one year away from plugging your earphones and hearing Capaldi's majestic voice on audios
>>
MY OPINION IS SO LIBERAL I GOT 50 DOWNVOTES ON REDDIT !

I M FUCKING FAB !
>>
>>85045707
>autistically screeching on twitter
I mean, I agree with him but come on
>>
more like brigg finish lmao
>>
>all you fucks acting like Whittaker isn't a continuation of the golden age
>>
First time since the Smith era Who's been number 1 trending on YouTube?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-_bSdWEYK8
>>
>>85045710
>What if it's good?
it won't be. Anyone with two brain cells to rub together knows this already
>>
get fucked you cancerous general
>>
>>85045782
Tbh if they were going to have a female Doctor, I'd be okay with Joanna Lumley.

The bawling mother from the cuckfest called Broadchurch? Non!
>>
>>85045888
>the only way to get people to acknowledge doctor who again was an extremely controversial casting choice that raped the dislike bar
kek
>>
>>85045876
>continuation
it's the start
>>
>>85045888
but it's number 3 on the trending list
>>
>>85045364
https://archive.is/7eSsd
>>
File: peper.jpg (68KB, 655x509px) Image search: [Google]
peper.jpg
68KB, 655x509px
>>85045926
>its already begun
the fucked up thing is hes not even wrong. Supporting this shit is as cancerous as it gets im out goodbye forever
>>
I'm writing this comment and tears are dripping from my face.

The doctor has always been a man, a pure master race that defies all forms of life on earth, and now they exchanged him with a filthy underdeveloped monkey creature that gushes blood every month and isn't useful except for fucking or cooking food. What's next? Dr. African Muslim transWHO?

Why ? Why would you do that ??
>>
>>85046010
>https://archive.is/7eSsd
Thanks that was the link I lost.
>>
>>85045938
>raped the dislike bar
>only 1/3 are dislikes
It's an uncomfortable butt-groping at best.
>>
>>85045141
So you are bothered by it
>>
>>85045455
CONTACT MADE.
Oh, uh, hello Anonymous. I was just working on writing an episode of Doctor Who but I got some writer's block just when you sent out that psychic link. Is there anything you want to talk about?
>>
https://youtu.be/Do-wDPoC6GM
>>
Shit Trips Vol 2 entries from anyone?
>>
File: 1267831872367281.jpg (338KB, 4696x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1267831872367281.jpg
338KB, 4696x1000px
>>85044343
>>
>>85046022
>filthy underdeveloped monkey creature
She's not black.
>>
>>85045824
Nah, I want Eccleston.
>>
>>85046022
Because agenda's, PC-ness, you know, the usual tripe.
>>
>>85046022
there is no "next"
The first episode of this season will be the most watched since it rebooted, then ratings will plummet as the girl power crowd weren't the people watching in the first place
Will go on a 50 year break and we will all be dead from ww3 before the next reboot
>>
File: DOriginalbegining.jpg (213KB, 767x768px) Image search: [Google]
DOriginalbegining.jpg
213KB, 767x768px
Have any actual Doctor Who related people commented on this.

I know for a fact Terrance Dicks is fucking pissed off
>>
Who else wants to see Whittaker kicking men in the balls and screaming about how her vagina is magical or some shit? Because thats what Series 11 is going to be about.
>>
>>85046093
Eccleston hates Who with the burning rage of a thousand suns. Don't count on him ever doing anything who-related ever agin.
>>
File: 446042242c131954d4d95bf0d45f2554.jpg (139KB, 788x1000px) Image search: [Google]
446042242c131954d4d95bf0d45f2554.jpg
139KB, 788x1000px
I'd love it if the new Doctor's costume were something really new and different, maybe Leigh Bowery inspired, so they seem really alien
>>
>>85046093
Since Whittaker is friends with Eccleston, maybe she can finally convince him to suck it up and do an audio.
>>
>>85046110
This. The first episode will have the greatest ratings ever, as people tune in to see if they're getting memed or not, after that they'll have worse ratings than Colin.
>>
>>85046138
he was in a video for Moffat's wrap party that we still haven't seen
>>
>>85045193
>Tradition is the Doctor banging his assistant behind the scenes, not a male actor.

Is that a thing?
>>
>>85046133
>kicking men in the balls
That's my fetish and I once masturbated to the time the Rani kneed the Master in the balls.
>>
This is a great opportunity for them to capture a new audience. If her first episodes are really good they could get loads of girlpower fans hooked. This could be the sexchange that saved doctor who
>>
>>85044323

The thing most of these people crowing about how progressive it is to have the first female doctor don't get is that this incarnation is meant to do something completely horrific. Something so bad that even her past incarnations must pay a heavy price for.

By the time the Valeyard regenerates it will make EVERYTHING the master has ever done look like chump change. The 13th doctor is one we are destined to be glad to see the back of. So much for feminism. We know that this is going to happen and the graveyard is not something they've forgotten because they reference it in the teaser by dressing Doctor Bland in grey and with a hood to evoke the Valeyards image.

If you are uneasy about the 13th Doctor then that's because you're meant to be, she is the valeyard after all.
>>
>>85046005
Must be just nationally. Number 3's still higher than I've seen it in years.
>>
>>85046077
>>85044626
>>85044458
You do realize she's being sarcastic, right? /who/ really is autism general.
>>
>>85045337
Jodie and Michelle will never lez it up
>>
>>85046057
Bring back Jack Harkness, it's the only way.
>>
>>85046177
You never heard of the Strictly Come Dancing effect? It definitely is a thing,
>>
>>85046093
You don't really
>>
Anyone else wants to be called "subhuman male scum" by Jodie "MenAreTrash" Whittaker? I cant be the only one?
>>
>>85046240
Literally trading 300,000 fangirls for 12 SJWs.
>>
>>85046307
I do though.
>>
>>85046138

He said recently he loves doctor who and has even done “in character” videos for people, and he sent a video message for Moffat’s wrap party
>>
File: Dark_Horizons.jpg (370KB, 600x911px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Horizons.jpg
370KB, 600x911px
>>85044343
>>85046077
Is this not just a troll account.
>>
OFFICIAL FAN CHANNEL REACTION

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWLrgmOECbw
>>
File: 1497002282473.jpg (8KB, 250x228px) Image search: [Google]
1497002282473.jpg
8KB, 250x228px
daily reminder that celebrating the doctor being a woman isn't sexist but being even vaguely critical about the change is pretty much a call for female genocide :3

>enjoy the next few season whovians, they'll be the last
>>
>>85045707

Since when does /ourguy/ cry on Twitter? This isn't Reddit.
>>
>>85046128
What happened in it?
>>
File: 1482888082373.png (39KB, 150x176px) Image search: [Google]
1482888082373.png
39KB, 150x176px
Wait a minute.

Eccleston = 9 letters
David TENnant TEN = 10
MaTT Smith ; TT = dubs = 11
Peter Capaldi = 12 letters
Jodie Whittaker = ??? 14 letters?

THIS WASN'T SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN
THIS DISRUPTS THE NATURAL ORDER OF REGENERATION
YOU DOOMED US ALL, JODIEEEEEE
>>
>>85046260
If the Valeyard is ever mentioned again it will be in a throwaway line about changing timelines. More likely it will never, ever be acknowledged.
>>
>>85046318
There seems to be a lot of SJWs judging by twitter. And they all seem to love bandwagoning. Like how GOT got popular with people who used to think it was nerdy. This casting could get the ball rolling and it could snowball
>>
>>85046338
then how come he won't do big finish or show up in the show again?
>>
>>85046338
And yet he refused to be in the 50th and generally avoids doing anything who-related ever again.
>>
File: afinalmoffuck.png (134KB, 225x399px) Image search: [Google]
afinalmoffuck.png
134KB, 225x399px
>yfw you bribed the architect first
>>
I thought this wasn't my show anymore after Thin Ice, but this confirms it.
>>
>>85046333
Just wait until he dies and for Big Finish to recast him
>>
>>85046177
>He doesn't know about the Eccle-stones, the Ten-inch, the Smith & Wesson and the Capaldick
>>
ROFL at getting 65 downvotes on Reddit for having liberal opinion. And increasing. Had to delete my posts.
>>
>>85046403
you forget the war doctor.
>>
>>85046371
>next few seasons
>implying this won't be the last season
>>
>>85046357
NU-MALE
>>
>>85046371
Begone cletus. Your kind of has lost.
>>
>>85046371

but anon, accusing the critics of being misogynists worked so well for Ghostbusters!
>>
To every wicked white male cis scumbag filled with gender-phobia in this page

hear my words:

Your age of male patriarchy has ended.pack your offensive gender-phobic privileges, and LEAVE!
>>
ECCLESTON AND WHITTAKER KINO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgsYfRPmNDs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgsYfRPmNDs
>>
>>85046357
>"As a woman..."
>>
>>85046274
Eh, I'm afraid that hasn't really come up, and I imagine there would be scheduling conflicts. He's such a talented and in-demand actor. Perhaps in the next series, but I like to take things one series at a time. There will be a new character whom I think fans of John Barrowman will enjoy. The casting is almost done and I'm torn between three amazing people at the moment, but I am sure it will work out in the end.
>>
Could have been worse, could have been a nigger.
>>
>>85046484

>t. literal child
>>
>>85046450
>had to delete my post
Kill yourself redditor
>>
>>85046520
I wish it was, then it would really get cancelled from lack of ratings.
>>
How will a woman turning up on her own without a man in the past work?
A male doctor can fit in almost anywhere but it's not like they can convert all of victorian england to feminism or something
>>
>>85046482
The difference is Jodie is actually a good actress.
>>
Well I don't watch a lot of show and films, but is everything I wash female-dominated or what ?

Stuff I watched recently :
- Orange is the new black
- Black Mirror
- Doctor Who
- Wonder Woman
- Rogue One
- The Force Awakens
- Disney with my young cousin, only princesses
- Game of Thrones (most important chars are Cersei and Daenerys, female, Arya and sansa, males are less important)
- GLOW
- Twin Peaks
- 13 reason why

90% female for 10% male, relative to importance.

What is happening ? Am I just watching the wrong thing, or female are extremely dominating our pop culture actually ?
>>
>>85044809
13/12
>>
>>85046484
I don't have a problem with women

but Doctor Who writers are literally terrible at writing women, just imagine a Doctor who is consistently written as poorly as companions get written

This is gonna be awful

besides if this doesn't count as pandering I don't know what does
>>
>>85045095
>R-REDDIT
Try again, retard.
>>
>>85046484

>unironically using "cis scumbag" and "gender-phobia"

Holy shit your pathetic.
>>
>>85046240
Has anyone ever actually captured a new audience? Every time I hear that line it ends up with the established fans pissed or leaving and maybe a small handful of new people only around to yell and mock.
>>
>>85046403
There's only one t in Whittaker so it still makes sense anon, don;t worry
>>
Jodie Whittaker is a good actress, right? She could make The Doctor work, right? I don't want this to be the first terrible acting Doctor.
>>
>>85046493
I'd rather have 5 more lady doctors then another guy who ends up not wanting anything to do with the series.
>>
>>85046588
cut historicals

they never done well and always just come down to find the alien messing up human history
>>
>>85046616

>only starts watching because the Doctor is a woman

totally not sexist, silly anons
>>
>>85046601
The future is all female anon.

>>85046548
lol, why would I kill myself for shitposting on reddit ?
But do you even imagine that ? An opinion so liberal it is worthy 65 downvotes within 11 minutes. I'm like the biggest liberal monster ever.
>>
>>85044887
>I felt physically sick when it was announced.
Were you literally shaking? :^)
>>
File: 1424489284684422.jpg (125KB, 1009x1023px) Image search: [Google]
1424489284684422.jpg
125KB, 1009x1023px
>>85046588
History is white washed.

>>85046601
> oh no, there are vaginas on my screen
>>
DOCTOR NO MORE
>>
>>85046588
Name one good historical episode that isn't The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances.
>>
>>85046601
>Game of Thrones (most important chars are Cersei and Daenerys, female, Arya and sansa, males are less important)
Jon Snow is literally being set up to win tho

>Twin Peaks
weak b8
>>
>>85046646
Why not? We've put up with shit episodes for years, might as well have a shit actor too
>>
>>85046318
this
most of the matt smith gen fans were just ooglers who thought he was a qt with le bowtie :3
>>85046414
sjws don't have staying power though
Look at how many left after the "rape" scene in got
>>
>>85046616

I’ve seen quite a few people saying they’ll watch or start watching again now. And I bet most people saying they’ll never watch again carry on watching
>>
>>85046588

>There were no independently wealthy women in Victorian England

Whew lad.
>>
>>85046646
Honestly, yes, she could make the Doctor work, but only with the right writers to back her up.

But let's just face it, you know the writers are going to try to push SOME kind of agenda.
>>
>>85045064
Well it would make sense.
Wasn't the Valeyard suppose to be come from somewhere between the Doctor's 12th and last regeneration?
>10 is actually the 11th Doctor because of War Doctor
>Gets shot by a Dalek and regenerates (technically into 12) while keeping the same face
>Creates the Meta Crisis Doctor
>MCD is said to be angry/violent/aggressive
>>
>>85046588
They'll just ignore it like they ignored 50% of Regency era Britain being non white.
>>
>>85046695
Sure is reddit in here! Why don't you fuck back off to your retarded safe space?
>>
File: 1495644360023.jpg (141KB, 543x405px) Image search: [Google]
1495644360023.jpg
141KB, 543x405px
Post your face when the next Doctor after Jodie is a fat, trans character with differently colored hair every episode.
>>
>>85046713
You know I think that statement has never been truer
>>
So who is the new companion?
>>
File: d01-009.jpg (35KB, 640x362px) Image search: [Google]
d01-009.jpg
35KB, 640x362px
>>85046656
That's why you don't have an alien, my dear boy, hmm?
>>
>>85044323
>he
>>
>>85046779

>implying it wont be cancelled by this time next year

screenshot this, friendo
>>
>>85046779
I have no face because that will never happen
>>
>>85046730
I listed everything I'm watching / have watched within 1 year. That's all. It's called being comprehensive. You know that ?

>>85046712
I'm not against equality. I'm against DOMINANCE. 90% vaginas is dominance. 50% vagina is normal. gtfo now
>>
>>85046792
I hope its a qt twink the doctor takes advantage of
>>
>>85046601
You are aware that Orange is the New Black is based on a book about a women's penitentiary, right? GLOW is also about a real life women's wrestling promotion from the 90's. Disney has always been female-dominated. That was one reason why they bought MARVEL. Are you autistic?
>>
>>85046792
Kirs Marshall
>>
>>85046792
Joe Rogan
>>
>>85045927
>Joanna Lumley

God no, she ruins everything she's in with her sanctimonious narcissism and horrible voice that sounds like she is talking down at everyone because she thinks they are regards, of the lower social orders or both.
>>
>>85046755
But a wealthy woman still wouldn't be expected to do the work of a man, which the doctor would want to do, and she wouldn't be travelling on her own without prior notice
>>
>>85046730
I'll literally cuts my balls off if jon snow ends up king or winning.
>>
>>85046804
The Valeyard is a guy, yes.
>>
>>85046750
>I’ve seen quite a few people saying they’ll watch or start watching again now
they stopped watching because the doctor was still male?.....like he has always been forever?>>85046792
it will be the doctors black muslim lover
3rd episode is the tardis getting jealous over their relationship and leaving them stranded (temporarily)
>>
>>85046646
Are you only worrying about that just cause she's a woman? It's not like they can't act although pol will tell you otherwise
>>
>>85046792
Me, AMA
>>
>>85046448
>He doesn't know about the Clittaker
>>
https://youtu.be/RzWOlMif-Fw

Will she come back now?
>>
>>85046887
What's your dynamic with 13?
>>
File: 1387143855239925.jpg (23KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1387143855239925.jpg
23KB, 320x240px
>>85046826
> I'm against DOMINANCE. 90% vaginas is dominance. 50% vagina is normal.
Nice projection, HomoAnon.
>>
>>85046906
>was here when this meme was founded
>>
>>85046836
I don't care. The fact is that know, AFAICS, woman are taking the whole space in pop culture, in a ratio like 90% female / 10% male;
>>
>Decide to paint doctor who fans as toxic hateful unwelcoming idiot lefties

>Woops they already done it for us

Lol you guys are pariahs in your own community what the fuck is wrong with this fandom
>>
>>85046826
I think you'll find that the majority of protagonists in TV are still men and you just notice the women more because it triggers you. I mean you really have the nerve to cite Wonder Woman, the first female-lead superhero movie in years in a fucking sea of superhero movies?
>>
>>85046792
some dumb white boy that the Doctor is going to lecture about feminism before she tells him hes scum and should kill himself
>>
>>85046656
Could they do a kino pure historical episode nowadays? Would they ever dare?
>>
>all these women excited over a female doctor when they haven't watched the show since the 50th
>>
>>85046886
I was worried about this the minute I learned Capaldi was leaving. I get worried about every new Doctor that gets cast.
>>
>>85047017
>and now will watch it
>>
When does the next series start filming?

When do we get the official reveal of the costume?
>>
File: photo_2017-07-17_00-13-03.jpg (18KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
photo_2017-07-17_00-13-03.jpg
18KB, 600x600px
>new doctor who sonic screwdriver
Oh, and the show is shit btw
>>
HOW LONG TILL WHITTAKER COMES OUT AS A LESBIAN AND SAYS SHE HATES ALL MEN?
>>
>>85046864

Victorian England wasn't Saudi Arabia. If a woman is independently wealthy and/or powerful they get to live as they want and don't have to acknowledge the expectations of others.
>>
>I would suggest that you wait a little before criticizing my new persona. You may well find it isn't quite as disagreeable as you think. Whatever else happens... I AM the Doctor, whether you like it or not
>>
>>85046880

Probably stopped watching because they lost interest for various reasons. A female doctor and new showrunner is more than enough to get people interested
>>
>>85046956
Orange is the new black is mostly female-lead.
The most important leads in GoT are females.
The current most important lead in DW is female.
Black Mirror has a lot of female lead.
Wonder Woman is only female.
The force awakens has most important lead female.
Disney, the only one have watched are only female lead.
Game of Thrones has 2 most important lead female, and 2nd lead are quite 50/50
GLOW has most important lead female
13 reason why revolves around female chars

And that's absolutely everything I've watched those last 2 years; I've watched nothing else.

I'm not being triggered. Either I'm watching the wrong shows, either most pop culture has female lead now.
>>
File: 1399312864481079.jpg (45KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1399312864481079.jpg
45KB, 480x360px
>>85046943
And what, pray tell, is that ratio for the entire history of pop culture?
>>
>>85046413

Then why dress up the 13th doctor to look like the valeyard? Why try to evoke memories of something when you're trying to get people to forget it?
>>
>>85047088
#NotMyDoctor
>>
>>85047063
IIRC September

I don't know if she's already shot her small scene at the end of the Christmas special yet or not
>>
File: JUST.jpg (55KB, 778x236px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
55KB, 778x236px
>>
>>85046923
From what I've heard so far, I'm more of her guide and straightman. This Doctor is back to being quirky and loony and all of that will be related to how he's getting used to being a woman.
I play an average guy that has a night job as a crossdresser in a bar, so I can understand the whole "man in woman's body" thing that they're going for. I help her pick up her costume in the first episode after she struggles with skirts and high-heels.

Right now I'm preparing for the trans sex scene where I dressed as a woman get pegged by her dressed as a man in the episode with the sex-pollen. It's mostly anal stretches. But Chibnall thinks it'll make for a great finale.
>>
>>85046662
I only started watching because the Doctor was gonna be Capaldi. What does that make me?
>>
>>85046985
I think they'd have to set it up so the Doctor thinks an alien is behind everything, but turns out it's just humans being assholes and doing fucked up things to each other. Then again, Chibbers clearly is up for taking risks so maybe we will see the return of pure comfykino like The Romans.
>>
I don't care about the doctor being female, I just don't want the next series to be 'muh diversity and progressiveness and btw bill is gay' every episode
>>
>>85047162
Уёбывaй нa двaчь, pycня
>>
>>85047083
she is literally married to a man
>>
>>85047162
>comparing a couple hours to a couple years
>>
>>85047125
Well the point is we're trying to make things change.

But if we only release female-lead from now on, we're being biased.

We're trying to have equality from now on. Not reverse dominance to avenge the past.

Your opinion seems to be garbage though
>>
>>85047023
Fair enough, don't they cast by personally asking people if they want the role so I should think they know enough about the people applying to always choose good actors to apply
>>
>>85047087
How exactly could that work on the show? Will the Doctor tell people she is Queen Victoria?
>>
>>85047209
A sand monkey
>>
>>85047087
yeah sure, but how many times are they gonna be able to have the Doctor flash the magic paper or whatever, then the civilian is like omg ok your important and I have to listen to you but I'm also still shocked and outraged that your a woman, before it gets old

because while women with power isn't strange in history, it isn't something casual either
>>
File: conan.jpg (50KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
conan.jpg
50KB, 400x600px
>>85047112
You have a problem with women, Anonymous?

Perhaps you'd prefer something a little more masculine.
>>
when the Doctor regenerates she’s gonna be wearing Capaldi’s clothes & they’re gonna be so big on her and she’s gonna look so cute
>>
File: 46517665.png (204KB, 415x280px) Image search: [Google]
46517665.png
204KB, 415x280px
>>85047162
>>
File: 1384138745791.jpg (37KB, 500x352px) Image search: [Google]
1384138745791.jpg
37KB, 500x352px
>>85044457
Nah, they've been setting this up for years.

Literally, they did it to the Master, and there was the old white bald male Time Lord in Hell Bent who got shot and on-screen regenerated into a black woman.

I'm not the happiest but there's no rule. If you didn't see this coming from a mile away, you're an idiot.
>>
>>85047209
CURRIED
>>
>>85047162
hey Pavel why can't your people speak a normal language?
>>
>we need to save the universe again
>hold on, I just need to put my makeup on

Women are passive and don't do stuff, stupid fucking choice
>>
>>85047209
>the next doctor's a sand burner

Kek
>>
File: jodie.jpg (238KB, 1517x2047px) Image search: [Google]
jodie.jpg
238KB, 1517x2047px
>>85044354
>>
>>85047209
So? That doesnt mean she doesnt hate men mate.
>>
>>85047139
They put her in a hoodie and jacket because that's what Capaldi wears. Also so she could take down the hoodie and do a dramatic reveal. It's definitely not "trying to evoke memories" because 90% of people who watch Doctor Who have never seen a single Colin Baker episode, let alone know who the hell the Valeyard is.
>>
File: 1482620619145883.jpg (114KB, 634x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1482620619145883.jpg
114KB, 634x1024px
>>85047226
But we're not close to equality. Why did you avoid my question? See >>85047125
>>
First of all
>>85047204
frank offerino, yёбa

secondly,
>>85047218
i'm talking about like/dislike ratio mostly
>>
>>85047112
If you have a problem with female domination why are you watching orange is the new black?
>>
>1907 - woman can't be a doctor
>2017 - woman can't be a Doctor
>>
>>85047260
>>85047286
>>85047296
He's Spanish
>>
>>85047088
>I AM the Doctor, whether you like it or not
This is the attitude I hate. Please don't let this be real.
>>
File: a_better_conclusion.jpg (518KB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
a_better_conclusion.jpg
518KB, 1920x1090px
What will they do with the Master?
>>
>>85047276
this has been worked on this it first happened in the 2000 joke episode

this has been in the works since Moff first wrote Matt Smith making off handed jokes Timelord transexuality
>>
>>85047242
>>85047087
Also this will change the dynamic massively if the doctor is a powerful noble or rich person instead of a professional of some kind
>>
>>85047397
That's a quote from Six not Thirteen.
>>
>>85047112

>Stretching reality to fit my agenda:the post

Are you this retarded when you're offline as well?
>>
>>85047260
>>85047286
>>85047296
He's Hispanic you dumb idiots
>>
>>85047329
Wow, you're right.
>>85047397
>>
File: what.png (237KB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
what.png
237KB, 500x370px
>>85047107
>the appeal of a vagina is going to create a lasting fanbase
its a fucking gimmick
Itll get alot of interest for maybe the first two POSSIBLY three episodes before they go
>welp, another glass ceiling shattered! now i can go back to watching PLL and supernatural!
girls don't like sci-fi, and the inclusion of a woman doesn't change that
>i.e. alien
Now, if the change alot of the core of the show and make it far more character and emotion driven we can talk but then its not even doctor who anymore beyond the name
>>
>>85047415
The show will be cancelled before he has a chance to appear.
>>
>>85047266
So now saying 90% woman is bad is being sexist ?

But saying 90% male is bad is being for equality ?

What the fuck is that retarded world we live in. People should really blow their heads up.

>>85047337
In the shows I've listed, that is a sample from the last 2 years, we've pushed far beyond equality, we're at 90% female. So I repeat myself, either I watch the fucking wrong shows, either now everything is female and there is a fucking issue.

>>85047370
Well literally I watch what people around me are watching. You know, to discuss it. And I've not found much other things anyway.
>>
>>85047182

Seeing that they completely wasted his potential ... dissapointed?
>>
>>85047231
I hope Jodie Whitaker (Is there really only one t?) has a great first season since the other two seasons would probably get shitted on much like Capaldi's and Smith's by /who/.

How come it seems like 9, 11, and 12 had their best seasons as their first seasons as The Doctor?
>>
>>85047500
>>85047500
>>85047500
>>
New thread, apparently:

>>85047500
>>85047500
>>85047500
>>
File: CMfpZ5x.gif (993KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
CMfpZ5x.gif
993KB, 250x250px
>>85044240
Exactly what the show needs. Not great fresh storytelling, interesting characters, threatening villains, but a gender. That's what makes Doctor Who great.
>>
>>85047458
You're being an ass. I'm not stecthing reality, I'm making the list of what I watched and I'm saying there might be some issue.
>>
Listening to Blood of the Daleks right now.
>Red Rocket Rising
Fucking lol
>>
Doctor Who being a woman is ridiculous. This is Ghostbusters all over again, dismissing that young boys need role models, and arrogantly asserting that these role models should be women and that men can not be role models.

This gender bending trend is sexist, as all that ever happens is turning male parts into female parts -
Why is there no reboot of Steel Magnolias with an all male cast - or why did they not change the gender of Mary Poppins to a male or Jane Austin, or Little women - Seriously hypocritical feminist bullshit. There is no equality, otherwise we would have seen Female characters turned into men, but this does not happen, its always the other way round.
>>
>>85047550
>Is there really only one t?
no
>>
>>85044343
but it's not that women are involved in these franchises, or even starring in them in place of traditionally-male roles.... it's the whole in-your-face NYAH NYAH NYAH / BUH BYE "us vs you" shit that really turns people off to it. it's not actually the women starring in these, it's the agenda that comes with it.

i knew this was happening when i watched the season finale... it just hit me like "oh fuck they're gonna do this" and not because i'm inherently against a female doctor (as those ppl kind of amuse me too, even tho i do get where they're coming from of course) as much as i'm worried that stunt-casting like this to try and recover ratings that moffat's reign of terror lost = it could ultimately backfire even worse and maybe even put the show in jeopardy going forward.

and even if this show sucks.... man it's like when i went to one of the last mets games at shea stadium and a mets fan asked me what i thought of shea and i was struggling to be diplomatic like "uhhhh it certainly is rustic, hearkening to a bygone "spage-age" era from the 60s in its design" and the guy cut me off to be like "NO IT'S A DUMP, BUT IT'S *OUR* DUMP AND DON'T YOU FUCKING EVER FORGET THAT!!!!!!"

in that sense, doctor who is my dump and as such i'm worried about this coming at such a crucial time for the show.... if it works good on them, if it doesnt.... man, couldn't they have done kris marshall for a year or two (reminding us that anything can happen with an early regen) get the writing going better, strengthen the show, THEN do something incredibly polarizing that could backfire and kill the show.

ah well what do i know? the curse of fatal death is finally here!
>>
File: 1328748747932586.jpg (128KB, 642x912px) Image search: [Google]
1328748747932586.jpg
128KB, 642x912px
>>85047524
>In the shows I've listed, that is a sample from the last 2 years, we've pushed far beyond equality, we're at 90% female.
That doesn't answer the question. Keep projecting, homoAnon.
>>
File: kek.jpg (23KB, 650x583px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
23KB, 650x583px
>>85047209
>a fucking racemixer on top of everything
just fucking end the UK already, its fucking over. everything in your culture has been co-opted and bastardized by cunts and brown people
>>
I hate blondes, can't wank to this. Wish she was brunette or redhead.
>>
File: neck.png (151KB, 248x308px) Image search: [Google]
neck.png
151KB, 248x308px
anybody else notice she has a really thick neck?
it's almost the same width as her head
>>
>>85047265

How many times do you think they'll be going to Victorian England?

Are you forgetting that they had an independently wealthy woman recently in Victorian England Who episodes and she was a freaking lizard with a deformed dome headed butler?
>>
Tired of these weak /pol/ memes. Who cares if her husband is Spanish
>>
>>85047586
Why can't it have gender and the other things, we are getting a new showrunner remember so if he does a good job we will get a good series.
>>
File: 1466286192628.jpg (50KB, 600x496px) Image search: [Google]
1466286192628.jpg
50KB, 600x496px
>>85046640
>"There's only one t in Whittaker"
>still uses two Ts
>>
>>85044323
of course not; hell i'd be surprised if we ever get any little disposable line like "i was on trial once before" that even references the whole "trial of a time lord" meta-crisis.

hell, even under JNT that's how dr who used to deal with slipping ratings and ppl bitching.... do a whole series in meta "the show is on trial" format.... now? well i guess you had the refugee zygon 2-parter so there ya go. can't wait for new doc13 to take on some trump-type in s13 (cuz i'd bet most of s12 was written b4 trump was elected)

hope i'm wrong tho... on the surface i definitely don't mind the doctor being a woman, it's just in today's social climate.... holy fuck is this gonna be extra annoying. maybe i should go do that "doctor why" web-video series/thing i had envisioned doing years back (where my tardis = porta-potty. turds and relative diaherrea intimate space =)
>>
Moffat and Chiball two straight white males write in pandering SJW level shit, but RTD and Gatiss two gay boys write based almost conservative shit.
>>
So I get it. Literally 90% of current pop culture is female leads, but that is normal for male are opression, but female are not.
And that is progress.
That is just reverse-past-issues.
>>
NOOOO YOU DESTROYED MY CHILDHOOD YOU BASTARDS.

HOW CAN THEY DO THIS TO DOCTOR WHO? IT SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (44KB, 770x770px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
44KB, 770x770px
The new Doctor is a literal coalburner
>>
>>85046493
god damn she is hot
>>
>>85047909
Coalburner means black you fucking halfwit
>>
>>85047792
>Why can't it have gender and the other things
Because that's simply not what's important anon.
>>
>>85046493
Why is it Antigone but they're wearing like 60s clothing?
>>
>>85047862
>And that is progress.

see that's just the thing.... no, really, it's not. it just means there's more women on TV, in this case starring as doctor who. yeah it's a nice feelgood concept/gesture, but at the end of the day what does that do for [the plight of?] women worldwide? give little girls all around the world more incentive to go out and spend money on officially licensed merch because they've got a proper role model / hero / archetype to look up to now?

it's like that old chris rock OJ bit where he talked about how after the not-guilty verdict black ppl in the USA were like WE WON!!! WE WON!!!! and he asked what did they win? he's been sitting by his mailbox everyday but he hasn't got his OJ prize in the mail yet. same idea here.
>>
>>85047977
Anything non white is a coalburner. retard.
>>
>>85047909
so hey since chibnall obviously wanted to stick with an actor/actress he know as the lead for his new show, does this broadchurch-alum hire mean that there's a greater chance of that whole "tennant as the new master" deal?
>>
>>85048077
"No."
>>
>>85048044
And little boys have no more models so they can cry in a corner ?
Dominance is never justified. 50% / 50% is enough for each to have enough.
>>
Does anyone else think RTD and Moffat combined would make a good doctor who series. I mean RTD writes great side characters and relationships and would give the show the campy feeling that made it popular, while Moffat plays with interesting sci-fi and story concepts and I think wrote the doctor better than RTD. I think it would work as long as RTD could restrain Moffat from doing his ridiculous arc plots.
>>
>>85048221
>s long as RTD could restrain Moffat from doing his ridiculous arc plots
This would be the most important thing. The place where Moffat always falls flat is when he makes these retarded plot arcs. Every good thing he's done has been a one off.
>>
>>85047841
>RTD and Gatiss two gay boys write based almost conservative shit.

gatiss is gay? is this legit or just a general joke?

anyways, yeah, it's cuz they didnt have to virtue signal.... they're actually LGBTQWTFBBQ and all that, so it's not like they had to prove their "ally cred" like, say, moffat and pals.

honestly i gotta stick with my brother and say that i really miss the RTD era. it turns out that moffat-era has almost no rewatchability for me, and of course that hearkens the whole thing lawrence miles talked about where moffat ALWAYS had to dangle a carrot in front of you from episode to episode [how will the doctor avoid certain death @ lake silencio? what's in the pandorica? who is river song? trenzalore? etc] cuz it's like he almost knew he couldnt hook people on the strength of each individual story alone.

and of course RTD had his carrots/buzzwords/gimmicks (bad wolf, torchwood, saxon, missing planets, "he will knock three times") but it never really felt like those were pushed in your face as THE ULTIMATE MYSTERY that you had to tune in each week to ultimately unravel... hell, doc9 literally noticed the bad wolf stuff near the end of s1 and shrugged it off like "prolly means nothing" -- that kind of stuff got to be the overall most important part/s of the story during the moffat reign.
>>
>>85044360
Heil Hitler Planned Parenthood?
>>
>>85048177
see? even in your reply here there's a pejorative bit about *little* boys going off to cry in a corner.... the whole pedantic part of this "victory lap" illuminates exactly what i was saying is the "oh fuck" element of casting a female doctor.

honestly, i wish a female doctor coulda been cast without all of the "TOLD YA SO!" / "IN YOUR FACE [something pedantic] BOY!!!!" stuff that comes with it, cuz one way or another a female doctor is gonna be unfairly praised & slagged off based on her gender, and ideally i wish a female doctor could stand on her own without all of the sociopolitical hoopla coming along with it.

however, my best guess = this is exactly what the BBC wanted.... like tomorrow morning piers morgan and friends will definitely bring this female doctor topic up and talk it over on the couch, and there's gonna be a LOT more headlines + media coverage as opposed to doc13 being another [white] male....

so in lieu of sagging ratings they're gonna get a buzz about this that they wouldn't have gotten any other way (except maybe an overtly gay/trans+minority doctor) so i can't help but feel cynical about this like like it's almost more of a desperation move to try and make doctor who "hip and now" type relevant than a "sign of the times" / "it's about time" deal. ideally dr who kinda transcends, but welp, like trent reznor b4 us i guess now we're down in it (SHUTUP!!!!!)
>>
>>85048039
have you never ever seen a play in your life? classics are frequently restaged in the styles of other eras.
>>
>>85048831
I only saw a couple of the school plays in high school so no I haven't.
>>
>>85044323
she*
>>
I can't begin to express how sad and angry I am about this change. These arseholes think they can just shit all over Doctor Who, all over Hartnell, Troughton, Pertwee and Baker's legacies, to get points for being "hip and relevant" and for pandering to SJW internet warrior scum. Doctor Who should be a niche "weird" show not some mainstream crap. There is no need for this. Now we get these FEMINAZIS coming on here like "OH YEAH TAKE THAT PATRIARCHY" even though there really isn't a "patriarchy" anymore.

I actually wept when I saw this reveal, that's how sad it made me feel. The fact that they would rely on such a desperate tactic like this is truly telling of the state of this show now. It is truly the second death of Doctor Who.
>>
>>85049206
Imagine crying because of a children's time travel show
>>
>>85049206
>These arseholes think they can just shit all over Doctor Who, all over Hartnell, Troughton, Pertwee and Baker's legacies

even tho i'm not one for the female doctor change, i still don't think those legacies are ruined or even affected by this. it's not like the past has actually been changed (even if they end up going to retcon some stuff in s13/beyond) mainly because i tend to look back on their legacies as doctors, not men.

honestly it's not really a big earth-shattering thing that there's a woman doctor, it's just the current social climate that this is going down in.... people are gonna rally behind this one way or another and try to use it to make broader/bigger-picture points--- and even tho i dont wanna be one of those "kids show" people--- at the end of the day this is just a tv show, you know? feminists havent "won" anything just as much as i haven't "lost" anything via this casting.

that said, the seeming-precedent of using doctor who as a "vehicle of social progress/change" like casting a female doctor is some profound message/sign or something? that's what worries me more than anything else going forward; i think part of the reason it's been around on TV for most of the last 50+ years = it was pure escapism from the headlines & issues of the day.... now it's literally a headline AND issue of the day!
>>
>>85049397

And what is wrong with that exactly?

Some people actually grew up with Classic Who you know. Some people actually really love Doctor Who and aren't cynical assholes.
>>
File: the beast.jpg (25KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
the beast.jpg
25KB, 620x413px
>>85049513
>Some people actually really love Doctor Who and aren't cynical assholes.
"hey i did the best i could! can't get em all, you know?"
>>
>>85049488
Exactly Doctor Who was always about escapism and going to some far off planet and finding weird monsters and mysteries in time and space. The best episodes are the ones that are true to this. Now they're making it into something it was never meant to be - a feminist's wet dream, another weapon for them to use against the fictional patriarchy, and beat everyone over the head with. Another propaganda tool.
>>
>>85049513
waaa the doctor has a fanny now waaaa. Get over yourself. Hope you never complain about SJWs being too sensitive because you are literally that sensitive. Who the fuck cares if some SJW says "take that patriarchy"?
>>
>>85049708
I do because SJWs are cunts who don't live in the real world and live on the internet and think the whole universe revolves around them and their "issues".
>>
>>85049805
>SJWs are cunts who don't live in the real world and live on the internet and [want] the whole universe [to] revolve around them and their "issues".

FTFY
Thread posts: 363
Thread images: 59

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.