[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any reason why Wonder Woman did so well? This was a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

Is there any reason why Wonder Woman did so well? This was a movie that practically had 'bad' written all over it from its predecessors.
>>
How did DC do it this time around? The only film thus far I can stomach is "Man of Steel," and even that has a bit iffy for my taste. BvS was a travesty that nearly killed the brand, and "Suicide Squad" put the nail in the coffin for me. But it seems like there's something special about "Wonder Woman."

I'm gonna watch it eventually, but in the mean time tell me what about this film changes up established conventions from the last?
>>
>>85042359
because the internet is an echo chamber of MCucks, normies couldn't give a shit less and don't know the difference for the most part.
>>
File: 1415187744942.jpg (45KB, 600x622px) Image search: [Google]
1415187744942.jpg
45KB, 600x622px
>>85042359
I guess a finally another major film set during the First World War?
>>
>>85042359
What struck me about is they managed to do a female hero in a way that would make everyone happy, in a superficial way.

There were a lot of women in the audience when I went and all of them responded positively.
>>
>>85042359
it beat expectations of quality by being a decent capeshit flick.

and although /tv/ hates to think about it, it appealed to everyone who wanted to see a female superhero lead. thus the box office success.
>>
>>85042553
>I'm gonna watch it eventually, but in the mean time tell me what about this film changes up established conventions from the last?
Fundamentally understands the character and conflict is built from a believable place.
>>
It's a bad movie, but filled with cliches that don't even make sense in the story that appeal to the lowest common denominator
>>
>>85044325
Do you guys even listen to yourselves anymore?
>>
>>85042359
They made it a period piece set in WWI. That was the secret of it's success. That alone makes it more interesting and unique than every other capeshit offering this year.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.