[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck happened in the second part of this film? What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Safe_ver1.jpg (34KB, 220x327px) Image search: [Google]
Safe_ver1.jpg
34KB, 220x327px
What the fuck happened in the second part of this film? What was the point of the character on the poster? We see him walking couple of times in a weird manner, but I don't get it. Also what did the ending imply? All she had to do was to love herself?
I really liked this film because of the great camera work though.
>>
literally just ordered the Criterion DVD of this yesterday because I couldn't find a torrent in decent quality. here's a bump.
>>
There must be someone else who has seen this film recently. It's not an underground snuff film.
>>85042506
Thanks.
>>
>>85042231

I thought the ending was that she loved herself far too much, to the point of isolation and obsession. like narrsisia getting stuck looking in the mirror forever etc.

it felt to me like an attack on a generation that would sacrifice everything (ie their progeneys future) for their own selfish and ultimately futile ends.
>>
>>85042895
Interesting interpretation, I'll keep it in mind when I watch this film again. The ending just felt so abrupt that I'm still confused about the second part of the film, especially about the guy on the poster. Why is that character so significant that he is on the poster of this film?
>>
>>85042231
Movie was absolute boring garbage.
>>
>>85043338
`So surprised to see this film discussed here, I just caught it myself a few months ago.

I see the random guy on the poster to be the most extreme version of Julianne Moore's character. This is someone who has removed all their humanity and dignity, and she is setting herself up on that path.

But even when she was "normal" was she also just living life based on what other people told her to do?
>>
>>85042231
>All she had to do was to love herself?

That was just the New Age clinic's BS. The movie is mostly allegorical. Think about how whenever someone is dissatisfied with modern life, and develop health problems from it, 90% of the response is "just love yourself! Be confident! etc." There's obviously something not right with the Julianne Moore character's life despite her disease, and the disease is just a metaphor for that.
>>
>>85045407
>>85045052
Yeah, it seemed like Moore's character was just joining every group she could because she was so desperate for salvation and none could help her. She just became more and more unstable and that final scene actually did creep me out, i.e., the coldness and lifelessness of it all. So there is no happy ending for her, I guess.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.