[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will DW become feminist bullshit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 410
Thread images: 39

File: jodie_doctor_who.jpg (200KB, 825x464px) Image search: [Google]
jodie_doctor_who.jpg
200KB, 825x464px
Will DW become feminist bullshit?
>>
>>85032104

it has been for a long time

explains why tumblr loves this show so much
>>
>>85032104
It's been shit since Russell T Davies left.
>>
>>85032104
>become
>>
>>85032237
It's always been shit you autistic manchild
>>
>become
>>
>>85032104
Doctor Who is one of the few popular TV shows with a large majority of female fans. Supernatural is another one. Putting a female lead to anchor the show and supporting her with a bishie male companion that serves as bait for lewd fantasies is a winning formula all around. Hell, tumblr is blowing up about a new gay woman companion to make a lesbian relationship.
I think I'll pick this show back up again when Moffat leaves, out of hope that it can recapture its former glory.
>>
>>85032104
That's honestly my only fear. I don't want to watch a whole season of male aliens saying dumb shit like, "on my planet women obey men."
>>
No but it will become wankino
>>
File: 1474087447856.gif (426KB, 285x190px) Image search: [Google]
1474087447856.gif
426KB, 285x190px
>>85032104
>13th Doctor

wait a minute, thought time lords have 12 regenerations, or did that get retconned
>>
>>85032568
this is actually the doctor's 14th incarnation, didn't you know?
>>
>>85032104
>go back in time

>half of Britan is black indian and africian

>they're all Lords and Ladies

>all the women are sassy feminist icons who don't let no man tell them what to do

The show is literally propaganda you stupid fuck, they're trying to rewrite history to trick all the hicks living in England into believing that their have always been muslims throwing acid at them
>>
>>85032104
>genderbending is now feminist

I expected nothing less of /v/
>>
>>85032568
in one of the xmas specials the time lords donated the energy to the doctor or something
>>
>>85032104
Why isn't she a black female? Are white feminists racist? We keep hearing that white males are dominating the media. But in "whites males", there is "male" and there is "white". If we want diversity, then why keep the white part?? That's where you catch the hypocrisy of the white feminist movement.
>>
>>85032104
Don't act like this is a new thing that they pulled out of their asses, guys. Time Lords can change gender between regens, it was flatout stated in the episode "The Doctors Wife"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWrjt8cknKo

inb4 nuWho doesn't count
>>
>>85032733
It's a meme you dip.
I can't imagine anyone is actually mad about this.
>>
>>85032652
>implying there was bo agenda behind this
>>
>>85032767
check facebook and twitter. lots of dumbasses losing their shit over it.
>>
>>85032104
i really liked her in broadchurch. would be pretty hype for this if i was into terrible shit like doctor who
>>
>>85032637
what are you on, all the black people in that lake ep were hobos and when bill tagged alongside the doctor to one of the important people he assumed she was his slave. That's pretty accurate.
>>
>4 butthurt alt-right threads at once

And you guys say the left are the crybaby snowflakes.
>>
>>85032798
>check facebook and twitter
God no. Why would I ever.
>>
>>85032365
Moffatt isn't doing the girl doctor season
>>
>>85032253
>>85032295
I came her to post this. The sad part is that if they did this back in 2011 it would have been fine, since it was a running joke in the show, but now with the way things are going it's just turbo pandering.
>>
I like Moffat but I'm just glad he's gone, imagine her being written by Moffat, quips galore. She'd be another River/Tasha Lem/Missy

I know Chibnall's doctor who episodes aren't amazing, but he did mostly good stuff with Broadchurch and Jodie's a fantastic actress, I think it'll be good.
>>
SHE'S A WHITE FEMALE
>>
>>85032104
>"Whittaker, 35, said it was "overwhelming, as a feminist" to become the next Doctor. "

what do you think?
>>
Doctor Who fandom killed the show. Those people are fucking cancer.

A female doctor would be fine if the show did have a bunch of autists for a fanbase.
>>
It went to shit since Ecclestone left and Moffat took over
>>
>>85032950

7. What do you want to tell the fans?
I want to tell the fans not to be scared by my gender. Because this is a really exciting time, and Doctor Who represents everything that’s exciting about change. The fans have lived through so many changes, and this is only a new, different one, not a fearful one.
>>
Remember when Doctor Who was about an alien scientist stopping the monster of the week from conquering Earth/The Universe using technical knowhow and sharp wits?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
>>
File: ULQsY6A_d.jpg (33KB, 500x478px) Image search: [Google]
ULQsY6A_d.jpg
33KB, 500x478px
>>85032777
>MUH AGENDA REEEEE #NOTMYDOCTOR!!!
>>
>>85032830
And they heavy-handidly taught us a lesson by having the Doctor punch him.

I'm not about to stop watching the show over it, but it's pretty in your face about shit like this.
>>
>>85032568
It's been established that more regenerations can happen since the classic era.
>>
>>85032637
>they're trying to rewrite history
You mean like how they tell us that there as a giant alien living beneath the thames that was the real reason for the little ice age? My god, we really need to be vigilant with this subtle rewriting of history going on!

Pro-tip: None of the Doctor Who writers treat the show's earth history as our history and unless they're braindead the average viewer(even kids) doesn't take it to be factual history, because it's fucking filled with aliens in every nook and cranny.
>>
>>85032104
>they made the doctor transgender
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>85032950
Actors gonna actor and feed interviewers good lines.
>>
>>85032104
Everything on the Big Black Cock network is propaganda. Dr Who has always been about rewriting history to make it SJW friendly.

I'm expecting some transgender bathroom jokes as soon as Nurse Who kicks off.
>>
>>85032104
>become
kek. it's so feminist already a female doctor barely makes a difference. just goes to show the people getting worked up over it haven't been watching, or don't understand politics unless they're literally beaten over the head with it
>>
never thought there'd be a day where i had to drop Dr. Who.

Goddamnit
>>
>>85032909
>I came on her

Anon, the Doctor is not for sexual.
>>
>>85033182
Same. I liked that show.
>>
>>85033182
See you next series
>>
File: Jodie-Whittaker-25.jpg (64KB, 936x1125px) Image search: [Google]
Jodie-Whittaker-25.jpg
64KB, 936x1125px
>>85033210
Now she is.
>>
Don't they dub this in Germany?

Is she going to be 'die Doktorin' there?
>>
>>85033280
WHat a footslut !
>>
IT'S HER TIME
ALL CHARACTERS MUST NOW BE WOMYXN

REEEEEEE
>>
>>85033280
My body is ready.tiff
>>
>>85032104
Jesus Christ she is ugly.

Anyways Wtf is DW?
>>
>>85033280
The Doctor is cute.
>>
>>85032104
in the trumpian era we needed a new time lord and now we have one and it's just...

YES
>>
>>85032104
I've got some newsflash for you you fucking white male: modern western society as a whole is what you would call "feminist bullshit". Media only reflects it. You won't escape it so maybe, just maybe try to entertain the oh-so-painful prospect of having basic respect and decency to people regardless of gender or race, and not being a huge hateful douche. I know it's so unbearable but I'm sure you can do it, champ.
>>
>>85033182

I'm glad I dropped the show years ago
>>
>>85032104
It'll make the blast three seasons look like a Stepford Wife training video.
>>
Fangirls have gotten to schlick over several doctors now. Don't ruin the hot doctorette for me by making this about social justice.
>>
Why do they have to pick people who are so fucking ugly?

Literally everyone in this serious looks and is dressed hideous. I don't want to see these Chernobyl looking cunts for more than a second, get them off TV for fucks sake.
>>
>>85033555
Best angle. Say she's the best doctor because now we can masturbate to her nudes.

Ruin this for them.
>>
File: 2b lewd.jpg (79KB, 720x569px) Image search: [Google]
2b lewd.jpg
79KB, 720x569px
>>85032104

>Will DW become feminist bullshit?

It doesn't matter, because shes going to get lewded to hell and back. There is going to be art of her getting gangbanged by Cyberman and Daleks. They're going to make videogames. Her in-game model will be ported to SFM and then we'll get her getting railed by dogs. We'll get her in the middle of a circle jerk by past doctors.

They have no idea what they've done.
>>
>>85032237
Would agree with you here
>>
>>85033652
British TV.

Also fuck you, it pushes my 'housewife next door' button.
>>
>>85033662
not your army
>>
>>85032568
I think that's kinda meant to be an artificial limit put in place by the time lords to prevent immortality, but we've seen the master exceed it previously, just became a weird skeleton thing for a bit, they didn't explain the donation thing very well
>>
>>85032568

In The Time of the Doctor, the Time Lords give the Doctor a totally new set of regenerations so that he can save them.
>>
>>85033034
>someone greentexting >MUH AGENDA ALTRITE SNOWFLAKE BABBIES while posting a facebook "when u" nonsensical cat meme
>>
>>85033980
I didn't get it on FB, calm down. But if it makes you upset, then sure. I did.
>>
Welp, Doctor Who is gonna be all about gender now I guess.

>The nurse is in, the doctor will be here soon?
>when?
> Next regeneration LOL

>oh hey I used to get paid a lot more for this..
WAGE GAP LOL

>ugh.. do this one without me... I have cramps
PMS LOL
>>
Well I guess we'll see. I can give her a chance.
>>
>>85032365
>I think I'll pick this show back up again when Moffat leaves
I got some bad news for you buddy.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170716-203118.png (287KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170716-203118.png
287KB, 1080x1920px
>>
>>85034186
I'll take that bet.

My guess is they're going to go balls to the wall to make her FIERCE. There are male predecessors she needs to be more than a match for.

I don't think the female doctor is going to be particularly feminine.
>>
>>85032104
Female James bond as the next bond? They're looking for a new bond after Craig right?
>>
>>85034585
>evolutionary viable
Lol. Regeneration is space magic, not a racial trait. It requires time lord education, training and ritual.
>>
The Dcotr is basically a tranny now
>Same character for 40+ years
>LOL IMMA GURL NOW
I fucking hate the BBC and this feminist shit. Why does the Doctor need to be a woman?
>>
>>85033210
>Anon, the Doctor is not for sexual.
You have clearly never met female Doctor Who fans.
>>
>>85034805
>regenerates into a female the first time ever in over 60 years
>this is Feminist and I can't emotionally handle this in my fantasy space adventure about a time travelling immortal alien.
Literally why does it matter to you so much that she is a woman this one time? Ever consider that the complaint is just silly?
>>
>>85032104
>tumblr the show
>will it become feminist bullshit
lol wut
>>
>>85034805
Ratings
>>
>>85034996
Because the character is male, and always has been. It makes no fucking sense that he suddenly becomes a female. This shit is just propaganda because the BBC loves forcing progressive shit into it's shows.

And literally why are you so excited that it's a female now? Need a strong role model or some shit?
>>
>>85032104
>become
>>
>>85035155
Oh, so you don't have a real argument besides "MUH PROPAGANDA REEE"? Gotcha. I had a feeling you couldn't actually articulate why.

It's not a big deal, mate. You aren't even complaining about the quality of the show, since the new series hasn't come out with her. You are only complaining about the Doctor being a woman now. I want you to understand that it makes you look spergy.
>>
>BBC pushes SJW shit into everything
>genderbend Doctor Who and force a shit woman Doctor on everyone
>ratings plummet as the mostly male fanbase stops watching
>BBC tries to shame fans into watching again
>next doctor will be paralyzed muslim lesbian transgender panda-kin
>series gets cancelled because of "MUH SOGGY KNEES"
>quietly wait 5 years
>reboot series again with white male lead
>best ratings ever
>>
>>85035155
>it makes no sense that a regenerating alien could regenerate into a female.
Lol but why?
>>
>>85032826
>That's pretty accurate

No it wasn't. There were no slaves in England and it was even declared unlawful there when a foreign slave owner tried to get an escpaed slave back and was told to fuck off. Bringing up slavery in an ep set in 19th century London was lazy agenda driven liberal faggotry.
>>
Is "TIME LORD NOT TIME LADY REE" the new "Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve"?
>>
>>85032104
>when a crossposting /pol/baby desperately tries to fit in with their shitposts
>>
>>85035375
Does it get tiresome to complain about da liberal agenda? Do you find time in your schedule to talk about it daily? Reserve space in your brain for constant outrage?
>>
>>85035459
It gets tiresome having everything be liberal propaganda.
That's why people complain.
>>
>>85035337
because they should regenerate into otherkin furry muslim feminist tranny. that's simple
>>
NURSE WHO?
>>
>>85035513
Or maybe, bear with me now, maybe the problem is you..? And not your entire universe? Maybe you have shit opinions?
>>
>>85034585
Aren't there various species of fish and amphibians that can change their gender in order to equalise breeding/population cycles though?
>>
>>85035513
>being this much of an autistic keyboard warrior.
What is your personal life even like, man?
>>
>>85035601
Nope.
>>
>>85035544
I wish they would do that just so I can watch you faggots cry about it for months.
>>
>>85032963
>since Ecclestone left
>Moffat took over

>two events literally 5 years apart.

do you guys actually watch the show?
>>
>>85035680
No you're probably right, it's everyone else around you in this dysropian liberal agenda-run universe out to get you. Make a stand! #notmydoctor amirite? You better show those libruh slavers what for!
>>
>>85032598
Not if you consider that one episode where he literally regenerated each day for billions of years.
>>
>>85035785
*dystopian
>>
>>85035601
I'm pretty sure the problem is you and your kind.
>>
>>85035843
>your kind
Who are "my" kind, detective? Is everyone who disagrees with your bullshit, your boogeyman? Grow up, faggot.
>>
>>85035826
nope, he kept cloning himself when he died
>>
>>85032104
>become
>>
>>85032237
maybe we just got older
>>
>>85035459
It's not tiresome at all because I rarely comment on it and certainly not on a daily basis. You should accept that if you post opinions especially ones backed up by dubious facts someone might offer an alternative view.
>>
>>85035287
It's mentioned in other posts, but im pretty sure that Who (as well as Supernatural) is one of the rare sci-fi shows with primarily female fan-base, which is why they've been doing so much feminist-y fan-service in recent years.
>>
>>85034805
>Same character for 40+ years
Do you even watch Doctor Who? Every regeneration overhauls both his body and personality.
>>
>>85036129
>dubious facts
>alternative view
That's just code for cogntivie dissonance, lad. Nice projection though, I bet you literally believe that every post that responds to you is your "rival". That's how these complexes work after all, believing that you are in constant debate with people you ideologically disagree with...instead of how the real world works. But please, tell me what "dubious fact" you think I believe in? Can I guess what shit opinions you probably hold?
>>
I saw this coming a mile away. Guess I won't be watching DW after this past season.
>>
Female doctor could be really good as long as they make the character the Doctor first and foremost. But honestly its pretty much certain that won't be the case and the characters defining characteristic is that they are female, which will be really shitty.
>>
>>85035269
Not him, but it's not hard to get your head around. If you don't agree with the political point they're making by casting a woman, then you're not going to be very happy, are you? On the other hand, if you don't care about politics, then it won't bother you. I want you to understand that writing like a condescending prick doesn't make you right.
>>
>>85035785
>imagine the absolute state of the person behind these posts
Except he's right you faggot. Slavery Abolition Act 1833.
>>
wait wait wait I dropped the show at season 6. The fuck is this
>>
>>85032104
Wasn't she in black mirror?
>>
File: kobe confusion.gif (2MB, 198x195px) Image search: [Google]
kobe confusion.gif
2MB, 198x195px
>12 regenerates into Jodie
>1 says "I see my future is promising, Thank you"
>goes back to his Tardis to regenerate
>yfw
>>
>>85036455
>you are condescending
>if you tell me not to sperg out about a female actress in a space fantasy
The gymnastics are intense today. Bottom line, you are autistic if this honestly bothers you. There is no way around that.
>>
>>85036485
What are you even saying here?
>>
didn't 11 think he was a girl first? so its not something they pulled out of their ass.

also the corsair was apparently regenerating between genders too.

and i remember when everyone pointed at that Rowan Atkinson clip and said what a great idea it was to make a regeneration female.

This was bound to happen. i don't understand the shock.
>>
>>85035923
In other words, the Doctor is actually dead and we're now following a clone who is about to become a woman.
>>
>>85032104
>>Will DW become feminist bullshit?
>>become
DW has almost always been about a male character who needs a female companion to act as his moral compass and give him a speech every now and then
>>
It'll continue to decline in ratings. Not even because she's a woman, but because of people like >>85036633
who talk down to you if you even question the decision behind it.
>>
>>85036421
>expecting a ship to sink
>so any minor disappointment is a tragedy
>>
File: 1491011170538.gif (975KB, 330x422px) Image search: [Google]
1491011170538.gif
975KB, 330x422px
>>85032104
>It's a /tv/ thinks every popular show and movie is left wing propaganda episode.
>>
>>85036633
>There is no way around that.
Proof? Actually, never mind. I'll just take your word for it because I don't like to think about things too much and I like other people to tell me what's right and wrong. I think I'm starting to get it now, Anon.
>>
It took them 54 years to make NuWho non-canon. Well done Chinball.
>>
File: 1499310973338.jpg (61KB, 820x820px) Image search: [Google]
1499310973338.jpg
61KB, 820x820px
>>85036842
>WAHHHH WHY CAN'T I MAKE TEN THREADS ABOUT HOW I CAN'T STAND WOMEN, WITHOUT PEOPLE MAKING FUN OF ME!? THIS IS SO UNFAIR HARRUMMMFF!!
>>
>>85032104
women destroy everything they get involved in, so this will be no exception
>>
>>85036970
That's literally this entire thread you retarded fag. New series isn't even out and the only argument besides autistic screeching is some variation of "I cant even". Kill yourselves for being such thin-skinned manchildren.
>>
>>85033182
>>85033218
>>85033542
Good riddance. Don't let the door hit you in the arse.
>>
>>85036585
Fucking hell, I dont want this to happen but I know it will. He's gonna say it aint he?
>>
>Not Tennant in drag saying wat for 10 minutes
>>
>>85036899
They think it is left wing propaganda because a woman merely exists in it now.
>>
>>85037154
>he watches a show made for children

Dude stop
>>
>>85036675
You started sperging at him when he said there were no slaves in England in the 19th century. This is factually correct. Slavery was made illegal by the Slavery Abolition Act 1833 and had been already been made redunant in the Isles by Somerset's case in 1722 which found there was no recognition of the condition of slavery in English law. He is right there were no slaves in England in the 19th century and anyone seeing a black would assume he was a trader merchant or sailor.
>>
>>85032104
Well at least she is conventionally attractive. I would drop the show if they made a Bill-tier woman the star.
>>
Delicious meninist tears.
>>
Might start watching DW now, thanks anon.
>>
>>85032104
Wait, the doctor is a tranny now? I stopped watching a few seasons back. Can I get a quick rundown?
>>
>Bill "You know I'm lesbian, right?" Potts was preparation for the unholy shitstorm to come
>>
>>85037291
I wasn't that anon, mate. Perhaps if your fingers weren't shaking that hard, you'd reply to the correct post.
>>
>>85037234
>he shitposts on NIGGERTITS

Dude stop
>>
>>85036899
You'd have to be willfully ignorant or clinically brain dead to know realize most popular shows and movies are left wing propaganda.
>>
>>85037370
It's canon that Time Lords can be any race or gender. But what people are mad about is how the showrunner said he could never imagine a female Doctor. So they feel betrayed.
>>
>>85037370
Doctor regenerated into a woman, like the Master did before. Gender continuity is a human concept, doesn't apply to Time Lords.
>>
>>85032104
>Yorkshire accent

This is going to be weird to listen to.
>>
>>85037444
Oh fuck the chemtrails are coming for me help
>>
>>85037319
>at least she's white
>>
>>85033701

DW isn't anime
>>
>>85037460
You misspelled patriarchy
>>
>>85037453
BUT MUH PROPAGADAAAA REEEEE MUH FEMINIST FORCED DIVERSSITTEEEEE
>>
>>85037103
>you can't criticize it YET
Yeah, okay. And I'm sure, when the series is out, you will carefully consider and respond to whatever criticism is leveled against it, instead of just switching from simplistic defense a (above) to simplistic defense b: SHE'S GREAT YOU'RE JUST SEXIST IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT
>>
>>85037396
What an ebin comeback mate. You definately didn't get BTFO by facts and reality. Move along now brainlet I'm done with you.
>>
>>85037578
>Yeah, okay. And I'm sure, when the series is out, you will carefully consider and respond to whatever criticism is leveled against it
Yes, I will you jabbering retard. Nice made up argument in your head though, nice assumptions. I'm sure you will have concise arguments when the show airs that aren't just "DA LIBRUH PROPAGANDA REEE", amirite?
>>
>>85032104
I don't care about The Doctor being a woman but who the fuck thought it was a good idea the racist bitch from Attack the Block and the cheating cunt from Black Mirror?

Should've been Phoebe Waller Bridge.
>>
>>85033652
British tv doesn't seem to be so focused on looks when casting their roles, and besides she's not even bad looking. Yes I just took your bait, and I'm not ashamed of it.
>>
>>85037630
Kiddo, I am quite literally not that anon. All you need to do is scroll up, faggot.
>>
Never watched the show but do the physical changes actually happen to this character due to time travel and all that or is it always the same person and the actor changes are just ignored like in Bond?
>>
>>85037652
No, because I won't have an opinion of my own on the matter until I've watched her first series. Nice made up argument, though. Nice assumptions :).
>>
>>85037472
I'd accept a black woman if they were as attractive as who-era Freema. Race doesn't matter to me at least, but attractiveness does. The Doctor gets 45 minutes of screentime an episode, regardless of sex or race they should be ok to look at.
>>
>>85037747
When the Doctor's physical body is close to death, it has the ability to regenerate in order to save himself. But the process changes his personality and facial features.
>>
>>85035622
Yep, both MtF and FtM. In some cases, it will literally start doping on testosterone and start demonstrating alpha male behavior only after changing sex to male.
>>
>>85037777
Good, then come back when the show airs.
>>
>>85037747
Alien physiology. Time Lords don't die for real, they just regenerate into a new body and personality. They originally made zthat up in 1966, when William Hartnell quit the role, but the show was well liked.
>>
>>85032365
Moffat has left. Next series has a new show runner.
>>
I'm going to start watching just to make you assmad virgins pissed and there's not a damn thing you can do about it lol. Stay mad bitchesssss
-Sarah
>>
File: doctor_9.jpg (112KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
doctor_9.jpg
112KB, 1024x768px
>>85037886
Why do you feel the need to troll? They manage that adequately by themselves.
>>
>people only just now realising DW is SJW shit
Holy fuck, its literally been this way for 50 years, the show was made by women, pakis and Canadians, and was reboooted by a faggot.

Jesus fucking christ, how are people so retarded?
>>
>>85036352
You what m8? The Doctor has a few new quirky traits but is over all the same person
>>
>>85036400

What an embarrassing post, sort yourself out lad
>>
>>85038025
He didn't say anything wrong. The Doctor does change in personality each time. What stays is his accumulated memories and general moral compass.
>>
>>85038021
I ask that question every time a conservatard defecates from their mouth.
>>
>>85037453
Missy is just an overhaul of continuity too. People ignored it for the most part because the Master was just fuck around literally and metaphorically
>>
What the fuck? Is that the bitch from Broadchurch?

Why didn't he get Colman? Did she not have the mustard?
>>
>>85037869
You can still kill a Time Lord by preventing regen though.
>>
>>85038021
Most of these people complaining don't know a thing about the show's history. They just reflexively protest everything with a female or nonwhite lead. You should have seen /pol/ bitching about the new Disney casting yesterday.
>>
>>85038056
Was there an argument here?
>>
>>85037987
bahahaha! I didn't even know this site existed until 5 minutes ago one of my pathetic beta orbiters begged me to check this place out and I've gotta say, EMBARASSING. It's clear you are all virgins and that no woman even would give you a second glance. Dr. Who doesn't need racist, sexist assholes as their audience so if you're going to stop watching go ahead and do it. I'll be sitting here watching every second and you'll still be a lonely virgin loser. In short, I win. and I'll always win.
-Sarah
>>
File: MRA asspain.gif (140KB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
MRA asspain.gif
140KB, 444x250px
>>85032104
>>
>WHY THERE IS A WOMAN ON MY TV!!!

Seriously guys
>>
>>85038211

Another epic comeback
>>
>>85038090
His personality is the exact same. He's the same basic wacky eccentric spaceman. The only difference is his taste in wardrobe. They tried to make 12 lack empathy to some degree but he was still the same character when they didn't try and add those few scenes to say "hey look he lacks empathy! he's totally different guys!!". 9 was the only real change and it's still slight
>>
Wouldn't mind if they weren't going to go all SJW with it, but I know they will
>>
>>85038238
pretty sure the SJWs and feminists have been crying for a real long time, like the blacks with oscars so white, in order to get a pity oscar for their oscarbait flick
>>
>>85038215
>australian shitposting
>>
File: 1442058358367.gif (1021KB, 421x389px) Image search: [Google]
1442058358367.gif
1021KB, 421x389px
>valid claims being made by people ITT against the change
>"LOLOLO ASS PAINED MRAs"
>"LE CONSPIRACY"
>"THIS ISN'T SJWs GO-I MEAN GUYS"

Can't wait to see the ratings tank
>>
>>85038416
>valid claims being made by people ITT against the change
Post them/quote them

>Can't wait to see the ratings tank
The ratings tanked years ago, BBC have nothing to lose
>>
>>85038414
>admitting defeat and actually getting mad over the internet because I'm a 10/10 and I'd never give you the time of day.

Wow Elliot, relax before you start writing that manifesto.
>>
>>85038297
So...no?
>>
>12 Male doctors
>Lets just shit all over that for the tumblr crowd
>Viewers plummet
>Hamplanets wanted a new daddy
>Doctor Crap finally dies
>Tumblr cries
>Superwholock fucks off forever

Fucking finally this shit can go back to the vaults
>>
What bothers me is they never go into these things thinking, "Okay - let's find the best person for the job." It's always motivated by agenda.
>>
>>85038467
see>>85034585

>The ratings tanked years ago, BBC have nothing to lose
Except their remaining viewership
>>
>>85038587
You sound mad.
>>
>>85033027
It still is.
>>
>>85038616
DW fans both male and female wanted Hayley Atwell for a female Doctor, but they don't care about fans
>>
>>85032568
>>85032598
Isn't this the 15 or 16 because of The War Doctor and the Curator?
>>
File: IMG_2037.jpg (425KB, 1242x1838px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2037.jpg
425KB, 1242x1838px
>>85032104
Well she is a feminist.
>>
>>85038757
The Curator is a future incarnation. This is the 15th because of War and Metacrisis.
>>
>>85037453
That's because leftists are trying to change a show that was always a bastion for conservative values (like science) into a SJW crapfest propaganda aimed at obese females and mad cuckerinos. White males are almost non existant in movies and shows, there is a war against us, we are slowly fading away because of them. Remember when DW in 2005 had a white male as a lead and not a single bad episode? Now those days are gone, just waiting for an episode against brexit and another one telling us how refugees are helping the world.
>>
>>85038645

>Being mad in the best year in history
>Being mad at degenerate who dying

HAH, yeah no.
>>
>>85038587
>Supernatural and Doctor Who
>Ever dying

Supernatural is going until Jared+Jensen aren't willing to do it anymore (and even then there are spin-off possibilities) and at the worst DW will be back in 7 years after a cancellation.
>>
>>85038782
>she literally says "you can't handle a stronk and powerful womyn!"

off to the right start
>>
>>85038391
except you losers are crying because your privilege and entitlement is being threatened, which means you're just fucking sad and insecure
>>
Well I was annoyed that i was right it was going to be female.
Now i want a story to make it better
Jack Returns
Hits on her constantly
>>
>>85032104
First they killed Top Gear.
Now it's Doctor Who's turn.
>>
>>85033701
unironically this. sad as that is.
>>
>>85038907
The Graham Norton show is next
>>
>>85038877

Can you teach me how to act so authentically like a Tumblr transplant?
>>
File: 1482175608901.jpg (40KB, 568x476px) Image search: [Google]
1482175608901.jpg
40KB, 568x476px
>>85038782
She sounds a bit like Hillary Clinton, desu.
Half her campaign was about the glass ceiling and the first woman President. The other half was about calling Trump a sexist. See how that turned out for her?
>>
>>85038893
oh fuck i can see it now.
>>
>>85038840
>I AM DEF NOT MAD REEEEE DEGENERATES REEEEEEEE OMFG I AM FINE!!
>>
>>85038812
>science is a conservative value
>unless it has to do with global warming and gender
Kek
>>
>>85038947

I don't think you can gay that show up any further without putting a dildo on the red chair, maybe Alan Carr could co-host?
>>
>>85038812
>Reboot Series 1
>Not a bad episode

Did you not watch the farting slitheens or are you so blinded by ideology that you thought they were good?
>>
>>85038956
>>
ITS HER TURN YOU FUCKING SHIT LORDS

>I cannot possible foresee this going wrong in any way whatsoeve-AHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>85038812
>White males are almost non existant in movies and shows, there is a war against us, we are slowly fading away because of them.
Nice bait.
>>
>>85039056

>Kinsey scale is scientific

lmoa
>>
>>85039097

I thought entitlement got replaced with privilege? Maybe you aren't as good as I thought
>>
>>85039132
Explain without feefees how it isn't...
>>
>>85037291
>Slavery Abolition Act 1833
The last Frost Fair was in 1814.
>>
File: 3600810.gif (239KB, 300x165px) Image search: [Google]
3600810.gif
239KB, 300x165px
>>85038967
>the Doctor spouts nothing but gender feminism bullshit
>the Master regens into a thinly veiled Trump straw man to fuck with the Doctor
>the Master quickly becomes the favorite over the Doctor
>>
>>85039056

>Science
>Gender

How dare you bring science into the realm of gender you fucking bigot dont you understand that the patriarchy has used FAKE SCIENCE to say there is only 2 genders and this has been backed by THOUSANDS of BIGOTED FAKE SCIENTIST since the dark ages.

I suggest you watch some bill nye for some REAL SCIENCE and stop being such a baby!
>>
>>85039056
or any other aspect of science because MUH BIBLE

science is about knowledge and discovery, being a conservative is about denying reality and living in a tiny little naive bubble that keeps getting smaller every day til the bubble gets so small where the fear and insecurity is unbearable
>>
>>85039260

Pretty simple, there's no proof that it is a spectrum
>>
File: Virgo.(FAIRY.TAIL).full.1092089.jpg (119KB, 1254x847px) Image search: [Google]
Virgo.(FAIRY.TAIL).full.1092089.jpg
119KB, 1254x847px
>>85037029
Fucking Gottem
>>85032104
Honestly although i was fucking pissed beyond all belief when i saw this... I am now okay with it as i want to see her in action and judge her that way.... she better by the Nine be good
>>
>>85039402
But that is literally not true, in any study of the subject, over the last 50 years.
>>
>>85039402
So, you can't?
>>
>>85032104
>implying it has not been for years
>>
>>85033182
Give her the 3 Episode chance, just like we did with all the people who were mad about Smith
If its preachy af back the fuck out of it
>>
The Nurse Practitioner
Pediatrician Who
It's bigger on the inside...but you can't tell because everything is covered in pillows and curtains.
>>
>>85039454
Why would you be pissed? Why do you still give a shit? The show lost me ages ago
>>
It already is. Another show sjw-clique ruined.
>>
>>85039522

>J-just give doctor who a chance

D E S P E R A T I O N
>>
>>85037444
movies are braindead in general and true left wing propaganda tv shows don't last long, there is usually elements in popular shows because that is easy to swallow
>>
>dr looks into mirror
>goes to every black co star character for "enlightenment"
>>
>>85039559
Meh I've always kinda liked it
Never watched in week to week or was that devoted but would binge the show when there was nothing else on
Also because the Doctor was sometimes 'Daddy' AF
>>
Stop bitching and get to the memes already. I need to find someone mash up the "pull the hood back" part with "IT WAS ME AUSTIN" asap.
>>
File: 154340042.jpg (94KB, 598x628px) Image search: [Google]
154340042.jpg
94KB, 598x628px
Would you watch this show, /tv/?
>>
>>85039462

Sex is binary and is based on your chromosomes, gender and sex are the same, the redefinition of gender in the 60's that you're probably using has no basis in reality, it's basis is in sociology. There is no proof that sex or sexuality is a spectrum and no reason to believe it
>>
>>85034585
>get THIS upset that your evening telly show for kids with the silly man and his wacky hijinks will star a toilet-slit user instead of a tinger-tanger
Wow, that's genuinely pathetic.
>>
>>85032837
Absolute kek
>>
File: 084.png (298KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
084.png
298KB, 600x512px
>>85032104
>People unironically enjoy this pile of shit of a show
>>
>>85032954

is a kid show, is fucking absurd seeing people loosing shit for nerd stuff like comics books and sci-fi.
>>
Yes but is her vagina bigger on the inside?
>>
I love the revisionist fifth column social engineering soy fueled apologists. Destroyed anime, fur, video games, most image boards, finally put the nail in Doctor Who's coffin and still have the gall to wonder why people don't like "changes". Calling it now, they're going to layer the shit on heavy during this season and this will be the least of the hot button issues.
>>
>>85039778
I would. I want it to be blatantly be everything the alarmists are saying it will be. Then we can put it up as an example of everything that is wrong and know the idiots who protect it
>>
File: 1500134465212.png (202KB, 374x345px) Image search: [Google]
1500134465212.png
202KB, 374x345px
>>85039778
>Literally admitting his characters are 1d cutouts
Sad!
>>
>>85039819
>that same tired "I don't know the difference between sex, sexual expression, sexual identity and gender" meme argument
Again, nearly every study of the last 5 decades disagrees with you bud. So it's probably you. Seems like you just don't want to change your beliefs in the face of new evidence.
>>
>>85039819
>gender and sex are the same
No, they aren't.
>wahhhh sociology is dumb
Not an argument.
>>
>>85040158
>I want my delusional fantasies to come true just so I can say "I told you so".
Pathetic.
>>
>>85040230
>Made up liquid terms are real

If you define your term as "undefinable" then it's by definition pointless to argue over them.

I.e "Gender expression is how one feels on the gender spectrum"

WHY ARE THERE SO MANY BRAINWASHED PLEBS
>>
>>85040230

Again, sociological studies, not scientific ones

>>85040275

>You're wrong >:(
>>
File: genesis of the doctor.jpg (55KB, 640x383px) Image search: [Google]
genesis of the doctor.jpg
55KB, 640x383px
>>85032104
What I really hoped for is for the Doctor to die and then the 1st doctor who will be in the Christmas Special: he will take over and thus the whole history of DW will be re-written

DON'T GET ME WRONG!

I love the classic Who and thus the best way to get the classic Who back is to bring back the 1st, second doctor etc.

I would have preferred that then this shit
>>
>>85032637
Fug my sides
>>
>>85040336
>Again, sociological studies, not scientific ones
No, not just sociological studies and sociology is a type of scientific field to begin with. Stop trying this hard and just produce actual data that supports your position then.
>inb4 more crying about sociology because the /pol/ memes said so.
>>
Why is she so unattractive? No sex appeal at all
>>
>>85040330
None of this makes any sense and is just a strawman argument to avoid the consensus that does exist, that states that gender is not the same thing as biological sex. Why does this bother you?
>>
>>85040484
It's a consensus cooked up by atheist Jews and other such unsavory characters
>>
>>85040336
>he thinks there are no scientific studies that back this up
Do you have a list of all the science your political ideology tells you to ignore out of principle or something?
>>
>>85032104
It already is, to a fairly significant degree. I just hope it doesn't get worse. But a new showrunner + Whittaker saying things like
>as a feminist
makes me less than optimistic.
>>
>>85040484
> avoid the consensus that does exist, that states that gender is not the same thing as biological sex
Fallacy of authority. Next up you will tell me Bill Nye style "It's settled science"

Define your terms, then realize that they word them in such a way to be meaningless or infinite, hence still meaningless.
>>
File: jodie.jpg (26KB, 700x350px) Image search: [Google]
jodie.jpg
26KB, 700x350px
>>85040433

I like her
>>
>>85039616
Literally every Doctor has been met with "ew why'd they cast him? I'm not watching anymore!" It's not desperation.
>>
>>85040553
>DA JOOOS ARE COOKIN UP DA BOOKS!
Well, shit. What an airtight argument...
>>
>>85040330
>IM NOT BRAINWASHED YOURE BRAINWASHED WHY EVERYTHING DIFFERENT IM NOT INSECURE REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 5aSLFYy.jpg (69KB, 528x960px) Image search: [Google]
5aSLFYy.jpg
69KB, 528x960px
>>
>>85040627
>ad homenim

Still waiting for an argument...
See what I said here:
>>85040590
>>
>>85032104
Her foot game is on point
>>
>>85040590
>Fallacy of authority
Saying there is a consensus on a fucking fact is not an appeal to authority you retarded shitheel. A scientific consensus literally means something other than "a lot of people agree", it means that there is a consensus regarding multiple data sets, over multiple research projects. I'm not telling you it's true because a lot of people say so, but because the data says so.
>>
>>85040590
>Define your terms, then realize that they word them in such a way to be meaningless or infinite, hence still meaningless.
What a convenient little self-contained argument that is. So it doesn't even matter what I tell you, eh?
>>
>>85040739
>the data says so
Again, the data is cooked up by a bunch of Jews with a vested interest in undermining traditional morality.
>>
>>85040828
No I want you to type them out yourself.

If I am wrong surely you can show me by simply defining your terms...
Also:
>Basicl level peripatetic discourse is now seen as dodgy
What have we done
>>
>>85040877
>da Joooos are out to undermine "traditional" morality
Right, faggot. So there is no real argument you have, is there?
>>
what would trigger alt-right man babies more? The doctor being a woman or the doctor being a person of color
>>
>>85040941
You don't argue with Jews, rabbi. Any criticism just rolls off them like rain off a raincoat.
>>
>>85040421

>Prove a negative

Yeah alright lad. Sociology is not a "type of scientific field" it's social theory with a scientific gloss, but it's not necessarily bad.
the idea that sex and sexuality is a spectrum however is not based on any datasets or empirical evidence, if you can provide it I'd be happy to look over it

>>85040569

No but you do, HBD for example
>>
>>85040877
Bravo, anon, that's nearly half a dozen fallacies in one sentence, without even addressing the point.
And that's to even grant that conspiracy theory bullshit even being true.
>>
>>85040979
No one cares it's a woman. My favorite fictional character is female: Keria from KOTOR 2. Very deep character who I wish to emulate.It's about all the BS that is hidden behind it and you know it.
>>
>>85032104
>Will DW become feminist bullshit?

Do you really need to ask?
They shoehorned every other social justice trope in so far.
>>
>>85040940
>If I am wrong surely you can show me by simply defining your terms...
Gender is a socially defined construct that is in part informed by biolgocial sex but modified and influenced and defined by culture. Sexual identity is a mixed bag of different qualifiers that vary from person to person, since not a single mammal on this earth is dogmatically a blank slate of sexuality. Everything I said is backed up by biology and sociology alike and is the modern accepted consensus on gender expression, gender identity and gender assignment.
>>
>>85040979

Can Wonder Woman become Wonder Man then? For the sake of equality of course.
>>
File: Good friends.jpg (188KB, 536x526px) Image search: [Google]
Good friends.jpg
188KB, 536x526px
>>85032637
>trick all the hicks living in England into believing that their have always been muslims throwing acid at them

kek
>>
>Regenerate into woman for first time
>"Uhhh, guys I'm going to be alone in my room for a while. DO NOT DISTURB."
>>
>>85041078
right...except you're just projecting that narrative on to her because they made the doctor a woman
>>
>>85041158
Thor became a woman, so I see no reason why not. Of course the screeches of MUH MALE PRIVILEGE will probably prevent it.
>>
File: DAS RITE.png (15KB, 523x126px) Image search: [Google]
DAS RITE.png
15KB, 523x126px
DAS RITE WHITE BOY

WE GOT YO SHIT NIGGA
>>
Reminder that Time Lords NEVER changed genders in the classic series.
It's just"because it it 2016" bullshit that the BBC put in to get progressive points.
>>
>>85041158
false equivalence
>>
>In the year 3000. Two humans sit a table and chat about doctor who. One is having troubling following it, the other a dedicated fan.
>"I have tired to watch some of the older ones, but I can't keep track of the main character"
>"Oh yeah, the doctor can regenerate, I should mentioned that before you started binging it. It means the actor can change who you plays him/her/it/them."
>"Wait, you're telling me that the doctor wasn't always a half-robot, quarter Martian and a little crazy?"
>"Yeah, the character went through several changes. I think the current thing that plays it is the 578392047563829th regeneration, unofficially, I think they retconed most of it. It's funny, because one point really early on in the shows lore Galifrey went out of their way to punish anyone who switched genders during regeneration."
>"Huh, anything else I should know about?"
>"The planet Galfirey had two Suns solely due to a vampire infestation from an alternative dimension."
>"..."
>"I don't think this show is for me."
>>
>>85041097
But do you see my point? The point you are making is that it is Gender is "a socially defined construct" because..... it's defined by culture - society. It's literally a word game.

Let me rephrase what you have done here:
""Gender which I will define as dependant on the subjectivity of the individual and culture is a societal construct as it is dependant on the culture and the subjectivity of the individual..."

DO YOU SEE IT YET
>>
>>85032237
>implying RTD's era was better
>>
>>85041034
>the idea that sex and sexuality is a spectrum however is not based on any datasets or empirical evidence
Except it is:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.psychologytoday.com/blog/sex-sexuality-and-romance/201606/spectrum-sexuality-and-romance%3Famp

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_sexuality_spectrum

http://www.ncurproceedings.org/ojs/index.php/NCUR2016/article/view/1860

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/magazine/2017/01/how-science-helps-us-understand-gender-identity/

http://science.sciencemag.org/content/304/5673/965

People who say dumb shit like you, never bothered to do real research on the subject.
>>
>>85032104
It depends on how they play it. I see three possible outcomes.

1)They could just write her like all the other doctors.

2)They could bog down the episode with "hur dur I'm a girl, insert random feminist aesop" (Like they did for the last doctor being old in the transformation episode.)

3)They could do it like a less edgy Jessica Jones and insert some "feminist" themes while being real about it (or as real as doctor who gets) and make them work by giving substance to the story without shoving feminist monologues in your face.

No matter what though I can already see people complaining that she's a Mary Sue, and I'll laugh at them for just noticing it now cause the Doctor has always been a Mary Sue.
>>
>>85041238
Are you fucking serious?

GUYS THE NEW DOCTOR IS A WOMAN -BBC
"The future is female... thank God" ad infinitum. 0 interest in character all interest in WHAT she is.

>>85041097
Also if gender is a social construct it wouldn't make it any less meaningful. You know what else is a social construct. Traffic light rules.Go run a red light and see how that works out for you.
>>
>>85041331
I see you going in circles to pretend that this is a circular argument for whatever reason. Sounds like you want to just ignore the definitions you don't like, faggot. It's not a word game just because you want it to be.
>>
>>85041034
>HBD for example
The fuck is a HBD?
>>
>>85036899
BBC have diversity quotas. The last season of Dr Who had them visiting pre-Victorian London that had more blacks and pakis than it does now, claiming 'history's a whitewash' and had a lesbian companion who brought it up every episode for no reason.
It's long been left-wing, but it's definitely propoganda now.
>>
>>85041481
Okay let me go REAL SLOW:

>Gender is a socially defined construct
>that is in part informed by biolgocial sex but modified and influenced and defined by culture.

The evidence for its own claim, is its restating of its claim at the end of the sentence.

Also see what I said here:
>>85041468
>>
>>85041468
>You know what else is a social construct. Traffic light rules.Go run a red light and see how that works out for you.
This is literally not an argument.
>>
>>85033538
Unsuccessful troll is unsuccessful.
>>
For those of you upset about this just remember one thing

Cosplay.
>>
>>85041373

Fuck you mustn't have expected me to click on those links, you managed to source a single study, half of them are articles. Did you literally just google sexuality is a spectrum and copy+paste the top results?

l o l
>>
File: 1316723445381.jpg (53KB, 544x548px) Image search: [Google]
1316723445381.jpg
53KB, 544x548px
>>85032767
>I can't imagine anyone is actually mad about this.
Welcome to 4chan.

I left this place because of the misogyny. Doctor #13 being a woman makes me so satisfied I have no words.

All the MRA screeching is making me feel so glib and giddy.

>M-M-MUH CULTURAL MARXIST BRAINWASH AGENDA WHITE GENOCIDE REEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 2017.jpg (586KB, 976x1218px) Image search: [Google]
2017.jpg
586KB, 976x1218px
But she's "beyond excited, as a feminist" you guys.
It's HER TIME.
>>
>>85041593
>The evidence for its own claim, is its restating of its claim at the end of the sentence.
Then you are seriously illiterate if you came to that autistic conclusion.
>>
>>85032104
Can't be worse than how fucking boring Capaldi was.
>>
File: 1357181979355.jpg (56KB, 337x367px) Image search: [Google]
1357181979355.jpg
56KB, 337x367px
How was this past season? I have it all on DVR but I stopped watching after they made the Doctor a bumbling idiot who had to be bailed out by his companion every single week.
>>
So Doctor Who is a futa? Sounds perfect for /tv/
>>
>>85041654
>numale faced author

Every fucking time
>>
File: DW.gif (537KB, 245x185px) Image search: [Google]
DW.gif
537KB, 245x185px
>>85032365
Mukkit already gave us the 1st woman Doctor.

https://youtu.be/tp_Fw5oDMao
>>
>>85032104
If "he" behaves anything like a woman I will lose my shit.
He has been a man for thousands of years.
She has to play the role as a full on tomboy.
>>
>>85041654
>that weak ass numale beard and bitchface
Kek
>>
>>85041596
Are you fucking kidding me? The whole point of the constructionist argument is that you can do whatever you like with gender. Very much like saying "Traffic lights are a social constuct" (WHICH THEY ARE) "therefore we can ignore them and do anything with it.

>>85041657
Ad Homenim...
Literally showed you in baby steps how you haven't proved shit and that your definition is a non definition as it is literally saying that what it is is contingent upon something and everything that is always changing.
>>
The best thing about all of this is definitely all the twitter posts saying things like 'DRINKING MALE TEARS' which can't seem to find angry male tweets to quote. It's like no one cares apart from the virtue signallers.
>>
>>85041636
*one was a National Geographic article on sexuality (sources provided within)
*one was a Science.org article on sexuality (sources provided within)
*one was a legit study on asexuality and sexuality as a spectrum.
*one was a wikipedia article explaining the history of sexuality as a study.

Your response was "psh".
>>
>>85041158
DC's Wonder man is Hercules
>>
>>85034805
BECAUSE
IT
IS
TWENTY
SEVENTEEN
>>
>>85041686
Pretty good actually
>>
>>85040361
But they would have 'modernised' the 1st Doctor making him a full-on progressive feminist and all that shit.
Best to leave him as he was.
>>
>>85041373
>wikipedia
Literally anyone can edit it and source it regardless of that source's merit.
>national geographic
Has to delete comments because they can't hold up to scrutiny.
You really "destroyed" him there anon.
>>
>>85041686
They only had to make that happen because he was a WHITE MALE. Now that the doctor is a woman she'll be able to be competent, at least until the companion is a black disabled transwoman.
>>
>>85041757
"numale" aka not an insecure manchild
>>
I consider myself to be left-wing and what pisses me off the most about this isn't even the Doctor being a female, it's the sheer amount of toxic feminism I've already had to face within the hours of this announcement.

Like, I'm sure there's critics who actually are misogynistic, but the opposite assuming this is true in 100% of the cases is just poisoning the well and preventing any sort of healthy debate over the subject.

>"if you don't like these news it's because you hate women"
>"but what if my misgivings have legitimate grounds?"
>"lol nope just misogynism"
>>
>>85040433
>Doctor Who
>sex appeal
>>
>>85041762
>Literally showed you in baby steps how you haven't proved shit and that your definition is a non definition
You literally didn't, you're just being a semantic faggot because we both know you have no actual argument.
>>
>>85041773
psh
>>
File: 1458830225435.jpg (40KB, 467x700px) Image search: [Google]
1458830225435.jpg
40KB, 467x700px
>People still watch Doctor Who

I know it is the pinnacle of English """""entertainment""""" but come on.
>>
File: 1421836486192.gif (260KB, 266x207px) Image search: [Google]
1421836486192.gif
260KB, 266x207px
>>85038636
>some guy on Facebook crying over "the PC brigade" being mad because "gender change confuses muh pea brain"
>valid claims being made
Pick one, faglord.
>>
File: Scientific Study.png (367KB, 593x561px) Image search: [Google]
Scientific Study.png
367KB, 593x561px
>>85041773

I'll browse your single study after this thread dies you embarrassment
>>
>>85041773
"Bill Nye your mom's guy" tell you that?
>>
>>85041302
Reminder that there were serious considerations by both cast and crew to cast a female Doctor going right back to the 70s.
>>
>>85033182
Yeah, I'm done. Lifelong fan here. The Doctor is a man. Would've been OK with even going to a black actor. But this feels so wrong for the character.
>>
>>85041819
>Literally anyone can edit it and source it regardless of that source's merit.
This meme again? Are you retarded? It sources a dozen scientific papers on the subject on the bottom of the fucking page.
>Has to delete comments because they can't hold up to scrutiny.
I'm pretty sure you made this up.
>You really "destroyed" him there anon.
Considering you are ignoring half of the other sources and not even remotely addreasing the data within, I think so.
>>
>>85041750
>implying gender roles aren't dictated by biology

tumblr is that way
>>
File: Untitled-3.jpg (569KB, 1029x747px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-3.jpg
569KB, 1029x747px
>>85036585
There is literally a Big Finish audio story where the first Doctor meets a bunch of Pakistani and Jamaican immigrants who are being racially discriminated against in the 1960s, and he tells them not to worry because they will "enrich this country" in the future.
>>
>>85041862
Using Aristotle's conditions for truth is now semantics. WHAT A WONDERFULL WORLD.

I do want to reach a conclusion to this though so for the sake of keeping the ball rolling let's say I 100% capitulate to the social constructionist view. Then what? I argue (traffic lights) that there is no reason to change them hence "mould" or "challenge -aka disregard" gender roles. What say you?
>>
>>85041858
there were plenty of girls who wanted to fuck Matt Smith's brains out even though he looks like a foot
>>
>>85041983
I am not quite sure you even know what your argument is, kid.
>>
>>85032104
>beat out Tilda Swinton
>BEAT TILDA FUCKING SWINTON

Now that's just bullshit. Swinton would have been remarkable.
>>
>>85042019
PLEASE ACTUALLY ENGAGE ME HERE THE LAST FEW REPLIES HAVE BEEN NOTHING BUT AD HOMENIMS AND SHRUG OFFS ARGUE FFS

What do you need clarified. It's very simple.
>>
>>85041762
>Very much like saying "Traffic lights are a social constuct" (WHICH THEY ARE) "therefore we can ignore them and do anything with it.
This is literally what a strawman is. Are you this stupid?
>>
>>85037507
Westernfags turn content into anime regularly because they believe it's the superior form of art. Just look at what Tumblr has done to Harry Potter.
>>
>>85041806
>literally the worst run of episodes since series 2
>"pretty good actually"
>>
>>85032837
LOL
>>
>I can now comfortably jack off to the doctor without being gay

How is this bad? Lock eyes and crank one out boys
>>
>>85041988

Is this a common observation or your own because it's fucking spot on
>>
>>85042085
Is this not what drives modern gender politics - the idea that gender is malleable hence gender roles interchangeble, hence the drive behind "powerfull" female characters that merely adopt the traditional masculine role.
>>
>>85040979
At least women are hot. People of colour are just ugly and boring to watch 9 times out of 10.
>>
>>85042082
I'm not engaging you, all of this is just an elaborate dodge built on semantics because you can't fundamentally argue why you believe gender is not a construct, so you have to pull all sorts of gymnastics out your ass...like your ridiculous traffic lights strawman.

What exactly is your gripe with calling gender a social construct?
>>
>>85042050
Swinton would never have done it, are you retarded?
As much as it's hard to believe, there aren't a ton of big-name actors begging to become Dr Who
>>
>>85041957
Try citing Wikipedia as a source at a university than if it's so reliable.
>I'm pretty sure you made this up.
Can't comment on the article can't comment on their videos discussing this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89Az3m-qJeU
What's wrong anon? Need a safe space for your ideas?
>>
>>85042159
I think your issue is that you may not know what a gender role even is.
>>
>>85037319
For now. Slippery slope to ugly fat trans gender fluid... thing.
>>
Of course. This is just a step to the next Doctor, a black man or muslim. Or both.
>>
File: Gallifrey series 6.jpg (614KB, 1038x744px) Image search: [Google]
Gallifrey series 6.jpg
614KB, 1038x744px
>>85037445
>It's canon that Time Lords can be any race or gender.

Only in NuWho. From 1989-1989 it was never a thing, and in all the assorted official audio dramas and books up until this year etc it was never a thing.

I'd watch the shit out of a series about Romana or another Time Lady (in fact there's an excellent series starring her and Leela doing politics on Gallifrey). I'd be pissed if Romana suddenly turned into a dude. I am pissed the the Doctor has suddenly turned into a woman.

A show needs some internal consistency.
>>
>>85042244
>Try citing Wikipedia as a source at a university than if it's so reliable.
There are literally scholarly sources cited in the page I linked. Do you even get why I was showing that to you?
>comments are disabled on a Youtube video! That means the info is wrong!
Woah, really makes me think.
>What's wrong anon? Need a safe space for your ideas?
Palpable irony considering you straight faced ignored all the data I gave you, you belligerent retard.

Kill yourself.
>>
>>85039778
>black love interest
>cuck assistant
>...
>Joss Whedon liked this
>>
File: mad.png (116KB, 945x315px) Image search: [Google]
mad.png
116KB, 945x315px
This thread right now.
>>
>>85042247

>let's see if I can keep deflecting before 404
>>
>>85042203
Again not an argument. I am really trying here btw.

>all of this is just an elaborate dodge built on semantics because you can't fundamentally argue why you believe gender is not a construct
Firstly, don't psychoanalyse me, my motivations are irrelevant to the truth of the matter.

The arguments I have provided against the constructionist position are:

1) A definition is something that is universal - true regardless of which subject thinks of it. A door is a door regardless of space or time or place. The constructionist view fundementally subverts a definition by DEFINING something as contingent upon a time a place and even worse, upon each subject himself. If a definition isn't universal then you haven't defined anything. Constructionists take what once was a definition - gender based of chromisones, and MOULDED IT to become a non definition. This is as well as I can explain it and 2 (let me type while you read this)

2)
>>
I fucking hate this bullshit. And then their counters "womyn are taking over, we are next, white men era is over".

I don't fucking care it's a woman. But I hate the fact it's done just because she is a woman. Politically correct bullshit.

I would hate it if they changed a cool female character in a male. You can't play the sexist card. It's lame.
>>
>>85042364
Lost confidence in your sources eh? Also scholarly? Really makes you think, that would imply you could think. But yes just accuse anon of doing what you're doing that always works.
>>
>>85042364

Why didn't you just link those scholarly sources that you've never read directly then?
>>
>>85041296
Isn't it pretty sexist that women assume they have to steal male franchises to have any hope of succeeding in the industry. Calls for James Bond to become Jane Bond only imply that a female Bond would rely on the power of the franchise, rather than the quality of the film and the desire for audiences to see women in lead roles, to generate box office success. Sad!
>>
>>85042463
I have no idea who you are quoting but saying that gender is a construct, is a universal definition. You are literally playing semantics because you don't like that. Constructs exist in our zeitgiests, they do indeed have malleable definitions, such as morality: concepts that change and modify over time. I have no clue what you think your own argument is, that nothing exists as a construct?

Sounds like you have a seperate gripe with constructionists and are graphing those issues onto me, bud.
>>
>my wife's son (8 years old) is a fervent Doctor Who fan
>finds out the new doctor is female
>"but that's so stupid!"
>"why's that?"
>"how can he be a girl, girls are icky"
>starts crying
>"I don't want to watch anymoooore"

Good job, BBC. You killed my wife's son hero.
>>
>>85042463
2) Even if I concede to the idea that somehow a definition isn't universally true. The function of the gender role would still be just as necessary, even if no longer as true. Okay so a traffic light system is - like if I concede gender to you - a social construct. Yet that is no excuse to say that one should be able to change the rules to how you see fit. If gender is a construct then I can change it so I fit here on the spectrum - is the equivalent of saying - since traffic lights are a social construct then I can change the rules so I define green as stop and red as go.

Because there is an entire network upon which it rests, to say that ones subjective reality justifies taking actions to mold ones own "ruleset" is folly, and will lead to a crash.
>>
>>85036842
It's going to decline in ratings because the writers are self-indulgent faggots who use a good ol' boy network to keep themselves and their friends in complete control of the show despite their incompetence at actually writing entertaining episodes. The Sherlock Holmes show has the same problem, with the exact same group of people.
>>
>>85042203
That would imply "gender" to exist first off for it be socially constructed.
>>
>>85042561
>>85042599
Still just dodging and not addressing any of the data presented to you. But keep screeching about Wikipedia, as if there wasn't 4 other fucking links in that post that you equally ignored. I just want you to admit that you have no argument and you believe something based on feefees.
>>
>>85042666
Are you SERIOUS.

A DEFINITION IS THAT WHICH IS UNIVERSAL OR IT WOULDN'T BE A DEFINITION IT WOULD BE A FEELING, AN INSTINCT, A HUNCH!

Do you really not know what a definition is or simply deny that definitions are universal!!! Do you really question the definition of a fucking definition!
>>
>>85042727
It exists as a construct informed partially by biology...

I can never get why this is so hard for some of you to wrap your head around.
>>
>>85038893
Jack hit on the Doctor anyway, he kissed nine on the lips.
>>
At least she isn't a nigger.
>>
>>85042797
But I'm giving you the definition of gender, and you don't like it. Moreover, you can't accept that some things are not defined well, or defined as concrete objects. Constructs aren't physical things, they are ideas. They have a definition...you just don't like it.
>>
>>85042742

I'm just making fun of you for linking to wikipedia as a source, the thread's about to die so nobody's going to be going through hours worth of information as you well know you spacker

>reeee broflakes not an argument (that's a 4chan me me right xD)

The fact that you have to borrow rhetoric just shows how pathetic you are
>>
>>85042742
Read me this wise guy if man and woman are social constructs then when were they first constructed? By God perhaps? 4000 BC? 10, 000 BC? How about instead of hiding you back up what got to say?
>>
>>85042712
>Yet that is no excuse to say that one should be able to change the rules to how you see fit.
Because those rules aren't real, friendo. A committee could decide tomorrow that red means go, it's not like gravity or the world being round, it's only contingent on people defining it. This is all just a dumb strawman anyway. But you are apparently too fucking stupid to see why.
>>
>>85042865
No you fucking moron I explained in clear English why your definition isn't one. Re read carefully what I have said, I worded it perfectly. If you don't understand or would like to clarify then please go ahead. Simply telling me "but you "just don't like it" (psychoanalysis again, I told you not to already!)" is not even engaging any of the points made.
>>
>>85042919
I didn't link it as a source, I linked it to show how the discussion on sexuality as a spectrum has been a thing for decades
>The fact that you have to borrow rhetoric just shows how pathetic you are
I'm not borrowing shit you hugbux "muh secret club" redditor.
>>
>>85042800
That's where you're wrong kiddo, "gender" can not explain things that simply are. Like sexual dimorphism.
>>
>>85042991
Yes this is true! But then you would say that (if you changed red to green and vice versa) that THOSE NEW standards are rigid arbitrary and oppressive! Hence what you want isn't one fixed standard but none at all. All colour's thus mean WHATEVER THE DRIVER AT THAT TIME WISHES THEM TO BE. Any standard is needed - and must be adopted for any driving to work. Thus no matter what having identity malleable thus contingent subjectively is irrelevant as one must have it conformed for any driving to occur whatsoever.
>>
>>85043004
>No you fucking moron I explained in clear English why your definition isn't one
But it was and you were simply just wrong.
>>
>>85043087

>more borrowing rhetoric

I couldn't have asked for a better reply
>>
>>85043132
>But then you would say that (if you changed red to green and vice versa) that THOSE NEW standards are rigid arbitrary and oppressive!
More strawmen, eh?
>>
>>85043187
>he thinks anyone who makes him look foolish is just "borrowing"
I know you just got here after the election, but believe it or not, some of us have been here a while.
>>
>>85043144
> you were simply just wrong.

Would you accept this as an argument against you? Have higher standards. Imagine me saying this to you seriously? Be genuine please. At least - if you are 100% right - have pity on me and try to help me understand. This non argument is not how to do that.
>>
>>85043120
But gender isn't trying to do that? Gender is one part of a larger whole considering sexuality
>>
>>85043188
Are you serious? How is that a strawman? It is the typical mainstream line of thought and is merely the implications of your ideas. Tell me where I am going wrong GIVE ME SOMETHING TO WORK WITH
>>
At least she isn't a Jew.
>>
>>85043240
>telling me I'm wrong
>is a non-argument
>>
>>85043236

>Appeal to oldfaggotry

I've been here longer than you newfriend
>>
>>85038314
>His personality is the exact same.

You just showed your self for being a nu-who fan. Baker (space professor who plays goofy to a point of being ditzy to lure his enemies into a false security) who was completely different from Pertwee (tinkerer who shows how dangerous he can be and loves to jump into mysteries).
>>
>>85043293
>telling you how I believe you think and feel about imaginary arguments in my head, just in a process to build a cartoon response I want to answer
>is not a strawman.
>>
File: disgruntledbeyondrepair.jpg (37KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
disgruntledbeyondrepair.jpg
37KB, 400x386px
>>85043328
????????????????????????????????
>>
>>85042742
Cat caught your tongue? I swear you people always get cool feet when confronted with the question of "when"?
>>
>>85043328

Telling some one they're wrong is by definition not an argument. Explaining why would be part of an argument.
>>
>>85043336
2015 wasn't that long ago, kid.
>>
>>85043418
Buddy, I literally linked data for you...that you promptly ignored. Give it a rest, faggot. We both know you don't have anything to say or else you would have when the data was first sent to you.
>>
>>85043275
>Men are only stronger then women because of social pressures
Found this gem on your beloved wiki, you know damn well it's trying to do that.
>>
>>85043441

If I could do a bit of psychoanalysing to even this thread out a bit, you're projecting, only underage b& call other posters "kid"
>>
>>85043420
Except I did explain it.
>>
>>85043420
>is by definition not an argument

This kid is literally denying the universality of all definitions. Don't bother. He literally has to redefine the nature of definitions to go through the mental gymnastics to try to form a shadow of a point for constructionism.
>>
>>85043557
What's the matter, does it make your peepee hurt when I call you kid, kid?
>>
>>85043507
>Read it yourself.
How about you read it to me when you're the one with something to prove?
>>
>>85043592
>This kid is literally denying the universality of all definitions
But I didn't, samefag.
>>
>>85039312
Didn't they make it so he doesn't come back? I know they have done that already but at this point I just want them to bring back one of his other notorious enemies like the Rani or the Monk, or shit lets bring Romana back.
>>
>>85043608

It's hurting for you lad, you've convinced me of this fluidity of sexuality stuff
>>
File: 1487078539093.png (382KB, 726x505px) Image search: [Google]
1487078539093.png
382KB, 726x505px
>>85043660
mfw

This is self satire.
>>
>>85043610
You said a scientifically untrue statement, I showed you sources explaining how you were wrong, you dodged for half an hour, now I have to fucking read them out to you?

Kill yourself now you low IQ degenerate.
Thread posts: 410
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.